NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ah, now you're just stealing my lines.

But as such, I can actually give you a pretty good tip. That satisfaction is only temporary. Celever just keeps coming back and never seems to learn a thing from his last failure.

I guess life is just about more than one-upping some guy you don't really know online. If you don't get it now, don't worry, you haven't gone through your formative years yet.
You're right? Though it'd be nice if the town could win this game, and since you're standing in the way of that I don't see why "one-upping" you can't be a good thing too :3

Celever please explain how you went from this as your last post on Day 4:
Celever said:
I've noticed something about Spiffy. I can't go back and check (there's actually no WiFi at my campsite, so I'm reduced to a phone) but let's take a look at Spiffy's lynching patterns, more specifically his timings. Day 1, the Cancerous lynch was extremely rushed, Spiffy being a large advocate, and HD was the second target. Day 3, once again, Amianki's lynch was extremely rushed and at the end, this also being on a very slow and inactive day. Day 2 was the anomaly here, where the scum HD was lynched. IIRC, Spiffy had been advocating his lynch all day.

So in other words, Spiffy has been "stealthing" the lynches by decreasing the users that are on at the time of the lynch target being really pushed. This is an interesting tactic for mafia to use, and can last a while without anyone noticing. Of course, I have to also address HD. I think that Spiffy pretty much betrayed his team for towniecred, and decided to satiate his own wants and needs instead of working as a team, something which I think he also did in Mario Kart NOC, where he was scum. This is why he was adamant to lynch HD the whole day.
...to this early on Day 5:
Celever said:
Spiffy ~ Is the BPV. I would find him much scummier if this weren't an almost confirmed fact (either above or below von, I'm not sure right now).
...when nothing new had been offered up about the BPV between these posts. I think you acknowledged that your argument against me was shitty but never justified what you were thinking at the time or when/why you realized it was bad so please do so. You then try to use the argument that I'm definitely BPV against von when you lynch him. So it's fine if you vote for the confirmed BPV but scummy when von does?

Spiffy said:
For instance, he was so adamant and stubborn about lynching me Day 1 after I shot down each and every one of his arguments. But on Day 2 when he launches into similarly shitty tirades against HD and HD refutes them, he backs off pretty easily. It's very uncharacteristic of Celever to do this.
Celever please address this too.

Celever said:
I called von out on his ad hominem when he used it against Jalmont. I admittedly started skipping over a few of his posts, so maybe I was a little late to the party, but I'm pretty sure it was day 3 or 4.
I can't find this could you quote it for me?

Celever said:
I was vague about why I trust you now for a reason, BTW.
Why won't you tell us the reason?

Jalmont said:
re spiffy i do feel your points, but regarding not calling von out earlier...it's not exactly as if anyone else gave a shit either?? I mean, it was basically you and me who recognized what was happening.
I know and I agree, but it's the fact that Celever is only NOW bringing up von's BSing when he is under fire that makes me question it. Not everyone that ignored von's misrepresentations (read: everyone else itg) can be mafia which is why I'm not dwelling on them too much. But if someone only acknowledges the fact when THEY are in the hot seat I think that's scummy.

Odd Ghost please read the BPV discussion we have had today to see why I am clean. Unless you believe the mafia idled their kill on Night 2 then you should be looking elsewhere.

Odd Ghost said:
Same principle holds here for Fate. Do you think I should be reconsidering Fate? Or do you just disagree with my read on him? I thought you were townreading Fate as well. Fate is town for his roleclaim, actions notwithstanding. The action is just what tipped me over the edge to say that Fate is confidently town.
I also think Fate is town I was just saying that him pointing out something pretty obvious should not be some townie tell.

And PokeguyNXB we're going to need something more than "ask me things if you want me to participate". There is certainly enough shit in this thread (like two mislynches and a scumflip!) to analyze/comment about and it's not really helpful for you to just float by like this. It should not be too hard to figure out what the pertinent subjects. Please elaborate about how von is no longer in your townreads after the argument that went down. Also which argument are you talking about? Do other things as well.

Updated vote count

vonFiedler (2): Jalmont, Celever, Jalmont
Celever (2): vonFiedler, PokeguyNXB
PokeguyNXB (1): Mithril
Odd Ghost (0): Celever
Spiffy (0): vonFiedler
Mithril (0): Jalmont

I will not be around at deadline tonight and if I got Gale's timezone correct he'll probably be asleep by then, but deadline is still in 6 hours, at 11 PM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time). Votes made after that point do not count anymore.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
And PokeguyNXB we're going to need something more than "ask me things if you want me to participate". There is certainly enough shit in this thread (like two mislynches and a scumflip!) to analyze/comment about and it's not really helpful for you to just float by like this. It should not be too hard to figure out what the pertinent subjects. Please elaborate about how von is no longer in your townreads after the argument that went down. Also which argument are you talking about? Do other things as well.
I just find big arguments like this scummy in general (especially with very little extremely solid evidence) because it clogs up the thread and overshadows pretty much everything else going on. Also, my vote on Celever caused a tie, so i'll just
unvote
Lynch vonFiedler

Yeah... this vote's still going to change quite a bit i feel.

