Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

I see face hunter everywhere. It's cheap, it's powerful, and it's actually pretty good. I just built it, minus a couple cards. But, like I said, it's everywhere. It is a hyper aggressive deck and will either win quick or lose. I'm quite the beginner as well, so I can't really offer much more than this.

I've tried that deck. I personally cant play it, not in my play style in the slightest. Thank you very much for the recommendation though.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I used to play Oil Rogue pretty much exclusively, and now it's terrible against literally every deck being played on ladder:
Patron Warrior, Control Warrior, Handlock, Demonzoo, Highmane "Hybrid" Hunter (holy shit fuck freezing trap oh my god)

and I'm #sadboys, and playing control warrior and handlock like everyone else

For good cheap decks, Patron Warrior is a fun and cheap combo deck.

however, patron warrior requires the first wing of brm and like the 4th wing of naxx.
oil rogue is pretty cheap imo, cos you can get non-legendary replacements, like kobold for thalnos imo, and you got vancleef so that's a plus.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
however, patron warrior requires the first wing of brm and like the 4th wing of naxx.
oil rogue is pretty cheap imo, cos you can get non-legendary replacements, like kobold for thalnos imo, and you got vancleef so that's a plus.
This is one of the biggest mistakes that you can make as Oil Rogue. Geomancer doesn't replace what Thalnos does (cantrip a card with pressure on the board, his pressure being spell power) if you're going to replace a card with Thalnos then it's going to be Loot Hoarder if anything. You already have spell power with Drakes, and they're much stickier.

Is oil rogue any good in current meta? It doesn't look like it to me but I have only played it in the past when it was first popular so I wouldn't know.

Oil Rogue should be favored against Patron, 50/50 against Zoo and Handlock, slightly unfavored against Hybrid Hunter. It's pretty good in the meta.

Aggro Mage is a pretty cheap deck, Budget Zoo without the demon core is still really cheap, although you need both adventures (that's true for almost every deck, though), Mech Shaman can be cheap, Midrange Druid only requires 3 epics, Patron Warrior is cheap, control Priests can be made budget pretty easily.

Oil Rogue is a relatively cheap competitive deck, but it's not a deck that can really be made cheaper. You're better off using one of the other decks I mentioned.

So yeah, tell me if you have Naxx/BRM, and which of these decks you're interested in, I can give you a competitive list probably under 1500 dust: Control Priest, Zoo Warlock, Combo Warrior, Mech Shaman, Mech Mage, Aggro Mage, Midrange Druid.

I have neither quest but have the ability to buy the first wing of either. I've been thinking about buying first wing of naxx so I can make a zoo deck but then first wing of brm has grim patron for combo warrior. I have a relatively decent priest deck that I'm satisfied with. So hook me up with a list of either of those, doesn't matter which. MUCH THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GUYS <3

You can go without the last wing of Naxx, it only has Shade of Naxxramas, KT, and Avenge, and the first two see play, but they're not staples. The fourth wing, though, has Zombie Chow, Mad Scientist, Death's Bite, and Dark Cultist, which are all amazing cards that are either staples in their classes or used in multiple decks. Naxx is a lot more important than BRM, I can easily give you lists that don't need the latter.

This Control Priest costs 2740 dust (including Vol'jin, which you have) so really 1140.
2 Circle of Healing
2 Light of the Naaru
2 Power Word: Shield
2 Northshire Cleric
2 Zombie Chow
2 Wild Pyromancer
1 Shadow Word: Death
2 Velen's Chosen
2 Dark Cultist
2 Injured Blademaster
1 Shadow Madness
2 Auchenai Soulpriest
1 Holy Nova
2 Sludge Belcher
1 Vol'jin
2 Temple Enforcer
2 Mind Control

