Togekiss (Revamp)

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so, I've been using Togekiss pretty much ever since the Greninja ban (it's in my avatar too!), and I honestly disagree with the way the first set is laid out, by a lot.

First of all, I believe that a spread of 248 HP/ 76 Def / 8 SpD / 176 Spe with a Timid nature is optimal on the Stallbreaker set. I think that it thrives the most on Bulky Offensive teams that allow it to use its natural bulk and amazing typing to take hits "other" Pokemon on those teams can't really take on. I believe Leftovers should be by far the primary slash for that reason as well. For example, with this spread and Leftovers, Togekiss always survives 2 Life Orb Latios Psyshocks as as well as 2 Jolly Mega Lopunny Returns without Stealth Rock. That is absolutely huge for offensive teams that really don't have many other options to take the two of them one; especially since you probably aren't running Clefable if you are running Togekiss. Now, some people might say "but as soon as Stealth Rock is up it can't counter them anymore". Well, that is only half true. Lopunny Fake Out/HJK and Latios Draco/EQ/HP Fire are still free switchins, and that's not really the point anyway; the point is that you wall them early game (since you match up exceedingly well against a lot of common Stealth Rock users, especially those that actually see use on teams with Lopunny/Latios), which allows you to build up some offensive pressure and hopefully prevent Lopunny and Latios from coming in safely ever again. I think that Lum Berry is a waste anyway; if I don't want to get crippled by status I'll just run Heal Bell on this set which is something gr8astard has been doing to some decent success from what I've heard, and in matchups against full stall I'd much rather rely on my ability to switch into Will-O-Wisp from Slowbro/Sableye/Charizard X/Quagsire. Hell, even getting Thunder Waved isn't the end of the world with Leftovers (since you should have either your own Thunder Wave or Heal Bell 90% of the time), unless they happen to have both Chansey and Unaware Clefable/Quagsire in conjunction with Thunder Wave, which doesn't really exist. Leftovers, in return, gives you so much more: It allows you to take on the threats I mentioned a little bit earlier (among others), it allows you to not get fucked over by Sand, and not get fucked over by burns as much. It also makes dealing with Mega Slowbro and CM Clefable a lot easier, 2 Pokemon that you take on pretty well. That said, I think the name "Stallbreaker" is whack for this anyway seeing how it predominantly wrecks Balance-ish squads instead of Stall-ish squads, but Leftovers + getting statused in some way that isn't Toxic is still a way better "Stallbreaker" than the set with Lum Berry, especially since that set makes actually beating balance squads a lot more annoying. The Special Attack EVs also seem unnecessary as the only scenario off the top of my head where it really makes a difference is Unaware Clefable; Bisharp takes like 46% minimum from uninvested Togekiss anyway meaning that, with Stealth Rock or 1 turn of Life Orb recoil, it's a goner with 1 flinch regardless of SAtk investment.

As for the slashes in the 3rd slot, I wholeheartedly think that Thunder Wave / Heal Bell / Fire Blast makes for the best slashes in terms of usefulness. Aura Sphere sounds nice on paper, but the only thing that it really matters against is Heatran; Thunder Wave either lets you beat Tyranitar (Scarf aka the only set that really matters in this metagame), or cripple it for a teammate to take advantage of which, with an offensive team, isn't hard to do since you have lots of stuff that appreciates Tyranitar paralysed (think Gengar, Latios, LO Starmie, Thundurus-I, Landorus-I and even stuff like Raikou to some extent). Dazzling Gleam just seems so completely... useless. You do damage to Diancie or Thundurus but, on teams that those Pokemon are commonly seen on, especially with a team that features Togekiss (which is most likely a Bulky Offensive team of some kind), are you really going to get off the 2 hits against MDiancie/Thundurus to actually kill them? What about Mega Manectric? Raikou? The only thing that you will realistically get that hit off against (Rotom-W) loses to you 1 on 1 anyway and if it Volt Switches out to something that forces you out like Landorus or Gengar then Dazzling Gleam doesn't exactly solve that issue.. And before someone says that Dazzling Gleam beats unevolved Mega Diancie, that still loses to Protect variants and Thunder Wave on the switch already beats them because you are never OHKO'd by Diamond Storm and can fish for miss/full para with Roost and eventually kill it via Air Slash. Tyranitar, like I said, is pretty much always Scarfed in this metagame making Dazzling Gleam just as much of an inferior choice against it as against Diancie. Meanwhile, people really seem to underestimate Heal Bell's value on an offensive team; not only does it allow Togekiss to deal with status itself, but getting a "second life" for your burned Altaria/Gyarados, paralysed Charizard X, paralysed or burned Mega Metagross etc. is huge. Like, fucking enormous lol. There's no reason to only put it on the Defensive NP set when the teams that the Stallbreaker is often found on arguably make better use of it than Defensive NP's teammates ever would (although it's better for standalone sweeps on that one I suppose). Fire Blast gets instant damage against Ferrothorn (which is nice because you need a lot of flinches against Ferrothorn and it can actually hurt you), roasts Mega Scizor, kills unevolved Mega Metagross after a boost and allows you to beat one of the few defensive Pokemon that actually have a good shot to beat TWave Togekiss in Body Slam Jirachi. With Bronzong making a semi-comeback thanks to Landorus-I, Fire Blast becomes an even stronger option. You also snipe Excadrill on the switch for ~75%, which is enormous for offensive teams as well. Not to mention that you still get almost the same damage against Electric types that the obscure Dazzling Gleam was supposed to give you. Oh and it also happens to hit Magnezone. I think it's better than Aura Sphere because it has a lot more valid targets than Aura Sphere while also being a lot more practical than Dazzling Gleam in the sense that you can actually hit those Pokemon before they kill you; the Mega Metagross kill in particular is actually huge because it's such a difficult Pokemon to switch into, far more difficult than Choice Scarf Tyranitar, and it also kills you in one hit whereas Tyranitar only has a ~40% chance to win against Thunder Wave variants factoring in Sand, critical hits and misses (and only a 10%ish chance to escape without paralysis), whereas Metagross has an almost assured win and hurts way more Pokemon than Tyranitar to boot. It's not a fantastic option either way and I believe that Thunder Wave/Heal Bell are still way better, but it's usable on some teams.

