Post-UUPL Set Dumping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by King UU

Post nifty innovative sets that you used or even just stuff that worked in general

If it's odd explain what it does

Have at it Omfuga

Last edited:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

I decided to use Shedinja specifically to counter team most of Omfuga's builds, since all of the Jynx's ORAS teams were made by him in the previous rounds(most of his teams have no more than 2 checks, and I predicted one team in particular which worked out). Shedinja is indeed a niche mon, although the team i used was tested on the ladder a while back and it proved to be viable. I paired it up with dual defog support to maximize its chances of surviving as well as having a surprise defoger chilliin' in the back.

Last edited:
Ah, I have a lot of shit I wanna drop here. Posting an ORAS set that any of my players used, cuz I built every ORAS team of our season.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Standard Cobalion, with a little twist. Magnet rise>sub, stone edge, stealth rock, or whatever is mostly seen. Magnet rise allows Cobalion to set up vs Krookodile and Mamoswine, hard-walling both unless they have superpower. I swept.. I think fatty with this? I set up vs a Krook vs whoever it was... I think Fatty.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Once people started saying my builds were weak to Doublade (which, admittedly, they are), I knew this set would come in handy. Almost always 3hkos doublade, and since doublade is such an obvious immediate-switch in on cobalion, and has no reliable recovery, I thought hp fire/ghost/ground would be cool on Cobalion. I picked fire just because Ground/Ghost could only hit Chandelure a bit harder, whereas fire would KO spdef forry after rocks. Paired this with beedrill to really punish teams using doublade as their primary check to beedrill. blunder slammed reyscarface with Beedrill regardless of the fact that he had doublade and Mega Aero due to this set weakening rey's doublade.

Galvantula @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web

An interesting middle-man between the typical specs electric type and the standard Galvantula. Instead of relying on volt switch for momentum, Galvantula relies on its heavy-hitting Thunder, its secondary STAB, and great coverage to scare switch-ins. Galvantula hits even harder than Raikou's tbolt with Thunder, and can set up sticky web on teams after you've killed their spinner, or predicting a snorlax or florges switch. This Galvantula set stands independent as more than a sticky web user, but it can be really clutch to get sticky web up late-game. This set isn't intended for full sticky-web teams. I think every team can benefit from sticky web, especially late-game.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

I don't know if you could really call this "innovation," but Kyurem is never really seen in UU, and the few times it is, it's using sub-roost. The thing Kyurem has over Hydreigon is the nasty secondary STAB (also, more bulk and power). Similarly to Hydreigon, its dracos hit like a fucking truck. Ice beam can 2hko florges even without rocks, and can easily sweep late-game due to the lack of ice resists. Kyurem is basically unwalled in the tier, even spdef Forry takes a ridiculous amount.

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SpA / 100 Spe
Rash Nature
- Frustration
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Recover

The real menace porygon of the tier. Built a team with this + LO kazam for blunder to use vs tewmew, who's notorious for literally always using semi-stall. Blunder kinda misplayed it (lool), but it still put in pretty decent work. This thing easily 2hkos Blissey, Snorlax, Florges, and any other special tank. Its frustration hits surprisingly hard, due to adaptability making the stat gap less important than the base power gap between attack and sptack. Using this spread, with 120 higher special attack, Porygon-z's frustration hits exactly as hard as its tri-attack vs a pokemon with neutral defenses. 241 speed allows porygon to outspeed any timid base 60s or modest base 70s. Dark pulse for the obvious ghost coverage.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 164 SpD / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

One of my favorites for sure. Enough speed for pidgeot, some physical bulk for krookodile and stuff, and enough special bulk to wall things like chandelure. This set was extremely successful for both me and Blunder. I got kinda lucky to dodge a lot of scald burns with it when facing Sam , which allowed me to essentially wall out his suicune, and a significant chunk of the rest of his team. This thing is a really cool approach at the old gen 5 crobat set; it spreads status and has surprisingly great bulk.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Water Spout

