ORAS UU Jolteon in UU

What's up everybody

And welcome to another RMT of mine, this time the UU Tier. Actually, I tried to test one of my all-time favourites, Jolteon, one tier higher, namely UU. This team I got is the result. I would like you to watch out and keep in mind that this team is built around Jolteon, so while rating, please only replace Jolteon if it is really necessary. Also, feel free to replace some of the UU mons with lower tier pokemon, if you think it is OK. But now, let's get to the team:

At a glance

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Jolteon is the pokemon that my team is built around, as I said. Expert Belt allows me to hit hard while still being able to switch moves and catch the opponent off guard, when he thinks that I am choice specs. The moves are everything that Jolteon's movepool allows, Thunderbolt as a spammable STAB, Volt Switch lets me keep momentum, HP Ice for Ground and Grass Coverage and Shadow Ball, because it is the only option and helps against some opponents. The EV Split is standart for a special sweeper, 252 in Speed and a Timid nature for being as fast as possible and 252 in Special Attack for hitting as hard as possible.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

I wanted to have Stealth Rocks on my opponent's side of the field, so I needed a good lead. Azelf brings Rocks as well as Taunt for stopping other Leads or Setups. Plus, it has a nice Ground Immunity, which covers Jolteon's only weekness. U-Turn is for building a VoltTurn-Core with Jolteon, while Fire Blast hits opposing walls such as Forretress, Bronzong and Mega Aggron. I chose the offensive EV Spread, because Azelf defenses are pathetic and it has a Focus Sash either way.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Scarfed Hydreigon is for countering Chandelure, Haxorus and Salamence, outspeeding the first two even if they are scarfed as well. Draco Meteor is a strong STAB move, but I have to switch out after it since it harshly lowers my Special Attack. Dark Pulse is a second STAB that can make the target flinch, too, while Flash Cannon hits fairies on the switch-in. U-Turn is for keeping momentum and building a super fast VoltTurn-Core with Jolteon.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Nidoking gives my team even more offensive presence. The life orb set has a great coverage and makes a huge benefit put of the Sheer Force ability. The EV-Split is standart for a special sweeper. 252 in Special Attack make it hit harder with one of its moves: Earth Power and Sludge Wave as strong STAB moves, Flamethrower for Ferroseed and Forretress, while i chose Ice Beam to hit Flying-Types attempting to switch into Earth Power.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

I wanted a hard-hitting fighting type that can switch into status moves, so banded Heracross came into my team. It has two powerful STAB moves in Close Combat and Megahorn, while Knock Off supports the team as well as it hits Ghost types. Stone Edge is for even more coverage, and against predicted switchins of Flying types. A description for the EV Split will follow. Thanks to OG_Wanka for the suggestion!

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm

I don't have a mega-pokemon yet, and my team lacks of grass coverage, so I chose Sceptile to be my mega. This gives me even another electric immunity. Sceptile should do nothing else than attack or scare bulky waters out. So I put four damaging moves onto it, with Giga Drain as a STAB and for Recovery, and Dragon Pulse as dragon STAB once it has mega evolved. Focus Blast is the obvious Steel coveragy, while Leaf Storm is the non-spammable STAB move, but OHKOing Mega Blastoise.​

This is pretty much my team. I hope you enjoy rating and give me some tips and suggestions. Thank you in advance! Scroll down if you want to test the team on Showdown! Current threats for the team is DDance Haxorus, which can set up when I'm locked into TBolt with Jolteon, as well as Chandelure, for who I don't have a safe switch-in.
jurassicscream

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Heracross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sup dude pretty interesting hyper offense looking team you built. To start off with your lead azelf, Fire Blast > Zen headbutt on azelf as it allows you to hit opposing teams who like to lead there forretress. It also hits bulky steel types like mega aggron and bronzong that would completely wall your azelf otherwise. The other change I would make would probably be Banded Hera > Banded machamp. Heracross outclasses Machamp as a powerhouse guts mon in every way. With access to two base 120 power moves in close combat and megahorn along with it being decently fast, I strongly suggest slapping a heracross on your team over that machamp.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Other than that goodluck with your team.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello jurassicscream !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Reopened!