Relevant Calcs:
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 166-196 (44.5 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Togekiss in Rain: 313-370 (83.9 - 99.1%) (huge calc for offensive teams that are troubled by rain)
+2 252 Atk Mega Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 301-355 (80.6 - 95.1%) (still a 50 50 chance after SR)
+1 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 157-186 (42 - 49.8%)
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 320-380 (85.7 - 101.8%) (87.5% chance to at least get off Thunder Wave, still a good chance to survive Sand afterwards too)
4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Togekiss: 314-372 (84.1 - 99.7%) (I guess 16 Atk variants have a small chance to kill you, and Max Atk was always killing you anyway so yeah)
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Togekiss: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (another huge one for these kinds of teams unless they have Venusaur as well)

Probably a lot more but I can't think of much else right now.

tl;dr 248 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpD / 176 Spe Timid is the best for what Togekiss actually wants to do, with the following slashes and Leftovers as the only or at least primary item:

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Thunder Wave / Heal Bell / Fire Blast
Roost

aim

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh knew you wouldn't let me down. I support everything he says wholeheartedly as i've also been using kiss (his kiss teams) for a while now.

Hey there, CBB already dropped an awesome comment about Togekiss, so I can not add too much anymore. I saw a lot of people running Wish, Protect, Thunderwave, Airslash Togekiss. I think it is worth mention it with slashes on the defensive set.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DPL Champion
Hey there, CBB already dropped an awesome comment about Togekiss, so I can not add too much anymore. I saw a lot of people running Wish, Protect, Thunderwave, Airslash Togekiss. I think it is worth mention it with slashes on the defensive set.
Just wondering, why would this set be used over Clefable, which lacks a SR, Electric, and Ice weakness? Clef also has higher HP iirc, and access to Unaware to put itself above Togekiss as a WishPasser (also has TWave too). Would Air Slash's flinching utility paired with Paralysis really be worth it over everything Clef has? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I simply see no reason to run this over Unaware Wish Clefable.

roscoe

tfw i’ll never be good enough
is a Contributor Alumnus
yea, no reason to use the set above over Clef, just leave it as a mention in other options like you have already. 3/3 nice job

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I've been studying for upcoming exams lately so I've had to delay this a bit, but regardless, I did what CBB said. Alright, this should be ready for GP.

Reactions: AM

tehy

Banned deucer.
get chekt

read comments, e t c

Overview
########

Togekiss is a very well rounded Fairy-type that possesses impressive bulk, solid typing, and a good offensive movepool. Thanks to its impressive bulk and typing, it can take on prominent threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Keldeo, Landorus, Garchomp, and Mega Sableye, and with its offensive movepool, Nasty Plot, and good power, it can capitalize on its defensive capabilities quite effectively. Its Serene Grace Air Slash, which has a 60% flinching chance, helps Togekiss gain the edge against slower Pokemon by making makes wearing down such slower Pokemon easier. Thanks to all of this these, Togekiss can shine in OU as a solid stallbreaker and defensive Pokemon. However, Togekiss also has several common weaknesses, including one to Stealth Rock, which limit its defensive capabilities-;(dash to semicolon) this is further compounded by its Speed, which leaves it outsped outpaced by several Pokemon in the tier. Furthermore, Togekiss also has to rely on weaker STAB moves than the rest of the tier. It also and faces competition from Pokemon such as Clefable and Mega Gardevoir as a Fairy-type for a team.