My first time using Mega Blastoise on a serious team.... Yup, I've always hated this thing lool. Anyway, used it vs Pearl. and it did more work than I could have imagined. It dented a roserade using spike with ice beam, followed by doing doing 60% to the incoming Florges with water spout. This basically forced him to sack his Roserade and leave his florges weakened. I sacked it to a p-z, trading for 80% in damage from water pulse. This set is actually cool, I'd like to use it again in the future.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Frustration

This thing's actually a beast. I wish I won this game. I could've if I used SD on FLCL choking, but it didn't even cross my mind. Standard SD sweeper with a really nice attack stat, decent coverage, and the ability to set up disguised as forretress or something.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

Wasn't sure what fourth move to put on this.... So I didn't. Sleep talking useless crosspoisons or pursuits would be frustrating, so I figured it was better to just not put a fourth move. Used this vs King UU (the third time) and blunder used it vs aim . It essentially serves to creep the fast mons of the tier (timid pidgeot, modest sceptile, Adamant Beedrill, etc) and hit with brave birds that most of the tier can't take. I wanted to use mega Beedrill and Mega Aggron on the team, but I really felt like Aggron benefited the team more, and crobat has the same speed tier as Beedrill, with more powerful hits, and crobat still has u-turn.

Arcanine (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Kind of a twist on banded entei. I went in order of when I used all of these, but forgot about this one because I never got to use it. mencemeat and blunder used this... I think week 1? It has intimidate which allows it to keep some of the nastiest physical attackers in check, and has much better coverage than entei can. It's great that it can hit Suicune and roost Hydreigon. Also, most people don't expect Arcanine to be offensive anymore.

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave / U-Turn

Didn't really innovate too much this tour, but here's a set I was gonna use against dingbat after noticing he used Sableye on pretty much every team. 2HKOs Sableye with Moonblast and OHKOs defensive Pert 93% of the time with Energy Ball. Last slot was a tossup if I wanted to cripple things with Twave or bluff the scarf better with U-turn and surprise somethings mid-late game. Unfortunately I pussied out last minute and ended up using a more standard team, but he did bring Sableye as well as a Swampert so it woulda put in some work.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Turn 6 = best feeling ever.

Buzzcrave (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

This is the most valuable Pokemon in my Week 6 match against Bouffalant, as it manages to OHKO Krookodile with Overheat on the switch on Turn 6. This Pokemon needs the power of Choice Specs to deal precious damage against some of the Pokemon that would pressure the whole team. While I rarely used Trick because I am power-hungry for those KO's, I managed to pull off that move to cripple Snorlax which, in turn, sealed my victory.

pata pata pata pon!

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Soft-boiled
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Hydreigon was on a lot of XY teams used throughout UUPL, so I decided to try out Clefairy for the greater utility it possessed over Florges. First off, I wanted to be lazy with anti-hazard support, so Magic Guard was extremely helpful in that aspect, as it meant Hydreigon couldn't just rack up SR damage on me at all. Magic Guard worked well with Mega Abomasnow, as it meant the passive damage was more in my favor than my opponent's, and with Mega Abomasnow, I decided to run SubCM Ice Beam Suicune, as that was really popular back then. SubCM loses to Crocune and Roarcune, so that's where Encore came in, as let me force out Suicune attempting to set up on Clefairy. And finally, Healing Wish so that even if I was bad and misplayed, I had ways to alleviate how shitty I am at this game. Also Healing Wish for the lack of anti-hazard support on my team.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
There are all bw2 sets, so don't get your panties in a bunch oras uu'ers n_n

@ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

I honestly have no clue why nobody used this as a pivot or spinblocker as much during BW2. It only saw 1 use during all of SPL 5 regular season (meaning it had like 1% usage) yet it's great at fulfilling the niche it is supposed to. Specs hits fairly hard despite having pretty poor special attack and it has solid dual STAB that makes running hidden power unnecessary, so you can opt to use trick in the last slot to cripple things like Rhyperior, Snorlax, and Umbreon. It is able to check and block the spins from Hitmontop and Blastoise (sucker from top is annoying, but you can trick it or pivot around it while Scald does quite a bit from Toise since Rotom is quite frail, but you still force it out more often than not or do a ton of damage if not KO it). But yea to keep it brief: good spinblocker, cool pivot, nice typing/STABs, surprisingly strong, and overall a convenient poke - here is a team I used it on in UUPL that went 3-0 (beat Somalia, Papai Noel, and 49).

@ Magnet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def (these are the HP Ice IVs, js)
- Volt Switch
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass]

This set can be a real savage at times - really does work against unexpecting opponents who rely on certain things to check Raikou, which often is the case. Magnet generally lures specs although you can pretend to lock into hidden power early-mid game and bluff scarf, too, if you play it accordingly. Overall, the main idea is to bluff choice in some way, shape, or form, and then play the Raikou in the most advantageous fashion that you can once you know your opponent is under the assumpsion that you're locked into a move - be it getting a CM up on them double switching to something else out of a normal raikou check, switching moves and HP icing into a gligar, hp grassing into a rhyperior or pert, etc., or doing whatever works best for the circumstances in the match. The niche of the sey should be pretty obvious once you look at the set, so yea. I'm sure someone has used a similar or identical Raikou in the past, but it's not too common and I'm personally glad I used it - here is a team I used in UUPL vs NewBreed that lost, but it's still a pretty chill team nevertheless.

Tagging choolio because he's got his fair share of innovation up his sleeve and knowledge of BW UU and I'd really like to see him post some stuff here :o

Anyway, these are just two I used in UUPL, I have plenty of others that I may post at a later date if I feel like doing so!

Entei @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Natural Gift

I didn't get to use it and frankly it's pretty awful but it's fun to bop Swampert/weakened or offensive Suicune haha Natural Gift turns into a 100 bp physical grass move which OHKO's all Swamperts after just a bit of prior damage and does a like 50% to fast suicunes. That and with Entei's bulk it can a lot of times survive a couple hits get into liechi range and change up attacks. But yeah, don't use this.

haha, guess i'll drop some dead meta ish b.c i wanna look relevant x) posting in no particular order

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Psych Up
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

psych up > status is a cute tech on p2 that i took to on more defensive builds, b/c it counters cm raikou really handily whilst potentially forming a pretty threatening counterplay if they lack a fighting follow-up. it also makes up for the lack of active pressure a status-less p2 would exert on cofag, and can potentially even pressure np kiss if you're skilled enough to not get flinched. unfortunately, i was not playing on omfuga's team, so i was unable to utilize this pokemon properly =/

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Spore
- Whirlwind
- Magic Coat

ultimately, i feel that magic coat smeargle is the optimal set in this metagame (outsourcing sr to another pokemon); faster taunt users such as qwilfish, azelf, and sableye are a touch too common for it to accept from a spiking lead, so it needs to adapt somehow. this can also be used to mess w/a bunch of 'mons post-spore, though this has far more narrow application, since it'll mostly be ww'ing to prevent set-up and accrue chip.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

really good @ doing nothing the whole game, then missing air slash and dying. but, uh, the primary draw to this set is being able to end-game offensive builds a bit more handily / without integral focus on twave, while still retaining significant application in the balance match-up (b.c a togekiss that isn't bodying balance is probably a bad togekiss). i also used this w/significant status distribution from the remainder of the team, making twave highly suboptimal and kinda 'reinforcing' my choice to roll w/this.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 32 SpA / 180 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