Last edited:
Hi OG_Wanka
and thanks for your reply. Are you sure about fire blast over zen headbutt? Because I can stop Forretress completely with taunt and force a switch, while against other steels I would simply U-Turn out. Without the Psychic STAB, Azelf is lacking extra offensive power, isn't it. And, when using Fire Blast, how would the EV Split change?
However, I edited your suggestion with Heracross>Machamp. Could you please tell me why it has exactly this EV-Split?

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hi OG_Wanka
and thanks for your reply. Are you sure about fire blast over zen headbutt? Because I can stop Forretress completely with taunt and force a switch, while against other steels I would simply U-Turn out. Without the Psychic STAB, Azelf is lacking extra offensive power, isn't it. And, when using Fire Blast, how would the EV Split change?
However, I edited your suggestion with Heracross>Machamp. Could you please tell me why it has exactly this EV-Split?
Since you are a lead set you wont be as worried about doing as much damage to opposing teams with your azelf. Its job is simple, get up rocks, prevent them, and kinda just die so you can gain momentum with your other offensive threats and start smacking teams. And the thing with fire blast is that since you wont be doing much wall breaking with azelf, you might as well run a move like fire blast to take down walls like forretress, aggron, and bronzong to eliminate your opponents wall with a semi surprise factor. As for the evs I guess you could switch them and put 252 special attack in as you dont need investment for u turn as it really only acts as a momentum grabber.

This is a nice team the only thing I don't like is scrafty its adding too many weaknesses to your team. Not having sucker punch makes psychic types like Alakazam and espeon have a field day with you being able to take out 3 of ur mons. I suggest some other dark type like Krookodile( or something else entirely.) Scraftys dark fighting type makes it very vulnerable, just saying.

Hi and thanks for your reply.
Could you tell me an exact suggestion, not only the pokemon? I would appreciate it :)
Other than that, i noticed while playing that I have a problem against florges. Does anybody have any suggestions for that?

Grand Salad God

Banned deucer.
Hmm...I agree with Mega NO Body, Scrafty is not the best dark type in UU and not the best Bulk Up user. If you have trouble with Florges, Life Orb Nidoking easily beats it. If I were you I would change Scrafty to:

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt (this could break a defensive Florges)
- Pursuit/Superpower

Personally, Krookodile is a better dark type and can break physical walls Nidoking cannot. Also is not 4x weak to Fairy like Scrafty, plus you already have a much better fighting type in Heracross. Also, ground type coverage is quite helpful on pretty much any team.

Or you could use hydreigon but this makes too much special offense on your team...

Hello and thanks for your reply and helping me still improving this team.
I will apply your suggestions (Krookodile and LO Nidoking).
My thought now is: I lack a scarfer now and have no speed control. Does this really matter? If yes, how can I fix that?

Hello and thanks for your reply and helping me still improving this team.
I will apply your suggestions (Krookodile and LO Nidoking).
My thought now is: I lack a scarfer now and have no speed control. Does this really matter? If yes, how can I fix that?
Hey Jurassic, I think you should get a scarfer on your team because looking at it, Choice Scarf Moxie Salamence cleans it up mid/late game. Your team lacks a lot of bulk and is mostly a HO setup so to counter Salamence I suggest you run Choice Scarf > Expert Belt on Jolteon and you can change its nature to Modest. Yes this will stop Jolteon from switching moves, but it allows you to keep up your offensive pressure and momentum, as well as having a reliable revenge killer for Salamence when it is locked in on Outrage. The Modest nature will give you the maximum damage output on top of that without hurting Jolteon that much due to its already blistering speed.

Good Luck with your team!

Last edited:
Hey Jurassic, I think you should get a scarfer on your team because looking at it, Choice Scarf Moxie Salamence cleans it up mid/late game. Your team lacks a lot of bulk and is mostly a HO setup so to counter Salamence I suggest you run Choice Scarf > Expert Belt on Jolteon and you can change its nature to Modest. Yes this will stop Jolteon from switching moves, but it allows you to keep up your offensive pressure and momentum, as well as having a reliable revenge killer for Salamence when it is locked in on Outrage. The Modest nature will give you the maximum damage output on top of that without hurting Jolteon that much due to its already blistering speed.

