General Introduce yourself!

Hi guys,
My name is Amber, im 16(17 in a few weeks), and I started playing pokemon around the time of ruby/sapphire. I mostly just played with my brothers and friends and just got into competitive pokemon rather recently with showdown.
My other favorite games include Super Smash Bros. Melee(Fox ftw) and Ocarina of Time and as far as TV goes, I don't really watch many shows anymore albeit The Flash is awesome.
Im also kinda new to forums in general, but i hope to stick around :)
Hello Amber and welcome to Smogon! Smogon is just a great community and I would love to know what tiers you like to play. Like what QueBien, my homie, was saying, you can PM any of us (QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, chester0334) by pressing on our profiles and clicking "Start a Conversation" if you have any questions, wanna just talk, or wanna play some good old Pokémans I happen to play all tiers but my favorites are VGC, OU, NU, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, and Ubers

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello, I'm somewhat new, and I've been playing since the Red/Blue days. I'd like to get more into the metagame, preferably UU and both singles and doubles OU.
Hi Chiyuri Kitashirakawa!
It's always nice to meet an original player! For a start to UU and OU, I would suggest visiting their subforums here at Smogon and read over the recent discussions about the metagame. Take a look at their Showdown rooms to get involved with the community, and once you've gotten educated sufficiently, you can join in on the discussions if you'd like! You can learn much from both observing and participating in the discussions. If you have any questions, check out the Questions threads or PM me, chester0334, TheHoodedGamer, or Fluke. I hope you have fun here! :)

Hey there! I'm jacky253 and I'm a HUGE pokemon fan! Been playing ever since I bought a used leaf green game for 4$ (Happy to say it was one of the best purchases in my life!) and have been hooked ever since. A friend introduced me to showdown about 6/7 months ago and since then I have seen a whole new side to pokemon. I have been competitively battling for around 6 months and I love it! I play mostly OU and anything goes but I love me some VGC. Been using smogon as a resource for a long time and now I want to give back to the community. I hope to expand my knowledge on battling as well as make some new friends!

Hey there! I'm jacky253 and I'm a HUGE pokemon fan! Been playing ever since I bought a used leaf green game for 4$ (Happy to say it was one of the best purchases in my life!) and have been hooked ever since. A friend introduced me to showdown about 6/7 months ago and since then I have seen a whole new side to pokemon. I have been competitively battling for around 6 months and I love it! I play mostly OU and anything goes but I love me some VGC. Been using smogon as a resource for a long time and now I want to give back to the community. I hope to expand my knowledge on battling as well as make some new friends!
Hello jacky253 and welcome to Smogon! I also love VGC and OU and maybe we could battle sometimes. If you have any questions, than you can goto the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread or you could pm me, QueBien, Fluke, chester0334. You could also PM me if you wanna just talk or battle.

Hello, I'm somewhat new, and I've been playing since the Red/Blue days. I'd like to get more into the metagame, preferably UU and both singles and doubles OU.
Welcome to smogon. As the user said I can help out. I know a decent amount about the UU metagame and have played a decent amount in the UU metagame so if you need help feel free to message me.

y0 guys Reiddos here. I sorta came upon this site because of my love for the battlefrontier on Emerald and my desire to learn more about competitive move sets and EV's which could help me finish the Battle Frontier (mission success).
I registered and play in the Ladder Tours and made a few friends one called Tom Bus who helped me sorta pick up OU. It's always been my dream to get waaayy more involved in this gaming society and have really wanted someone to tutor me in ou :))).
But yeh anyway gday haha :)

y0 guys Reiddos here. I sorta came upon this site because of my love for the battlefrontier on Emerald and my desire to learn more about competitive move sets and EV's which could help me finish the Battle Frontier (mission success).
I registered and play in the Ladder Tours and made a few friends one called Tom Bus who helped me sorta pick up OU. It's always been my dream to get waaayy more involved in this gaming society and have really wanted someone to tutor me in ou :))).
But yeh anyway gday haha :)
I'm on my phone so I can't tag any users. However, I wanted to say welcome and that I would be glad to help out. I'm pretty familiar with OU however, my favorite tier is easily RU. I hope you have a awesome time on smogon and like I said message me if you need something battling wise or message a few of the other users that posted just a while ago:)

I'm on my phone so I can't tag any users. However, I wanted to say welcome and that I would be glad to help out. I'm pretty familiar with OU however, my favorite tier is easily RU. I hope you have a awesome time on smogon and like I said message me if you need something battling wise or message a few of the other users that posted just a while ago:)
Thanks man :)).
I'm hoping that with a bit of help i'll be able to start playing in some of the ou tours and getting a bit of rep so i can represent aus in the WCOP :))

Hey everyone! I'm John (Jbear in game) and I starred playing pokemon in gen 2gold version and completed the design silver minus mew and celebi when I was 8. I'm happy to trade or battle at any time so add me if you like. I have a nice supply of good hatched pokemon for friends :) happy to be here and nice to meet you all.