Stallbreaker
########
name: Stallbreaker
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Thunder Wave / Heal Bell / Fire Blast
move 4: Roost
ability: Serene Grace
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpD / 176 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Nasty Plot allows Togekiss to greatly boost its offensive power to deadly levels, especially with its bulk and typing. Air Slash is a reliable STAB move that possesses a high flinch chance and is relatively powerful after a boost. Thunder Wave is an option in the third slot to oaralyze paralyzes Pokemon such as Keldeo and Mega Gallade, thereby allowing Togekiss it to perform better against faster teams.;(period to semicolon, decapitalize) Tthis also works excellently in tandem with Serene Grace Air Slash. Heal Bell,(rc) however,(rc) allows Togekiss to remove status from itself, which is helpful in handling defensive Pokemon such as Sableye, Slowbro, and Chansey. This also allows Togekiss to support its team by removing status from teammates such as Mega Altaria. Fire Blast, meanwhile, hits incoming Mega Metagross and Jirachi hard, in addition to instantly OHKOing Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Roost is the option in the final moveslot to keep keeps Togekiss consistently healthy throughout the match. Aura Sphere is an option that allows Togekiss to revenge kill Bisharp and Tyranitar with relative ease, and also allows Togekiss it to hit Heatran,;(comma to semicolon) all of which would try to these Pokemon often switch into Togekiss. However, Togekiss is much better off paralyzing such Pokemon. Dazzling Gleam,(rc) on the other hand,(rc) is a STAB move that allows Togekiss to hit the prominent Mega Sableye hard,(rc) and is its most powerful option against Rotom-W, but it is relatively useless otherwise.

Set Details
========

With 176 Speed EV's and a Timid Nature, Togekiss can outspeed and thus revenge kill Jolly nature Bisharp and revenge kill it,(rc) while;(semicolon) the rest of the EV's are invested into HP and Defense. 76 Defense EV's allow Togekiss to survive two Psyshocks from Latios as well as and two Returns from Lopunny with Leftovers taken into account. Leftovers is the preferred alternative to enable passive recovery for make Togekiss,(rc) allowing it able to survive two Psyshocks from Latios successfully the aforementioned scenarios.

Usage Tips
========

With this set,(rc) This Togekiss is primarily catered meant to sweep slower teams,(ac) such as stall teams, using its good bulk and typing to be able to set up and sweep effectively with Serene Grace Air Slash. Togekiss possesses middling Speed, so unless you are running Thunder Wave, it would be best not to pit Togekiss up too frequently against offensive teams,(ac) as it is rather easy to revenge kill. Do not attempt to sweep with Togekiss until its counters have been removed, as this is when Togekiss performs best.

Team Options
========

Landorus-T is an excellent teammate, being able to revenge kill Raikou and Mega Manectric with ease.;(period to semicolon) With with Intimidate and U-turn, it can also get Togekiss in safely. Thunder Wave support from Thundurus or Klefki is also very useful to help patch up Togekiss's poor Speed tier and allow it to perform more effectively against offense. Hazard removal in the form of Defog or Rapid Spin is advised, as Togekiss's bulk and typing are undermined by a Stealth Rock weakness. Latias and Latios both do this quite well and also take on Raikou, Mega Manectric and Thundurus relatively well. Excadrill is also a decent teammate and can use Mold Breaker Earthquake to eliminate Rotom-W.

Defensive Nasty Plot
########
name: Defensive
move 3: Heal Bell
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is again a useful move to allow Togekiss to capitalize on its defensive capabilities by quickly boosting its power. Air Slash is again a reliable STAB move that hits decently hard after a boost and has good coverage as well as a high flinch chance. Heal bell Bell allows Togekiss to support its team by removing status and healing itself as well, allowing Togekiss to perform better against defensive Pokemon such as Slowbro and Mega Sableye. Thunder Wave is an acceptable alternative over Heal Bell in this slot, however, allowing Togekiss to cripple faster Pokemon with paralysis and allow it to therefore perform better against faster Pokemon. Roost serves as Togekiss's main form of recovery.

Set Details
========

The EV spread invests in HP and Defense to maximize physical bulk, making the most use of Togekiss's typing and resistances to take on important threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Mega Altaria. Serene Grace is the ideal ability chosen so that Air Slash's flinch chance is increased, and Leftovers serves as passive recovery for Togekiss.

