ORAS OU ORAS OU HO GarchCraw (Peaked 1500's)

Who is better on this team, Rotom-W Or Raikou?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Team at a glance:

INTRODUCTION:
Hello guys, welcome to my first posting on smogon :).
Today, I have an amazing ORAS OU HO team that I think needs to be shared. I would appreciate your help and support to make this team perform even better / just rate the team. Thank you! Anyway, moving on to the team. I made this team for a new user on showdown, and It is really amazing so I decided hell why not get it into a RMT?

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
Credit to TNT for the change!
OLD MEMBER ; CREDIT TO TNT
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

I decided to use Garchomp because he is an excellent lead to HO teams with its capability of setting up rocks in the face of almost any user. Swords Dance can set up on Rotom-w with lum berry healing you from the will-o-wisp. It then allows you to become dangerous threat to alot of mons, Outrage 2HKO's almost everything after a Swords Dance. Earthquake OHKO some mons that are weak to it at a +2 Swords dance. He is a reliable mon, and definitely a good SR setter for HO.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

I decided to use Crawdaunt because he nukes everything with knock off because it gains access to an ability called Adaptability, its STAB moves are x2 instead of x1.5 and he is really underrated in the oras ou metagame. With one Swords Dance, any team that is not prepared can be nuked by a combination of Knock Off, Aquajet and Crabhammer. He is the breaker of this team, once its checks are removed it can ALSO proceed to sweep with EASE. He is a powerfull wallbreaker, breaking up everyting for Mega-Alakazam and also can be used as a early/mid-game sweeper.

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 8896 HP / 252 SpA / 168160 Spe (SPECIAL THANKS TO m00ns) <3
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

I decided to use Manaphy because I was quite weak against stall and tail glow rekts all skrubsI needed another stall breaker in my team. Together with Crawdaunt is a nice core that forms, Manaphy deals with stall. With it's access to Tail Glow, which in One go raises its special attack to x2.5, he can Destroy stall teams easily whilst Crawdaunt breaks the walls.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Alakazam, the star of the team! I decided to use Alakazam because one Calm Mind can often sweep the opponents team once its check's and counters are removed. Dazzling Gleam may seem like an odd move to use, but on the switch go for a Calm Mind and then Dazzling Gleam can defeat Sableye, Honchkrow, Mandibuzz and some other dark types. Focus blast can be used for the bisharp switch which ohko's with ease. It is an surprising set, which is not often used.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

I decided to use Choice Specs Raikou because the volt-turn core this mon forms with my Landorus-T is Incredible. It is also surprisingly a powerhouse, able to exert massive amounts of damage. Hidden Power [Fire] over Hidden Power [Ice] is SO unexpected, and the Ferrothorns, the Scizor's, Excadrill and any steel types are all OHKO'ED or 2HKO'ED. It is amazing, I'm very happy I decided to try it out and has caught every opponent off guard so far.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 208 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Credit to Tnt for the change!
OLD SET ; CREDIT TO TNT for the change!
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Last but not least, the speed mon of my team. I decided to use Landorus-Therian because It forms a nice Volt-Turn core with my Raikou, and with a Choice Scarf it is able to revenge kill a lot of the metagame. Landorus-Therian is also able to sweep later game if all my opponents mon's are grounded.I also decided to use it due to the momentum it provides, which I think is crucial on a HO team.

FULL IMPORTABLE

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 208 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

CONCLUSION:

I have laddered with this team into the 1500's which sadly I have no proof as I have lost access to my ladder account. It is a very successful team and I have spent a lot of time on this RMT to get it improved. I will take ANY form of constructive criticism, do not be frightened. Well done if you have read all of this, and I look forward to seeing your improvements in the comments. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi nice RMT... a few suggestions:

On Manaphy, I'd take out 8 (or so) HP EVs to throw them into speed. This allows you to speed creep opposing Manaphy. Also, I'd try Lum Berry > Wacan Berry. Manaphy REALLY doesn't like getting paralyzed/toxic'd.

On Alakazam, I'd run Shadow Ball > Dazzling Gleam. Dazzle doesn't have that much power + Shadowball provides more coverage. Also, I'd run Taunt > Calm Mind. The utility Taunt provides is always appreciated, and while it isn't the BEST answer, it does help to combat hazard stack.

