Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This year's OST sponsored by Lacoste. The new long sleeved design comes in white and bloo.

TIL she just took the words literally

e: to make this post useful, as someone who voted for the bounce + pass ban when BP was suspected in XY, I think we should look that over again for reasons people have already stated. The fact that idiots voted for a 3-mon limit, forcing ANOTHER complex ban to be implemented later, and then still being heavily matchup-skewing is just dumb. Just figure out the root of the problem, which is either bounce or Stored Power + BP. Not detracting from WhiteQueen's victory though, he deserves it and although Blunder winning would've been cool it would also suck to see WQ wait this long just to be denied a trophy

Last edited:

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
in my eyes both parties were hella desperate to win. Blunder bringing stall, and WhiteQueen bring Baton Pass. Regardless, Grats to both players, playing extraordinarily well r1 & r2 despite hax.

Now, onto the real reason why I'm writing this. I'm glad WhiteQueen won with baton pass because it just comes to show how this needs to be banned as a whole in tours. The series was not fun at all imo and others because of g3.
Winning a big tour such as this one with baton pass should actually make the community as a whole open their eyes to push for a ban/clause for baton pass. It made a lot of people mad.

I feel that either, passing stats to espeon that has stored power should be banned and/or ban espeon from ou altogether. Espeon does nothing for the metagame and the only reason people use it is because of shitty no skill baton pass even an autistic kid could win with. I don't wanna hear all that "but people use it for magic bounce." Because quite frankly that's a lie. No one uses it for that reason in tours or on ladder. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day. :)

Asek

Banned deucer.
You can be the cleanest player on the site, yet if you win using a strategy the 'community' deems 'uncompetitive' or 'broken' you still get flamed..

News flash baton pass was open to blunder to be used as well, and i dont think there was any kind of agreement (correct me if im wrong) between the two parties not to use it. Theres no grounds for you all to have a bitch

This site can never be happy with any outcome so not like it matters anyway. Congratulations whitequeen, god run with a well deserved trophy

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I prepared and played my butt off throughout this tournament. Did not recieve help from anyone. The only help I got was from the countless hours of battling against ladder users to solidify my teams. Did not get a second chance. I was determined to win this after years of coming so close, and after being trolled for over two months after defeating lighthouses.

Bringing that flawed team to a deciding game three was a major risk for me. Fortunately, the PokeGod herself agreed that I deserved to win this and blessed me with me a good matchup. I respect blunder as a player and did not bring that team on purpose against him, just to clarify. Even when Style was my opponent, I already knew then and there that that team would be the one I would use going into the tiebreak should it come that.

Naysayers are not going to cheapen my victory. So save your prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)