Usage Tips
========

Compared to the previous set, this Togekiss set takes a more defensive approach, instead aiming to be able to effectively check important threats in OU such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, and Landorus-T, while simultaneously being able to pack an offensive presence and perform well against defensive teams. However, this set's capabilities are hindered greatly by Togekiss's Stealth Rock weakness, so one must be sure to keep Stealth Rock off the field for Togekiss to perform at its best. With Nasty Plot and Heal Bell, Togekiss also functions as an excellent win condition for stall teams, being able to perform defensively while setting up to be able to sweep as well.

Team Options
========

Hazard removal is heavily advised for Togekiss to function at its best. Latias and Latios can remove hazards for Togekiss while simultaneously checking Electric-types such as Thundurus. Starmie can also provide Rapid Spin support while it can and take on Mega Metagross. Hippowdon can take on Electric-types and Tyranitar well while it and can provide Stealth Rock support for Togekiss. Heatran is also a viable teammate, as it takes on most variants of Scizor effectively.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast is a decent option over Togekiss's other coverage options that provides a stronger hit against Ferrothorn and Scizor, but provides little else. Wish can be used as an option to allow Togekiss to pass HP to a teammate, but its lower (descriptive adjective) HP and Stealth Rock weakness make it hard to use such a move well. Stored Power can be used with significant amounts of boosts, but in general isn't very useful. Togekiss also has access to Defog to remove hazards, but it is a relatively lackluster of the move due to being rather passive its passivity. Togekiss also has Baton Pass to be able to pass Nasty Plot boosts. This kind of set is outclassed by Celebi, however, and Togekiss is much better off capitalizing on the boosts itself. A defensive set with Thunder Wave and Air Slash is usable, but relies a lot on luck, and this kind of set is extremely passive. Togekiss can also run a Choice Scarf set, using Serene Grace Air Slash to serve as a revenge killer, but this set lacks good power. Togekiss has a variety of other options, but few are actually worth using as Togekiss has several non-negotiable options.

Checks and Counters
########

**Electric-types** Electric-types pose a large threat to Togekiss, being able to take repeated Air Slashes and in most cases outspeed it. Examples of this include Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric, all of which can hit Togekiss very hard,(rc) and;(semicolon) the latter two can also use Volt Switch to obtain momentum off of Togekiss it.

**Ice-types** Weavile, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-B are all relevant Ice-types that can take on Togekiss with their Ice STAB,(rc) namely Icicle Crash and Ice Beam,(rc) respectively moves. However, all of these Pokemon must be wary of a potential Aura Sphere.

**Stealth Rock** Stealth Rock severely inhibits Togekiss's defensive capabilities, making it much easier to 2HKO and limiting its ability to swtich in.

**Poison- and Steel-types** (Poison- and Steel-types are strong and fast and blah blah blah this needs to be here unfortunately).Scizor in particular can revenge kill Togekiss with its STAB Bullet Punch. Life Orb Gengar can put a heavy dent in Togekiss with Sludge Bomb. Mega Metagross can also revenge kill Togekiss with Meteor Mash. Excadrill and Jirachi can also take on Togekiss with Iron Head, the latter also taking little from Togekiss overall bar the rare Flamethrower.

**Rock-types** Terrakion and Mega Diancie can easily revenge kill Togekiss with Stone Edge or Diamond Storm, respectively. Tyranitar can also make short work of Togekiss and take on most of what it has to offer due to its good special bulk, but it must be wary of Aura Sphere.

Comments:

Overview: the one part I cut; it's just kind of vague and bleh and too long when something much shorter would do, but it's a bit of different meaning so...whatever you wanna do i guess.

also, its low Speed causes it to be outsped kinda sounds blah, outpaced avoids this nicely

i tried to write the Aura Sphere sentence grammatically and faithfully to what I believe you wanted to say. I'm not perfect though, feel free to do w / e you want.

Why does Togekiss have 8 SpD EVs? since you've got room in Defense, this seems like a strange place to put them...is it just to say 'you can creep with these 8 EVs'? If so, i guess, whatever. be nice if it got mentioned though, especially if i was wrong about the creep.

Also, you should really say something about Serene Grace in moves, just shout out flinch chance and slight mention for Fire Blast too.

The way I rewrote set details gives Leftovers kind of an oblique mention, which I feel is enough, considering, and means you can just not give it its own sentence, but that's kind of a personal judgement and Smogon doesn't do those oblique mentions too often...you're the writer so yeah, decide, just letting you know

the 'as well as' in the set details implies that you only need Leftovers for Mega Lopunny, but then you say you need it for Latios as well, so I just took care of that, I hope you wanted to say Leftovers helps for both?

