ORAS OU Hail to the King!

Introduction:
What's up guys. Mudvayne here with a new RMT, I made this team for the minitour and have tested it for a few days and found it to be relatively successful, even with some of the oddball 'mons. I have a few threats on my threatlist as of now and I will probably add more.

The Team:
upload_2015-5-31_19-24-54.png

Famous (Sceptile) (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power [Fire]
Earthquake
Since it means so much to you...
Yeah...
Yeah...
Yeah...
Hollywood hills, pocket full of shells...
Sunset drag and I haven't even slept all day...

The star of the team, Mega Sceptile is an excellent Pokémon usually overshadowed by a starter of the same type, Serperior. Sceptile does good against most forms of offense and a Leaf Storm hurts anything that isn't a resist. Leaf Storm is Grass STAB, hitting hard and using the base 145 Special Attack that Scpetile possesses. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB and doesn't lower Special Attack. Hidden Power [Fire] help against most resists to Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse and sometimes surprises these switch ins expecting a Substitute Sceptile. Earthquake hits Heatran.

Fear (Manaphy) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Scald
Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Tail Glow
Fear something again!
Huh, huh, huh, huh huh, huh...
Fear something again!
Huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh...
Fear something again!
Fear something again!

Sceptile struggles against bulkier teams, Manaphy alleviates this issue by bringing Tail Glow to the table and punching holes in most teams without a fast revenge killer. Wacan Berry was chosen over Lum Berry because I find that risking the Hidden Power [Ice] or [Flying] isn't needed and can kill Sceptile, and pre-mega Sceptile doesn't have Lightning Rod. Scald is a reliable STAB with a burn chance to make switch ins like Breloom regret it. Ice Beam hits most resists to Water hard and is reliable. Energy Ball is a way to get through bulky waters. Tail Glow is bread and butter, +3 Special Attack? Hell yeah!

Remedy (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Lava Plume
Flash Cannon
Toxic
Roar

Throw your dollar bills and leave your thrills all here with me...
And speak but don't pretend I won't defend you anymore you see!
It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but not for you...
My eyes don't need to see that ugly thing, I know it's me you fear...
If you want me hold me back!

Clefable was a problem, I built this Heatran as a kind of 'anti-clefable' kind of 'mon. Unaware ones get smacked with Toxic and then get worn down with Flash Cannon and if they set up Calm Minds they get Roared out. Lava Plume is a reliable STAB, like a Fire type Scald. Flash Cannon is another reliable STAB that has a chance to lower Special Defense and hits Fairies which is what Heatran is meant to check. Toxic is good residual damage that beats most stallers. Roar is good in tandem with Stealth Rock and beats set up 'mons.

Not Gonna Die (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
Gyro Ball
Volt Switch
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Death surrounds...
My heartbeat’s slowing down...
I won’t take this world’s abuse...
I won’t give up, I refuse!
This is how it feels when you’re bent and broken!
This is how it feels when your dignity’s stolen!

Most of you were probably like 'wtf kami use fucking ferro lolxd 420 blaze it' or some stupid shit like that but let me explain why I chose it. I needed rocks, I needed a spinner, and something that went with Heatran. This fit in perfectly, while also checking physical attackers that threaten Heatran. Gyro Ball is standard STAB that can hit decently hard since Forretress is slow. Volt Switch does no damage but gains momentum on my part and can get Forretress out of a bind. Rapid Spin is pure utility to get rid of rocks. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock. No need to explain it.

Numb (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
Gunk Shot
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

I'm tired of being what you want me to be...
Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface...
Don't know what you're expecting of me!
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes...
Every step that I take is another mistake to you...

Toxicroak is a pretty good Azumarill check for my team but that wasn't the main reason I used it, I mainly used it because I needed a Keldeo check and a set up 'mon all-in-one and that's useful. Gunk Shot is a powerful STAB attack that does heavy damage after a Swords Dance boost. Drain Punch is recovery to wade off Life Orb recoil. Sucker Punch is priority and good to pick off weakened threats, Swords Dance is set up.

(no item :[)
Fall Into Sleep (Talonflame) (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Acrobatics
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Roost

Dreams of earthquakes.
Dreams of hurricanes.
Dreams of pouring rain.
Dreams of tidal waves... to wash us all away...
Dreams of guns blazed.
Dreams of fire rage.
Dreams of swollen graves.
Dreams of hollow pain.
All gone!
No item Talonflame is actually a good Knock Off absorber. That aside, Talonflame solves my problem pertaining to 3 Atks Mixed Mega Altaria, the one with Earthquake, Fire Blast, and Return. It also can stall out Mega Metagross. Acrobatics is a reliable STAB with no drawbacks, Will-O-Wisp cripples some attackers that like to stay in on Talonflame, Taunt stops Stealth Rock from going up and keeps things like Toxic off of Talonflame, and Roost is recovery.

Sceptile (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tail Glow

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Last edited:
Reserved for shoutouts and threatlist and replays

Rain. Rain punches holes in my team and I don't have much to fix that.

Sand. Same as Rain, I can use Air Balloon Heatran or Shuca Tran to alleviate this to an extent but it only goes so far.

Mega Diancie. Pretty powerful, Shuca Tran with Flash Cannon can put a stop to it but in the upcoming minitour Mega Diancie is banned so for now Leftovers stays.

Strong Fighters. They can pressure my team but in almost any case Talonflame can cripple or revenge kill.

Fatchomp with Fire Blast: Specifically, this thing applies a lot of pressure to my team as literally nothign wants to eat either a Dragon Claw, Earthquake, or Fire Blast.

Shoutout to Dragongroudon9 for getting 6-0ed by Toxicroak :^].

