Pokémon Dragonite (Revamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried out an offensive/bulky set with safeguard
seems like a plausible set
Sorry if not
I didn't find it all that great. I've tried a bulky DD set with DD/safeguard/dclaw/extremespeed. I don't really like safeguard in this metagame in general. Furthermore, DD dragonite already has coverage/4MSS problems and I didn't like the fact that I was using a safeguard, a move that I found very mediocre, on it.

I didn't find it all that great. I've tried a bulky DD set with DD/safeguard/dclaw/extremespeed. I don't really like safeguard in this metagame in general. Furthermore, DD dragonite already has coverage/4MSS problems and I didn't like the fact that I was using a safeguard, a move that I found very mediocre, on it.
there isnt even a reason to run safegaurd when lum D-nite is a thing. Its one of the sets

There is a reason why focus blast is used over aura sphere because power>accuracy
i think if things that got focus blast also got aura sphere, people would only use aura sphere. ive not once seen a keldeo use focus blast. yes i know secret sword hits on the defense, but it is still a lot less powerful. pokemon like gengar and alakazam would be a lot more effective because they dont die when they miss focus blast versus tyranitar and bisharp.

i think if things that got focus blast also got aura sphere, people would only use aura sphere. ive not once seen a keldeo use focus blast. yes i know secret sword hits on the defense, but it is still a lot less powerful. pokemon like gengar and alakazam would be a lot more effective because they dont die when they miss focus blast versus tyranitar and bisharp.
The power drop of focus blast to aura sphere its too much and gengar and alakazam still need focus blast power to destroy ferro, heatran, tyranitar, specially defensive mega scisor if they want to wall break and not die in the process.

there isnt even a reason to run safegaurd when lum D-nite is a thing. Its one of the sets
True. I've been trying it and while it's good that it's almost status proof, it REALLY misses the lack of coverage move. I was thinking about making a team that had Dual Screen support for dragonite to abuse his multiscale ability better.

Iron head on either CB/DD misses out on quite a few 1HKOs an 2HKOs (forgot which ones) when iron tail will guarantee many. The accuracy does indeed suck but for the most part, I'd take on iron tail of iron head. I've actually found DDLumNite to REALLY love iron tail to cover its fairy weakness, which is its kryptonite of this generation...unless it has iron tail. It really misses on having earthquake or fire punch for the steel types though...

Iron head on either CB/DD misses out on quite a few 1HKOs an 2HKOs (forgot which ones) when iron tail will guarantee many. The accuracy does indeed suck but for the most part, I'd take on iron tail of iron head. I've actually found DDLumNite to REALLY love iron tail to cover its fairy weakness, which is its kryptonite of this generation...unless it has iron tail. It really misses on having earthquake or fire punch for the steel types though...
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 272-320 (93.1 - 109.5%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 340-400 (116.4 - 136.9%)

252+ Atk Dragonite Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Unaware Clefable: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 282-334 (71.5 - 84.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 354-418 (89.8 - 106%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%)
* Both moves OHKO Sp Def Sylveon.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 272-320 (67.3 - 79.2%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 340-400 (84.1 - 99%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 177-209 (51.9 - 61.2%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 221-260 (64.8 - 76.2%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 177-209 (43.8 - 51.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 221-260 (54.7 - 64.3%)

Both moves OHKO Diancie and Gardevoir.

So it seems both moves claim the same 2HKOs but Iron Tail gains some important OHKOs. Both attacks are viable but Iron Tail does claim more OHKOs without relying on prior damage or Stealth Rocks. Sucks if it missed though.

Reactions: Kye
Just gonna say, running 16 SpDef on the band set means you always live an LO Draco from Latios.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 16 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 273-321 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Especially considering the band, those 16 Attack EVs don't make that much of a difference (unless you decide to get rid of defense EVs, or 12 Attack EVs, or 3 points).

EDIT: This might be nicer for the Lum Berry set, since you'll be staying in for longer with that (probably).

Reactions: Kye
Just gonna say, running 16 SpDef on the band set means you always live an LO Draco from Latios.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 16 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 273-321 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Especially considering the band, those 16 Attack EVs don't make that much of a difference (unless you decide to get rid of defense EVs, or 12 Attack EVs, or 3 points).

EDIT: This might be nicer for the Lum Berry set, since you'll be staying in for longer with that (probably).
That sounds nice on both DD and CB sets. I'm sure dragonite wouldn't miss having 16 less atk evs of instance to live an LO draco meteor from Latios! Does dragonite lose any important 2HKOs or OHKOs from losing...say 16 atk EVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)