Also, it's always weird in writing when you kind of say the same thing twice and don't reference the first time, especially right the first time you said it. So, when talking about the first set's Leftovers, 'the aforementioned scenarios' is a lot better because it doesn't have that problem, and talks about Lopunny as well

smogon policy is apparently to not really link sets together so i cut the 'again's; these sets are in hide tabs, so it's possible to read one and not the other very easily, and then be a bit weirded about the 'again'.

when you say 'serene grace is the ideal ability so' that's wrong; i wasn't sure what to replace with it but i decided just 'chosen' even though I usually complain about how that's obviously chosen since it's on the set, whatever, that sentence needed a word.

With that said, the first set has a lot of 'this is chosen in the first slot because' and that's just a waste of words, unfortunately, i can just see it on the set after all

Fire Blast is slashed onto the main set, how come it's in OO?

when you talk about wish in OO, i get that you're saying 'lower' in the sense of 'lower than common wish-passers' but you can't really say lower like that. maybe 'mediocre' or 'medium' would work better?

similarly, defensive with Thunder Wave and Air Slash is already on the set. Maybe say 'fully defensive', if you're talking about a set that lacks Nasty Plot?

i don't like to do a respectively with a different amount of options than Pokemon (is Mamoswine using Ice Beam or Icicle Crash? Obviously the latter, but the English doesn't tell me that, my competitive experience does) , and it's not really necessary since you can just say they do it with their Ice STAB. Consider just leaving it at 'Ice STAB'?

You say Excadrill takes little from Togekiss bar the rare flamethrower, i guess that used to be on the set and isn't now? just replace with Fire Blast and move on seems like the best option

two parantheses things I added; firstly, 'lower' i get you mean 'lower than blissey, alomomola, whatever standard wish passer' but that doesn't make sense unless you say it, so you should just make it. Secondly, in checks and counters, you gotta say a topic sentence basically, the title doesn't count, unfortunate but true

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add/correct remove comments
Overview
########

Togekiss is a very well-rounded Fairy-type that possesses impressive bulk, solid typing, and a good offensive movepool. Thanks to its impressive bulk and typing, it can take on prominent threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Keldeo, Landorus, Garchomp, and Mega Sableye, and with its offensive movepool, which includes Nasty Plot, and good power, it can capitalize on its defensive capabilities quite effectively. Its Serene Grace Air Slash, which has a 60% flinching chance, helps Togekiss easily wear down gain the edge against slower Pokemon by making wearing down such Pokemon easier. Thanks to these attributes, Togekiss can shine in OU as a solid stallbreaker and defensive Pokemon. However, Togekiss also has several common weaknesses, including one to Stealth Rock, which limit its defensive capabilities—this is further compounded by its Speed, which leaves it outsped by several Pokemon in the tier. Furthermore, Togekiss also has to rely on using weaker STAB moves than the rest of the tier. It also faces competition from Pokemon such as Clefable and Mega Gardevoir as a Fairy-type for a team.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot allows Togekiss to greatly boost its offensive power to deadly levels, which is especially threatening with its bulk and typing. Air Slash is a reliable STAB move that possesses a high flinch chance and is relatively powerful after a boost. Thunder Wave is an option in the third slot to paralyze Pokemon such as Keldeo and Mega Gallade, thereby allowing it Togekiss to perform better against faster teams. This also works excellently in tandem with Serene Grace Air Slash. Heal Bell, however, allows Togekiss to remove status from itself and its teammates, which is helpful in handling defensive Pokemon such as Sableye, Slowbro, and Chansey. This also allows Togekiss to support its team by removing status from teammates such as Mega Altaria. Fire Blast, meanwhile, hits incoming Mega Metagross and Jirachi hard, [rc] in addition to instantly OHKOing Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Roost is the option in the final moveslot to keeps Togekiss consistently healthy throughout the match. Alternatively, [ac] Aura Sphere is an option that allows Togekiss to revenge kill Bisharp and Tyranitar with relative ease, [rc] and also allows it to hit Heatran, all of which would try to switch into Togekiss. However, Togekiss is much better off paralyzing such Pokemon. Dazzling Gleam, on the other hand, is a STAB move that allows Togekiss to hit the prominent Mega Sableye hard, and it is its Togekiss's most powerful option against Rotom-W, but is relatively useless otherwise.

Set Details
========

With 176 Speed EVs [remove apostrophe] and a Timid Nature, Togekiss can outspeed and revenge kill Jolly nature Bisharp. [period] and revenge kill it, [rc] while The rest of the EV's are invested into HP and Defense. 76 Defense EVs [remove apostrophe] and Leftovers allow Togekiss to survive two Psyshocks from Latios as well as two Returns from Lopunny with Leftovers taken into account. Leftovers is the preferred alternative to enable passive recovery for Togekiss, allowing it to survive two Psyshocks from Latios successfully. [Why 248 HP and 8 SpD EVs?]

