Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scyther is one I can think of. Or Carbink.
Scyther is hell, but it is nothing compared to hunting for mixed Durant/Heatmor hordes in the hope that a female Heatmor with it's HA appears and the Durant don't kill it before you can catch it.

Carbink might be an idea, but it isn't hard to DexNav Minun/Plusle with their HA.

Scyther is hell, but it is nothing compared to hunting for mixed Durant/Heatmor hordes in the hope that a female Heatmor with it's HA appears and the Durant don't kill it before you can catch it.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I guess Zangoose/Seviper are annoying as well (though Zangoose is common enough and Seviper can be gotten from FS). Why don't you just Heat Wave them? Only Heatmor should live.

For Minun/Plusle, I meant X or Y. They are terrible there. Low encounter rate. =X

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I guess Zangoose/Seviper are annoying as well (though Zangoose is common enough and Seviper can be gotten from FS). Why don't you just Heat Wave them? Only Heatmor should live.
Well, Heat Wave is actually a good idea. I think I'll try that.

Zangoose/Seviper and everything else that is available in ORAS is fairly easy to catch with HA imo. Thanks to DexNav.

Well, Heat Wave is actually a good idea. I think I'll try that.

Zangoose/Seviper and everything else that is available in ORAS is fairly easy to catch with HA imo. Thanks to DexNav.
Right, my mindset is still too much focused on XY lol so I forgot about that. Assuming Trevenants attack Sudo, what about HA Sudowodoo? =P

Glad I could help. =)

In common parlance, does wanting 5IVs refer to 5 31s, or just having 5 appropriate stats? E.g. is asking for a 5iv pokemon with HP fighting for Trick Room a nonsense statement that deserves a correction, or does/should it mean a 31/x/30/30/30/0 spread?

Just wondering.
(Also, I'm wondering what it is you guys do when you want to SR for a legendary in a particular ball. I mean... do you actually go through all the trouble of catching a Pokemon with a non-masterball, only to reset them a bazillion times in order to get the right one? Or is there some trick I'm missing besides Catching Power?)

In common parlance, does wanting 5IVs refer to 5 31s, or just having 5 appropriate stats? E.g. is asking for a 5iv pokemon with HP fighting for Trick Room a nonsense statement that deserves a correction, or does/should it mean a 31/x/30/30/30/0 spread?

Just wondering.
(Also, I'm wondering what it is you guys do when you want to SR for a legendary in a particular ball. I mean... do you actually go through all the trouble of catching a Pokemon with a non-masterball, only to reset them a bazillion times in order to get the right one? Or is there some trick I'm missing besides Catching Power?)
5 IV usually refers to 5 31s in relevant stats.
IVs for pokemon with a HP are specifically mentioned or just called "flawless HP Ice" or something similar.

Catching power, sleep, and 1 HP help.

Edit: YES, I beat y'all. MWUAHAHAHAHAHA

An Opinion Question about the Flygon moveset:
Do you think the Stone Edge is more Useful than the Defog?

Personally, I would say it usually depends on the situation when it comes to battling.

Also, my reason for asking is because I wasn't able to teach PoJ's Vibrava the Defog attack before I transferred it to the Pokemon B/W than the X/Y game (which is a big mistake).

(Sigh)... I just wish I thought about teaching it Defog before I transferred it. :(

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/flygon/

Just wondering.
Typically the term "5 IVs" means the Pokemon has stats optimal for whatever set it's being asked to run: if you ask for a 5 IV mon, it's expected to be 31's in everything relevant; 5 IV Trick Room is 4 31's and a 0, etc. The multitude of possible spreads makes Hidden Power a bit harder to determine properly.

As for Soft Resetting, the typical method is as you say for the actual capture, but there are methods to narrow down mons with imperfect HP and speed using Final Gambit and a "one under" method, respectively.

Just wondering.
Relevant attacking/defensive stats, so your interpretation of the spread is correct. With regards to the second question, check this out: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/soft-resetting-guide-pokémon-xy-and-oras-mewtwo-added.3523818/. But more or less, yes, we're that f*cking crazy

Just wondering.
Just saying "5IV" isn't really specific, but it does generally refer to 5x31's in the appropriate stats. Saying something like "5IV HP Ice spread" is... well, you're better off saying 31/e/30/31/31/31. Listing specific IVs is always your best bet.

And your second question, yes, we go through all the trouble. Catch power 3 + Sleep + 1 HP isn't that bad, but you can still find yourself out 60 primeir balls. The end result is worth it tho IMO

greninja'd ;_;

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LF An HP ice ditto.

FT Check my spitback list in my thread. We can work something out.
I can give you a HP Ice Ditto if you don't mind it being English.

Just wondering.
It's context dependent (which is a large part of why it's strongly discouraged to use such terminology when conducting trades, and is against the rules to do so in trade threads). To avoid confusion just list the IVs normally.

Just wondering.
To answer your first question, 5 IVs usually refers to 5 '31' IVs and assumes they are in the right place, unless it is specified it is a 5IV spitback. Regarding HP, you would usually just say, "hey, I'd like a 31/x/30/30/30/0 HP fighting TR _______". You woudnt just say "5 IV" in that case because it's too vague.

OMG ninja'd by like.. everyone :P

Looking for the following English Dittos, natures don't matter. CMT for them and PM/VM me please:

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Personally, I would say it usually depends on the situation when it comes to battling.

Also, my reason for asking is because I wasn't able to teach PoJ's Vibrava the Defog attack before I transferred it to the Pokemon B/W than the X/Y game (which is a big mistake).

(Sigh)... I just wish I thought about teaching it Defog before I transferred it. :(

for the 2nd question, the user Buckert made an awesome soft reset guide. you use capture level 3, then have a pokemon with 1hp less than the mon youre trying to catch if it has a 31 hp stat. then you use a smeargle with 1 speed point less than that legendary if it were to have 31. this way, you can reset if the mon fails either the hp or speed test , to save time not catching a pokemon with shitty stats. so if it passes the test, you know its got perfect Hp and speed (barring a speed tie at a 29IV)

for the 2nd question, the user Buckert made an awesome soft reset guide. you use capture level 3, then have a pokemon with 1hp less than the mon youre trying to catch if it has a 31 hp stat. then you use a smeargle with 1 speed point less than that legendary if it were to have 31. this way, you can reset if the mon fails either the hp or speed test , to save time not catching a pokemon with shitty stats. so if it passes the test, you know its got perfect Hp and speed (barring a speed tie at a 29IV)
You replied to the wrong person....

hehe... I think you're replied to the wrong person.

Personally I think that stone edge is great because most flygons run a choice band or choice scarf. But personally I would run neither and go with rock slide.

Edit: sure thing glad I was able to help:)

Last edited:
Still looking for a HA Spritzee ♀ in a Heal Ball. IVs, Natures don't matter.

Or if anyone has a Friend Safari with Spritzee I don't mind doing the hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)