FC: 3453-9998-8820

Hey everyone! I'm John (Jbear in game) and I starred playing pokemon in gen 2gold version and completed the design silver minus mew and celebi when I was 8. I'm happy to trade or battle at any time so add me if you like. I have a nice supply of good hatched pokemon for friends :) happy to be here and nice to meet you all.

Sup man! Welcome to Smogon. Gold is definitely my all time favorite Pokémon game. If you're into trading and doing/taking favors, you should definitely check out [URL=http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-requests-mark-46-minor-pokemon-trades-item-requests-etc-go-here-no-hacking.3530127/]this thread.[/URL] You can also always hit me up for a battle or two. I'm mostly on Wi-Fi, but I play Pokémon Showdown! too. My favorite tiers are NU, RU and UU, but I like Ubers too.

:)

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Hey there, Golfgod77!
Welcome to the forums! I started in Generation 3 but didn't really put too much thought into finishing the Pokedex because I was still figuring out the basics. However, in XY, I did come pretty close, and I had all legendaries except for Shaymin and Jirachi. Take a look at the Wi-Fi forum to find other users who'd like to battle and trade with you, and even help you with breeding if you're into that. If you need help, check out the Help form. Otherwise, have a great time here!

Edit: ninja'd

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks man :)).
I'm hoping that with a bit of help i'll be able to start playing in some of the ou tours and getting a bit of rep so i can represent aus in the WCOP :))
Probably might not make it in this year but if you practice a load you're likely to get in next year. :) This year's captain is pretty nice so he might be able to help you out in terms of skills and stuff after the tournament and you'll at least know what he's looking for in terms of skills. It's generally pretty unlikely that a brand new person is going to get in straight away (because there's a lot of ocn vets playing this year). But yeah it's good that you're finally getting more involved in Smogon this time around (more like...third-ish time but still!) c:

Welcome to smogon Golfgod77 and welcome to Smogon! I loved Gen 2 and I was wondering what tiers you play. Also, if you have any questions, than you can goto the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread or PM me, Fluke, QueBien, or chester0334.
EDIT: Sniped

Last edited:
Howdy Everyone! Im CurryNoodles and Ive been playing showdown for about 2 years now and Im trying to become a more active contributor to this site as well as on showdown and help people build teams. Im also eager to learn more about team building as well as set building as I feel Im only getting started in full understanding how it all works

Howdy Everyone! Im CurryNoodles and Ive been playing showdown for about 2 years now and Im trying to become a more active contributor to this site as well as on showdown and help people build teams. Im also eager to learn more about team building as well as set building as I feel Im only getting started in full understanding how it all works
Hello Curry_Noodles and welcome to Smogon! it's relatively easy to get involved into he community (look at me, 139 posts in 5 months) and if you want, we could play sometimes. Also, if you have any questions, than you can go to the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread, you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, or chester0334. Have a great time within the Smogon community!

Last edited:
Probably might not make it in this year but if you practice a load you're likely to get in next year. :) This year's captain is pretty nice so he might be able to help you out in terms of skills and stuff after the tournament and you'll at least know what he's looking for in terms of skills. It's generally pretty unlikely that a brand new person is going to get in straight away (because there's a lot of ocn vets playing this year). But yeah it's good that you're finally getting more involved in Smogon this time around (more like...third-ish time but still!) c:
Yeh that makes sense :)).
Either way ill still be cheering for them. I just really want to start getting involved so i was thinking also of maybe trying to sign up to the mentoring program or finding a mentor :))