If you don't like the lack of Calm Mind on Alakazam, you could try CM Raikou > Specs Raikou. Another option here is AV Raikou. Your team struggles with speedy Electric-types (Mega Manectric, Thundurus-I, Raikou), and both AV and CM can help against those (AV more than CM), so IMO test both.

Hi nice RMT... a few suggestions:

On Manaphy, I'd take out 8 (or so) HP EVs to throw them into speed. This allows you to speed creep opposing Manaphy. Also, I'd try Lum Berry > Wacan Berry. Manaphy REALLY doesn't like getting paralyzed/toxic'd.

On Alakazam, I'd run Shadow Ball > Dazzling Gleam. Dazzle doesn't have that much power + Shadowball provides more coverage. Also, I'd run Taunt > Calm Mind. The utility Taunt provides is always appreciated, and while it isn't the BEST answer, it does help to combat hazard stack.

If you don't like the lack of Calm Mind on Alakazam, you could try CM Raikou > Specs Raikou. Another option here is AV Raikou. Your team struggles with speedy Electric-types (Mega Manectric, Thundurus-I, Raikou), and both AV and CM can help against those (AV more than CM), so IMO test both.
Hello there, thank you very much for taking the time to rate my team. I have made the changes to Manaphy, thank you very much! As of now, CM Alakazam is pretty good but after more battles, I will definitely be changing the CM to taunt if needed. Same with the Raikou change, thank you very much! Good day.

Hi Mattias, this is a pretty interesting team, but I do have some suggestions that you could try out. I see that this team is very weak to Bisharp; if it gets a single chance to set up or gets the defiant boost from Landorus, or even if your team gets weakened enough, it can easily threaten to sweep through your team with Sucker Punch. For this reason I'm going to recommend you use Encore over Calm Mind on Alakazam. This doesn't completely remove your Bisharp weakness by any means, but now you'll at least have an easier time playing around Sucker Punch if it gets out of hand. Encore Zam still preforms pretty well against defensive mons and since you're already using Psyshock you will be able to easily beat Calm Mind Clefable if it tries to set up as well, which was another big threat to your team. (especially Unaware sets!) Shadow Ball might be something else to try too, it gives you a harder hit on Latis and Slowbro and I think it makes sense with the next suggestion I'm going to make.

This next change is completely optional, but I do see your team is a bit weak to Keldeo and Weavile, you do have two checks to Keldeo but nothing really wants to take Secret Swords or Scalds and it either outspeeds or threatens 4/6 of your team right now; so I suggest that you try Belly Drum Azumarill over Crawdaunt. You keep your offensive water type synergy with Manaphy and win condition, but also gain the ability to handle Keldeo and Weavile better (and other things like Mega Lopunny kinda), so it might be something worth trying at least. BD Azu can also be very threatening if it gets a free turn to set up with Alakazam's Encore. The team is a bit weak to Mega Venusaur like this, so feel free to try out Psychic over Energy Ball or Ice Beam on Manaphy if you think it's a problem.

The team already looked pretty good so I couldn't really think of anything else that you might want to change. I hope these suggestions are able to help you in some way, good luck with the team.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
another crawdaunt user :D

heya, you asked for a rate from me on ps!, so here i am. while this hyper offense team looks really neat, it does have a few issues. first off, passho berry volcarona and mega charizard-x are scourges for you because they outrun everything on your team after one quiver dance boost and don't give a crap about crawdaunt's aqua jet. they can set up on your raikou and ohko everything on your team after a bit of residual damage on all of them. ye, you have sr on your team, but good volc / zard-x teams will have a way to keep rocks off or remove them from the field. bisharp is another problematic mon because of its ability to run through your team after a defiant boost (easily gained from your lando-t) and force mind-games on your alakazam. to resolve this issue, i'd recommend using choice scarf terrakion over your garchomp. this gives your team a more solid revenge killer and answer to the threats i outlined earlier, as well as a more reliable out against mega lopunny. you lose a sr setter, but my next suggestion will address that issue.