And PokeguyNXB all you had to do was unvote to prevent the tie so I don't get why you voted for von if that was your intention.

"PokeNGuy is always right"

I should be online several times throughout this day so I can change if need be.

Final is in four hours, have class until 7 pst tonight....Would love an extension after that, but understand if not. Otherwise I'll probably throw my vote onto Celever before I leave for the final.

Celever

i am town
OK, this is really scummy because I'm on my phone and my computer at my Mum's house is virused so I can't c/p my role PM, but say hello to Chief Hanlon the alignment checker.

I'll go back and check who I targeted each night, but I can tell you that I checked Spiffy last night, and he's clean. Happy with the explanation, Spiffy?

Also. Spiffy, the problem is that when I pester people I actually think I have a case on them at the time. I didn't think I did have a case with HD after his defense, so I dropped it.

Anything else you want me to say which I can get for you on my phone?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Man, Celever u ninja'd me by claiming. I would like to have a full role pm as soon as you can though...
Now if you'll all excuse me, my lunch break at school is over... i'l be back on later

Celever

i am town
Man, Celever u ninja'd me by claiming. I would like to have a full role pm as soon as you can though...
Now if you'll all excuse me, my lunch break at school is over... i'l be back on later
I'm not getting to my Dad's house until what is currently post-deadline, so I can't post my Role PM until tomorrow. It's awful, I know.

Alright, with all the Muricans among us still at school and at work, an extension seems to be in order to give everyone just a little more time to respond. The new deadline is June 5th, 11AM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time). This 12-hour extension is the only extension this day will get.

Quick thing...If you are the alignment checker do you really not remember who you checked each night? That bothers me. This sounds more like you want more time to come up with believable results to post.

I highly doubt we have an alliance checker with a watcher in the set up as well. I also agree that it's weird to not remember who you've checked each night.

Celever there is no reason why you could be unable to check your results in your inbox on your phone, and also no reason why you couldn't copy/paste your role PM from your phone as well. I was able to from mine at least.

Not buying this.

"PokeNguy is always right"

Celever

i am town
Quick thing...If you are the alignment checker do you really not remember who you checked each night? That bothers me. This sounds more like you want more time to come up with believable results to post.
I remember who I've scanned as town. I didn't remember when I scanned each person because, and this is important when claiming.
Anyway, here are my results:
Night 1: Jalmont ~ Town
Night 2: Fatecrashers ~ Town
Night 3: Hooked. I got the same flavour as what Mithril posted. I didn't want to come out though, because if no one else got the flavour on Nights 1 and 2, I feel like getting the flavour must mean that there was something to hook. I.E it'd essentially be claiming a PR.
Night 4: Spiffy ~ Town

I haven't managed any scum yet. If you're wondering I tried to scan sunny on Night 3.

Any questions? Obviously if we don't lynch von today (though we should lynch him) I'll target him tonight.

Celever

i am town
I highly doubt we have an alliance checker with a watcher in the set up as well. I also agree that it's weird to not remember who you've checked each night.

Celever there is no reason why you could be unable to check your results in your inbox on your phone, and also no reason why you couldn't copy/paste your role PM from your phone as well. I was able to from mine at least.

Not buying this.

I can, it just takes a little while. My short term memory is really bad and I wanted to make sure I got everything right, so I found a piece of paper and a pen and I wrote up all my results before typing them up again on my phone. My phone only lets me have one tab open at a time.

I can't copy/paste on my phone. The highlighting is really finicky (probably due to my big fingers) so it always messes up. Sorry ;~;

Celever

i am town
BTW, in a while I'm going to head off for about an hour for my Maths tutoring, which I have on Thursdays sometimes. I know, it's real convenient. Just give me stuff to reply to for when I get back I guess? My tutor's not here yet, I'll post quickly when he is.

Celever I still want you to address everything I quoted you about in my recent large post.

If Celever is telling the truth and we lynch him, we have three guaranteed cleans going into the night. If he's lying we lynch a mafia. No reason not to lynch Celever now imo.

Celever

i am town
Celever I still want you to address everything I quoted you about in my recent large post.

If Celever is telling the truth and we lynch him, we have three guaranteed cleans going into the night. If he's lying we lynch a mafia. No reason not to lynch Celever now imo.

"Let's lynch the alignment checker!" ~ Spiffy 2015

Celever

i am town

Not buying this.

I guess I should defend the fact that there's an alignment checker and a watcher in the same village. Remember how the mafia have a hooker? Or I guess a town hooker with really weird flavour? I think it makes sense really. The fact that our other info role only scouts out non-vanillas makes it pretty likely that we have something to check alignment too.

Our other PRs are all protective, so a watcher as a sole info role would be poor game design imo

LOL Celever nice try. I just fucking said I don't buy your claim which is why I am lynching you. I said EVEN IF you are telling the truth and we lynch you, we have three guaranteed cleans alive and that's FANTASTIC at this stage of the game. It is literally a win/win situation if we lynch you.

Also give reasonings to why you chose to inspect the people you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)