Tournament BLT: Finals [Won by Geosenge Garchomps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
The gatr team couldn't pull through gg IvoPost and grats Garchomps.
From the spreadsheet here are the top players per tier:
Ubers: Wombology 4-1
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ 4-1
UU: Vapo 4-1
RU: soTsoT 5-0
NU: iplaytennislol 4-1
LC: jeran 4-0
Doubles: BLOOD TOTEM 3-0

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Garchomps! I've decided after my recent findings that Vapo was a bigger scrub than TheEpicBro, that they are actually equal in scrubbiness. Congrats to you both :^)

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Shoutouts are going to go primarily to the team, as these guys are the most important in the tour for me, and there's too many people to s/o.

Anto: Thank you for being a great assman, your cheerful demeanour meant a lot to the team, you stayed on top of things, and you helped the team out significantly overall. Thanks man, we really appreciate it!

AV99: Yo, if there was a consistency award, you'd win that for sure. Bringing the same team over and over, and winning most of your games, thanks for being there to help us get to the finals!

FlareonZ: Polite as fuck, great battler, and honestly made this team unforgettable. You were so important to the team with your attitude, thank you for playing with us and keeping us in the game till the end.

Genesis7: We made the right call in grabbing you, thanks for making this an awesome season with your battling success, and keep on dreaming, one day that WCOP trophy will be yours.

Slated: Great at battling, won key matches for us that aided us in getting to the finals, and provided helpful insight for all team members and was an overall pleasure to have around. Maybe one day, once the tyrannical regime of the Smogon staff comes to an end, you can finally have Slate.

Scald: Combining defining traits from everyone, you were helpful to have around, provided tips, battled with class, and stuck around and kept with us till the very end of our terrific run. I'm terrible with words, so all I can offer is a heartfelt thank you!

SupahGassy: You stayed with us till the end, picked up and learned a new tier, and brushed aside thoughts of quitting for the sake of the team. Your dedication and flexibility continuously helped out.

Valetta: Thank you for not giving up on the game, and being one of the best battlers in the tour. You were a powerhouse on the team, and generally a good teammate to have around, despite the lack of communication due to Skype issues.

Words cannot do you all justice, so thanks for being the best BLT team in the season! (An undisputed fact.)

And a final S/O to one dude...

Feliburn: Thanks for being a good fren and giving our players great practice and helping them improve, we learned a lot from the experience!

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It's been a great BLT season. Glad to come out with a win, GG awtg and co :] this was so much fun and I'm more than looking forward to hosting the next one!

Shoutouts:

Wombology: Enthusiast and consistent. I could always rely on you for a win, and you performed (up until this week but we still won so no worries). Overall a great guy and I'm glad we snagged you during drafts.

IvoPost: Really chill guy. You had a tough job playing OU, and even though you didn't win every week you still came in clutch in the earlier weeks and also helped us achieve our first win that wasn't 4-3.

soTsoT: MVP for sure. Everyone doubted you during predictions and you always proved them wrong. Only guy in the entire tournament to go 5-0, so you should be proud. Too bad you couldn't play for us for PSPL, but I'm sure you'll be a first round pick in the next BLT.

iplaytennislol: I knew of you when we drafted you, but I never really talked to you until the tour. You're an awesome dude who carried us in NU (don't know why your last opponent didn't bring max hp eviolite magneton smh). Glad to have had you on my team, and it's cool that you're part of tournaments auth now.

TerribleThomas: I know you weren't comfortable with LC and didn't have the best record but you did your best, and that's all that matters. No need to feel bad anymore because your team won, and at the end of the day it's not the individual but the team that matters.

unfixable: My man came in clutch the past two weeks. Struggled to get going at first but got his act together and scored two clutch wins in a row. Definitely couldn't have won the semis or finals without you. Hope to see you in tournaments chat sometime.

Jack Dalton: Shoutouts to you for drafting such a great team. You were a fantastic manager, and I understand you couldn't commit to tournaments anymore, but I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for the team and for me. I said I'd win the whole thing for you, and I'm sure you didn't doubt me :^). Drop by tournaments chat sometime, we miss you.

Psych: Best assman anyone could ask for. Proud of his team and overall a really cool dude. Showed a lot of spirit and gave a lot of support especially when morale was low. I hope you get involved in the next BLT!

Spydreigon: Thanks for hosting the tournament! This was a huge project and you took a lot of heat for some of the kinks but still pulled through. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to host the next one. It's an honor and I'm hoping it'll go smooth. You're a great guy, and I'm glad I get to work with you in tournaments chat and now in BLT.

petyer: My day one nigga. Shoutouts for being a bro. Shoutouts for testing teams with me whenever I needed to. Shoutouts for sending me a fucking pizza 3000 miles away. Thanks for everything man :]

Club Penguin Gang: Miss you guys (even though you think I ditched you). Hopefully I'll be able to rejoin in the future, but if I can't, just know you guys are my unironic fam <:^3c

This BLT season has been a blast. Can't wait for the next one!

Last edited:
Bit late on the bus, but I'd like to give a few shoutouts after this wonderful BLT season vs some really good players (except for Vapo)

Firstly, I'd like to thank TheEpicBro (get that namechange pls) and anto. You guys were wonderful managers and were responsible for making this a great tournament, from my eyes. You both collaborated in making a great outlet to communicate and were very friendly when talking to all of us. Getting this far couldn't have been done without you two. I believe I speak on behalf of the whole team when I say that your work the past few weeks / month has been appreciated.

Now, going onto team shoutouts, and then misc.

