Board Game Double Decker Diplomacy - G1 Over (E/F/G/I/R/T Draw), G2 Over (A/E/G Draw)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
yea sure fine, given that that's really the only feasible option in this situation

Agape - Austria:
Build F Trieste

billymills - France:
Build F Brest

Supply centers:
Agape - Austria: 4 (Budapest, Serbia, Trieste, Venice)
Bass - England: 7 (Belgium, Edinburgh, Holland, Liverpool, London, Norway, Sweden)
billymills - France: 5 (Brest, Marseilles, Paris, Portugal, Spain)
Drawesome532 - Germany: 4 (Berlin, Denmark, Kiel, Munich)
Maxim - Italy: 4 (Naples, Rome, Tunis, Venice)
Outlaw - Russia: 6 (Greece, Moscow, Rumania, Sevastopol, St. Petersburg, Warsaw)
Aura Guardian Turkey: 4 (Ankara, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna)

Spring 1904 ends 48 hours from this post.

Jalmont - Turkey:
F Aegean Sea - Smyrna

Fall 1904 ends 48 hours from this post.

Black Heart PokeguyNXB Acklow Gale Wing Srock sunny004

Don't forget, still looking for a game 2 sub. Contact if interested.

If anyone wants to quit game 1, please officially surrender. It's more fun for the remaining players if an official surrender happens and we can continue, than for the game to be stalled while Walrein looks for subs.

That's my opinion ^__^

if I got my timing right, Russia and Turkey should be out of game atm, thus their votes null; still needing England and Italy to agree

Edit: Germany too

Last edited:
Walrein,

Please let us know if Black Heart would be continuing Game 2 as Austria or there would be a sub. And if there is a sub, then please add him to the game?

Also, I am assuming Fall 1904 will end 48 hours after the sub is announced. Cheers ^_^

Ampharos

Alright, Game 1'ers, let's take a vote. Should I go through with the Russia/Turkey forfeit or should I try to grab subs?

Agape has already expressed his view that the forfeit should occur, but I feel it fair to ask the rest of you.

edit @ Gale: I have heard nothing regarding a sub for Austria

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
if you need a sub for game 2 I probably can do that now...
[7:51:08 PM] Tyler James: Sure fine go for it
[7:51:16 PM] Tyler James: Post this log in the thread
[7:51:19 PM] Tyler James: I'm not home

I'm now Austria in game 2. I'll be on irc to talk and things.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am against letting them forfeit straight up since it effects the balance of the game too much, in particular these events grossly favor Austria and Italy (hence Agape's position is not all that surprising!) That being said, finding a sub who is willing to play in a country that is in an unfavorable (but IMO not unwinnable) position can be difficult. I'd say put some time and effort to find some subs and extend the Spring 1904 deadling by 1-2 days, then opting for a total forfeit if none are found.

I vote for Russia and Turkey's forfeit to cause their countries go into anarchy and Hold orders as per the rulebook.

I won't mind a sub though if one/two can be found, just voting forfeit so that I can start expanding faster.

Ampharos

Game 2 deadline extended by 24 hours to accommodate DLE's subbing.

I'll look for Game 1 subs, then extend deadline if/when we do find them.

edit: subs will happen because Drawesome has expressed his wish for subbing over forfeiting, and he's the tiebreaker vote

Last edited:

Ampharos

askaninjask has subbed in for Outlaw.
Gale Wing Srock
has subbed in for Aura Guardian (yes, he's playing in both games now).

I almost let Outlaw and AG's forfeit stand. I really did. While it's true that it would heavily skew the game in favor of Austria/Italy, who would be able to pick up the supply centers left behind fairly easily, forfeit is allowed in the diplomacy rulebook. Essentially, the dilemma was my own personal principles of "the game must go on" and desire to sub those who no longer wish to play in exchange for those who do, versus the actual rules of the game and the wishes of the two players in question.

Here's the thing though. The manner in which AG and Outlaw conducted their forfeit was incredibly unprofessional. The term "rage quit" was thrown around a lot in #thegame in the aftermath, and while this term may be a bit strong, the manner in which Outlaw and AG left was frankly embarrassing. I realize it's frustrating to watch a player make gains and be unable to do anything about it, but come on guys. It's a game, and one in which you two are rather respected members of the community. Hell, Bass even said that he bases his playstyle around Outlaw's.

The other argument that was made in favor of the forfeit (by AG specifically, Outlaw hasn't reached out to me at all) was that it would be essentially the same maneuver as moving all of their troops to combat England, thus leaving their flank exposed for Austria and Italy to waltz in. This is a fair point, and one that I rather strongly considered. It's true that I would have been much less likely to sub them out had this been what they done. However, this would have at least required them to actively take involvement in the game. If they really wished to combat England, forfeiting was the much lazier and (in my opinion) least effective way to do so.

Which leads me to my final point. I can believe that Aura Guardian's sole purpose in forfeiting was to help the rest of the game combat England, and I can believe that AG had been planning on forfeiting already anyways (playing as Turkey and getting stuck at Bulgaria is never a fun experience). However, Outlaw's phrasing and conduct strongly suggested to me that he disapproved of the way I ran my game and may have acted with the intent of impeding the game's progress and harming its integrity. Outlaw, you made some good points about the dangers of substitutions, but there are ways to voice this disapproval without fucking with the game as a whole. In the 3+ years I've been hosting games on Circus Maximus, I've always tried to prioritize the continuation of the game and fun for all involved players above other aspects, and that's not about to change.

tl;dr it's my game and I'll run it how I want tyvm

Game 1 deadline is now 48 hours from this post. If you've forgotten, it's Spring 1904.

Also, Maxim has been prodded to get on IRC more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)