ORAS UU A quick throw-together team

Hi there everyone. The team shown in this thread was made randomly to try a few Pokemon out, mostly ones that I hadn't gotten much usage out of before. The team itself is pretty enjoyable, but at the same time, I feel like it could be better, so I would love to see whatever feedback you may have. Here's the team:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

This is pretty much your average Galvantula lead set. The main purpose of this set, as with most Galvantula, is to set up the Sticky Web, sponge a hit with the Focus Sash, and do some damage before it faints. If Galvantula would survive without the Sash, however, then I would tend to switch out and see if I can use the spider again later. The last move slot could be used for any of Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, HP Ice/Fire/Ground, or Energy Ball, but I went with Giga Drain to potentially gain some HP back just in case the Sash is still in tact.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 52 HP / 236 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Steel Wing
- Roost

This set is a bit of an odd choice for Honchkrow, but it can get the job done pretty well with the right support. The EV spread on this Honchkrow set allows it to outspeed a decent number of threats in conjunction with Sticky Web, and it still puts out a decent amount of damage with the Life Orb. Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, and Roost are pretty generic moves for Honchkrow, and I chose Steel Wing over Superpower for the last move for Fairy types. Also, once he kills a few Pokemon and gets Moxie boosts, it becomes very hard for opposing Pokemon (that don't have monstrous physical defense) to tank a hit.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 48 Atk / 64 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

One might look at this Donphan's moves and think it's a generic set, but then come the EVs and nature. My goal with this Donphan set was to make sure it could tank a few Special hits, possibly without having to rely on Sturdy. Granted, since Donphan is my Rapid Spinner, it's likely to have its Sturdy broken upon switching in, but the Leftovers can usually help with that, especially if Donphan can force a switch. Spinning away hazards can also be useful for Galvantula, provided its Sash is still in tact, as the spider is weak to Stealth Rocks.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Lucario does a lot of what Honchkrow does, but with Special Attacks. The basis of this set is simple: set up a Nasty Plot and proceed to destroy a lot of Pokemon. Flash Cannon and Aura Sphere are there as good STAB attacks, while Shadow Ball is for more neutral coverage. I could've also gone with Dark Pulse or Vacuum Wave in place of Shadow Ball, but at the time, I felt like Shadow Ball would be more useful. I wouldn't be opposed to trying out Vacuum Wave, though, just to have more for priority than Donphan's Ice Shard.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Scald

The team's cleric, and it really brings a lot of this team together. Wish and Heal Bell are the moves that keep my team living for a while. Vaporeon can also use these moves for itself so it can support the rest of the team for a longer period of time. Scald and Toxic are the average moves used to whittle the opposition down. Normally, I have Protect in place of Heal Bell, but I try to have Heal Bell/Aromatherapy support on just about every team I make.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Cursed Body --> Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Banette is on this team because I felt a need for two things: a Mega and a good Physical Ghost type. Having Prankster upon Mega evolving is particularly helpful for whittling a team down, especially in conjunction with Vaporeon, who is my team's only source of status conditions. The priority Destiny Bond is especially fun to use when a Pokemon thinks it's about to KO Banette.

And there's the team. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, and have an awesome day!

Last edited:
Your team is very slow, despite having sticky webs.. and lucario needs vacuum wave if you even think about going the special route. You also have a big nidoqueen weakness because you dont have a solid switchin, at all and she outspeeds your entire team bar lucario/galvantula, neither of which severly dent her. Personally I would replace mega banette with calm mind +2 attacks cresselia. Banette doesnt seem to serve a particular purpose on your team and cresselia would give you a wincon. Protect is kinda mandatory on wish tect vaporeon and your team doesnt seem to be status prone, but i still would replace toxic with protect.

Your team is very slow, despite having sticky webs.. and lucario needs vacuum wave if you even think about going the special route. You also have a big nidoqueen weakness because you dont have a solid switchin, at all and she outspeeds your entire team bar lucario/galvantula, neither of which severly dent her. Personally I would replace mega banette with calm mind +2 attacks cresselia. Banette doesnt seem to serve a particular purpose on your team and cresselia would give you a wincon. Protect is kinda mandatory on wish tect vaporeon and your team doesnt seem to be status prone, but i still would replace toxic with protect.
I do agree that my team is pretty slow, which is where the Sticky Web usually comes into play. I made the changes you suggested in your reply. And I did notice the Nidoqueen weakness, so I appreciate your input!

Edit: Cress is already a significant upgrade over Banette. It's got the extra tankiness and security against the Nidos that I didn't know I needed until making this RMT.

Last edited:
1. Honchkrow doesn't need Steelwing because brave bird donks most relevant faries anyways. Try either pursuit or heat wave over it. Heat wave deals with troublesome steel types while pursuit lets you come in on a weakened mon for an easy moxie boost
2. Lucario needs prioirity in the form of Vacuum-wave. Lucario is too slow to sweep effectively and needs something to hit faster threats.
3. On vaporeon run protect over toxic because otherwise you have no way of guaranteeing the health back to vaporeon. Threats can just attack you the turn after wish to ko you whereas protect keeps you alive and safely keeps the boost.
It looks like you've implemented cresselia which is also a good fit imo.

Hope I helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)