[LLAMA R3] Pool A: Zhengtann vs Smashlloyd20

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

"Hmm, at this cursed stage, we'll need to pull back a bit, Jin. Draw attention away from the old geezer."
Taunt > Fake Out > Ice Punch
IF Dragonite is under the effects of Protective/Evasive moves, THEN replace the first instance with Recover, and subsequent instances with Chill instead.
IF Dragonite would use a Damaging Evasive move when Ice Punch would be used, THEN replace Ice Punch with Counter [Stall] instead.

Sableye
HP: 64
EN: 58
Item: Everstone

Dragonite
HP: 83
EN: 59
Item: None

Field: Light Screen on Dragonite's side of the field, (4a)

Pyroak
HP: 68
EN: 74

Tornadus
HP: 34
EN: 27

Flavor: Sableye, seeing the deteriorating situation on the field, comes in and replaces Tornadus. As he does so, he taunts Dragonite over how she had forgotten about the effects of torment earlier. His criticism of her battling prowess is successful in diverting her attention, as she immediately launches a powerful dragon pulse towards Tornadus' intercessor.

Sableye takes the opportunity early in the round to launch a fake out attack against his opponent, which succeeds in flinching her. The dragon claw attack she had been preparing is prevented, and the glow around her claws suddenly dissipates into the surrounding air as Sableye's attack hits.

However, Dragonite quickly regains her wits, and gathers the dissipating draconic energy into a pulse attack, sent shooting towards Sableye. Sableye weathers the attack, and steeling himself as ice gathers around one of his hands. Walking through the pulse of recycled energy, he throws a disruptive punch at Dragonite, ending the attack.

a1
Sableye uses Taunt!
-9 EN!

Dragonite uses Dragon Pulse!
RNG to Crit: 5812/10000=No.
(BAP:9+STAB:3+ARB:7.5-DRB:4.5)=15
-6 EN!

Sableye is hurt by its burn (-2 HP)!

a2
Sableye uses Fake Out!
RNG to Crit: 8164/10000=No.
(BAP:4+ARB:6+Everstone:3-DRB:4.5-Burn:3)=5.5
-4 EN!

Dragonite flinched from the Fake Out!

a3
Dragonite uses dragon pulse!
RNG to Crit: 7341/10000=No.
-6 EN!

Sableye uses Ice Punch!
RNG to Crit: 9886/10000=No.
RNG for Effect Chance: 3296/10000=No.
(BAP:8+ARB:6+Everstone:3-DRB:4.5-Burn:3)*2.25=21.375
-6 EN!

Sableye
HP: 28
EN: 39

Dragonite
HP: 56
EN: 47

Pyroak

Tornadus

smashlloyd20 orders first.
ZhengTann orders second.

Dragon Pulse--iron head--dragon Pulse
IF you are tormented, THEN alternate between Hurricane and Iron Head for the rest of the round
IF Sableye would use Counter when you would use Iron Head, THEN replace with Flamethrower

Sableye
HP: 28
EN: 39

Dragonite
HP: 56
EN: 47

Pyroak

Tornadus

Flavor: Recovering from Sableye's punch, Dragonite unleashes yet another dragon pulse at her opponent... only for him to use it to his advantage. Immediately afterward, he uses pain split, with the previous attack getting Dragonite to a lower HP level than she would have been otherwise.
Dragonite's scales on her head glow silver and harden into iron, as she rushes forward to headbutt her opponent with great force. However, Sableye uses the ice punch he is commanded to use in a unique way- he blocks the oncoming attack with his fist. The ice around his hand is shattered by the iron head. Although it still causes the dragon/flying type opponent significant damage, Sableye's hand is hurt in the process as well.
As Sableye is commanded to use yet another ice punch, he uses his left hand- obviously not willing to use the right hand which was damaged from the previous blow he had intercepted. However, as he rushes towards Dragonite, it is clear that he's not ambidextrous- with Dragonite easily dodging the attack and launching a point-black dragon pulse at her opponent! However, this backfires on Dragonite. As Sableye is buffetted by the force of the Dragon Pulse, and slammed to the ground, his arms flail out- with his left arm accidentally striking the Dragon with the previously prepared punch.
Both Pokemon are KOed in this round- Dragonite from the damage, and Sableye simply from exhaustion.

a1
RNG to Crit:1350/10000=No.
-10 EN!

Sableye uses Pain Split!
The two pokemon's HP are equalized to 35!
-6+(56-13)/2=27.5 EN!

a2
Dragonite uses Iron Head!
RNG to Crit: 7109/10000=No.
RNG for Effect Chance:6618/10000=No.
(BAP:8+ARB:7.5-DRB:4.5-Everstone:3)=8
-6 EN!

Sableye uses Ice Punch!
RNG to Crit: 3503/10000=No.
RNG for Effect Chance: 3241/10000=No.
-6 EN!

a3
RNG to Crit: 9667/10000=No.
-6 EN!

Sableye uses Ice Punch!
RNG to Crit: 7035/10000=No.
RNG for Effect Chance: 1595/10000=No.
-6 EN!

Dragonite is KOed!
Sableye is EN KOed!