while you can reliably check sand rush excadrill with alakazam and crawdaunt (or azumarill, if you choose to implement brokenwings's suggestions), it still can do severe damage to your team if sand is up. even though you have landorus-therian, it's a bit redundant because of terrakion. as a result, i'd recommend using bulky landorus-therian over your current landorus-therian. you keep your volt-turn core, but you also gain a bulky pivot which will give your frailer team members more switch-ins. you could run bulky garchomp instead, but adamant life orb excadrill threatens the 2hko on the switch w/ earthquake, making it a bit worse than garchomp in that respect. brokenwings covered most of the other changes i wanted to talk about, but one more thing i think you could change up is manaphy's ev spread. since everything and everyone is running x amount of speed to creep the standard manaphy, i'd just use an ev spread of 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe on your manaphy to avoid any potential speed ties (aside from the other people who run max speed manaphy) and outrun threats like max speed landorus-t and +0 volcarona / charizard.

sets:

note:
spa = special attack, spd = special defense, spe = speed

terrakion @ choice scarf | justified
jolly | 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
• close combat
• stone edge
• rock slide
• iron head

not much to say here. this is the .standard scarf terrakion. stone edge and rock slide are here to give you a choice between pp and accuracy, while iron head sees use in the last slot to give terrakion the ability to revenge kill weakened clefable and mega gardevoir. do know that you can try out any combination of moves in slots 3 and 4. these are just the moves i feel work best.

landorus-therian @ leftovers | intimidate
impish | 192 hp / 208 def / 108 spe
• stealth rock
• earthquake
• stone edge
• u-turn

this is the usual fat landoge, but with a little twist: the evs give landorus-therian enough speed to outrun jolly tyranitar and anything slower (which includes adamant bisharp).

tl;dr:
  • =>
    • choice scarf set => bulky sr set
    • 88 hp / 252 spa / 168 spe => 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe
good luck with your team, and have a nice day :]

another crawdaunt user :D

heya, you asked for a rate from me on ps!, so here i am. while this hyper offense team looks really neat, it does have a few issues. first off, passho berry volcarona and mega charizard-x are scourges for you because they outrun everything on your team after one quiver dance boost and don't give a crap about crawdaunt's aqua jet. they can set up on your raikou and ohko everything on your team after a bit of residual damage on all of them. ye, you have sr on your team, but good volc / zard-x teams will have a way to keep rocks off or remove them from the field. bisharp is another problematic mon because of its ability to run through your team after a defiant boost (easily gained from your lando-t) and force mind-games on your alakazam. to resolve this issue, i'd recommend using choice scarf terrakion over your garchomp. this gives your team a more solid revenge killer and answer to the threats i outlined earlier, as well as a more reliable out against mega lopunny. you lose a sr setter, but my next suggestion will address that issue.

while you can reliably check sand rush excadrill with alakazam and crawdaunt (or azumarill, if you choose to implement brokenwings's suggestions), it still can do severe damage to your team if sand is up. even though you have landorus-therian, it's a bit redundant because of terrakion. as a result, i'd recommend using bulky landorus-therian over your current landorus-therian. you keep your volt-turn core, but you also gain a bulky pivot which will give your frailer team members more switch-ins. you could run bulky garchomp instead, but adamant life orb excadrill threatens the 2hko on the switch w/ earthquake, making it a bit worse than garchomp in that respect. brokenwings covered most of the other changes i wanted to talk about, but one more thing i think you could change up is manaphy's ev spread. since everything and everyone is running x amount of speed to creep the standard manaphy, i'd just use an ev spread of 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe on your manaphy to avoid any potential speed ties (aside from the other people who run max speed manaphy) and outrun threats like max speed landorus-t and +0 volcarona / charizard.

sets:

note:
spa = special attack, spd = special defense, spe = speed

terrakion @ choice scarf | justified
jolly | 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
• close combat
• stone edge
• rock slide
• iron head

not much to say here. this is the .standard scarf terrakion. stone edge and rock slide are here to give you a choice between pp and accuracy, while iron head sees use in the last slot to give terrakion the ability to revenge kill weakened clefable and mega gardevoir. do know that you can try out any combination of moves in slots 3 and 4. these are just the moves i feel work best.