Genesis7: lol what do I say, you're just a really damn cool dude who is really good at OU and memes. I think without your personality in the team chats this team wouldn't have been what it was, and I'm so glad that we drafted you this BLT, it definitely paid off. All that's left now is to get the WCOP trophy, it's yours already, go grab it. :]

FlareonZ: damn you're really good at LC, "winning speed ties and other stuff blah blah blah." Your chill personality brought a lot to the table this year, and you picked up a lot of clutch wins for us which we definitely needed. You were definitely deserving of your spot on the team, and performed damn well. I hope to see you in the next BLT.

SupahGassy: I was really surprised at how well you picked up doubles despite not being too comfortable with it in the beginning of the season, and I loved your determination each and every week and not quitting because of the fact that you had to play a tier you weren't comfortable in. The story you wrote this BLT is one that I will definitely remember, and I appreciate you being on this team, it was amazing having you. :]

Valetta: I didn't get to talk to you much because of your Skype issues, but you are one hell of an Ubers player and you really helped our team out. Thank you for not quitting after the first week, and thank you for being on the team, your skill was necessary for the team's success.

AV99: I love how you brought the same team the whole tour (except for finals) and still won most of your games. You're a good player at NU and it was great having you around, and you're a pretty chill guy. Good luck in future tournaments and I hope to see you in the next BLT :]

scald: you're a real friend. it was amazing having you around giving me advice and generally just being a great person, and you're a great ru player. I definitely made a new friend in you because of this tournament, I hope to see you around more.

and finally, going to give a final shoutout to Spydreigon for hosting this tournament through thick and thin and through all the shit that you got for it. I know that the situation in the first round of playoffs was tough and stressful, and this was a huge project. Without you, the 56 participants of this tournament wouldn't have had the opportunity that they did, so thank you. :]

thanks to everyone who participated in anyway to this tournament, it was truly a great experience and I hope to participate in the next BLT.

Sorry for the lose guys but overall i'd just like to say for my first BLT it was awesome with you guys i know i always have my stressful moments and it just makes me want to break down and stop playing sometimes but that's not me i can't quit. Tried my hardest every week for you guys and i love how amazing you guys were to me and i think i made some real friends here just doing BLT I hope we can do this all together again sometime :) Great game from the Garchomps in finals but we'll be back next time to win the whole thing #AnistarAegislash2016?

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
just wanted to say, that despite the final result, you did a great job Genesis7 FlareonZ Slate. AV99 Valetta scald SupahGassy. thanks for the effort put into this :) and reminder of what Slate. said at some point: "gl, just don't feel like it's "all on you" or whatever. remember, this is just a fun tournament, it's not like it will affect your legacy on smogon whether or not your team wins BLT, but also try to win". he really hit the nail on the head with this. i know we can get mad for hax and stuff, but after all it's a game and it was hosted with the purpose of letting you guys have some fun. also, TheEpicBro thanks for picking me as your assman after you were left alone! we had a very fun time during the draft :heart:

and grats to the Garchomps! well deserved guys

Yeah, congrats chomps :) and congrats aegislashes for making it to finals too! Even if it meant knocking the huntails out ;) hope to play again with you all <3

First of all gratz to Chomps for winning you well deserve it.

Going into this tour i must say i rly felt my lack off experiance and was terrified that i would just being my team down. Seing the drafts i must admit that i did bearly know the plerys in my team existed apart from a few of them. But the longer it went and the more i saw how ppl put faith in me. Both from my own team and from predictions and just general talk. That was the biggest thing for me. I thought i was a total noname and just lucky to be here. But turned quickly into something else, Prdicted to win and actually felt like i had the upper hand in most of my matchups. From being that player that had 1 team that i could paly to now having came up with several teams that has proven to work but mostly gotten helped by some awesome ppl.

Cant name you all but i would like to send some special shoutouts to : Pikashon, Not only have we had a few talks about teams all our countless battles on the ladder has made me know so much more about playstyles/pokemon/and the lc tier in general. Macle, did not talk to you alot but i was given 2 teams early on in the tour that i used 1 off and managed to pull off a important win and it also made me get more knowledge of the tier. Sage, also supported me with a ton of teams, talk about how to improve both palystyle and teams and quite the few ladder matches (Where i mostly got beaten but still :P). And the whole lc ladder. During the whole BLT im not sure i can count how many ladder matches i have gotten in on different accounts but its enough to get ip reqs on at least 6 accounts. Perfect timing with the ladder tour aswell giving the ladder some life and alot of good ppl playing so there was never a struggle to find decent matches.

Shoutouts to my whole team. We had ups and downs but i think we showed everyone that we deserved our place in the finals and that every single one of us have amazing skills and knowledged about both pokemon in general and our specific tiers.

To awtg and Anto. The manager and assman who picked me up and gave me a shot. I hope that my preformance made you proud. Not the best record ending the tour 3-2 but still not the worst. :3 (And i rly rly hope that i will be so fortunate to be playing with or along side you futher on in any tour!!!)

To Silverwhiteblue. The first person i came in contact with here on my short time on PS. And still one of my closest buddies around. (Amazing job in the tour. And i remember how you saw me as a amazing battler that was superior to you in most tiers. I think those days have shifted now and you have proven yourself to be an rly good player! Never give up.)

To Anditeo. We had 2 battles in this tour. Sadly i did not managed to win any of them but they were still good games specially the 2d one of them. And i enjoyed them alot. Hopefully we get to play many times forward and i wont let you stay with a spotless record vs me for long.

And finally i must ask : Who is Jariibo?

PS: Dont mind my terrible spelling hope you can at least understand most of it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)