The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...ly-overinflate-footballs?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
Another piece for Brady to use in court. "not hard evidence" haha nice counterargument, look at your ENTIRE ACCUSATION.
Brady would be retarded to take this to court.
EDIT: Allow me to explain why.
Brady was suspended for lying about knowing anything. Not for the actual deflation of the footballs. If he was honest, they would've slapped a 25k fine for tampering of equipment and then walked away. But he lied to the public and to the NFL and said he didn't know anything. All this stuff that's coming out will help with the appeal but taking it to court will cause the issue to be dragged around like a dead body more than it already is. Goodell's punishment was a bit ridiculous but taking it to court will be the same as shooting himself in the foot.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
EDIT: Allow me to explain why.
Brady was suspended for lying about knowing anything. Not for the actual deflation of the footballs. If he was honest, they would've slapped a 25k fine for tampering of equipment and then walked away. But he lied to the public and to the NFL and said he didn't know anything. All this stuff that's coming out will help with the appeal but taking it to court will cause the issue to be dragged around like a dead body more than it already is. Goodell's punishment was a bit ridiculous but taking it to court will be the same as shooting himself in the foot.
Thats the problem. Sure, he lied, but he has said multiple times he is taking it to court for the 4 game suspension. The reality is the NFL is being completely hypocritical in terms of their inability to tell anybody the truth, as they continuously refuse to admit that their guidelines for air pressure in their balls was utter garbage.

And how exactly is he shooting himself in the foot in the first place? How many players in the history of the NFL have lied once, in what was hardly an environment that gave him any reason to tell the truth, and then told the truth when privately approached about the matter? He is basically being suspended for 4 games because he didn't want to comment in what would basically become a public setting in a matter of a few days. The issue was so petty it would've blown over too, so there was no reason for him to bear all to the league when it hardly would've mattered. No, the NFL launched a 5M investigation over 1 PSI in a few balls and therefore he was accused of "lying to the NFL [or really, the media]." If the NFL doesn't spend 5M on the goddamn wells report that proved nothing Tom Brady wouldn't have even gotten tapped for lying, but just because it became a high profile case after the fact, he is getting mauled. As soon as it became obvious the public wouldn't let this go like little bitches, he was truthful when it mattered, i.e. the wells report. The suspension and fine are completely out of place in the grand scheme of things, and as a result I am many others are utterly appalled by Goddell's stupidity.

Also, how exactly are the patriots not appealing their fine of a million and 2 draft picks when they did literally nothing? Two of their employees, with no evidence of team knowledge, organized the whole scheme, yet the team is taking the fall. Besides the fact that the punishments are completely out of place considering the supposed consequences of tampering, the team as a whole played absolutely no part in the scheme. The team is getting slammed because of media pressure and because goddell doesn't know how to properly discipline his players. Quite frankly I am very disappointed in the NFL for this entire event because it was almost completely carried out due to media pressure. The NFL's resistance to cover its own problems in the wells report proves how insecure they are about their own handling of the situation, and that means the NFL probably wouldn't have investigated if there was no media pressure.

Either way, the media caused an unholy suspension and a team to lose a million dollars and 2 high draft picks, and also put the league out $5M, created a media frenzy, tarnished Tom Brady's reputation, created 3 months of prolonged investigation, revamped the rules for players' personal privacy (tom brady's cell phone), made the NFL look like shit, gave goddell an even worse name, and is forcing all qbs to watch their backs constantly. All over 1 PSI in a fucking blowout. In a time where randomly inflated footballs were commonplace. Hey, at least the refs will pay more attention to the inflation of the footballs. yayyyy.....

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Bill Clinton didn't get impeached for cheating on his wife; he got impeached for lying about it.

Perception is everything. The Republicans banded together to impeach a Dem prez because they wanted any excuse to take him down. This deflation story with the Pats is the same thing. Everyone just move on with your goddamn lives and stop wasting so much breath on it.