landorus-therian @ leftovers | intimidate
impish | 192 hp / 208 def / 108 spe
• stealth rock
• earthquake
• stone edge
• u-turn

this is the usual fat landoge, but with a little twist: the evs give landorus-therian enough speed to outrun jolly tyranitar and anything slower (which includes adamant bisharp).

tl;dr:
  • =>
    • choice scarf set => bulky sr set
    • 88 hp / 252 spa / 168 spe => 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe
good luck with your team, and have a nice day :]
Wow! I really did not expect a thorough, intellectual rate my team. I like your presentation so much! Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it very much. I have made the changes to landorus-therian, choice scarf terrakion and manaphy. Thank you very much, modest or timid on manaphy btw? Thank you!

Hi Mattias, this is a pretty interesting team, but I do have some suggestions that you could try out. I see that this team is very weak to Bisharp; if it gets a single chance to set up or gets the defiant boost from Landorus, or even if your team gets weakened enough, it can easily threaten to sweep through your team with Sucker Punch. For this reason I'm going to recommend you use Encore over Calm Mind on Alakazam. This doesn't completely remove your Bisharp weakness by any means, but now you'll at least have an easier time playing around Sucker Punch if it gets out of hand. Encore Zam still preforms pretty well against defensive mons and since you're already using Psyshock you will be able to easily beat Calm Mind Clefable if it tries to set up as well, which was another big threat to your team. (especially Unaware sets!) Shadow Ball might be something else to try too, it gives you a harder hit on Latis and Slowbro and I think it makes sense with the next suggestion I'm going to make.

This next change is completely optional, but I do see your team is a bit weak to Keldeo and Weavile, you do have two checks to Keldeo but nothing really wants to take Secret Swords or Scalds and it either outspeeds or threatens 4/6 of your team right now; so I suggest that you try Belly Drum Azumarill over Crawdaunt. You keep your offensive water type synergy with Manaphy and win condition, but also gain the ability to handle Keldeo and Weavile better (and other things like Mega Lopunny kinda), so it might be something worth trying at least. BD Azu can also be very threatening if it gets a free turn to set up with Alakazam's Encore. The team is a bit weak to Mega Venusaur like this, so feel free to try out Psychic over Energy Ball or Ice Beam on Manaphy if you think it's a problem.

The team already looked pretty good so I couldn't really think of anything else that you might want to change. I hope these suggestions are able to help you in some way, good luck with the team.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
Hello brokenwings, thank you for taking the time and effort to comment on my RMT. I am going to test out crawdaunt for this team for a little while longer as I feel it as quite underrated in the metagame atm. I really love the alakazam set, so I shall be testing it vs the calm mind set. Thank you, have a nice day!

editnt: please don't double-post if you can help it. i merged your two posts together this time. have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First off u dont post without sense like u did above to avoid infraction for RMT Leaders. Ok now lets go to your team, really nice and fun team u made here i like the Raikou Lure to remove ferros for ur manaphy sweep late game but Raikou is a pretty weak mon that never HKO one thing even with Specs, ur team lack a lil bit of switch ins for electric types mons, Torn-t, gengar, etc. So i think AV Raikou help u a lot with this and give u a nice pivot too that can switch moves now and u still 2hko the same mons without the specs Also with AV at least u take one Fire Blast Modest coming from Zard Y if come down to that, ZardY is a threat for every single team but with raikou relieve a lil bit Terrakion. Gardevoir is a huge issue for ur team for lack of steel mon but tbh ur team structure is so gud that Gardevoir only have free switch ins after u kill a mon or have choice locked terrakion in CC other than that i think u cover p well most of the threats in the metagame
  • A few minor change will be Shadow Ball > Dazzling gleam on Mega Kazam, Dazz is only god for Sableye but Manaphy can handle this mon after TG so isnt a big issue for ur team, Shadow Ball hit Gardevoir harder cuz other way ur Kazam get walled for Gardevoir and grab a free kill.
  • I leave a couple sets suggestion down below of Craw, Raikou and Manaphy
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Jolly Craw still conserve the raw power and u speed most of the rotoms, scizor etc.

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

U can Go max max but i think that is enough speed fot outspeed more of the threats like KyuB.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Hope i help u man gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)