Other Metagame of the Month Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Linked.

... I would vote for metagamiate but FU was voted in too close to now in my timeline.
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Alright, I apologise in advanced, I know that most of my OM posts are not of standard, and are more or less shitposts. It may not seem like I take OMOTM seriously (I don't take my vote seriously) but I really do. I was actually interested in linked. I usually never play mons, and I was generally interested in this metagame. But after seeing some of the shit that has happened, I will not vote for this metagame. I have reasoning to my hypocrisy.

Maybe next month when this has died, but if the OMOTM is linked, then that will practically just let some of the shit go unheard. If you genuinely like a metagame, be an advocate for why it is good. Don't go to dirty politicss and attack the other meta, let alone the other people. How the fuck can you look at me, and say that you want to take someone's life just because they like a different metagame then you? You may say "I just said those words, I didn't mean them." If you either want to say that to me, or was thinking that while reading the previous sentence, it's difficult to know someone's intentions over text.

I was going to say this is almost the same reason that CH was deleted from ladder, but then I realized, it's not almost, it fucking is the same exact reason why CH was deleted. It was deleted because users who advocated for the ladder attacked BH and made a politicalstatement off of CH. The Dirty Politics metaphor can pretty much relate to my whole essay basically. It wasn't that people didn't like CH itself, it was because of the people of CH. If you want proof, I can pull up that stupid petition that someone here made to bring back CH. Not all of the people who made/signed that petition are involved here, but a hefty some most likely are.

The last thing I really wanted to address, if you really did make it this far into my rant, is that stupid fucking movement of "Real Other Metagame Community" or some shit, how ever the fuck you put it. Are you guys seriously that daft that from one minute you can be complaining in chat about how nobody is on your ladder, and then the next, complain when people are voting for an OMOTM that you don't agree with? Sure, maybe some will only be here to vote FU, but let's making a scenario here. We have users here who vote for FU, and then think spontaneously, "Hey the people in the OM are nice and welcoming, maybe I should check them out." That guy then gets involved in the community, and possibly bring his friends. This man/woman gets involved with our community, and is truly apart of this community from here on. There ya go. Will this thing happen? Probably, probably not. Probably won't happen at all because of how some of you treated these people. Not all, some. But thos some caused enough damage to make the whole community look white-washed. You guys sound like fucking aryans, it's that bad.

Now, I want to apologise to two different communities.
  • To the PU/FU community, I apologise for the way some of you have been treated. This was not right, it's not who we are. I spoke to quite a few of you when you guys signed up for MPL, and many, if not all seemed like genuine people.
  • To those in the OM community. I'm sorry for in this post grouping everyone of you together in some instances. I tried to remove all instances of me doing this out, some may have stayed in, but I won't go editing my entire post to make my point seem better. But I thank those who genuinely try to include other communities into the OMs, or at least are inclusive for others. Your one action actually means a lot.
Now, so this total post is not a waste. I want to vote for Mix and Mega. I Was told by Deathly this tier was in third, I believe it is fitting. I am not voting for Linked, reasoning was prior. Yet I am not voting for FU, at least this month., I won't be hypocritical now. I don't want to give FU leverage. I want it to win, yet it is not in my place to vote for it just to spite those in Linked. Thank you, and have a nice day
B-but Betahousing; your initials are BH ;~; also, Neutrality FTW

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Linked :O

I wont be here like the entirety of June so I'd really hate to miss the FU ladder AGAIN and not be able to help run shit. I'm already pissed enough about missing most of PUPL.

Also don't start this dumb drama lol. When FU won in January the drama was so bad I actually got death threats .-. I just don't understand why anytime FU is involved with anything it starts this all out war between the community. It's just a game remember guys ;_;

Linked

The real om community is tired of these usage tier OMs. The whole point of OMs is to play something different.
What are you implying? That everyone who votes for FU is not part of the REAL OM community? If the community was so fucking tired of these usage based tiers, then I find quite ironic that the FU ladder was one of the most popular OM ladders to ever be put on PS. It's posts like these that kept me away from this community for so long.

Last edited:
FU

lol can people stop getting so worked up, the drama that's coming from voting for a meta is unbelievable (death threats, really?). Just suck it up have fun with whichever meta goes up. There's no "true OM community", people are just voting for what they like and that's end of story.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
lol can people stop getting so worked up, the drama that's coming from voting for a meta is unbelievable (death threats, really?). Just suck it up have fun with whichever meta goes up. There's no "true OM community", people are just voting for what they like and that's end of story.
Rules and regulation thread's OP said:
This is where you will find lots of interesting, unique games to play that are outside the bounds of standard tiers.
The primary reason people are being worked up, I believe, is due to this line, right here. People come to OMs not for basically NU 2.0 or 3.0, but for metagames that are outside the bounds of standard tiers. Metagames such as STABmons, Almost Any Ability, Metagamiate, and Balanced Hackmons, which are far different from OU, Ubers, and NU. PU and FU seem like basically NU 2.0/3.0, which are basically standard tiers. People do vote for what they like, and I completely understand that, but don't you think that a majority of the people, the "true OM community" that these people are talking about, ARE these people? The ones that want to deviate from standard tiers, and experience new ideas? This is why people are voting for Linked purely out of spite or other reasons; they want to experience the new ideas, and not just the same-old deal that you can get just by playing something like OU or NU but with less used Pokemon.

With that being said I'm voting for Linked, because I am one of these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)