idr precisely what these evs do, but they all had some kinda application (even if the speed might've just been creep e_e). wanted to use this w/kiss in some game or another b/c of its ability to bait and wisp rhyperior / 'lax (which it couldn't do when given that opportunity, whoops), as well as bodying non-boosting electrics. it also beats shaymin, which was rad since every other team i built was weak to seed flare spdef drops.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 40 HP / 180 Atk / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance / Endeavor

scolipede is kind of a weird pokemon b.c it has poor lead match-up v.a few too many things (smeargle, qwilfish, rhyperior, azelf) to be considered proficient as a lead for offense, making it only really effectual on certain quick-stall builds that want quick [toxic] spikes, as well as a back-up mew / shaymin / w.e check in a pinch. ev'd to take a +2 sucker punch from adamant lum mew, as well as 2 blastoise scalds after a spike (or from full w/the second scald burning, should that happen). coverage on this always felt super unecessary far too often, so i never would end up rolling with it, since sd / endeavor actually ended up finding value for me, especially b.c i'd play this with spin support a fair amount of the time.

i also used cm + volt switch raikou (i think week 2, though i played that really, really badly x_x), though i tend to prefer lum for bailing out v.scald and twave users, particularly togekiss in the case of the latter. oh, also, protect on every pokemon w/leftovers and a lack of reliable recovery move? innovated that as well, ur welcome. only failed me once, and that was b/c i got cold feet and didn't spin into the most obvious death fodder preservation in the world v.finch. tect is hot though, one of the best moves in the game if you have a proper recognition of risk v.reward.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I know most people don't much care about ADV UU, but here are a couple I used and had some fun with:

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 216 HP / 64 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heal Bell

I used this as an offensive Heal Beller for my match against innovamania. Even with only 64 EVs, this thing hits harder than Manectric or Electabuzz, letting me focus on bulk and Speed. It's pretty much impossible to OHKO this short of CB Golem's EQ, allowing it to pretty much always get a clutch Thunder Wave off. 216 HP EVs guarantee you always survive Gligar's EQ, even with three layers of Spikes down, while 228 Speed gets you past most Blastoise sets. In general I think this is a fun alternative to Plume for more offensive teams.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I can't claim that this idea is original, but Special Tentacruel was more or less forgotten about in favor of Druidcruel or utility sets. In testing it was a really cool cleaner that could do good work against standard Blastoise/Vileplume/Hypno cores, being able to 3HKO all of them and preventing Plume recovery with Liquid Ooze. The fact that it has totally different counters than Druidcruel helped a lot in testing. It's also a fun little RKer in general, outspeeding everything below Jolly Hitmonlee. Brought this against Kratos in playoffs and sadly didn't get to show it off, but it was a lot of fun in testing.

Mini XY team dump since it's pretty much a dead tier after this so I doubt it'd get its own thread. Hope no one minds :toast:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

Built this team around a core of Tenta + Sub CM Raikou. Idea is pretty simple, get Tspikes up to cripple ground types like Swampert and Hippowdon which would otherwise handle Raikou easily and then reck shop with Raikou. Then I added on a pretty well known U-Turn core of Rocks Rachi + Scarf Hydra for hazards and revenge killing. Florges helps a lot as a cleric and fighting resist being able to alleviate Raikou of status so it can sweep easier and then lastly Snorlax so the team doesn't get boned by Nidos.

game against dingbat
game against Christo

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Crobat
EVs: 152 HP / 136 Atk / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Really fun bulky offense team with DD LO Zygarde which is such a threat since most people see Zygarde and think it's Sub+Coil but then get blown back. Originally I had Sub + CM Suicune with Ice Beam, but I changed that last second for RoarTalk for a more reliable check to Entei. Healing Wish Scarf Rachi, probably my most used Rachi set since its such a great glue and revenge killer and HW support is just fantastic. Black Glases Krook handles opposing rachis and lays up Rocks while Whimsicott deals with fat waters and Zygarde. Lastly Crobat rounds off the team as a fighting resist and hazard remover.