Good Luck with your team!
Choice Scarf on a base 130 Speed Pokemon sounds funny, but I will give it a try. No pokemon in the tier will be able to outspeed me, so let's see if this works. Thanks for your suggestion!
The current threats are DDance Haxorus and Chandelure, they destroy my team because I have nothing for them. Any suggestions how to handle them?

Last edited:

Grand Salad God

Banned deucer.
Chandelure tend to run Choice Scarf. I suppose you could change Krook to the scarfer as it outspeeds chandy, and maybe since u have a scarfer, and a way to handle Florges, you could make Jolteon E-Belt or LO.
BTW, Choice Scarf Krook looks like this:

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit/Crunch

Alternatively, Hydreigon seems even better now as it easily dispatches Haxorus and Chandelure! I'm not sure where Hydreigon would go tho.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast/Fire Blast
-U-turn

Choice Scarf Hydreigon seems like a nice idea to me, thanks for your suggestions! I will run it over Krookodile, so the fairy weakness doesn't get to big. I will test the team in the current form and post again if I find any problems.
Other than that, feel free to continue rating and making suggestions!

I will post some in the course of the day, thank you for helping!
Other than that, my team is way too specially offensive, with Heracross being the only physical pokemon. Plus, I am weak against heavy stall such as Umbreon with Wish and Protect. Other threats are RestTalk-Suicune and Slurpuff once it has set up. Any suggestions on that?

Edit: Replaced Focus Blast on Hydreigon for Flash Cannon to hit Fairy types, replaced Surf on Nidoking with Ice Beam

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First off I'd suggest changing the U-turn on Azelf to Explosion. This allows Azelf to successfully function as a suicide lead by ensuring the opposing player is unable to remove Stealth Rock. Azelf is also not going to be getting the chance to U-turn most of the time since, as a suicide lead, it prefers just staying in and fulfilling its job. Looking at your team, you have enough for Forretress as is so I recommend changing HP Fire on Sceptile to Leaf Storm or Substitute. Leaf Storm allows you to have immediate power and bop most Pokemon, allowing you to straight up OHKO Mega Blastoise for example, whereas Substitute allows you to take advantage of free turns Sceptile provides. I'm going to suggest Nidoqueen over Nidoking. Nidoqueen is bulkier, allowing you to have an alternative switch-in to Choice Scarf Mienshao, which is otherwise quite a big threat to your team as your only High Jump Kick switch-in is Heracross. I see Jolteon's nature being Modest, which I would recommend to change to Timid as it allows you to outspeed threats, such as the common Crobat variants, as well as Sceptile pre-Mega Evolution. I would also recommend changing Naive on Hydreigon to Timid. U-turn isn't supposed to do damage anyways, so there is no need to sacrifice Hydreigon's special bulk for it.

Tl;dr

Azelf: U-turn to Explosion
Sceptile: HP Fire to Leaf Storm / Substitute
Nidoking to Nidoqueen
Jolteon: Modest to Timid
Hydreigon: Naive to Timid

Hi and thanks for your reply!
For your suggestion on Azelf, I would prefer to keep U-Turn, since Explosion isn't as good as in Gen 5 anymore (doesn't halve your opponent's defense stat before use) and U-Turn is awesome for keeping momentum against other Azelfs using taunt and more. While playing, it often came in handy, so I will keep it unless it turns out to be worse in the future.
HP Fire on Sceptile was always nice for Forretress who attempted to switch in, but I see your point, so I will do some battles using Leaf Storm (Mega Blastoise annoys me)
You are right with the Mienshao Switchin, so I will now use Nidoqueen. Could you suggest a set or should I just keep the same as Nidoking?
The nature modifications on Jolteon and Hydreigon are understandable, for Jolteon, I only forgot to update it from the Choice Scarf Set it once had.

Still, my team is too specially offensive, I think. Does somebody have a suggestion on that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)