Usage Tips
========

With this set, [rc] Togekiss should use is primarily catered to sweep slower teams such as stall teams, [rc] using its good bulk and typing to be able to set up and sweep effectively with Serene Grace Air Slash against slower teams. Togekiss possesses middling Speed, so unless you are running Thunder Wave, it would be best not to pit Togekiss up too frequently against offensive teams, [ac] as it is rather easy to revenge kill. Do not attempt to sweep with Togekiss until its counters have been removed, as this is when Togekiss performs best.

Team Options
========

Landorus-T is an excellent teammate, as it is being able to revenge kill Raikou and Mega Manectric with ease. With Intimidate and U-turn, it can also get Togekiss in safely. Thunder Wave support from Thundurus or Klefki is also very useful to help patch up Togekiss's poor Speed tier and allow it to perform more effectively against offense. Entry hazard removal in the form of Defog or Rapid Spin is advised, [ac] as Togekiss's bulk and typing are undermined by a Stealth Rock weakness. Latias and Latios both do this quite well and also take on Raikou, Mega Manectric, [ac] and Thundurus relatively well. Excadrill is also a decent teammate and can use Mold Breaker Earthquake to eliminate Rotom-W.

Defensive Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is again a useful move to allow Togekiss to capitalize on its defensive capabilities by quickly boosting its power. Air Slash is again a reliable STAB move that hits decently hard after a boost, [ac] and has good coverage, [ac] and has as well as a high flinch chance. Heal Bell allows Togekiss to support its team by removing status from its teammates and and healing itself as well, allowing Togekiss to perform better against defensive Pokemon such as Slowbro and Mega Sableye. Thunder Wave is an acceptable alternative over Heal Bell in this slot, however, allowing Togekiss to cripple faster Pokemon with paralysis and allow it to therefore perform better against faster Pokemon. Roost serves as Togekiss's main form of recovery.

Set Details
========

The EV spread invests into HP and Defense to maximize physical bulk, making the most use of Togekiss's typing and resistances to take on important threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Mega Altaria. Serene Grace is the ideal ability so that Air Slash's flinch chance is increased, and Leftovers serves as passive recovery for Togekiss.

Usage Tips
========

Compared to the previous set, this Togekiss set takes a more defensive approach; [semi > comma] it instead aims aiming to be a able to effectively check to many important threats in OU such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, and Landorus-T, [rc] while simultaneously having being able to pack an offensive presence and performing well against defensive teams. However, this set's capabilities are hindered greatly by Togekiss's Stealth Rock weakness, so one must be sure to keep Stealth Rock off the field for Togekiss to perform at its best. With Nasty Plot and Heal Bell, Togekiss also functions as an excellent win condition for stall teams, being able to perform well defensively while setting up to be able to sweep as well.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard removal is heavily advised for Togekiss to function at its best. Latias and Latios can remove entry hazards for Togekiss while simultaneously checking Electric-types such as Thundurus. Starmie can also provide Rapid Spin support and while it can take on Mega Metagross. Hippowdon can take on Electric-types and Tyranitar well and while it can provide Stealth Rock support for Togekiss. Heatran is also a viable teammate, [ac] as it takes on most variants of Scizor effectively.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast is a decent option over Togekiss's other coverage options that hits provides a stronger hit against Ferrothorn and Scizor harder, but provides little else. Wish can be used as an option to allow Togekiss to pass HP to a teammate, but its Togekiss's lower HP and Stealth Rock weakness make it hard to use such a move well. Stored Power can be used with significant amounts of boosts, but in general it isn't very useful. Togekiss also has access to Defog to remove entry hazards, but it is not a good user relatively lackluster of the move due to being rather passive. Togekiss also has access to Baton Pass, [ac] allowing it to be able to pass Nasty Plot boosts. This kind of set is outclassed by Celebi, however, and Togekiss is much better off capitalizing on the boosts itself. A defensive set with Thunder Wave and Air Slash is usable, but relies a lot on luck, and this kind of set is extremely passive. Togekiss can also run a Choice Scarf set, using Serene Grace Air Slash to serve as a revenge killer, but this set lacks good power. Togekiss has a variety of other options, but few are actually worth using, [ac] as Togekiss has several non-negotiable moves options.

Checks and Counters
########

**Electric-types** Electric-types pose a large threat to Togekiss, being able to take repeated Air Slashes and, [ac] in most cases, [ac] outspeed it. Examples of this include Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric, all of which can hit Togekiss very hard, and the latter two can also use Volt Switch to obtain momentum off of it.