Hello, I'm Mazales. I used to play pokemon when I was 3, and then I had a 2 year break due to the fact somebody stole my 3DS. My favorite pokemon is Wooper. I signed up for this so I could find help to get me unmuted. My friend decided it would be a great idea to go on my account while he was muted, and he already knew what the outcome would be, but he did it anyways. So if anyone could help out, that would be great, because I don't know where, how, or even if I can post about it. :/

Hello, I'm Mazales. I used to play pokemon when I was 3, and then I had a 2 year break due to the fact somebody stole my 3DS. My favorite pokemon is Wooper. I signed up for this so I could find help to get me unmuted. My friend decided it would be a great idea to go on my account while he was muted, and he already knew what the outcome would be, but he did it anyways. So if anyone could help out, that would be great, because I don't know where, how, or even if I can post about it. :/
I'm assuming you got muted on showdown? The best way to get unmuted is probably to help out others on this site.

Either ways welcome to smogon I'm a little curios to know how you got muted so if you would care to explain why not try to pm me. In order to do that simply click my username and start a conversation.

Hey,

So I'm Joseph, a rather experienced pokemon player, but also inexperienced. That is to say I have been playing since the release of Platinum, but have only just started preparing a competitive team. I only got a 3DS this April, so it's taken a while for me to get used to all the changes (I've not missed a generation, but two years out of it has really affected my playing). I came here to seek answers. About life, and why my Pokémon are winning on Battle Spot Free Battle but I have never won a ratings battle. And also for a bit of banter. I registered a couple of weeks ago but forgot to post as my phone doesn't like smogon forums... or maybe I wasn't pressing it properly. Either way, I've been active on a fair few forums none-Pokémon related, I also beta test Euro Truck Simulator 2, I photograph trucks and buses, and like cars :D I generally go by my real name on forums. Even though technically you're not supposed to. My claim to fame, I don't have one. Apart from an Arceus event. And a Darkrai. And some shinies. (Oshawott Masuda Method after 3 eggs.)

Also, a hypothetical cookie to who can guess what my profile picture is. (Hint: It's a car). If you're on a hypothetical diet, you can have a hypothetical protein shake or something hypothetically disgusting like that.

Finally (even though this should have gone before but I just remember) I like using Pokémon that nobody else uses (read: rubbish Pokémon found on the first route of the game), and I also like metal \m/

Hey,

So I'm Joseph, a rather experienced pokemon player, but also inexperienced. That is to say I have been playing since the release of Platinum, but have only just started preparing a competitive team. I only got a 3DS this April, so it's taken a while for me to get used to all the changes (I've not missed a generation, but two years out of it has really affected my playing). I came here to seek answers. About life, and why my Pokémon are winning on Battle Spot Free Battle but I have never won a ratings battle. And also for a bit of banter. I registered a couple of weeks ago but forgot to post as my phone doesn't like smogon forums... or maybe I wasn't pressing it properly. Either way, I've been active on a fair few forums none-Pokémon related, I also beta test Euro Truck Simulator 2, I photograph trucks and buses, and like cars :D I generally go by my real name on forums. Even though technically you're not supposed to. My claim to fame, I don't have one. Apart from an Arceus event. And a Darkrai. And some shinies. (Oshawott Masuda Method after 3 eggs.)

Also, a hypothetical cookie to who can guess what my profile picture is. (Hint: It's a car). If you're on a hypothetical diet, you can have a hypothetical protein shake or something hypothetically disgusting like that.

Finally (even though this should have gone before but I just remember) I like using Pokémon that nobody else uses (read: rubbish Pokémon found on the first route of the game), and I also like metal \m/
Hi welcome to smogon. The difference between a rating battle and a free for all is normally people on rating actually play very competitively and have pokemon that have perfect IVs. I hope you enjoy smogon and if you ever just wanted to talk or needed help you can always message me or TheHoodedGamer, QueBien, or Fluke. Hope you enjoy smogon.

chester0334 Thanks for the welcome :D No wonder I was getting thrashed on Battle Spot. (I keep typing sport...) I've just about figured Natures & EVs out. Breeding for flawless Pokémon... that's going to take a bit of learning.

chester0334 Thanks for the welcome :D No wonder I was getting thrashed on Battle Spot. (I keep typing sport...) I've just about figured Natures & EVs out. Breeding for flawless Pokémon... that's going to take a bit of learning.
Most has a ditto that he gives away which would help you for breeding and I giveaway spitbacks so there a start. The simple questions and simple answers thread in the wifi forum have nice people who can help you out also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)