The World Cup of Pokémon X - Format [Read post #265]

Status
Not open for further replies.
however, i see no problem in adding rby/gsc to the tournament. how can there only be 3 players of each tier if we've had at least 10 of them playing for spl? that excluding farm league / bench players too. obviously there are going to be skill gaps no matter what the format is. additionally, i'd argue RBY is a relatively easy tier to learn. look at people like KratosMana who started playing in BW, picked RBY in 2 weeks and went undefeated in the spl
Yeah 7 of these 10 gscers were mediocre, and 10/10 of those gscers i can tell you didnt come from afrabs and im sure many other teams. Most teams wont have a seasoned gscer/rbyer. Thats the thing about picking up rby. Its easy to learn because its not fun and it doesnt take skill, and most players dont want to play it. As for the bw decision i think that it lowers the prestige of wcop because they think wcop is a tournament you can expirement a metagame in. But im not getting into that cause i dont really care. What i do care about though, is how decisions are being made without asking the opinion of the managers and players that are competing. I really hope the format is reconsidered and the votes of the managers decide the format.

Last edited:
if the usa east captain, the metro captain, the afrabs captain dont want rby and gsc ou.. Then maybe it really is just m dragon? We got a problem here. and thats just each captain that posted here. Pretty sure that besides spain, germany and brazil no one wants gsc ou and rby.

Last edited:
You said you wouldn't post / comment anymore since 2009. You're stuck here for life with no trophy, mate.
Yes and you've been here longer than i have, and you will be here longer than i have and you still wont have a trophy. Im just glad i have you more obessed with me than anything else in this forum. Youve even been bringing my name up when i was banned for 3 months. Glad i can be the peak of your career. Sadly my post lacks flavour due to restrictions from the admins, and i wont be able to respond to the next time you bring my name up to stay relevant ;]

I think it should just be all ORAS. All current OU is how it used to be, and I don't see why it should change. We have spl and classic and tour, I think old gens get enough rep. Doing an arbitrary amount of old gens seems very random, but including GSC and RBY does create problems. Ik everyone hates oras (mostly out of circle jerk new things are bad mentality), but it really isn't a bad tier, and will be especially decent once lando i is gone (we can pray). All tiers have their flaws anyways. Ik this won't be popular because everyone loves their old gens and doesn't want to learn new shit, but all ORAS really does make the most sense, and also I think is the coolest in terms of team unity and teamwork in building, as well as discovering new talent as more new players are needed.

if the usa east captain, the metro captain, the afrabs captain dont want rby and gsc ou.. Then maybe it really is just m dragon? We got a problem here. and thats just each captain that posted here. Pretty sure that besides spain, germany and brazil no one wants gsc ou and rby.
Hi, captain here. I want RBY and GSC. In case you wanted to know

I disagree with your argument that these tiers just benefit a few teams. OK. Isn't that the whole World Cup? Some teams just have better players, regardless of which tiers are used. The WCOP isn't fair with player distribution like SPL is, that's how it's always been. Why do you think Oceania won several WCoPs in a row, and East got 3 finals in a row (iirc).

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I really want nothing further to do with WCoP but jesus man these two sentences next to each other hurt my eyes.
YO I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE I DID THAT LMAO

Im the king.

What I meant is tho - the TD's want to play older tiers and thus bring them into every tournament. Just leave WCoP alone, there are plenty of tournaments with older gen tiers.

Hue.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
YO I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE I DID THAT LMAO

Im the king.

What I meant is tho - the TD's want to play older tiers and thus bring them into every tournament. Just leave WCoP alone, there are plenty of tournaments with older gen tiers.

Hue.
Yeah I figured you didn't mean it that way but it just looked hilarious like that lol

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
This tournament has always been kind of a gimmick anyway. I mean 90% of the people on here live in either the USA or an inferior USA (Canada), yet they all pretend like they're living elsewhere and pretend like they're showing national pride or some crap like that. Masterclass lives in NYC and operates a falafel truck for a living, yet he claims to live in Africa or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)