**Ice-types** Weavile, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-B are all relevant Ice-types that can take on Togekiss with their Ice-type STAB moves, namely Icicle Crash and Ice Beam, [rc] respectively. However, all of these Pokemon must be wary of getting hit by a potential Aura Sphere.

**Stealth Rock** Stealth Rock severely inhibits Togekiss's defensive capabilities, making it much easier to 2HKO and limiting its ability to switch in.

**Poison- and Steel-types** Scizor in particular can revenge kill Togekiss with its STAB Bullet Punch. Life Orb Gengar can put a heavy dent in Togekiss with Sludge Bomb, [comma > period] and Mega Metagross can also revenge kill Togekiss with Meteor Mash. Excadrill and Jirachi can also take on Togekiss with Iron Head, and the latter takes also taking little damage from Togekiss overall bar the rare Flamethrower Fire Blast. [you never mentioned Flamethrower, only Fire Blast, so it seems more relevant]

**Rock-types** Terrakion and Mega Diancie can easily revenge kill Togekiss with Stone Edge or Diamond Storm, respectively. Tyranitar can also make work of Togekiss and take on most of Togekiss's moves what it has to offer due to its good special bulk, but it must be wary of Aura Sphere.
1/2

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, and after about a month of preparing for things like an AP exam and an HSA I've finally gotten to implementing this check. Alright, let's get another one in.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ScraftyIsTheBest

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Togekiss is a very well-rounded Fairy-type that possesses impressive bulk, solid typing, and a good offensive movepool. Thanks to its impressive bulk and typing, it can take on prominent threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Keldeo, Landorus, Garchomp, and Mega Sableye, and with its offensive movepool, which includes Nasty Plot, and good power, (RC) it can capitalize on its defensive capabilities quite effectively. Its Serene Grace Air Slash, which has a 60% flinching chance to cause the foe to flinch, helps Togekiss easily wear down slower Pokemon. Thanks to these attributes, Togekiss can shine in OU as a solid stallbreaker and defensive Pokemon. This info is alright, but I don't like how it's just stuck in the middle of the paragraph. We know it's defensive already, but if you want to cover how it's a stallbreaker put that in the previous sentence However, Togekiss also has several common weaknesses, including one to Stealth Rock, which limit its defensive capabilities—this is further compounded by its Speed, which leaves it outsped by several Pokemon in the tier give specific examples of troublesome things that outspeed it or just end the sentence at 'compounded by its Speed'. Furthermore, Togekiss also has to rely on using weaker STAB moves compared to other Pokemon. It also faces competition from Pokemon such as Clefable and Mega Gardevoir as a Fairy-type.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot allows Togekiss to greatly boost its offensive power to deadly levels, which is especially threatening with its bulk and typing. Air Slash is a reliable STAB move that possesses a high flinch chance and is relatively powerful after a boost. Thunder Wave is an option in the third slot to paralyze Pokemon such as Keldeo and Mega Gallade, thereby allowing Togekiss to perform better against faster teams. This also works excellently in tandem with Serene Grace Air Slash. Heal Bell, however, allows Togekiss to remove status from itself, which is helpful in handling defensive Pokemon such as Sableye, Slowbro, and Chansey, as well as from supporting its teammates. Fire Blast, meanwhile, hits incoming Mega Metagross and Jirachi hard, in addition to instantly OHKOing or 'instantly KOing' Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Roost keeps Togekiss consistently healthy throughout the match. Alternatively, Aura Sphere is an option that allows Togekiss to revenge kill Bisharp and Tyranitar with relative ease and hit Heatran, all of which would try to switch into Togekiss. However, Togekiss is much better off paralyzing such Pokemon. Dazzling Gleam, on the other hand, is a STAB move that allows Togekiss to hit the prominent Mega Sableye hard, and it is Togekiss's most powerful option against Rotom-W, but is relatively useless otherwise.

Set Details
========

With 176 Speed EVs and a Timid Nature, Togekiss can outspeed and revenge kill Jolly Bisharp. 76 Defense EVs and Leftovers allow Togekiss to survive two Psyshocks from Latios as well as two Returns from Lopunny.

Usage Tips
========

With this set, Togekiss should use its good bulk and typing to set up and sweep effectively with Serene Grace Air Slash against slower teams. Togekiss possesses middling Speed, so unless you are running Thunder Wave, it would be best not to pit Togekiss up too frequently against offensive teams, as it is rather easy to revenge kill. Do not attempt to sweep with Togekiss until its counters have been removed, as this is when Togekiss performs best.