game against Galbia

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Built this team awhile back around the Rachi/Whims/Duggy core that Ironbullet posted in the cores thread. Team worked pretty fantastically back then and I felt confident bringing it. Sets and stuff are pretty self explanatory except maybe Toxic Duggy which I used to cripple things like Cress in a pinch.

game against Afro Smash

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 112 HP / 176 Atk / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpA / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

So this is actually an early ORAS team that I built awhile ago, but I forgot about that and how weak it is to Sableye which I later found out. Anyway, this is some fun SD Aboma bulky offense with a pretty underrated mon at the time in Coballion. Scarf Healing Wish Rachi is here again since it is, as I said before my favorite Rachi set being able to heal up Aboma or Sub + CM Cune to be able to sweep late game. Mix LO Hydreigon completes the Rachi + Hydra core and punches holes in defensive cores so my other mons have an easier time sweeping.

game against Tesung

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 84 Def / 168 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk / 29 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Team that I lost with, but I still think it's pretty solid. Spike stacking balance team with defensive NP Celebi + CB Entei to really pressure teams. Scarf Mienshao is a nice change of pace from scarf rachi and I don't have to worry about speed ties with other Rachi now and fighting coverage is always great. Mix Defense Vap was getting really popular at the end of XY and served as a great backbone to this team in conjunction with Forry.

game against Shake

So yeah, those are the majority of the teams I used during this tour, rip xy uu

Last edited:
I only playd one game and didnt use anything special and sadly all the teams with that Raseri lost were mine and only 1 of them rly had something pretty uncommon (the psychup p2 vs reachzero) so im prolly gonna drop sum other things I actually like in bwuu but didnt get the opportunity to use as I was benchd.

Shaymin @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Synthesis

also a set that no1 or atleast i dun remember some1 who used it but i feel like dropping it as I like it a lot. Growth Shaymin is great after being at +1 with LO stuff like snorlax just gets 2hkod after rocks (offensive variants w/o). the only thing that actually comes in and beats it reliable is registeel and to an extent bronzong if its spdef and if shaymin doesnt get the spdef drop on it with seed flare. u can also run lefties but with lefties u gotta need +2 to 2hko the things u want to 2hko. you can also go for growth + 3atks to get rid of your registeel issue but I like it with synthesis more as it allows u to last longer vs more bulkier teams.

Gothorita @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

i didnt use it nor did raseri use it but i love this thing. specs goth is awesome and does do the job faster than the rest cm one. u can basically run 3 fire types and slap this on the team and trap the shit u want gone e.g. rhyperior, pert, etc. i run a bit of speed to outspeed pert even tho i think they all run scald nowadays so u could prolly just run enuff speed to outspeed -speed nature pert. t doesnt do anything else beside trapping some key mons like mentioned before. tbolt is for stoise, psychic stab, gk for pert, rhyperior, quagsire. trick to cripple shit like lax which is cursing up assuming goth is still alive at this point of the game. i think pif started using it (if im wrong correct me just saw him usin it first) so shoutouts to him for this jewel.

Garbodor (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Toxic
- Rock Blast
- Gunk Shot

this thing is great and more or less just a joke in the first place but it does do his job. I actually wanted raseri to use one of my stall teams which had dis thing but he didnt want to as he doesnt like playin stall or something like that? idk anymore. whatever this thing more or less is a full stop to roserade and the rare virizion (especially to cm and a shaky check to sd). I actually forgot what the 56 def evs do but I think there was something. it only struggles vs shaymin as psychic/epower is a 2hko. I actually prefer toxic over tspikes on it as I can cripple stuff like rhyperior, swampert and other stuff that likes to switch in on it without waitin till they switch in on tspikes. also i do not have to wait to get rid of opposing psn types with toxic to cripple the stuff I want to cripple.