Sableye
HP: KO
EN: KO
+1 KOC

Dragonite
HP: KO
EN: KO

Field: Light Screen on Dragonite's side of the field, (1a)

Pyroak

Tornadus

ZhengTann and smashlloyd20 send out and equip... but I'm not entirely sure in what order. This is the first time in my reffing experience that the two pokemon have both been KOed at the same time AND both sides had pokemon to send out afterwards. Hopefully the more experienced players know?
Then, afterwards, Zhengtann orders first.
Then, smashlloyd20 orders second.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Let's do something ballsy.

"Well, what do you think, youngling?"

"If you'd allow me- "

"- I'll take on this one while you finish the other."

"Oho, you sure know how to let an old geezer finishes his own fights, huh?"
Ajuka (Metagross w/ Metagrossite) making the appearance.

[Mega-Evolve] Grass Knot > Brick Break > Grass Knot
IF Colossoil is underground due to Dig, THEN replace that action with Earthquake instead.
IF Colossoil is under the effects of Double Team, THEN replace that action with Earthquake instead.
IF Colossoil would use Encore A2, THEN replace A2 with Grass Knot instead.

Eek! I meant to do this yesterday, but my computer had trouble accessing Smogon forums. Thankfully the Smogon homepage is saying there was trouble with the forums yesterday, so I have some evidence to confirm that I'm telling the truth... I'll get to reffing this right away.

ZhengTann's pokemon

Metagross
HP: 100
EN: 100
Item: Metagrossite

smashlloyd's pokemon:

HP: 120
EN: 100
Item: Expert Belt

Field: Light Screen on smashlloyd's side of the field, (1a)

Pyroak

Tornadus

a1
Colossoil leaps up in the air!

Metagross-Mega uses Grass Knot!
Colossoil evaded the attack!
-9+Pressure:2=11 EN!

Colossoil uses Bounce!
RNG to Hit: 80/10000=Yes.
RNG to Crit: 4/10000=Yes.
RNG for Effect Chance: 7544/10000=No.
(BAP:7+4+Crit:3+ARB:7.5-DRB:7.5)*.67=9.38
-9+(10/3)=12.33 EN!

The Light Screen wore off!

a2
Colossoil uses Earthquake!
RNG to Crit: 3083/10000=No.
(BAP:10+Expert Belt:2+STAB+ARB:7.5-DRB:7.5)*1.5=22.5
-6 EN!

Metagross-Mega uses Brick Break!
RNG to Crit: 1034/10000=No.
(BAP:8+Tough Claws:2+ARB:9-DRB:4.5)*1.5=21.75
-6+Pressure:2=8 EN!

a3
Colossoil leaps up in the air!

Metagross-Mega uses Grass Knot!
Colossoil evaded the attack!
-9+Pressure:2=11 EN!

Colossoil uses Bounce!
RNG to Hit: 1183/10000=Yes.
RNG to Crit: 497/10000=Yes.
RNG for Effect Chance: 790/10000=Yes.
(BAP:7+4+Crit:3+ARB:7.5-DRB:7.5)*.67=9.38
-9+(10/3)=12.33 EN!

Metagross-Mega is paralyzed (20%)! It may be unable to move!

ZhengTann's pokemon

Metagross
HP: 59
EN: 70
Item: Metagrossite

smashlloyd's pokemon:

HP: 98
EN: 69

Field: None

smashlloyd20 orders first.
ZhengTann orders second.

Edit: ...i'll admit I reffed this in a bit of a rush after realizing how late I was. Sorry for that- let me just roll for crits with the grass knot and then calculate:

RNG to Crit: 1692/10000=No.
RNG to Crit: 2573/10000=No.

(BAP:16+ARB:7.5-DRB:4.5)*1.5=28.5

I'm not quite sure where ZhengTann got 31.5 from, but if he has an explanation I'm all ears.

smashlloyd's pokemon:

HP: 41

Edit #2: And apparently Grass Knot is a contact attack, which means it's affected by tough claws. Thanks to Solid Gold for pointing that out.

HP: 35

Last edited:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Just wanted to chime in:
  • Mega-Metagross and Colossoil speed tie at 110.
  • Both are using non-STAB attacks, and MegaGross' Grass Knot costs less EN than Colossoil's Bounce.
  • Ergo, Grass Knot should hit first. That's 31.5 damage a pop not accounting for crits, leaving Colossoil with 35 HP at most post-round.
  • Also I hate the RNG for rolling paralysis on the second Bounce. And the double crit. And the fact that all rolls end up below 3k when it was a 10k dice.

Alright, I did the changes, but I'm not quite sure where you got the 31.5 damage number from- I calculated it at something different. Also, technically the RNG did make some rolls above 3k-the first time it rolled for an effect chance, for example. If it had rolled below 3k then, you would have been paralyzed, and the speed tie would be gone, meaning it could have been worse.

But yeah, even with the stuff said in the strikethrough, I'll admit the hax was extremely bad for ZhengTann, and if he has anything to say about why Grass Knot does 31.5 damage instead of 28.5, I really am looking forward to an explanation so as to mitigate the negative effects of the hax.

Alright, smashlloyd, it turns out i had missed the fact Grass Knot was a contact attack and thus affected by tough claws. ZhengTann was right about the amount of damage, and I edited it accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)