NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always under the impression that the bodyguard at least would get a result if they successfully blocked a kill. Can More Cowbell confirm or deny this?
I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a bodyguard in this game, but they would always get a notification if they blocked a kill.

Also, regarding the post restrict, I had rather you double post than edit in the message, as that's the most transparent way.

Fate brings up an interesting point about Odd_Ghost being the only one that has used PokeNGuy. It's at least something to consider.

This von Spiffy argument is annoying, as they enjoy writing far too much and at least one of them is mafia.

vonFielder said:
And then there's Spiffy's oldest buddy Jalmont. Now, just in case people don't have the patience to remember or reread, suddenly Spiffy was the cleanest townie at the end of Day 2. Even though BT and I were the superstars of the HD lynch.
This is utter BS. BT was the MVP of the HD lynch. Looking back through the thread you barely did anything to actually get him voted out. Your contributions to the HD lynch are as follows. Post 842: you state that you are not opposed to this lynch. Post 907: You vote HD while saying you are waiting for BT's post. Post 969: Copy and Paste BT's post b/c apparently all are you were too dumb to read it the first time and had to be notified that this post had already occurred. This does not make you an all-star in this vote. Stop trying to say it does.

Honestly, while it seems completely absurd to me than I'm considering it a Spiffy von team is popping into my head. They have argued all game, but nothing ever came of it. But what it would do is make it so that if one of them got voted as mafia, the other was clear since they have literal pages of back and forth about assorted shit. I need to get more info on this though. Although it's interesting to note that despite pressing HD for a claim, as of post 884 Spiffy was against the HD lynch that occurred on Day 2.

Jalmont Can you please explain your vote on me, and if its just my result that I will ignore this. It was my result. I'll even post it again below this. If nobody else has gotten such a result, that sucks for me because I may die for it. But its information that could prove useful to people.

You were taken to The Fort this night, but you were safely returned in the morning.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You're right from now on I'll just ignore a bandwagon that ended in the lynch of a villager that sounds like a winning strategy. As for why I didn't vote for him, it was because I had not read Day 4 practically at all and did not feel comfortable casting a vote. Why do you keep bringing it to everyone's attention that you were one of the spearheads for the Haunted Diamond lynch? See I can do that too!!
I bring it up when someone else brings it up. Jalmont, your mafia partner, says you were the cleanest coming out of Day 2 when that's crap. Do I need to relink to the big post collecting quotes from players dissing your arguments and calling me village? Now that could have changed by now, I sure hope it hasn't cause that'd be inexplicable, but to say that YOU were the cleanest coming out of day 2, to speak for OTHER people (as is the point of theorizing why the mafia would kill you) and come up with that crap is worth addressing.

Tell me vonFiedler, why didn't you mention the possibility of me lying about BPV at all yesterday? Sure you mentioned it on Day 3 I think but that was in the context of you KNOWING I was the Courier which obviously is not the case. It's weird that you would drop it entirely last day in favor of (mis)lynching someone else. Now you come out GUNS A BLAZIN' like it's stupid that no one else suspects me.
Honestly? I meant to just before deadline/hammer. I meant to make a big post about how, if I died that night cause I'd have taken 2 mafia at this point, not to completely trust you. But I had work to go to about the same time, and it slipped my mind. It seems a lot more plausible than you not posting at all for a whole day cycle, except to say that you would (and didn't). And really that'd have been egg on my face anyway, so no harm done.

We're coming down the wire, and we can't have people just giving you a pass. You argued that HD couldn't be given a pass by soft claiming. I just don't want people to have passes.

Now I'm GUNS A BLAZIN' when you come in and ask everyone to claim, even though the mafia role cop died after a single night. And because I see you and Jalmont supporting each other and making boastful, implicating statements.

This is utter BS. BT was the MVP of the HD lynch. Looking back through the thread you barely did anything to actually get him voted out. Your contributions to the HD lynch are as follows. Post 842: you state that you are not opposed to this lynch. Post 907: You vote HD while saying you are waiting for BT's post. Post 969: Copy and Paste BT's post b/c apparently all are you were too dumb to read it the first time and had to be notified that this post had already occurred. This does not make you an all-star in this vote. Stop trying to say it does.
You know, I wasn't the first at the start of day 3 to say that my involvement in that lynch made me town. But whatever, either way you seem to grossly skimming what actually went on.

For starters, my involvement with the HD lynch began on Day 1. When after Spiffy wimped out on the HD lynch and went after Cancerous, I was one of the only people struggling to keep that lynch going. I pointed out how weak the Cancerous lynch was and kept my vote on HD. Moving on...

"HD has made absolutely no headway in making himself less scummy."