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Heat Wave

thats actually just a standard set but zapdos is just a fucking great mon so I felt like droppin dis as this and any other zapdos sets deserve a mention. zapdos is a fucking boss in bwuu.

thats all i got for now. i have more stuff but its pretty gimmick and not as good as other sets. mebbe i will post em but I guess im most likely not dropping them. also bw2uu is da best fucking tier to exist.

innovamania

WEESNAWW
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since I didn't use anything too out of the ordinary, (which considering how old the meta is is understandable) I decided I would just dump some teams to give people who haven't played adv uu before and idea about it. (Although their is probably like 4 people who actually care).

General Teambuilding Checklist:
This is just a list of things that are noteworthy for building teams in adv uu and note that not every team follows these guidelines but these are pretty good tips for a new player trying to build.
  • On Fighting types: EQ is almost always better then rock slide in adv uu because most of the flying types get hit neutrally by brick break anyways, (fearow) or are hit neutrally by rock slide anyways, (gligar) and eq allows you to hit the myriad of poison types in adv uu. (muk, nidoking, tentacruel). The only mon that gives you any reason to run rock slide is altaria so it is a viable choice if your team is weak to altaria but altaria is pretty straightforward in it's checks
  • Choice Band: Choice Band is an extremely common item in uu even moreso then ou. almost every team will have at least 1 choice band pokemon and the most common choice banders are normal types like fearow and kangaskhan or ground/rock types like aggron and golem. Note: The most common leads are choice band users.
  • Have a rock slide and eq switch in on your team and try to make sure they aren't the same mon.
  • Pinch Berries: endure/reversal or just endure + pinch berry is a very common sight in adv uu maybe less so nowadays but it's still a very prevelant combo. The reason is because unlike in ou, sand is rarely seen so you cant rely on residual damage to take them out. As such your team should have some way of dealing with these, (priority or staus conditions mainly toxic and burn) if you dont have one of these answers then make sure to keep your walls healthy if you see a potential endure user
  • Calm Mind Psychics: Their is a lot of them, they are scary. The reason they are so scary is that their are no good ghosts besides the uncommon banette or sableye, and sharpedo is the only common dark type meaning they only need to run psychic for an attack. You'll want to make sure your team doesnt autolose to cm hypno or slowking or grumpig even.
  • Hazzards and Hazzard Removers: This is sort of a tricky one. Their are a lot of spike setters and missy is a good spin blocker but for the most part hazzards dont dominate adv uu as much as you'd think. just make sure if you arent using a spinner you have a few mons that can threaten potentional spikers or enough offensive momentum that they are pressured not to spike
  • Electric Types: Fast electric types are very good in adv uu. Manectric, electrode, and electabuzz are the most common ones you'll see. they are fast, they are strong, they are dangerous. Make sure you have something for Electrics.
Remember these are just general trends to help someone new to adv uu build a team so they aren't completely lost. Not every team has to follow these rules however if yours does it's prolly at least a decent team. These rules also apply mainly to offensive or balance teams, sorry stall kids you're out of luck. So now that that is done I'll move onto some of the sets I used that are semi unconvential or just uncommon mons and the the team(s) I used it on

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Coat/Earthquake
- Toxic/Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide
Holy Shit am I in love with this pokemon. it is prolly my favourite mon in adv uu because it's so hard to bring down if you don't have a fighting type. rock slide and eq give you edgequake coverage however recover is the main selling point. Few mons get recover and while their are a lot that get rest or wish, cradily gets instant recovery which makes it very hard to wear it down. you can shift evs from attack to defense or special defense if you wanna make it even bulkier but i have never had problems with the bulk of this set. mirro coat is one of the other moves that makes cradily a great mon. Note: hidden power will not activate mirror coat regardless of what type it is.
Team 1: Sharpedo Offense

Badabing (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Mach Punch
- Earthquake

r0ady (Sharpedo) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Endure

Oglemi (Solrock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 176 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