So I mentioned it before but someone else said it. The MVP award should be named. And it's obvious it should be named after Peyton Manning. He won it 5 times already. No other player has more than 3. This one is too easy.
When he retires, it should certainly be considered. Some might say his playoff resume is inferior to other players, but that's a different issue.

Manning has more playoff losses than playoff wins and 9 one and dones. However, we're talking about the NFL MVP award, not the Super Bowl award. I honestly do think that Manning deserves the honor.

I dislike the 49ers but they took such a massive blow this offseason and it's kinda ridiculous. I really feel bad for 'em.
NFC West predictions:
Seahawks 13-3(division win)
Cardinals 12-4(Wild Card)
Rams 11-5(DNQ)
49ers 7-9(DNQ)

Hahahah those predictions are ridiculous.

Seahawks 10-6
Cardinals 8-8
49ers 6-10
Rams 5-11

The NFC West is looking extremely weak this year. I doubt the Cards even get to 8 wins.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Seahawks 10-6
Cardinals 8-8
49ers 6-10
Rams 5-11

The NFC West is looking extremely weak this year. I doubt the Cards even get to 8 wins.
How so? I feel like the Cards have the potential to be the best team in the league this year. last year, with a myriad of injuries, they somehow got off to an amazing undefeated start. If they can just build momentum off of last year, they can be really good.

Seahawks 10-6
Cardinals 8-8
49ers 6-10
Rams 5-11

Here's the obligatory once a page shitpost from some hero guys. I knew we were missing something.
But in all seriousness, the Cardinals were one of the best teams in the league until Palmer went down. A 9-1 start is fucking beast. If Carson Palmer stays healthy longer, they could be division winners. I still put Seattle above them though cause they got one of the most dangerous red zone threats in Grahm and kept most of their squad in check but I wouldn't be surprised if Cards managed to steal the division. But of course that all depends on Carson Palmer. And Palmer is getting old(He's 35) so how healthy he stays is questionable. Also, the NFC East looks weaker than the West.

Here's the obligatory once a page shitpost from some hero guys. I knew we were missing something.
But in all seriousness, the Cardinals were one of the best teams in the league until Palmer went down. A 9-1 start is fucking beast. If Carson Palmer stays healthy longer, they could be division winners. I still put Seattle above them though cause they got one of the most dangerous red zone threats in Grahm and kept most of their squad in check but I wouldn't be surprised if Cards managed to steal the division. But of course that all depends on Carson Palmer. And Palmer is getting old(He's 35) so how healthy he stays is questionable. Also, the NFC East looks weaker than the West.
The NFC East looks like it'll be all Giants so it doesn't matter.

How so? I feel like the Cards have the potential to be the best team in the league this year. last year, with a myriad of injuries, they somehow got off to an amazing undefeated start. If they can just build momentum off of last year, they can be really good.
The 2014 Cards will go down as one of my all time favorite teams(Bruce Arians is already my favorite current coach) and the team people will point at to show how the sport is the ultimate team game. I love that team. But it really was no better than most 7-9/8-8 teams last year. They won some games in such a ridiculous fashion that it's crazy to think they can do it again. Palmer was mediocre when he was playing and there wasn't that big of a difference after he went out. And even if you say that he was good enough last year, he's a year older and coming off of another leg injury. There was really nothing impressive about the 2014 cards. The defense was successful last year but it can't be maintained. Bruce Arians is a great coach which is why i'm giving them 8 wins, but seriously the offense(even with palmer) will be a complete mess.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually inclined to agree with some hero here regarding the Cardinals. I love Bruce Arians and the way he squeezes every ounce of effort out of his guys, but that team massively overachieved last year and is going nowhere noteworthy as long as Carson Palmer is the QB. They might get to 10 wins this year depending on their schedule, but I don't considering them a serious threat to advance far in the playoffs.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
MVP award shouldn't be named IMO, but if it is you would have to name it after Peyton. There's nobody nearly as qualified to have it named after them.

