Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Did the AI cheat in the Gen IV Battle Frontier?

Tagging DHR-107 because he's smart.
You would be better off asking one of the Maison experts (As they tend to be expects on most of the battle facilities). But as far as I am aware there was nothing ever discovered to the fact they "cheated" depending on how you use that term. I believe there was/is a trainer in Gen 6 which can have two Iron Balls on a team in contravention of 1 item each rules, but NoCheese or turskain might know more...

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did the AI cheat in the Gen IV Battle Frontier?
I'd be very surprised if it did, and certainly, no one has shown convincing evidence of such. Over long streaks, one is going to have bad luck, and we tend to remember those instances very strongly. Designing and implementing an effective AI cheat strategy would be remarkably difficult too.

Plus, Smogonites, as always, put up some very nice streaks there, suggesting that careful team design and good play could allow one to survive fairly substantial runs of ill fortune. Take a look at the records.

The factory sure was painful though. I tried plenty of times but never got the gold print there!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've wanted to do a gen 1 venusaur analysis, but someone already made one. can i still make one? will mine still be posted on it?
This is not the correct section of the forums for such inquiries. OI is pretty much the only section of Smogon not concerned with competitive talk. Try here somewhere. Not quite sure where, it's not a section of the site I venture into often, but I'd ask in the Analyses Reservation Thread at the very top.

i'm debating on getting into the Pokemon Adventures manga, is it worth reading, though?
In my opinion, yes. But why not read a few chapters for yourself (think of it as sampling) first before you decide whether to continue on? So that you won't "waste" too much of your time if you don't like it (there's a lot of chapters after all).

I'm looking for a steamer. Not for any content but because I need a clear picture of the GTS.

See I found an unusual and nightmarish PSS icon in the Swampert listings and I want an image of that icon (You'll know it when you see it, and yes I'm aware that Cyber Gadget might be involved, but the PSS icon in question seems off even with that in mind, most with the hair and eyes)

Note that I found this when playing Omega Ruby

Is there a steamer that can take a screenshot?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking for a steamer. Not for any content but because I need a clear picture of the GTS.

See I found an unusual and nightmarish PSS icon in the Swampert listings and I want an image of that icon (You'll know it when you see it, and yes I'm aware that Cyber Gadget might be involved, but the PSS icon in question seems off even with that in mind, most with the hair and eyes)

By 'steamer' do you mean 'streamer?' And by 'streamer' do you mean to ask that you want someone who streams Pokemon via video capture to find the icon and screenshot it for you? I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, I don't think many people who can actually stream frequent this thread, but unfortunately I can't point you in the right direction since this is an odd request..

In the meantime, could you maybe post a plain photo of your screen so we can see what it is you want a screenshot of? Maybe there already is one floating around the internet

By 'steamer' do you mean 'streamer?' And by 'streamer' do you mean to ask that you want someone who streams Pokemon via video capture to find the icon and screenshot it for you? I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, I don't think many people who can actually stream frequent this thread, but unfortunately I can't point you in the right direction since this is an odd request..

In the meantime, could you maybe post a plain photo of your screen so we can see what it is you want a screenshot of? Maybe there already is one floating around the internet
Yes and yes

Good idea I'll see if I can get a picture ready today.

In the meantime, where can I find a Pokemon Userbar maker or awake to make a userbar like yours?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes and yes

Good idea I'll see if I can get a picture ready today.

In the meantime, where can I find a Pokemon Userbar maker or awake to make a userbar like yours?
You mean the one in my signature? I actually had a friend make that for me, I have no idea how to do it haha!

Hi guys, I was wondering about something. I read that the exp share allows the pokemon holding it to receive, other than half of the exp gained by the lead pokemon, also the EVs. But does this mean that if the lead pokemon has a macho brace, the exp shared pokemon will receive the doubled amount of basic EVs? (For example, I defeat a Gengar with a pokemon holding macho brace who will receive 6 sp atk evs, will the pokemon with exp share gain 3 or 6 sp atk evs?)

Does someone know? I'm playing pkmn diamond and I think this will help me

I made that userbar for him from scratch in GIMP and I don't think there are any automated makers floating around. If you have a semi-decent image manipulation programme, they're pretty easy to make though. Just google it. The rest is taste and experimentation.

Hi guys, I was wondering about something. I read that the exp share allows the pokemon holding it to receive, other than half of the exp gained by the lead pokemon, also the EVs. But does this mean that if the lead pokemon has a macho brace, the exp shared pokemon will receive the doubled amount of basic EVs? (For example, I defeat a Gengar with a pokemon holding macho brace who will receive 6 sp atk evs, will the pokemon with exp share gain 3 or 6 sp atk evs?)

Does someone know? I'm playing pkmn diamond and I think this will help me
A pokemon who receives Exp. because of an Exp. Share will get the normal amount of EVs (affected by only the items that specific pokemon held). Macho Brace and the like only affect the pokemon holding it.