Team Options
========

Landorus-T is an excellent teammate, as it is able to revenge kill Raikou and Mega Manectric with ease. With Intimidate and U-turn, it can also get Togekiss in safely. Thunder Wave support from Thundurus or Klefki is also very useful to help patch up Togekiss's poor Speed tier and allow it to perform more effectively against offense. Entry hazard removal in the form of Defog or Rapid Spin is advised, as Togekiss's bulk and typing are undermined by a Stealth Rock weakness. Latias and Latios both do this quite well and are also take on Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus relatively well. Excadrill is also a decent teammate and can use Mold Breaker Earthquake to eliminate Rotom-W.

Defensive Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is again a useful move to allow Togekiss to capitalize on its defensive capabilities by quickly boosting its power. Air Slash is again a reliable STAB move that hits decently hard after a boost, has good coverage, and has a high flinch chance. Heal bell allows Togekiss to support its team by removing status from its teammates and itself, allowing Togekiss to perform better against defensive Pokemon such as Slowbro and Mega Sableye. Thunder Wave is an acceptable alternative over Heal Bell in this slot, however, allowing Togekiss to cripple faster Pokemon with paralysis and allow it to therefore perform better against faster Pokemon. Roost serves as Togekiss's main form of recovery.

Set Details
========

The EV spread invests into HP and Defense to maximize physical bulk, making the most use of Togekiss's typing and resistances to take on important threats in this metagame such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Mega Altaria. Serene Grace is the ideal ability so that Air Slash's flinch chance is increased, and Leftovers serves as passive recovery for Togekiss.

Usage Tips
========

Compared to the previous set, This Togekiss set takes a more defensive approach; it instead aims to be able to effectively check important threats in OU such as Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, and Landorus-T while simultaneously having an offensive presence and performing well against defensive teams. However, this set's capabilities are hindered greatly by Togekiss's Stealth Rock weakness, so one must be sure to keep Stealth Rock off the field for Togekiss to perform at its best. With Nasty Plot and Heal Bell, Togekiss also functions as an excellent win condition for stall teams, being able to perform well defensively while setting up to sweep as well.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard removal support is heavily advised for Togekiss to function at its best. Latias and Latios can remove entry hazards for Togekiss while simultaneously checking Electric-types such as Thundurus. Starmie can also provide Rapid Spin support and take on Mega Metagross. Hippowdon can take on Electric-types and Tyranitar well and provide Stealth Rock support for Togekiss. Heatran is also a viable teammate, as it takes on most variants of Scizor effectively.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used to allow Togekiss to pass HP to a teammate, but Togekiss's lower HP and Stealth Rock weakness make it hard to use such a move well. Stored Power can be used with significant amounts of boosts, but in general it isn't very useful. Togekiss also has access to Defog to remove entry hazards, but it is not a good user of the move why? Lead people toward good Defoggers. Togekiss also has access to Baton Pass, allowing it to pass Nasty Plot boosts. This kind of set is outclassed by Celebi, however, and Togekiss is much better off capitalizing on the boosts itself. A defensive set with Thunder Wave and Air Slash is usable, but relies a lot on luck, and this kind of set is extremely passive. Togekiss can also run a Choice Scarf set, using Serene Grace Air Slash to serve as a revenge killer, but this set lacks good power. Togekiss has a variety of other options, but few are actually worth using, as Togekiss has several non-negotiable moves.

Checks and Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types pose a large threat to Togekiss, being able to take repeated Air Slashes and, in most cases, outspeed it due to their immunity to Thunder Wave. Examples of this include Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric, all of which can hit Togekiss very hard, and the latter two can also use Volt Switch to obtain momentum.

**Ice-types**: Weavile, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-B are all relevant Ice-types that can take on Togekiss with their Ice STAB moves, namely Icicle Crash and Ice Beam. However, all of these Pokemon must be wary of getting hit by a potential Aura Sphere.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock severely inhibits Togekiss's defensive capabilities, making it much easier to 2HKO and limiting its ability to switch in.

**Poison- and Steel-types**: Scizor in particular can revenge kill Togekiss with its STAB Bullet Punch. Life Orb Gengar can put a heavy dent in Togekiss with Sludge Bomb, and Mega Metagross can revenge kill Togekiss with Meteor Mash. Excadrill and Jirachi can also take on Togekiss with Iron Head, and the latter also takes little damage from Togekiss overall bar the odd Fire Blast. Fire Blast wasn't mentioned anywhere--potential OO option?

**Rock-types** Terrakion and Mega Diancie can easily revenge kill Togekiss with Stone Edge or Diamond Storm, respectively. Tyranitar can also take on most of Togekiss's moves due to its good special bulk, but it must be wary of Aura Sphere.

2/2

Also remember to update this to the new analysis format

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)