Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one that actually would like to see the septa that guards Cersei's cell die in the most hideous way imaginable?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one that actually would like to see the septa that guards Cersei's cell die in the most hideous way imaginable?
No way man, she's the shit. Anyone who beats Cersei over the head with a wooden spoon is a-okay in my book.

Now I don't like Cersei and I was glad karma struck her hard, but god I absolutely hate the High Sparrow and his followers. I think I hate them more than Joffrey and that's saying something.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The season where unarmored untrained goons reigned supreme.

Seriously there is a lot of DUMB shit in this season though

who cares how dumb it may be OUR QUEEN IS BACK

but yeah stannis did what we all knew he was going to do but it still hurt to see (hear) it take place

and oh yeah my girl tyene loves pain and humiliation ;)

(note: it was confirmed in the behind the scenes that GRRM told D&D to do this, it was not their decision)

Why do they want me to support Dany instead of the rightful heir to the Iron Throne? WHY?

It's not working... 100%.... yet... oh god CONFLICTED.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Last 3 episodes were simply amazing and for some reason I feel like next one is going to be incredible as well. The death of Shireen was probably the scene on the entire show that disturbed me the most.

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm not really impressed, but I honestly can't agree with the choice of having Stannis do that. They just took the _slight_ evolution / humanization he went through as a character with his interactions with Shireen and thrown said evolution into the trash can, as if its only purpose was making that scene more shocking. Instantly turning a "hard man" into a monster (presumably in order to make Daenerys more likeable, which she's not?) just doesn't work

And yea, everything related to the Sons of the Harpy is dumb as all shit

meh...i expected so much better after episode 8...

i thought maybe they were trying to blur the lines between the boltons and stannis. i mean certainly now neither side holds any moral high ground. the thing is i was really liking stannis showing some heart for his daughter and this just seems like forced shock. at least the rape scene seems like something ramsay would do, but stannis burning his daughter alive is just what the fuck. i really liked the last couple episodes though because we're finally getting white walker/ dragon action. they've been really stingy with the dragons for some reason, so hopefully in the finale dany finally brings them back out and lays down the law.

2 things I just thought of.

1) Wasn't it implied that Dany's husband with the long name was someone important with the Sons of the Harpy, and the marriage would stop them from stabbing everything? I got the feeling that his brief absence to "make sure everything was ok" was to co-ordinate the attack, but the fact that they stabbed him leaves it all up in the air.

2) How did they get those masks on with the Unsullied in the stands? Are the Unsullied totally blind? Such a volume of people shouldn't be able to get those masks on without at least one guard noticing.

i agree w/ some of the earlier posts, i thought stannis burning shireen was just a bad writing decision that threw stannis's entire character into the garbage

also was the brothel scene w/ meryn trant just to reinforce that "hey, this is a shitty guy and you should hate him if you haven't forgotten already"? because that seemed rather clumsy, too - i guess they can still redeem that part of the storyline if it becomes a plot point (i.e. arya goes into the brothel and takes advantage of his pedophilia and all to murder him)

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
maybe dany's husband was actually an important person in the sons of harpy but the group saw him marrying dany as betraying them so they killed him or smth

Just a few of my opinions:

Hizdahr zo Loraq was implied to be the leader of the Sons of the Harpy, yes, but imo there were so many clues pointing to him as the leader that I think it was a red herring and the true leader is still out there, if there even is one true "leader" at all.

Also, the brothel and the entire thing with Shireen weren't creations of D&D, just to clarify. Arya and the brothel was revealed in a leaked chapter of Winds of Winter (where it's not Meryn Trent but the guy who killed Lommy, but eh close enough especially since that guy's already dead in the show) and GRRM specifically told D&D to burn Shireen, which was shown in the behind the scenes for this episode. Yep, we've reached critical mass here- the show is ahead of the book at times.

Anyways, while I can't say I've forgiven the Mannis for what he did, I gotta say I understand it. Even if he doesn't have an heir and lots of shit goes down when he dies, it's much better than everyone getting massacred by the White Walkers, which is why Melisandre is even with him in the first place, remember- he's the only one who can stop them, as no one else but Jon and the men of the Night's Watch give half a crap about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)