Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I'm going to take a quick break to grind Banette and Giratina before I attempt post-30 levels, since I came within 3 moves on Level 31. Gengar's close to max, and Banette might level up, so it's not just Giratina looking at a gain.

Level 50... Giratina unclenches its paws to produce two shiny middle fingers. Ooh, boy, where do I begin?

Firstly, you start the board drowning in Shaymin. Yes, Shaymin of all things is your fifth mon (someone else attempted to see if it functioned like Regirock on the Regi stage; it does not, and you will end up with Spinda if you try to put Shaymin in your party). I don't think Sleep Charm works on Ghosts, so that means it pretty much is dead weight. At least it's neutral dead weight, I guess.

As soon as the stage begins, Giratina greets you with about 3 randomized barriers, and is then on a timer to wreck your face with disruptions every 3 turns after. Depending on how Giratina feels, this can be 5 random barriers, a random row of barriers, or a double disruption with some random barriers and a column of blocks. Actually, I haven't quite figured out if this is entirely random what Giratina chooses to do, but I highly suspect that Giratina punishes you for removing too many of its disruptions in a single 3-move interval. I feel like I got a lot more double disruptions the more I tried to clear the board. M-Banette cannot Mega Evolve quickly on its own under these conditions, so when I lost the first time, I swapped it out for M-Gengar. Gengar can get there quickly, but only being able to remove itself does nothing for your board if it's not trapped in barriers. So, this is probably a good time to whip out an all Ghost M-Banette team. If you don't have that, level 50 might be a good place to stop as I doubt you can do 50-100 itemless without an M-Banette Ghost team. I'm hoping I can do this itemless with one though.

Edit: All-Ghost didn't work out. Chandelure just doesn't pack enough punch, and I funded the majority of Banette's Mega off of Banette matches anyway. I think I'll switch back to my regular team, but swap out Yveltal for Absol. 4-6 turns without a disruption would be amazing on this stage.

2nd Edit: Giratina's disruptions are 100% random. My fourth attempt was over before it even began, as it immediately put down a column of blocks at the start of the match. Doing this itemless is going to be a challenge. Which is fine, I guess. I did kind of coast through the first 49 levels... but I need to know if I can crack the code to doing this itemless because it sets the tone for whether the next 50 levels are worth doing. If I can handle it now, then all I'd need for the tougher levels is maybe a Moves + 5. As far as I'm concerned, 40,000 easily replenishable coins (50 Moves +5) are definitely worth a permanent Mega Speedup for a Pokemon of my choice.

Last edited:
Ok, my first lose at level 35 ! Damn Ice Barrier on my Banette, couldn't mega evolve (or triggers the ability on the rare Banette combo)

PFFFF ! I can't imagine level 50 :p

--> I already catch Giratina ... What do I earn (except glory) to beat the 50 stages ? Just the Mega Speed up ?

EDIT : WHAT ? THERE IS A LEVEL 100 ?

LevelImageName
Level 5
1,000 Coins
Level 10
Disruption Delay
Level 30
Mega Start
Level 50
Mega Speedup
Level 100
Mega Speedup

Well ... Mega Speed Up seems interesting, but Mega start is also very cheap so ... it's not worth the time to get level 100 i guess

Firstly, you start the board drowning in Shaymin. Yes, Shaymin of all things is your fifth mon
Shaymin? as in the OTHER legendary from "Giratina and the Sky Warrior". Who would had guessed/sarcasm.

Anyway I;m at level 31 right now, and I was wondering if I should continue with this if I don't have (Mega) Banette?

Shaymin? as in the OTHER legendary from "Giratina and the Sky Warrior". Who would had guessed/sarcasm.

Anyway I;m at level 31 right now, and I was wondering if I should continue with this if I don't have (Mega) Banette?
I don't know every Pokemon movie. I know, I'm a disgrace to these boards. =/

You can get by with M-Gengar, especially since it Mega Evolves much faster, but M-Banette's effect will be really useful in the 40s for speeding up board clears since it'll pull other Ghosts out of the Barriers.

OMG, that wasn't in the game, right? I never knew this... Damn it! I've got a long way to go T-T. Though, a mega speedup isn't really worth the level 100. At least we can get is a jewel or something >.>
I personally think Mega Speedup is worth it. Remember, it's a permanent effect. Mega Start would be disappointing, yeah.

I'm now at level 49, and I still haven't used any items on the stage. Didn't need to. Maybe I'm just getting lucky with combo's. Idek.