King UU (Cradily) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rock Slide

49 (Electabuzz) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

aim (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

I used this team week 1 against anti and I honestly think it's one my favourite team I've ever built for adv uu. The team is offensive team with some bulky mons to tank hits that don't lose momentum, (solrock can boom, and cradily has a hefty chunk of attack investment). The team leads with hitmonlee as it matches up well against a lot of common leads. It then has cradily to act as a sponge of most neutral hits. Cradily is prolly my favourite mon in adv uu and I used it the most of any mon in uupl. You could run eq over toxic if you wanted too. Solrock is just a good mon in general and this moveset is pretty standard, nuff said. Sharpedo is one of my favourite cleaners in adv uu and paired with SD Gligar not a lot can take on the two. The sharpedo moveset is also standard believe it or not as a +1 sharpedo outspeeds the entire unboosted meta. Electabuzz is on the team as another offensive presence as most peoples electabuzz checks are either grass types dented by gligar or specially defensive mons like hypno ravaged by sharpedo

Team 2: Druidcruel Balance

Fearow @ Choice Band
Ability: Keen Eye
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 Atk / 92 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Electrode @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Earthquake

Another team where I use my true love cradily <3. Pretty standard balance team. Fearow is my lead as choice banders are very common leads. Cradily+Omastar+Hitmontop form a defensive core. With electrode and tentacruel forming my offensive core. I used this against stathakis and won with tentacruel setting up on a hitmontop.

Stantler @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis
Stantler is not a terrible lead surprising but it's definitely not great. I used this team against Jabba and lost in a very close game to a bit of hax. Ultimately it's pretty simple to use, hypnosis something and then start firing away attacks. return for stab. eq for steel and rocks. shadow ball for missy. Pretty simple pretty fun. don't sleep on stantler
Team 3: Lead Stantler

Stantler @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Reflect

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Explosion

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 68 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Rapid Spin

Gligar @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Iron Tail

Misdreavus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
So as mentioned above the team starts off with Lead stantler which I've already explained. Next we have hypno who is my specially defensive wall and wish passer. Hypno is a very standard and very common mon in uu so you'll probably see it a lot. Next is banded golem. He is my psuedo physical wall and physical hitter. Golem hits extremely hard with a cb and his only problem is his speed. generally the things that check gligar check golem too, so you can boom on them and free up the path for sd gligar. Next we have a pretty unconventional blastoise set. Yes I ran a blastoise with no rapid spin sue me. it is still a good physical wall and I decided to use hp grass to beat other waters. You could probably replace either toxic or hp grass with rapid spin tho. Sd Gligar is my win con. Nuff said. And then misdreavous is too spinblock and cm makes her a secondary win con. I went with taunt over pain split but you could try pain split if you wanted too.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Return
Yep. I actually used this set not once, but twice in uupl and lost both times .cry basically you set up cm till they cant hurt you then belly drum sweep. extremely gimmicky but works against some teams.

Team 4: No wonder I had an average record

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 52 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Electrode @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Dark]/Reflect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Return

So this team would be better if you replaced clefable with a less gimmicky set up sweeper but hey clefable is fun. Banded golem is our lead because choice band users = great leads. Next I have sub fp poliwrath with hypnosis. a fun set for sure and dual screens help it out. Meganium is pretty much standard meganium, my electric check and sets up light screens for clef. electrode is an electrode because i needed something fast on the team plus it can blow up a check to clef or poliwrath. Hypno is on the team because i wanted a wish passer plus i needed a special wall that got reflect. I have tried hp dark on it tho and i think it's viable as it helps it beat other cm psychics and takes care of sheddy and missy although reflect might just be better. you could also use protect i guess but meh. and lastly is clefable. So Yea pretty gimmicky team but it's fun

So theirs my teams + sets I tried out during uupl. I had a lot of fun playing and made a lot of new flens in the uu community. Go BattleGirls We did it boys(Girls)!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)