The wine bar is back with shinies AND spitbacks [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, please may I have the Jungle Pattern Vivillon? Haven't got that pattern yet and it looks really good as a shiny.

As for the book, that's a challenge as I've read so many that it's really hard to find new ones to read from my local library but if pushed I'd have to say an autobiography by Peter Gurney called Braver Men Walk Away about his time as a bomb disposal expert. One of the best autobiography's I've ever read, really well written and every time I borrow it (four times so far) the same scene has had me in stitches imagining the sight of a homemade rocket shooting a bicycle across Salisbury Plains.

Have deposited a female lev10 Magikarp with the message "Jungle Hare" with IGN Marill. Thank you very much :)

EDIT: Magikarp sniped (why?), will upload a new one and add details when you're online.
EDIT2: New Magikarp is female lev10 with same message & IGN. Sorry for messing you around.

Last edited:
Hi, may I adopt the shiny shinx please?
The book I'm presenting is The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis. I first picked this book up when i was in 5th grade and grew very connected to it. The book talks about a young Afghanistan girl who has to find money to support her family in times of war. The reason this book is important to me is because it opened my eyes to the real world we live in, it taught me to be sympathetic to others and even a young girl can make a difference.
I have deposited a female magikarp that is level 15 with the nickname SPLISH. Thanks very much :)

I love bomb disposal stories, you can't go wrong telling stories about things that explode. I couldn't find your Magikarp - I see you edited this at my 5am earlier, which I assume you did because I was online then. Sometimes I come online when I wake up to make myself sit up but I don't open my 3DS until 7 at earliest lol. If it got sniped, put up what you got.

Sounds pretentious. jk I just don't like war stories. All the ones I read as a kid were pretty pretentious. Couldn't find your Magikarp, if it was sniped, put up what you got.

Can't comment on this, I'm not American. Couldn't find this either, put up what you got if it was sniped.

PS. Just in case you guys didn't notice, it's a Scatterbug, so don't ask for a Vivillon.

I love bomb disposal stories, you can't go wrong telling stories about things that explode. I couldn't find your Magikarp - I see you edited this at my 5am earlier, which I assume you did because I was online then. Sometimes I come online when I wake up to make myself sit up but I don't open my 3DS until 7 at earliest lol. If it got sniped, put up what you got.
Don't normally read autobiographies at all but this one just grabbed my attention. Anyway I've just put up another lev10 female Magikarp asking for the Scatterbug with the same message. Btw sorry for the 5am edit, I miscalculated the timezones.

EDIT: Safely received and thanks very much :)

Last edited:
Don't normally read autobiographies at all but this one just grabbed my attention. Anyway I've just put up another lev10 female Magikarp asking for the Scatterbug with the same message. Btw sorry for the 5am edit, I miscalculated the timezones.
Oh it's okay, I'm just letting you know so you don't think of that as a safe time to trade with me in future. Sent the Scatterbug.

I found Texas by James A. Michener to be an interesting read due to how the book focused on so many characters across many different generations.
Unfortunately I can't remember much else since it was over 6 years ago that I read it.

Deposited a level 35 female Magikarp with the message rufusdrumknott.
Could I please get a shiny Buneary?
IGN: May
Thanks for the giveaway.

Hello, I deposited a lvl 25 male magikarp with the msg rufusdrumknott. If I could please get the talonflame if that is still available.

An interesting book I've read recently is by Jim Butcher author of the Dresden Files. I would would actually recommend the whole series for fans of sci-fi. His latest offering is titled Skin Game. Without giving any spoilers I can say what interested me in this book and the series as a whole, is that he draws from very many different mythologies to craft his universe. You can have vampires, greek gods, norse gods, zombies, etc. It may sound gimmicky at first, but I believe its well done.

Anyway thanks for the giveaway,

My IGN is Bobby

I'm not usually into sci-fi, but that sounds interesting since I do like fantasy. I always hear this author's name, although not much else so I guess it's time to check him out haha. I found your Magikarp, but I made a mistake - the Talonflame is actually level 57, not level 50. Sorry for the confusion, I'll send it as soon as you can modify the GTS request.

Sent

I've modified the request. Also I just remembered that he also wrote a series called the Furies of Calderon. Fun fact, he wrote it based on a bet from a friend that he couldn't write a good novel series that crossed elements of Pokemon and the Roman Legion. He starts out a little slow in his novels but as you follow the series (both Furies and Dresden) you can see him mature as a writer.

Also thanks again!

