ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have been thinking of this a lot and I really like the idea of adding a Checks section to the major UU threats, such as the Nidos, Hydra, Chand, Cune, etc, because if you don't have a way to deal with them, you are pretty much done, so having a visual list of what you can use without always relying on the same mons will increase creativity when teambuilding as well as easing the proccess. I'll ask a mod for permission, hope you guys like the idea.
This has been done on the NU Compendium so I feel like it should be ok and I am all for it. Lemme offer up some suggestions for the threats (if you get permission to do so). I say Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot, Nidos, Mamo (may be a tad too early but w/e), Gatr, and even Suicune could be potential Pokemon that deserve their own "Checks" section. If you get permission, lemme know and I can help decide what mons should get a "Checks" section if you want that is lol.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
The idea has been rejected, so no checks for certain mons for now :[ Btw, removed Hippo, forgot about that.

LilOu

PO poopyhead

Added Shiftry to the compendium because it's the only freaking hazard removal that can actually beat bulky water types instead of phazing them away / taunting them. It also got a nice weapon in the form of Sucker Punch, which does come in handy and hits surprisingly good thanks to stab. Also, Knock Off.

Thanks, warzoid and burstream.

P.S: Won't add Victini unless it gets unbanned after the suspect.

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Uh, guys...we are in a crisis. I don't know what the actual fuck happened, but the compendium is messed up. Half of it just disappeared and I have no fucking idea of how was that possible. This took so much time to make and it is just gone, so if you guys have a screenshot or some sort of thing that could help me fix this shit again, that would be great. I'm on the border of suicide now.

EDIT: Well, looks like the website where key and me took most images from has taken them down, so I need to relink the stuff, but I need a list of what was there.

EDIT 2: Holy cow, looks like it is fine again, it looked like this to me and a couple friends I asked for help after I refreshed the page 1000 times and tried out different browsers and computers. Nvm then, will now make a PDF version just in case.

Last edited:
Kingdra in setup sweepers for focus energy. Critdra is awesome and can sweep if fairies and water checks are gone.

Can I just say Lilligant can go under Setup Sweepers / Quiver Dance? I've been using the thing on sun teams and it's brutal after the setup.

Shedinja is extremely niche, but it is playable if you want to make the effort to build around it. In particular, if fully supported it works nicely against opposing stall teams in UU who's most common attackers (Snorlax, Reuniclus without Shadow Ball, Florges, Nidoqueen, Aggron, x Bulky Waters) are incapable of touching it and their passive nature offers ample opportunities for hazard removers.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Was there a reason why we can't do a list of checks for threats like OU does? It will be very helpful to have one

Was there a reason why we can't do a list of checks for threats like OU does? It will be very helpful to have one
It's not that we can't, it's that nobody has done it yet. I'm pretty sure there are projects available right now, so you can make it yourself if you want.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
It's not that we can't, it's that nobody has done it yet. I'm pretty sure there are projects available right now, so you can make it yourself if you want.
I'd be willing to do it but Lilou said the request was denied (or is that for thirs thread only?)

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure we had Victim of The Week running a while back which was basically this, although it was shut down and replaced by Matchmaking.

mega camel should probably go into sr setters, been gaining a bit more popular as of late and doesn't really have much that likes to switch into it if brought in safely

xatu should be added to defensive pivots, really annoying for teams that rely on defensive mons to get up hazards and xatu forces most of them out whie keeping up momentum with u-turn

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  • Mandibuzz to stallbreakers, Taunt + Knock Off + Defog makes it really annoying to face for defensive teams!
  • Mandi to special dragon checks too, the SpD set shrugs off Draco Meteors like they're nothing lol.
  • Mega Sceptile to Water checks.
  • Rotom-H and Mega Ampharos to defensive pivots, they're pretty bulky when invested and can check top threats like bird and Entei.
  • Mega Amph to physically defensive walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)