Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I'm trying to use it in gen 3. The problem is when you do it it flags you as saying you can only use Run Away as an ability (obviously illegal on Mightyena)
[fwiw the other 3 moves are all gen 3 tm moves, shadow ball, roar, taunt]
Oh, there's a serious problem with the team validator then. The easiest thing to do would just be to remove the "required" Abilities from Gen 3 "events", but that would allow things with one Ability that can't or haven't evolved to use their slot 2 Ability in Gen 4+, which is no good.

I'll have to think about how to fix that properly (and confirm that Pokemon from XD can actually have their single Ability in slot 2). Thanks for bringing this up, looks like it's been an issue since before XY came out.

Hello. Love playing Showdown however as of late I have found a small problem. Just want you guys to be aware. Maybe someone has already mentioned it, not sure. Anyways "Dragon rush" is supposed to hit 100% of the time when an opponent uses minimize. This however does not happen and Dragon rush still misses. Can we fix this please. I know that fairies have immunity btw, but this small problem has occurred more than once with other pokemon though. Thanks!

idc nearly enough to read through for if someone else reported this glitch, but chansey was so concerned with my team defense in randbattle triples that it stayed around to coach the team

http://puu.sh/ifqr3.png
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomtriplesbattle-238663340

was not listed under visual bugs/known bugs afaik, cheers

EDIT: on the replay if you use skip turn Chansey disappears, but as long as you just watch the battle without pressing any skip then Chansey keeps on chilling...ghosts are sensitive and only want to hang out if you have the proper attention to get good and spooked!

EDIT2: ok reading the op more carefully it looks like this was already covered, my b

Hi, I just signed up, sorry if my report is dumb. I've been using Showdown for well over a year, I just never made an account here.

I was trying to use a new team on the ladder, and was informed that there were errors with my team (Two of a Pokemon's moves were incompatible, and two Pokemon had the same nicknames.) I went to the editor and changed a move. Came back--- still not compatible. Changed something else, clicked "Look for a Battle" for the third time--- and the nicknames are still the same. I go back and change that, and click "Look for a battle" for the fourth time... and I am given the message that "Due to high load, you are limited to x battles every y minutes"... even though I hadn't actually played any battles.

Tl;dr: The system counts clicking on the "Look for a battle" button against your battle tally and will penalize you for clicking it even if you don't play a battle. I assume this is not intentional.

Display shows 100% HP, in reality it's 29%

Messed with my head a bit, not sure why it happened and it corrected itself on the following turn. Figured I might as well post about it.

Replay if needed: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-238835052
In the replay foongus' health bar actually went down to 29% after the mirror coat, so the glitch may have been caused by the mods you use. That being said, i had a similar experience (no custom mods tho) while playing a seasonal match a while back where kanghaskhan apparently went down to -3% hp, but when I saw the replay it seemed to be behaving normally (having a positive hp value).

Last edited:
I came across this bug while playing on the UU ladder yesterday.
As you can see in the chat log, causing the opponent to switch via eject button while switching yourself using Volt Switch (I assume same goes for U-Turn), it causes the game to place my switch in the next turn.
This made the game perceive my switch which should be in Turn 1, to count as my move in Turn 2 and granted my opponent to pick a move (SD), while I was picking my switch.

I know eject button isn't that common, but I do think that this is a bug, since it would make no sense to me otherwise.
I also checked the last few pages and couldn't find anything concerning this issue.

(Screenshot wasn't taken immediately but shortly after that bug occured.)

Aerialate causes normal type moves to become super effective on a fighting type (at least) pokemon, regardless of dual typing. I lost a battle because a mega pinsir hit my mega lucario with a quick attack. It said it was super effective.

Aerialate causes normal type moves to become super effective on a fighting type (at least) pokemon, regardless of dual typing. I lost a battle because a mega pinsir hit my mega lucario with a quick attack. It said it was super effective.
Do you have a replay?

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Even with ignore tours on you still get the message that says "the tournament is now full"
also its sort of a bug that ignore tours only works if you join the room with the tour in it while ignore tours is activated

Reactions: MK
I tested it in a custom game and Aerilate worked for me. Quick Attack was super-effective against Conkeldurr but not (Mega) Lucario.

If it happens in the future, make sure to click on "Share replay" button after game ends and paste the link here.

Also sorry for calling you fat :pirate:.

Last edited:
I tested it in a custom game and Aerilate worked for me. Quick Attack was super-effective against Conkeldurr but not (Mega) Lucario.

If it happens in the future, make sure to click on "Share replay" button after game ends and paste the link here.

Also sorry for calling you fat :pirate:.
Would it be any different if you used the app? That's what I used.

Would it be any different if you used the app? That's what I used.
Battle simulation is done on the server so the answer is "no".

Make sure to save the replay next time as mentioned in the rules section in OP. If you had a replay it would be super-easy to verify what really happened during the combat. Maybe Lucario had his type changed by something.

Paste from OP:

• ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post

please read...when switching computers and loggin in in one computer you have diferent teams i think the teams should be saved in profile user not computers :)

please read...when switching computers and loggin in in one computer you have diferent teams i think the teams should be saved in profile user not computers :)
Teams are saved on localstorage. Save a google doc or pastebin of your teams if you want to transfer them to another computer or browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)