Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

That'll just turn it into a Crystal Onix stage. On the upside, as obnoxious as some of the post-150 stages can be, they will never be as bad as Onix. Nope, not Chespin, not Froakie, not Braixen, not Quilladin, not Snorlax, not even Steelix.
IDK about that, Milotic is pretty disgusting tbh. Also, is there a guide concerning optimal mon combos for S ranks? Stage 150 onwards and I'm getting As at best, and that's with pure luck.

Last edited:
The secret to Milotic is Feebas. Also, I know I keep plugging it, but the gamefaqs board has a lot of discussion on the tactics and mechanics of this game.

IDK about that, Milotic is pretty disgusting tbh. Also, is there a guide concerning optimal mon combos for S ranks? Stage 150 onwards and I'm getting As at best, and that's with pure luck.
There's quite a few mons who are easiest to S-Rank with certain mons caught.
- Milotic wants Feebas
- Shelgon wants itself
- Granbull does best with himself
- Bannette is a joke with him on your team
- Froakie is easiest with Tropius if you have him (use Eject)
- Braxien needs Keldeo's Block Bash (or else Blastoise/Milotic's Stabilize is your next best).

Other than that, most of my S-Ranks were from item bribery. I'm waiting for some Decent Megas to use against Steelix before I even bother trying that again, and I still need Mewtwo for Timburr.

- Braxien needs Keldeo's Block Bash (or else Blastoise/Milotic's Stabilize is your next best).

Other than that, most of my S-Ranks were from item bribery. I'm waiting for some Decent Megas to use against Steelix before I even bother trying that again, and I still need Mewtwo for Timburr.
Floatzel also uses Block Bash. And you don't need Mewtwo to S-Rank Timburr. I didn't catch Mewtwo until right before the Lucarionite event, and I specifically remember S-ranking Timburr on my first attempt with an Optimize team.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Floatzel also uses Block Bash. And you don't need Mewtwo to S-Rank Timburr. I didn't catch Mewtwo until right before the Lucarionite event, and I specifically remember S-ranking Timburr on my first attempt with an Optimize team.
That's incorrect, floatzel has stabilize not block bash. Currently the only non-metal types to have the block bash ability are Ninetales, Keldeo, Smeargle (lol) and Timburr.

Now that I have beaten mega mewtwo I now know the horrors of Onix, and what it feels like to find a copy of the coding for that level, put it onto an SD card and then set it on fire while making a pentagram out of brim stone to send it back to the pits of hell from whence it came.
Wait, so you actually hacked the coding for that level? Is that even possible?

Or by "set it on fire while making a pentagram out of brimstone to send it back to the pits of hell from whence it came" do you mean you basically payed for every useful option, and kept chucking Great Balls until the damned thing acquiesced?

Wait, so you actually hacked the coding for that level? Is that even possible?

Or by "set it on fire while making a pentagram out of brimstone to send it back to the pits of hell from whence it came" do you mean you basically payed for every useful option, and kept chucking Great Balls until the damned thing acquiesced?
No, I meant to type "download the coding for that level via the internet and put onto an sd card..."
Also I refuse to spend items on that level, I will keep level grinding ampharos to get my stunfisk, swampert, and shaymin to max level until I can beat Satan rock serpent.

So any ideas on s ranking Raichu (suppose I'm as far as that stage?)
This is the one with the pikachu and pichu frozen in 3 columns? I believe that the solution to that level was merely using mega kenga to free up the columns, and you know, actually make it possible to get more than 1-2 matches per move. I tried it once, on a whim and instantly s ranked the shit out of it.

The "strategy" for Raichu is using a bunch of ground-types and buy +5 Moves. Or a team of electrics so that they combo endlessly with the ones in the stage (and +5 Moves, too).

The "strategy" for Raichu is using a bunch of ground-types and buy +5 Moves. Or a team of electrics so that they combo endlessly with the ones in the stage (and +5 Moves, too).
This is the one with the pikachu and pichu frozen in 3 columns? I believe that the solution to that level was merely using mega kenga to free up the columns, and you know, actually make it possible to get more than 1-2 matches per move. I tried it once, on a whim and instantly s ranked the shit out of it.
I was barely able to use 2 ground types and I still beat the level with mega kenga as you can see in this post.
I did not use any items etc, the level is extremely easy with it, to the point where I think my highest leveled at the time was 4-5. I am willing to do this again on video with my lvl 6 mega kenga and some crappy neutral pokemon right now, just to prove it.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Btw beating the shaymin stage again awarded me another 1000 coins (credits to serebii for the info), so it's a ncie chance to hoard some easy coins

I ....I caved in today and I spent items on onix, I only got disruption delay, mega start and +5 moves. So it didn't cost me the full 14k, only 4.5k.

My team was this.
Mega lucario max level
Marrowwack max level
Keldeo lvl 9 (could have been substituted for kyogre for more power)
Shaymin lvl 6 (could've been substituted for groudon for even more power)

Keldeo and shaymin were next to wasted here because there were no disruptions to delay (via shaymin) or unbreakable blocks to remove, so only more power would have really mattered because I used disruption delay.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
After 55 hours of playtime, 211 stages cleared, and 228 Pokémon caught, I still haven't used up any gems. (I have 22 left, by the way.) Just felt like sharing that.

I wasted most of my gems on hearts because I was 1) impatient to make progress without having to wait for so long when I started out, 2) afraid the original Lucarionite competition would be over before I could get a competitive enough team to get a high score. The home exploit let me get the mega stone even with a subpar team however.

I ....I caved in today and I spent items on onix, I only got disruption delay, mega start and +5 moves. So it didn't cost me the full 14k, only 4.5k.

My team was this.
Mega lucario max level
Marrowwack max level
Keldeo lvl 9 (could have been substituted for kyogre for more power)
Shaymin lvl 6 (could've been substituted for groudon for even more power)

Keldeo and shaymin were next to wasted here because there were no disruptions to delay (via shaymin) or unbreakable blocks to remove, so only more power would have really mattered because I used disruption delay.
Wait, an S-Rank clear I assume? How close of a margin was this? As in, do you think you needed the items AND got lucky, or the items were enough?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
After 55 hours of playtime, 211 stages cleared, and 228 Pokémon caught, I still haven't used up any gems. (I have 22 left, by the way.) Just felt like sharing that.
I used mine on the pack that awarded you the most coins way back for the mega blastoise competition, after that I learned to to grind coins on my own and haven't used gems ever since :p

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
We're on smogon of course we care about aesthetics (ribbons, special pokeballs, shinies, untouched jewels / EVs, etc)

We're on smogon of course we care about aesthetics (ribbons, special pokeballs, shinies, untouched jewels / EVs, etc)
Thought so! I now feel stupid that I didn't save them up. Especially since I've only used them on stupid shit due me being impatient..

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well my reasoning was that coins were more valuable since those could be spent either on S-Ranking / Great Balls or Buying Exp-Boost which are like the only permanent investments on this game.

Wait, an S-Rank clear I assume? How close of a margin was this? As in, do you think you needed the items AND got lucky, or the items were enough?
I got S rank of course and I think I had either 9 or 10 moves left. Also it was NOT luck, it was the sheer numbers adding up from no stupid ass disruptions and mega lucario dealing 702 damage every time I made it clear three rows of pokemon at once.

So there was a 1.2 update (separates earned hearts from the timer ones) and I updated to 1.2.1, now my check in's busted. Anyone else having this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)