This is just one massive post giving arguments as to how people should approach the "will he/won't he" HD soft claim issue. I argued that if he acted scummy, and he was, we shouldn't be held hostage by a soft claim he wasn't going to go through with. I repeated this argument many times, as I will illustrate.

"Other than that, I would not be against an HD lynch. Tbh, I have a sneaking suspicion that HD is mafia and that Spiffy is Courier"

"It's noteworthy that now HD has jumped on the lynch as well, when he did the same with Cancerous. If Jalmont flips scum today, I think no one will have second thoughts about lynching HD tomorrow."

List HD again in my short scum list.

Now we're caught up. But I'd have you look closer at my involvement in the lynch late day 2. ButteredToast posts a massive quoted post that even I miss initially. He doesn't even post to lynch HD to call attention to it.

For just about a day, the only people who join him and vote for HD are you and me. Meanwhile, people pile onto Sunny004 and PokeguyNXB all three have three votes.

When I post BT's quote, there is a sudden landslide of votes against HD, and HD omgusing me. Wait, what's this?

Mithril said:
Von voted you like two pages ago and has been saying the whole day that he'd get behind a vote on you...so I'm not sure why you think its a change of heart.
Oh, that's sweet of you. I don't know why you are now actively contradicting yourself mind you, but past Mithril was kind of a dear.

BT meant well, but he'd never have gotten HD lynched. He built the gun, I fired it. If you had done the same thing, and you could have as you directed me to the quote post, would you not have looked a great deal more town?

And finally, even if BT was more town than me, he was still more town than Spiffy. So my point in unchanged.

I realize it's an exhausting long game but please do your research in detail before calling bullshit on someone.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
My arguments against Spiffy assumed that, like in the vast majority of smog mafia, people aren't notified if their hook/doctor/etc. succeeds, only if it fails. While the host confirmations, and thank you for clearing things up, change that, I would be the stick in the mud and advice caution against thinking the PR is village. It's all WIFOMY, but not using PR is as good as using it IMO. But think about it this way; if a villager is PR, then they have been doing nothing but fuck with the village. Cause it's either Odd Ghost, and I'm not sure why Odd Ghost would give that PR, or it's someone wanting us to think that it's Odd Ghost, hence the fucking with.

Either way, at this rate I might have to get behind an Odd Ghost lynch.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Considering the notification rules in this game, I am assuming that getting that message doesn't necessitate that you are a power role. But I guess use your discretion. It's a minor theory I'm working on, but I'm very curious about it.

I don't understand how it's crap for me to believe Spiffy was the cleanest going into day 2 but ok I guess. I don't think I ever said Spiffy was "the" cleanest, but I certainly believe he looked a lot better as a result (and I would've as mafia killed him tbh). scumSpiffy doesn't push HD on the role thing which is was the main reason I thought he looked good. I don't think there's any point in arguing who looks the "best" as the result of the lynch so yea you can have that, but it's not dumb to say that Spiffy definitely was one of the most "clean" users after that lynch.

I don't think it's arguable as to how Spiffy did not improve as a result of this lynch, to believe otherwise (and your insistence of pushing a Spiffy lynch for whatever reason) speaks more to your personal biases than any objective fact.

Lol we've already been over this you didn't "struggle" to keep the vote off Cancerous but w/e

I don't understand why it's so important to you to get credit for the lynch. I (and I think most other people) all agreed you were behind the HD lynch. No one is taking credit away from you for that. Your odd insistence on bringing up what presumably was a dead topic is nonsensical at this point considering it's only relevance is to fit this strange narrative against me/Spiffy that is continually changing by the day. If this was such a damning link between Spiffy and I, why not bring it up earlier???

I'm tempted to vote von but idk right now.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I don't understand why it's so important to you to get credit for the lynch. I (and I think most other people) all agreed you were behind the HD lynch. No one is taking credit away from you for that. Your odd insistence on bringing up what presumably was a dead topic is nonsensical at this point considering it's only relevance is to fit this strange narrative against me/Spiffy that is continually changing by the day. If this was such a damning link between Spiffy and I, why not bring it up earlier???
I specifically said after the HD lynch that it WASN'T important. But suddenly the narrative is changing, what with you calling Spiffy most town as of Day 2 (and not more town, MOST) and now Mithril abruptly changing his stance on whether I contributed or not. When days later a dead topic starts getting revisioned, yeah, that's not something to let go.

"narrative that is continually changing". Where did I change it? In the less than two hours and single page in which I was arguing that, when did my position change? Only the host ended up saying anything of merit, sharing how notifications work. Since then I've dropped it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I guess that'd be more apparent with an
Unvote

Still very interested to see if anyone else has been "taken to the fort", as if anyone would get that notification regardless of whether they have a power role or not, why has no one else ever said anything about it?