This Zoolock deck costs 1400, and requires the first 2 wings of Naxx, but the only card from wing 2 is Loatheb, so you could use something like Void Terror in place of him. I'd recommend that you get the first wing of Naxx, play this deck without Loatheb, and use it to grind gold to get wings 2-4.
2 Power Overwhelming
2 Abusive Sergeant
2 Argent Squire
2 Flame Imp
2 Voidwalker
2 Dire Wolf Alpha
2 Haunted Creeper
1 Ironbeak Owl
2 Knife Juggler
2 Nerubian Egg
2 Harvest Golem
2 Imp-losion
2 Dark Iron Dwarf
2 Defender of Argus
2 Doomguard
1 Loatheb

To add to what Swamp Link said, if you end up wanting to buy the fourth wing of Naxx (and Mad Scientist is really great if you play Mage/Paladin/Hunter), if you end up caving and use real money, buy all five wings at once- it's less expensive to buy all five at once then to buy the first four individually.

Also stuck between deciding if I want to craft Archmage Antonidas or save up for Dr. Boom for use in Aggro Mech Mage (stealing the deck from here . I feel the late-game cards that can come from Antonidas + a taunt or two outweigh the Boom Bots and 2 more attack, but the fact that Antonidas is such a high-priority tar makes Dr. Boom a lottle more useful. Opinions?

Last edited:
I'm going to try that zoo deck. Ok last question for now, is The Beast usable in any decks? I just opened a gold one and am tempted to just dust it for either rags, sylv, or boom. Then again you don't get a golden legend every day so ya know.

To add to what Swamp Link said, if you end up wanting to buy the fourth wing of Naxx (and Mad Scientist is really great if you play Mage/Paladin/Hunter), if you end up caving and use real money, buy all five wings at once- it's less expensive to buy all five at once then to buy the first four individually.

Also stuck between deciding if I want to craft Archmage Antonidas or save up for Dr. Boom for use in Aggro Mech Mage (stealing the deck from here . I feel the late-game cards that can come from Antonidas + a taunt or two outweigh the Boom Bots and 2 more attack, but the fact that Antonidas is such a high-priority tar makes Dr. Boom a lottle more useful. Opinions?
Generally Antonidas isn't going to stick around for more than a turn. Ideally you're aiming to play him along with a spare part or two in order to get enough burst to finish off your opponent. Boom is definitely what you'd go for if you're looking for board presense, Antonidas is the better late game finisher.

I'd probably craft Boom simply because it fits into every deck that isn't a full face deck, whereas Antonidas is only going to be able to fit into Mage decks.

yo Hearthstone's my shit now. I run a competitive league and play in a bunch of tournaments and stuff. Lots of fun but exhausting given that sometimes you'll just lose because of bad draws in a tournament you spent three weeks preparing for but hey that's card games

hit legend on the last day tody with tempo mage, recorded myself plying with it:

really powerful deck, went from rank 3 to legend today in just a few hours.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Totemic Focus is a really cool card, and Terrorwing is REALLY cool, albeit a bit broken. I think Skyfire Longbow is a little too strong - 32 damage weapon from a Hunter weapon is a win condition in itself, and we all know where that damage is going lmao. SMOrc

Totemic Focus is a really cool card, and Terrorwing is REALLY cool, albeit a bit broken.
Got dat combo with Totemrain

And he might be broken, it was close for me. Dies to follow up DB or Truesilver, BGH is a huge tempo and card advantage loss, Piloted Shredder takes it out...I think it'd be very very strong in faster Zoo archetypes to put on the pressure but other than that it might be too hit-or-miss for some Warlock archetypes

I think Skyfire Longbow is a little too strong - 32 damage weapon from a Hunter weapon is a win condition in itself, and we all know where that damage is going lmao. SMOrc
This is an example of a card where I'm really not sure how it'd work out because I don't have any way to playtest these, so yeah it might be crazy but I didn't think so in theory. As with several of the cards there as you can see I was trying to push for a viable Control Hunter with Volley (especially this), Fel Disintegrator, and this bow being seriously huge options to help usher that in. I think the Bow is too slow for any current Hunter archetype to realistically expect to utilize effectively so it'd have to be in a Control-style deck that keeps board and then uses this as one of it's win conditions kind of like a Ragnaros. There's currently nothing quite like that in HS so I think it'd be an interesting strategy that might be powerful but I'm not sure if it'd be overwhelmingly tier one or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)