I personally think Mega Speedup is worth it. Remember, it's a permanent effect. Mega Start would be disappointing, yeah.
These are my sentiments exactly. Most Pokemon you'd use a Mega Start on require a lot of matches to fill their gauge. Mega Speedups put quite a few of them into the "Evolves too quickly to justify a Mega Start" category. A Mawile with all of its Mega Speedups filled Mega Evolves as quickly as Lucario pre-Speedup. For reference, pre-Speedup Lucario is only slightly slower than Gengar, and post-Speedup Lucario is as fast as post-Speedup Gengar. So stacking those rare candies definitely seems worth it, as it will likely save you quite a bit of Mega Start costs in the long run.

I've found Mega Sableye useful since I don't have Mega Gengar or Banette, going to reach Level 30 today so I might need to change.

These are my sentiments exactly. Most Pokemon you'd use a Mega Start on require a lot of matches to fill their gauge. Mega Speedups put quite a few of them into the "Evolves too quickly to justify a Mega Start" category. A Mawile with all of its Mega Speedups filled Mega Evolves as quickly as Lucario pre-Speedup. For reference, pre-Speedup Lucario is only slightly slower than Gengar, and post-Speedup Lucario is as fast as post-Speedup Gengar. So stacking those rare candies definitely seems worth it, as it will likely save you quite a bit of Mega Start costs in the long run.
yes but 100 levels ? i could farm at least 100 meowth stages at the same time ...

rsz_2image_1.jpg

Now at stage 50, and damn. The power spike is too huge. All of a sudden there's an extra mon on the board (Shaymin) which causes disruption to your combo's. I've already failed it a few times. The first Giratina level I'm having trouble with.

yes but 100 levels ? i could farm at least 100 meowth stages at the same time ...
Even if you got 530 coins in every last one of those 100 meowth stages, that would still only be 53000 coins. 53000 coins is a very short-term goal that can be made in anywhere from 3-5 days. The Mega Speedup is more valuable. If used on the right Pokemon, it would start making back the 40k+ investment in 2000 coin increments every time the Speedup renders a Mega Start unnecessary, and especially at times where you're not allowed to use a Mega Start, like timed competitions.

I'm going to move ahead in the main stages and then go back to Giratina. Might see if Cofagrigus is any use for a Banette Ghost team.

Even if you got 530 coins in every last one of those 100 meowth stages, that would still only be 53000 coins. 53000 coins is a very short-term goal that can be made in anywhere from 3-5 days. The Mega Speedup is more valuable. If used on the right Pokemon, it would start making back the 40k+ investment in 2000 coin increments every time the Speedup renders a Mega Start unnecessary, and especially at times where you're not allowed to use a Mega Start, like timed competitions.
I think the level gap between 50-100 will be too hard and too heart-consuming :)

I think the level gap between 50-100 will be too hard and too heart-consuming :)
Definitely. I'm at level 50 at the moment and I can't beat it. Even with a Mega Start. I might save up and buy everything just to get that one Mega Speedup, but that's it. If the difficulty will keep increasing after 50, then there's no way I'm ever going to get to 100. I won't even bother trying.

That's pretty much why I'm just gonna amass coins for the rest of the week and wait. If a consistently viable strategy appears for wading through the randomness, I'll follow suit. If not, I'll start doing the new stages and I'll at least have the coins to help with S-Ranks.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright so I just beat all the 40-49 levels, pretty easy after understanding how the whole thing works. Waiting for my hearts to refill and attempt to challenge level 50 for that candy.
Are there any new disruptions aside from the added shaymin here?

Edit: Still can't beat that stupid level. Guess I'll have to burn a mega start to get it done :/

Last edited:
I make a break for Giratina (level 44 IIRC), so I try the new normal stage.

Blitzle --> Ok, just use a Gengar, Mega evolves it, and it's a free stage ... First time, A-rank. Caught it. Mega Gar / Groudon / Derpfisk
Lickilicky --> A bit harder, the disruption are meh ... Mega Lucario + 3 good fightings type. Just nuke as hard as possible ... Caught it. A-rank for the first try.
Pangoro --> First time I use Mega Mewtwo ... It was harder than I thought (massive HP i think). Not caught it ... But A-rank too. Mega Mewtwo / Xerneas / Victini (not well trained) / Slowbro
Trashbag --> OK I USE TWO HEARTS ON YOU. Damned. The disruption are so "often" ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)