Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In addition to littlelucario said, you should check out its WIP analysis here, which covers three its three main offensive sets: SR lead, MixApe, and Swords Dance.
SR Lead and SD aren't really that efficient in the current meta though because there are a million better SR leads and lucario, terrak,etc. are better fighting type swords dancers.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How viable is Healing Wish on Clefable?
It's not that common, cuz clefable usually has better things to do w/ its fourth moveset (if it's MG CM or SR) or has no room (unaware CM). Plus, it's usually better for a healing wish user to be fast in order to ensure consistency (aka why latias does it well). However, clefable certainly would bring the surprise factor, for what it's worth.

Thank you both of you !
I'll make sure to check this !
A late response, but Mach Punch is also a good option over both Grass Knot and HP Ice. With Slowking becoming more and more common, Grass Knot sometimes ends up just being used for Starmie and Hippowdon. Those are definitely nice Pokemon to take care of, but I find access to Mach Punch to be very useful as well, since it allows Infernape to revenge kill weakened Pokemon, since finding priority isn't exactly the easiest to fit on a Bulky Offense team. Keep in mind Mach Punch is also the best way to beat up Bisharp because Infernape takes like 70% from +2 Sucker Punch otherwise so just keep that in mind. HP Ice is really only good for Garchomp but since Tank Chomp is everywhere it's still a viable option.

I don't recommend max speed either, at least if you're running Mach Punch. Just run the necessary speed to outspeed Garchomp and put the rest in physical attack so you can deal against Pokemon like Mega Altaria better.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The reason I asked was because I wanted to use a utility one like this

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard/Unaware
Nature Calm
Evs : 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Stealth Rocks
Healing Wish
Moonblast
Softboiled /Moonlight

Setting hazards and using Healing Wish when needed. Actually I chose Clefable since fairy is such a good typing. Just can't choose between Unaware or MG
If ever using Healing Wish chances are it's more beneficial to run Magic Guard so you can ensure that hazards don't hurt you in the late game scenario where you need to pull off Healing Wish normally.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
what is the point of viability rankings? well.. i mainly mean the stuff in the D and C ranks. when i was lurking smogon, i used the viability rankings to understand the state of the metagame and see what kind of things people are using. but nobody really uses stuff in the D and C ranks anyway so whats the point of having pages of discussions on stuff like swellow and poliwrath...? it seems like a waste of time when the stuff in the higher ranks have more of a meaning when it comes to displaying the oras ou metagame
This bold part stems from boredom btw. So that's also something to consider, it happens a ton when the higher ranks or more concrete and not a whole to debate about them. Not a whole lot will change that aspect.

I was looking at Sableye's BW OU analysis and I'm curious about why there's no set for regular Sableye in the XY analysis. What changed in the Gen 6 OU metagame that made regular Sableye less viable than in BW?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sableye is still ranked on the Viability Rankings, so it's not completely outclassed. I'd prefer Mega Sableye though.

Niche is stuff like Prankster Taunt iirc?

I see, thank you. Regular Sableye is still viable and not totally outclassed in OU though, right?
Regular Sableye is much more niche, since Mega Sableye can offer most of the same utility (even if just by holding off on Mega Evolution) and more for most teams thanks to greater bulk and Magic Bounce post Mega. Regular Sableye's ranking mainly reflects on what he can offer the team in a scenario where his Mega is not available, since Mega can use the same Prankster WoW and utility moves even before tapping the Mega's benefits.

Regular Sableye can provide some of that utility plus things like Prankster Taunt or Prankster recover helping against a few things, but it very much requires you to understand and play to those niche strengths to justify using regular Sableye over Mega.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
I did a few calcs and here is what I found.

• With 252 HP / 20 SpD and an Assault Vest, a statused Slowbro lives Black Sludge Gengar's Hex not factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 24 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Modest Mega Altaria's Hyper Voice after Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 28 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the OHKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Thunderbolt factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 40 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the OHKO from Draco Plate Dragalge's Draco Meteor factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 48 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Mega Alakazam's Shadow Ball factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 64 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Choice Specs Keldeo's HP Bug after Stealth Rock AND the 2HKO from +2 Clefable's Moonblast.
  • With 252 HP / 72 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Tornadus-T's Hurricane after Stealth Rock AND the 2HKO from Timid 232 SpA Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice not factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 80 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Rash Mega Diancie's Moonblast after Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 84 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from +1 Mega Sableye's Shadow Ball not factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 100 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the OHKO from +3 Timid Manaphy's Energy Ball.
  • With 252 HP / 112 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Alakazam's Shadow Ball not factoring in Stealth Rock.
  • With 252 HP / 164 SpD and an Assault Vest, Slowbro avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Modest Landorus's Earth Power not factoring in Stealth Rock.

Sorry if this is a bit messy, I did my best lol. I would probably go with 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 SpA w/ Modest nature, but you could always raise it up to 100 SpD if Manaphy is a concern, though Slowbro doesn't really do much back lol. Hope I helped though n_n

I have a question that I don't think was answered. A few days ago I used a type effectiveness calculator on a alrk and found out that a set with Flying/Ground/Rock/Grass attacks hits the most pokemon super-effectively. And that Landorus has moves of those 4 types. (though barely as he only has Grass Knot and Fly as Grass and Flying-type moves, respectably)

I was wondering if a hyper-offensive Landorus with Earthquake, Fly, Grass Knot and a Rock-type move has been considered before, and if so, how viable is it?

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
In general, Fly is a pretty bad move, because it basically the gives the opponent a free turn, so no I wouldn't call that set viable. In addition, movesets are more or less coverage against various Pokemon - having perfect coverage doesn't necessarily mean it's good, as it still misses out on certain Pokemon - for example using that set, Landorus loses the ability to beat Fairy-types such as Clefable because it lacks Sludge Wave, and the likes of Garchomp, Gliscor, and Landorus-T because it lacks HP Ice.

Which of these moves; Knock Off, EQ, Roar, HP Ice is the more viable on MVenu if you don't want to use HP Fire or something ?

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Life Orb is the best item because it gives a boost to all of its moves, somewhat making up for its low Special Attack stat. Miracle Seed and Leftovers are also good but Miracle Seed makes the coverage moves incredibly weak while Leftovers makes everything weak. The latter two are often used if Serperior carries Substitute.

Now this brings me to my next question, are there any pokemon that can learn damaging moves of those exact types?
Donphan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Shard
- Thunder Fang

Behold your new God.

Please note that no, this is not a good set, but it is what you asked for.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch

This is also an option I guess? Again, coverage=\=good or else Electivire would have been good this whole time. You also need power and the ability to beat specific threats in the meta, not just vague types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)