Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

remind me to bring heat wave yveltal vs u guys

with that in mind ima vote for Half of Two, the team is well structured (as much as the core allows anyway) and the little details i see appeal to me

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
I vote Steeljackal

No fire move anywhere on the team is a bit iffy to me, thus leading me to suggest HP Fire Latios with either memento or roost, in order to lure in steels, which, is an option for your team because your Gengar set checks CM Arceus just fine. Gengar can trap Ferrothorn and other steels, like skarmory, when needed to; so, the team does fine as is vs. fat steels. It'd be much appreciated to see replays of it in action.

Last edited:
wreckdra!

I particularly like uturn yveltal+ho-oh about this and I also feel it stands out the most in terms of structure which is especially applaudable because this core was a little limiting. Overall I really like this team, but if you were to use it I'd slap protect on mgar to deal with ekiller, not a big 'teamflaw' though

ps: haxiom you scrub I have 2x votes as well n_n

Last edited:
Not trying to influence voters. Everyone should make his own opinion but I think Tenefix's one was the best for me. Dual ghost might sound redundant but It's not.

I disagree, there are some points I feel he could optimize.

Teneflix's team is very weak to Ho-oh- he lacks any move to OHKO it while having a couple of mons that definitely hate its presence. However, screens+psong gengar is very innovative as it bypasses the usual problems that klefki set has with defog arceus (and ofc klefki still cripples latis so it's all good on that front). SD Ghostceus is also a pretty smart teamchoice as it at least makes him less Ho-oh weak than when using CM. I don't think dual ghost are that bad either, Psong gar actually beats Darkceus and 50-50s Darkrai while Espeed+Brick Break Ghostceus has a chance getting past the aforementioned mons as well. However, Yveltal becomes the real problem as Klefki doesn't have lefties.

I definitely think the problem comes with going full gimick on the Yveltal and not running Stone Edge on Groudon. I can kind of understand the Yveltal set as the team really wants a sleep absorber, but U-turn on choiced Yveltal forces too much prediction. I'd also go lefties on Klefki just to be able to check opposing Yveltal better. I think 5 turns of whichever screen you need might just be enough in this case.

Steels team is too boring haha, I mean me, him and Astounded used those teams quite a bit in tests and they kinda work but eh. It's not something very creative to say the least.

Wreckdra's team is interesting, I just think it needs to run Protect Gar and Jolly Ekiller to not be weak to opposing Ekiller.

Half of Two's team is also boring, but not a bad team at all.

I vote for Wreckdra and I have to Teneflix a gold star for the cool idea of screens+psong gar.

Thanks for the advice Hack, those changes do make sense and I'll probably make them after this competition is done. :)

LO Ho-oh is definitely a nightmare for this team, especially paired with an offensive SD Arceus forme, so SE is probably good insurance on Primal Groudon, despite my love for Lava Plume burns. I loved having it for Lugia to break through it, but Yveltal does a fine job of taking it down.

I'm starting to agree that Leftovers would be better on Klefki to increase its longevity. HO is a hardish match-up for the team because Klefki needs to handle both Darkrai and Mega Salamence so yeah, that might help. Arceus-Ghost and Mega Gengar don't need that many turns of screens.

Only thing I'm keeping is Specs Yveltal. It easily beats opposing LO Yveltal 1v1 and the extra damage and recovery over LO Oblivion Wing is very noticeable. I don't think it's too gimmicky.

Again, thanks for the optimisations. I'm definitely no pro and this is a good way to learn. :)

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The winner for this round of the Ubers Teambuilding Competition is steelphoenix ! Congratulations, and thanks to all participants. The Hall of Fame has been updated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next round of the Ubers Teambuilding Competition is going to be in DPP Ubers, building around Dragon Dance Tyranitar. So, yeah you have to run Dragon Dance in one of its moveslots. I don't care what the other moves are. Shoutout to Iris for supplying the concept for this round; thank you very much.

Good luck!