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237046309 Toxicroak 6-0ed his team after a Swords Dance.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I love your layout and awesome team ^_^

I think Choice Scarf Excadrill would be better than Forretress as it can get rid of your threat Mega Diancie while being a Rapid Spinner. Also Garchomp isn't as big of a threat as you have Manaphy which can easily outspeed it and Ice Beam it. Imo you could run Giga Drain over Leaf Storm on Sceptile to recover some HP while doing damage to the opponent. I didn't say much as there isn't much to fix, have a nice day.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
I love your layout and awesome team ^_^

I think Choice Scarf Excadrill would be better than Forretress as it can get rid of your threat Mega Diancie while being a Rapid Spinner. Also Garchomp isn't as big of a threat as you have Manaphy which can easily outspeed it and Ice Beam it. Imo you could run Giga Drain over Leaf Storm on Sceptile to recover some HP while doing damage to the opponent. I didn't say much as there isn't much to fix, have a nice day.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
My main problem is I want all four moves to stay on Heatran and I don't get rocks with this. Locking yourself into Rapid Spin is a pretty bad option as well and like I said, I want to keep every move on Heatran because that's basically an anti-clefable Tran. Plus the defensive core of Forre and Tran is actually really good and I would dislike getting rid of it for a really unreliable spin that's choiced. I will think about it though.

My main problem is I want all four moves to stay on Heatran and I don't get rocks with this. Locking yourself into Rapid Spin is a pretty bad option as well and like I said, I want to keep every move on Heatran because that's basically an anti-clefable Tran. Plus the defensive core of Forre and Tran is actually really good and I would dislike getting rid of it for a really unreliable spin that's choiced. I will think about it though.
There is SpD Excadrill, and with Talonflame there is some great syenergy

Hey Mudvayne,

thats a cool core (M-Secptile / Manaphy / Heatran) and i can definitely see it putting in work. However, i think there are better options for the remaining slots in terms of support for the aformentioned core.

First of all i advise you to change HP [Fire] on Manaphy to Energy Ball. You really can't switch into Azumarill at all, so quickly getting rid of it seems to be the better option. You also have Fire Moves on Sceptile and Heatran, which means Ferrothorn shouldn't be too much of a hassle. If you make the change, just run 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to at least Speed Tie with other Manahpy.

Looking at your Threadlist i think Azumarill could work over Toxicroak. Its way more bulky and Aqua Jet checks a lot of stuff your team has trouble with (M-Diancie, Excadrill, Landorus). The Assault Vest set seems fine, but Choice Band definitely has its use as well.
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

or

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Next i would change Forretress to Latios. Forretress isn't to good in this meta and you lack a check to Landorus-I and Charizard-Y. Latios provides further support with Defog and a strong offensive force to pressure stuff like M-Venusaur and Fairies, things that wall M-Secptile. It also synergieses well with Heatran since their typings complement each other really well.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

For your last mon i can see Talonflame work, but i would like you to consider Rocky Helmet Landorus-T instead. Since you lose Stealth Rock with Latios, you need another mon to carry it. Landours can do that plus it helps you wear down physical attackers like M-Lopunny, M-Metagross, Talonflame, M-Pinsir, Excadrill and Bisharp.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 228 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Speaking of Bisharp: Its actually a big thread to your team. To kinda solve that, i suggest using Will-O-Wisp on Heatran to avoid being Sucker Punched to death and shut it down with a burn. Here's the set i'm thinking off:
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

The combination of Taunt + Flash Cannon stops Clefable while running that much Speed and Special Attack EVs helps you getting off a strong hit on Modest M-Altaria.

These are a lot of changes to consider. Anyway, hopefully i help a bit and at least gave you some inspiration to work with!

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Hey Mudvayne,

thats a cool core (M-Secptile / Manaphy / Heatran) and i can definitely see it putting in work. However, i think there are better options for the remaining slots in terms of support for the aformentioned core.

First of all i advise you to change HP [Fire] on Manaphy to Energy Ball. You really can't switch into Azumarill at all, so quickly getting rid of it seems to be the better option. You also have Fire Moves on Sceptile and Heatran, which means Ferrothorn shouldn't be too much of a hassle. If you make the change, just run 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to at least Speed Tie with other Manahpy.

Looking at your Threadlist i think Azumarill could work over Toxicroak. Its way more bulky and Aqua Jet checks a lot of stuff your team has trouble with (M-Diancie, Excadrill, Landorus). The Assault Vest set seems fine, but Choice Band definitely has its use as well.
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

or

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Next i would change Forretress to Latios. Forretress isn't to good in this meta and you lack a check to Landorus-I and Charizard-Y. Latios provides further support with Defog and a strong offensive force to pressure stuff like M-Venusaur and Fairies, things that wall M-Secptile. It also synergieses well Heatran since there typings complement each other really well.
Latios Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

For your last mon a can see Talonflame work, but i would like you to consider Rocky Helmet Landorus-T instead. Since you lose Stealth Rock with Latios, you need another Mon so carry it. Landours can do that plus it helps you wear down physical attacker like M-Lopunny, M-Metagross, Talonflame, M-Pinsir, Excadrill and Bisharp.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 228 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Speaking of Bisharp: Its actually i big thread to your team. To kinda solve that, i suggest using Will-O-Wisp on Heatran to avoid being Sucker Punched to death and shut it down. Here's the set i'm thinking off:
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

The combination of Taunt + Flash Cannon stops Clefable while running that much Speed and Special Attack EVs helps you getting off i strong hit on Modest M-Altaria.

These are a lot of change to consider. Anyway, hopefully i help a bit and at least gave you some inspiration to work with!

Have a nice day
with the results of the suspect test landorus-i will be gone in like a week so i dont think i should worry too much about it but besides that you made some great points and i will probably test them today or tomorrow

edit:i'll make some of the changes (the ones i considered) later after some testing i am about to go to school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)