How exactly has the narrative changed so suddenly? If the narrative changed day 2 why didn't you bring that up on day 2? You care a lot about "revisionism" but the only thing that seems to have really changed is your timing to bring up the topic (my stance certainly hasn't changed). Mithril "abruptly changing stance" (whether that is true or not) only occurred...after you brought up taking credit for the HD lynch (which itself occurred as a result of you deciding that me declaring Spiffy to be village was akin to confessing to being mafia. What?)

In any case, I think Spiffy is "most" town for a variety of reasons, reasons which include more than just "he was part of the group that lynched HD." I don't particularly care as to who looked "best" from HD's lynch, as that doesn't really matter (since one cannot definitely determine alignment from a single action), although it seems as if you care. I have already discussed at length why I believe your play is detrimental to the village (which is part of the reason why I was not surprised to see you nightkilled).

By "changing narrative" I am referring to the game as a whole in which you keep finding terrible reasons to believe that me and Spiffy are not village. You seem to be putting an awful amount of effort in conjuring evidence (for any specific period of time) that we are mafia in my opinion.

Just to make myself clear, you obviously were not opposed to the HD vote. Hell, you voted for him second. All my post is trying to say is that you weren't some savior that guided us to a mafia vote. BT did all the hard work. You were always weary of HD...so was I. You copied and pasted his post...after I told you that you had missed it. But I'm not trying to say I was the leader of that vote, I'm just trying to say that you weren't either, and calling yourself one of the superstars of that vote is very disingenuous.

Regardless, the flavor does seem to read as a Mafia Hook, which could lead to the possible existence of a village post restrictor, despite how strange that seems to me. But it does lead credence to the existence of the BPV, since at most we would have a Watcher, a Bodyguard, and an Inspector...which I still doubt us having both.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
If you guys think that for some reason Mafia Hooker means Village Post Restrictor, then I really want you to help me make sense of the PR's actions. Why did he make his Night 1 Post Restrict? Why did he make this one? What does the village gain by it? It seems to suggest that the PR is Odd Ghost, and if he isn't then it's anti-village to suggest so. But Odd Ghost was previously very against Pokeguy, so why would he change his opinion? And if he did, why wouldn't he just say it here?

I'm not saying that I think it's worth reading too far into a mafia pr. Just that as a village pr it doesn't make much sense.

If I'm wrong, do you guys think that the mafia actually has a Post Restrictor AND an Announcer? Cause I highly doubt it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the village and the mafia could have a hooker each, i do not believe that the post restrictor is village
for the record i have never been taken to the fort, since my action is posted as soon as either host gets online i do not think you could hook me anyway

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ugh, this is confusing. von is getting into so many arguments with Jalmont and now Spiffy, neither really accomplishing anything. von's trying to lynch Spiffy (but is also prepared to "settle for an Odd Ghost vote" any time!) but Spiffy is assumed village thaks to BPV. Despite having played so scummily/badly all game, we're pretty much stuck with him.

I'm tired of von's antics though. His arguments never accomplish anything and he just seems to argue over the most trivial things!
Unvote: Odd Ghost
Vote: vomFiedler

Disappoimted that Odd Ghost hasn't posted yet though...

vonFiedler please explain to me how me apparently being off your scum radar means that Jalmont is not your next choice. I was under the impression that we were your top two scum reads but you said you're willing to lynch Odd Ghost over him.

Trying to get an easy target out I see!?!?!?!?!?

"PokeNGuy is always right"

Also it's basically confirmed that Odd Ghost is not the post restrictor since he hasn't been on since Thursday.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
vonFiedler please explain to me how me apparently being off your scum radar means that Jalmont is not your next choice. I was under the impression that we were your top two scum reads but you said you're willing to lynch Odd Ghost over him.
Jalmont was my choice because I felt you two were a team. I don't so much think he's mafia on his own, and it's clear Amainki only ever thought that cause he was the wild card.

Trying to get an easy target out I see!?!?!?!?!?
Have I voted for him? Didn't you want to lynch him? You need to stop taking every little thing so personally. I don't have the host sheet in front of me, and I was not aware of how notifications work in this game. Being wrong does not mean my reasoning wasn't sound. You're just being a cockbag because no matter how many times I accuse you of OMGUS you never actually put a seconds thought into your ridiculous behavior.

Also it's basically confirmed that Odd Ghost is not the post restrictor since he hasn't been on since Thursday.
New information as of an hour ago. Here I am just posting to try to get people to think about what they are saying, as a lot of assumptions were flying around about mafia makeup and who the pr is, and somehow you take that and like a shark trying to make up for his inadequately small penis flail and bite blindly.

What are YOUR thoughts on Odd Ghost now? Want to actually contribute for once in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)