Okay back to my "Creepy PSS Icon" screenshot request:

I now have a photo for reference as per can't say's request but due to technical difficulties I can't post it here, so have an imgur link instead

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there's a MAX hatching power in ORAS or X/Y? Mine is level 3, but I've read that there's a MAX level that lasts for 1 hour instead of 3 minutes, although I have not found a way to obtain it. I've read that a Secret Base friend can give random MAX o-powers, but the guides I've seen don't list the hatching power as one of them...help? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if there's a MAX hatching power in ORAS or X/Y? Mine is level 3, but I've read that there's a MAX level that lasts for 1 hour instead of 3 minutes, although I have not found a way to obtain it. I've read that a Secret Base friend can give random MAX o-powers, but the guides I've seen don't list the hatching power as one of them...help? Thanks!
Sorry, but Hatching Power MAX isn't one of them. Only Bargain, Capture, Prize Money, and Full Recovery. Even then, the Super Secret Base pals just give one (like how players can give an O-Power to passersby) to you at random once you have at least Bronze rank for your base flag. Hatching Power level 3 and a Slugma (Flame Body/Magma Armor) will usually suffice for hatching needs as you do laps around the Battle Resort.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I believe the S/MAX rank powers are gifts from Pokemon Center Events (Like, the physical stores). I do not believe they have been given out in some time though, so are highly likely to be unavailable to a normal player unless you happen to be close to one of those locations.

EDIT: Ninja'd :(

So I've had TheMantyke Secret Base and used it regularly, until yesterday. I accidentally selected the be a pal option and now the base is empty with no NPC to battle. Any ideas as to why this is?

So I've had TheMantyke Secret Base and used it regularly, until yesterday. I accidentally selected the be a pal option and now the base is empty with no NPC to battle. Any ideas as to why this is?
If you do that, the trainer you've become secret pals with will move to your base. You can still talk to them their and fight them.

I have understood that in normal situations, females pass down abilities with 80% chance. But what are the proportional chances (%) to pass down Hidden Abilities? I would like to know this for both female + male pairings, and Ditto + male pairings.

I have understood that in normal situations, females pass down abilities with 80% chance. But what are the proportional chances (%) to pass down Hidden Abilities? I would like to know this for both female + male pairings, and Ditto + male pairings.
60% for both, though I've heard 20% for male + Ditto thrown around. I've personally seen my male Sheer Force Totodile/Feraligatr pass Sheer Force down most of the time to the offspring Totodile, and a few others, so I suspect it is indeed 60% for either pairing. If the non-Ditto parent has two normal abilities, then it's a 20% chance for either if it has the hidden ability. (like Immunity Gligar has a 60% chance to pass Immunity to the offspring Gligar, 20% for Hyper Cutter, and 20% for Sand Veil)

Hi friends,

I'm going through my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire and am just about to get the Latios from Streetpassing. Just curious as to what my best option is for getting optimal stats on him. Got a synchroniser, I'm just wondering if he has a set number of guaranteed 31 IVs. Do I have to RNG abuse in order to get all 6 perfect IVs?

Hi friends,

I'm going through my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire and am just about to get the Latios from Streetpassing. Just curious as to what my best option is for getting optimal stats on him. Got a synchroniser, I'm just wondering if he has a set number of guaranteed 31 IVs. Do I have to RNG abuse in order to get all 6 perfect IVs?
You can't RNG abuse on Gen 6, and I'm not sure why you'd want a 6IV Latios anyway. All legendaries in gen 6 (and Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group in XY) have three guaranteed perfect IVs by default, but they're random. There is this thread on SRing in Gen 6, but it only speeds up the process, so other than that you just need some patience.

I have understood that Masuda Method uses the (0x17) marker in the data structure of the Pokemon games to identify whether two Pokemon have different nationalities (and thus produce shiny offspring more often). What I do not yet understand, is if this is the game language you choose when you start a new game (and thus decently controllable), or if it is tied to the language of the DS system itself / the actual origin of the DS system / the actual origin of the Pokemon game. Could someone please explain?

In a practical sense: I am considering to restart my Pokemon Pearl game, and because it's my least favourite game, I would not mind playing it in a language I barely understand. It could possibly be an easy way to obtain 'foreign' Pokemon suitable for Masuda Method. If there is a very good reason to assume that it works the way I hope it might, I could even buy a second hands 5th Gen Game to make RNGing a 6IV 'foreign' Ditto very easy for me. I know I could also just trade for one and know for sure, but most people don't trade uncloned ones (I don't like clones), and most people also haven't obtained them by themselves (and make me doubt their legitimacy). If this process works in some generation Pokemon game(s) but not in others, I would like to know which one(s).

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)