I would please like one of the shiny Marill please, deposited a female level 10 Magikarp with the message rufusdrumknott, for the trade female Marill level 1-10.
*EDITED BOOK* Because it has been forever since I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, i'm going for a newer book I read. Nest, by Esther Ehrlich, is a wonderful book about a girl whose mother undergoes an illness that prevents her from her career, a dancer. When Chirp's (Chirp is her nickname.) mother's depression gets worse, she finds comfort in her neighbor who she thought was just a bad boy, but is really just struggling with an abusive father. When her mother commits suicide, she and the boy run off to another town for a day. This book nearly had me in tears, and is one of my favorite realistic fictions.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hello Rufus! ^^

May I please reserve a copy of Dearheart the Shiny Togepi? He'd be perfect for a VGC team I'm currently working on, now that I've got a N3DS. I'm currently out of town until tomorrow night, but I should hopefully be able to access WiFi sometime tomorrow afternoon around 1 PM or so (GMT -5), so I can deposit the Magikarp then.

As for an interesting book, I have to admit that I'm not much of a bookworm. However, for one of my argumentative writing courses I took last semester, we had to read a book called My Sister's Keeper, written by Jodi Picoult. The story is about a teen named Anna, who sues her parents for emancipation because they want her to donate a kidney to her sister, Kate, who's suffering from Leukemia. The book is quite interesting since it touches on the ethics and morality of savior siblings and genetically modified "designer babies" (Anna was a designer baby conceived for the purpose of being a donor to treat Kate). Another thing about the book that I found quite interesting is how the chapters are structured. Each chapter tells part of the story from one of the character's perspective; one chapter could be from Anna's perspective, while the next chapter could be from Kate's perspective, for example. It's pretty interesting to see the story from various points of view, especially considering the theme of the story.

Hello! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but the forums were down yesterday. Just let me know when you put up a Magikarp and I'll send the Togepi. I also have this Togekiss, just in case it's the spread you're looking for:

#468. Togekiss @ Lum Berry (lv. 91+ idr exactly)
♂ | Nicknamed 'Dearheart' | Hatched in Mossdeep City
Bold Nature | Serene Grace | 31.xx.31.31.31.31
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk
Roost | Nasty Plot | Dazzling Gleam | Air Slash
OT: Sepiolith | ID: 25803
Egg Moves: Charm, Stored Power, Morning Sun

I've heard of My Sister's Keeper, of course. Not something I'm particularly interested in though, I'm not really into books that start out on a heavy premise like that.

I put something new up. xD and I wanted to redo the book thing. I just checked though, and the Magikarp is still there. I double checked, definitely level 10 and female. Maybe you missed it?

I did not miss it. By the time I finished adding filters, there was only one Magikarp left fitting my criteria, and it was asking for a Ditto. By put something new up, did you mean you put up another Magikarp that is exactly the same or what? :/ This is your last chance to make yourself clear.

Okay, I hopefully got it right this time. No, I didn't catch a new one, I thought you were referring to the post itself. I'm catching a different one this time. The new Magikarp is a male level 5 one. Same message as always, it is rufusdrumknott. I found the problem though. I checked the Marill again, and I see now that they are Male. I was asking for female... I'm really sorry for the trouble, but I fixed that with the new one.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hello! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but the forums were down yesterday. Just let me know when you put up a Magikarp and I'll send the Togepi. I also have this Togekiss, just in case it's the spread you're looking for:

#468. Togekiss @ Lum Berry (lv. 91+ idr exactly)
♂ | Nicknamed 'Dearheart' | Hatched in Mossdeep City
Bold Nature | Serene Grace | 31.xx.31.31.31.31
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk
Roost | Nasty Plot | Dazzling Gleam | Air Slash
OT: Sepiolith | ID: 25803
Egg Moves: Charm, Stored Power, Morning Sun

I've heard of My Sister's Keeper, of course. Not something I'm particularly interested in though, I'm not really into books that start out on a heavy premise like that.
Yeah the forums have been down all day for me; I would've uploaded earlier, but I'd figured the Magikarp would've been sniped by the time I could leave a message here. lol

Yeah, the premise is definitely a love/hate thing. I kinda expected that I would hate the book when I was assigned it, but I found it to be an interesting read since our modern society is treading on a fine line of ethics when it comes to medical technology.

Depositing a Lv 10 Male Magikarp with the msg "Rufusdrumknott". IGN is Joe. I'll take the UT version (for follow me shenanigans), if they're still available?

Thanks in advance! The Magikarp also has an item for you, assuming no fish-nappers run off with it. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)