XY OU Mega Gyarados Rain Team

Hey guys, today I built a rain team with Mega Gyarados.
I've tested it in some battles, but there is something that make me dissatisfied.
Let's see together my rainy buds :)

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Encore

The classic rain setter lead in his specially defensive version. He tooks quite well Charizard Y who try to beat the rain with his sun. Classic set, Encore for a little stall break for to set spin rocks or boost Gyarados. Rest for a better rain durability.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Leech Seed

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

Here the tank and rock setter. It works very well under the rain, taking less damage from fire type moves. Power Whip and not Gyro Ball because I need a grass move, works great against water type, also bulky water type like the other Gyarados.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SAtk / 20 Spd

IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Defog

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Roost

I took him for defogging and for to help other Pokèmons with the bird spam of Talonflame. Covers Ferrothorn well from fight types.

Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Waterfall

- Dragon Dance

- Crunch

- Earthquake

If he can dance one time it is dangerous, if can dance two or more times almost nothing can stop him. Wondering if the substitute version is better. Earthquake is specially for Rotoms.

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 76 Atk / 216 SAtk / 216 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Superpower

- Hurricane

- U-turn

- Knock Off

Love the U-turn+Regenerator combo. With Hurricane 100% precision under the rain. Knock Off for to disable the enemy item, specially the Eviolites from Chansey.

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Surf/Hydro Pump

- Flash Cannon

- Ice Beam

Here the special sweeper. It deals a tons of damage, very fast under rain.

Thanks for reading :)

PS: if someone can change metagame on title, I've maked a mistake, is ORAS OU and not XY.

Last edited:
Hey there! I see you are new to Smogon. You should read the RMT rules or else this post might get locked. Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Alright that's good. Then you need a minimum of three lines of description for each pokemon, basically elaborate on the points you've made. If possible, add some images/sprites, the team building process and some replays as that'll help people rate your team better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)