Gonna post a team I won a room tournament with recently. Dragon Dance Tyranitar is an interesting Pokemon that struggles with Groudon, but has a severely underrated offensive movepool including the elemental punches, Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Low Kick, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and many other options. I opted to use Fire Punch because I wanted to use Tyranitar on a hazards team to take advantage of its ability to lure in Gyro Ball / Rapid Spin Forretress. Hazards also compliment Tyranitar well by helping wear down Occa Berry steel-types and Groudon. Passho Berry is chosen to increase Tyranitar's chances of breaking past a defensively-oriented Kyogre, which Tyranitar can outrun and will survive an unboosted Surf from with this item. Tyranitar is EV'd to live an unboosted Surf from Palkia in the rain after SR as well. I'm running Low Kick > Crunch as my secondary coverage move because it nails Dialga while doing as much to bulky Ubers like Palkia and Groudon; people will hesitate to send in Giratina-O on a +1 Tyranitar if its moveset is unrevealed anyway.

The rest of the team is straightforward. Froslass has a good lead matchup vs most of the metagame and should get a layer or two up, Dialga sets SR while checking Palkia, Scarf Jirachi revenges Rayquaza, CM Lati@s and Deoxys-A while providing a teammate a second life with Healing Wish, Latios is the primary Kyogre check (I need Dialga healthy for teams that have both Kyogre and Palkia) and is extremely threatening in general, and Giratina-O spinblocks. I'm using Jolly Giratina-O because Lucario would be extremely unpleasant to face otherwise, but I'm not sure if I should run CM or a physical set. I'm using CM right now to help wear out Latios checks but priority on this team would be nice to help Jirachi deal with Psychics.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Tyranitar @ Passho Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Low Kick

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpA / 200 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

hehe i made a team in about 2 seconds with some cool things going for it.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Counter
- Dragon Dance

Palkia @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Icy Wind
- U-turn

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 20 HP / 248 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

so everyone wanted dd ttar to be his / her stand alone sweeper but what ive noticed is nothing is being done to help set up its eventual sweep. Like, we aren't luring in groudons, passho over babiri so you can tank random surfs and still lose to most palkia and kyogre. I just made this to try out some old sets in a new metagame with some twists. First i have lead dd ttar which puts me into a fabulous position lead wise. I only lose to sash ray (dam my innovations hehe), other ttar (50 / 50 at worst), and old gen leads like kyogre / darkrai / groudon. but froslass and tentacruels and cloysters, and random other things keep appearing so i like dd'ing on turn one then killing them. HOpefully, sash stays intact and you get a sweet counter off or like 75 on something revenging. i got the idea from heist's dpp ou team but added counter

Next, ludicolos are appearing as the only kyogre checks for a lot of people if tspikes are not down. sadly, i can't truly prevent that, but when its a stand alone ludicolo, kyogre beats it all day cause the trend is ice beam over grass knot. Cool pokemon on its own, beating blissey and should beat quag too.

jirachi is my favorite pokemon to use and i went with icy wind to help people from setting up on me. the rest is standard

Wobbs gets rid of scarfers and fast pokemon. safeguard for toxic spikes to palkia / kyogre

lum palkia is a new one. people like to try to tank one hit with jirachi or groudon and twave it and be done. so lum beats these common trends

gliscor was just something i still like and blows on this team. But i needed SR + Groudon checks if things went poorly early game. still a cool mon.

this will probably be the worst team posted but ive enjoyed playing with these odd sets.

im only posting this so people will A) think about how to set up ddtar or B) use ddtar in a cooler, more interesting fashion. LIke i have teams with SR chomp + SD. SD isn't the purpose but if i get it off, i get it off. thats kinda what i envision some ddtar teams to do here that would be cool. Like DD pursuit for latias / latios + late game to sweep / set up a kyogre or something is really cool. I don't want teams that use ttar like we saw with ho oh where the only thing used was standard stuff.

oh, and edit for sweep, forretress hasn't used gyro since pre-platinum. you like, go ttar on the forretress these days hehe.

oh, i had grass knot jirachi mix rachi for the groudons too but i needed mo defensive stuff for latios

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
hey Iris, I don't really know the tiers and excuse me if i say random things but why aqua tail on Palkia ? I think it's for hit blissey or Spdef Jirachi ( i don't calc but that can make good damage under the rain imo) or something like that but I'm not sure :/ And this move is standard or it's just an innovation ?
Yes I'm curious n_n

both and it gives me a wobb mix up, a light screen mewtwo mix up, etc. it's an old thing that has been done before me. I don't innovate every thing!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll give this a one day warning. Please post any last entries- I would like 3-4 at least but we'll see.

haxiom

God's not dead.
Okay. RIP. Here are the (two) entries for this round.

Sweep:
Iris:

orch
Thugly Duckling
steelphoenix
ZoroarkForever
ApplepieFTW
Nayrz

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)