Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
Now this brings me to my next question, are there any pokemon that can learn damaging moves of those exact types?
Don't bother using mons with that coverage as a lot of them are garbage or want specific moves to work well, ie Donphan or Electivire, or Conkeldurr which really wants Mach Punch and Drain Punch on the same set. It's doable, but it's definitely not recommended.

I remember that if 2 Shadow Tag users faced each other in battle, then they can both switch out. Does this mechanic hold true for Arena Trap and Magnet Pull?

Do suspects tests in the OU Metagame have any bearing on the OU(No Mega) Metagame? For instance, would the recent ban on Lando-I now also apply to OU(No Mega)?

Is Roserade viable as an offensive Spikes user, or is it just T-Spikes?
FYI you can use roserade as a viable sleeper lead too. Ditching Spikes in exchange for a third coverage move make Roserade a surprisingly strong attacker. Also, Sludge Bomb + Technician HP Fire makes it a more effective user of Sleep Powder, since now it can OHKO a lot of grass types and 2HKO all of them (besides Mega-Venu) that try to dodge your Sleep Powder. You can pair it up with something weak to SR / Spikes to delay your opponent getting up hazards early game from bulkier SR setters. You can also pair it up with a bulkier SR setter that hate Keldeo leads like Garchomp. If they choose Keldeo but you counterpick Roserade, you get a free Sleep. Focus Sash makes it a more reliable lead if it misses Sleep Powder, but Life Orb gives it the power to OHKO / 2HKO targets after they fall asleep.

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

252 SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Roserade Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 380-447 (107.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 132-156 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 172-203 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 281-331 (66.9 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Do suspects tests in the OU Metagame have any bearing on the OU(No Mega) Metagame? For instance, would the recent ban on Lando-I now also apply to OU(No Mega)?
Yes, as OU No Mega is literally the OU tier minus any Mega Evolutions. (Assuming the banned mon is not a Mega. which Lando isn't.)

Yes, as OU No Mega is literally the OU tier minus any Mega Evolutions. (Assuming the banned mon is not a Mega. which Lando isn't.)
Are you sure about that? I haven't read anything in the OU No Mega threat, and if I am right I think that in that meta only quickbans exist. It doesn't get affected by OU bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)