Here Comes the Sun: Offensive Mega Camerupt

How good is this team?

• Total voters
Welcome to my RU RMT, RU and NU are where I mainly play so I hope you guys enjoy.

Teambuild:

So, here's our main sweeper. This team needs sun, but I really don't want to have to put it on Camerupt, so I need a new setter.

Xatu is very necessary for this team. He gets access to my favorite thing: all forms of weather and U-Turn. Camerupt is also immune to Xatu's main weakness.

Pretty much any offensive water-type can shit on Camerupt right now, and Jellicent so fucking bulky, it's not even funny. It can also take a lot of damage from an Eelektross.

This thing can cover literally every weakness I have right now. It also exists to set sun, and it also learns Fire Blast, which most Pokemon will not want to take right now.

I didn't have a physical attacker yet, and I needed 3 things: priority, a spinner, and coverage. Hitmonlee packs all 3 in one, but he's pretty frail.

I wanted another Sun-setter, and honestly, before this, I didn't know Liepard could even set sun. I figured I could screw around with Prankster a bit, and probably lower speed so Mega-Camerupt could come in for the kill.

In-Depth:

Xatu @ Heat Rock
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Xatu is the main lead of the team. Magic Bounce does wonders for it, since a Steelix or something will more likely than not try to set up rocks. Sunny Day and U-turn is to set up for Camerupt. Thunder Wave is to help Camerupt out a bit once it enters, because it's pretty god damn slow. I needed some form of recovery so I gave it Wish, which can usually help late-game, when I need to heal up a sweeper, and this is the reason I invested a ton in HP, not speed.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- HP Dragon
Camerupt is the star of the show. Solid Rock is so when Camerupt U-turns in, a super-effective attack most likely won't faint it. A Fire Blast in the sun is likely to kill anything that isn't doesn't have any significant special bulk (252+ SpA Sheer Force Mega Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flygon in Sun: 250-295 (68.6 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Earth Power is just for double STAB. Solar Beam is to take advantage of that sun and kill Gastrodons and Clawitzers. HP Dragon is for Kingdras and Noiverns, mainly.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Jellicent is just here to stall and protect Camerupt. Scald will get that -2 Atk on anything that it burns, and Ice Beam will heavily damage a Flygon. Toxic and Recover are just for stall. You can switch into this when Camerupt is out and your opponent is using a water move and just get that nice HP boost, and you'll be able to stall for days. I put EVs into SpD just so it can take thunderbolts and energy balls and such. But, Hitmonchan is a threat when Jellicent is out.

Exploud @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory

Exploud is just designed in this team to hit hard. In the sun, Fire Blast will do 1.8x. Boomburst with Life Orb basically kills everything. Sunny Day is to set up sun for either Exploud or Camerupt. Extrasensory is just in case Exploud runs into a Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop. Scrappy as an ability is pretty standard just to hit ghosts. I would've put Choice Specs on this, but I wanted it to be a Sun Setter.

Liepard @ Iron Ball
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Assist
- Trick
While playing RU, I never quite realized how good Liepard is. T-Wave is to slow stuff down so Camerupt or Exploud can go in for the kill. Trick is to halve their speed afterwards so they're just slow as balls. Pursuit hits anything that tries to escape. Assist is a bit of an interesting one, because it's pretty randomized and is more of a luck scenario.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
Fake Out/Unburden is pretty commonplace and just gets you going really fast. Mach Punch is for priority and will hit really hard. Rapid Spin is just pretty self-explanatory. The reason I picked Rock Tomb was just to get rid of that flying weakness, but to also slow down the opposing Pokemon because I want them to be as slow as possible while battling them.

Threat List:

-Hitmonchan: Xatu nor Jellicent want to take a Knock Off or Thunder Punch. Exploud can probably take it out, but it's still a big presence against this team.

Please point out more if possible.

I really enjoyed making and playing with this team so please give me some feedback, and help me make it better.

Importable:
Xatu @ Heat Rock
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Exploud @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory

Liepard @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Assist
- Trick

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a few comments:

Camerupt should run either HP Grass for the likes of Seismitoad or HP Ice if you want to hit Dragons. Kingdra was already banned btw.
You shouldn't really have a sun based team without a Chlorophyll sweeper, so you should replace something for it (Shifty>Liepard?) or scrap the idea entirely
Hitmonlee should run a set like:
High Jump Kick / Knock Off / Mach or Sucker Punch / Rapid Spin, Poison Jab, or Stone Edge with a Life Orb and the stats you have currently
I'd say replace Solar Beam on Camerupt with Stealth Rock and get rid of the sun as a whole
Instead of Sunny Day on Exploud, substitute it with Focus Blast, and use Surf over Extrasensory
Jellicent is fine
Roost>Wish on Xatu and Leftovers>Heat Rock
The set on Liepard should look something like:
Encore / Knock Off / U-Turn / Sucker Punch or Pursuit with Black Glasses and max Attack and Speed with a Jolly Nature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)