MVP award shouldn't be named IMO, but if it is you would have to name it after Peyton. There's nobody nearly as qualified to have it named after them.
Well arguments could be made for Reggie Bush or Ray Lewis as they are one of the best players of all time at their respective positions
EDIT: I meant Barry Sanders, my bad. I got their names mixed up since they both played for the Lions iirc

Last edited:
Reggie Bush? One of the greatest RBs of all time? No.

Besides Ray Lewis has that whole murder thing against him. I'm fine with an unnamed MVP award, why should it have to be named in honor of 1 person? Don't they usually let companies sponsor the MVP award name anyways?

Reggie Bush? One of the greatest RBs of all time? No.

Besides Ray Lewis has that whole murder thing against him. I'm fine with an unnamed MVP award, why should it have to be named in honor of 1 person? Don't they usually let companies sponsor the MVP award name anyways?
Oh shit I meant Barry Sanders my bad. I'll edit that now

I'm actually inclined to agree with some hero here regarding the Cardinals. I love Bruce Arians and the way he squeezes every ounce of effort out of his guys, but that team massively overachieved last year and is going nowhere noteworthy as long as Carson Palmer is the QB. They might get to 10 wins this year depending on their schedule, but I don't considering them a serious threat to advance far in the playoffs.
Agree. Off the top of my head i can remember 4 games the cards won by 3 points or less. A lot of their success also came on the defensive side thanks in large part to Bowles wizardry. He's gone now and I just don't see them able to sustain the success they had last year.

Brady was suspended for lying about knowing anything.
Looking past the fact that this was never proven despite a 5.4 million dollar, 243 page investigation spanning 4 months (which was conducted by a "prominent" lawyer)

This obviously isn't what happened.

He was obviously suspended for his lack of cooperation (despite being subjected to about an entire day of questioning) regarding the forfeiture of his cell phone which is wrong for a multitude of reasons.

1.Players cannot be forced to turn over their personal cell phones. (I cannot stress this enough)
2.Brett Farve refused to turn over his phone is 2009 and was "only" slapped with a 50,000 dollar fine.

So suddenly something that should be a 50,000 dollar fine turns into about 2 million in lost earnings for Brady.

There are literally millions of reasons for Brady to take this to Court from just a money/precedent standpoint, he doesn't even need to bring up the fact that the report is a complete sham THAT NEVER EVEN PROVED THAT THE FOOTBALLS WERE DEFLATED.

Or the fact that the appeal tomorrow is a kangaroo court.

Last edited:
Looking past the fact that this was never proven despite a 5.4 million dollar, 243 page investigation spanning 4 months (which was conducted by a "prominent" lawyer)

This obviously isn't what happened.

He was obviously suspended for his lack of cooperation (despite being subjected to about an entire day of questioning) regarding the forfeiture of his cell phone which is wrong for a multitude of reasons.

1.Players cannot be forced to turn over their personal cell phones. (I cannot stress this enough)
2.Brett Farve refused to turn over his phone is 2009 and was "only" slapped with a 50,000 dollar fine.

So suddenly something that should be a 50,000 dollar fine turns into about 2 million in lost earnings for Brady.

There are literally millions of reasons for Brady to take this to Court from just a money/precedent standpoint, he doesn't even need to bring up the fact that the report is a complete sham THAT NEVER EVEN PROVED THAT THE FOOTBALLS WERE DEFLATED.

Or the fact that the appeal tomorrow is a kangaroo court.
Honestly I really don't care about this whole thing anymore. Hardly anybody does. Whatever happens happens and I'm tired of a few months long drag of an argument that Wells concluded on the same note as lots of people. More probable than not but no real evidence. Can we just please get on with the season so we can actually watch football instead of dragging this whole bullshit situation for months waiting for an answer to an appeal? Oh wait, the commissioner is still Goodell? Nope. This isn't going away even though everyone wants it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)