Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I will probably buy it just for having the complete roster, don't really care much for the character.

Now the real hype thing is the new glorious stage, MIIVERSE!

For real I think it looks better than regular Battlefield.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
About freaking time they acknowledged the Miiverse stage they promised! Maybe next year they will get around to making a tournament mode.

i'm gonna be completely real here

if the differences in movesets between the lil kids are the same as in brawl

then lucas will be multiple spots higher.

and i guess ness is taking spots right now or something so that means he'll be makin money.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
sploosh @ lucas omg

ness is already my favorite to play as in wiiu and lucas was my fave in brawl oml i can't wait

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
i'm gonna be completely real here

if the differences in movesets between the lil kids are the same as in brawl

then lucas will be multiple spots higher.

and i guess ness is taking spots right now or something so that means he'll be makin money.
Well, in Brawl, Ness was D tier and Lucas was E tier. Considering everything, it'd be not very fair to base it off Brawl because of the massive Ness rebalances, and Lucas also being worse in Brawl on top of that would actually imply he'll be a good bit worse if anything...

Ness is good because he has a beastly OoS and combo game with an okay grab and the best kill throw (and probably best kill move) in the game. Lucas definitely won't have the last one due to having a tether unless they give him a Brawl Olimar tier retardedly good grab. Whether he has the other two has yet to be seen, but his Mewtwo style nair helps and I can see Up Air comboing into itself at low percents. There's some footage where his down throw actually grounds the opponent which could be wildly useful if its not just a visual effect. He'll also need kill potential outside of incredibly punishable stuff like his Up Smash. Hopefully Fsmash keeps its old speed.

I'm just really happy to see Lucas again without all the stupid grab release stuff he suffered in Brawl. I rode that "opening month of Brawl Lucas hype" for the longest time and mained him for a little under a year.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Same as Mewtwo. US price is $3.99 per system and $4.99 if you buy Lucas for both. You also get the Miiverse stage with him iirc. EDIT: Independent from him bc it comes with the update but yeah.

(Speaking of which, that will be both the most hilarious and cringe-worthy stage in Smash.)

Well, in Brawl, Ness was D tier and Lucas was E tier. Considering everything, it'd be not very fair to base it off Brawl because of the massive Ness rebalances, and Lucas also being worse in Brawl on top of that would actually imply he'll be a good bit worse if anything...
It wouldn't. Unless I left myself hard to interpret? Ness is spacey with a strong punish game. Lucas has better movement and combo setups (more than just a grab, PKF, or PKTail.) Ness "thrived" in Brawl because it was Brawl. Lucas is better in an aggressive metagame because he lacks extreme windows of punishment and has better shield pressure. He's also quite good at grabbing the ledge when it's not being hogged.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)