CAP 20 CAP 20 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Naviathan, the Warship Pokémon

X/OR: A Naviathan does not sink. Other ships fear it for its fabled ability to cause hurricanes.

Y/AS: When Naviathan begin a battle, they either begin to rock the waves, or to stand fiercely still. Either one accompanies a fearsome storm.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Naviathan, the Longship Pokémon.

X/OR: Although it can swim the seas for months at end, it rests only when on land. It sleeps on sandy beaches, just above the tide.

Y/AS: It will always hold a steady course, even in a storm. It can swim the seas for months at end.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm most happy with the Y/AS entry. "Naviathan" sounds like a very good navigator, and this stoic beast doesn't look like it will stop for anything. It resists Water, Ice and Wind (okay, Flying), so I can imagine it not being particularly affected by bad weather. It also seems like a very enduring Pokémon, willing to set out from its home coast to find lands that may or may not be lying beyond the horizon. Resting on beaches refers to how Vikings pulled their ships ashore, rather than anchoring them.

The Pokédex has a tendency to repeat itself, hence the "swim the seas for months at end" in both entries. I didn't want to focus too much on its battle prowess, as that's an honour reserved for a few, extremely fierce Pokémon.

Also, "Longship Pokémon" was so fitting that I thought I'd copy it. I hope that's okay, Qwilphish?

Last edited:
WIP

Naviathan
, the Noble Ship Pokemon

X/OR: Shipwrecked sailors recall seeing Naviathan while they were lost. However, if they tried to get closer to Naviathan, it would vanish back into the fog.

Y/AS: This Pokemon is very territorial. Legends say it washed away an entire naval fleet with one wave.

EDIT: To be honest, I wont change much. However, I wanted to mention that the species name was inspired by Naviathan's "noble" stance. In the dex entries, I wanted to give Naviathan a feeling of mystery and power.

Last edited:
WIP

Naviathan
, the Trireme Pokémon

X/OR: In the ancient days, the foghorn cry of the Naviathan often signaled the start of a major battle.

Y/AS
: It is an honor to witness a Naviathan bowing its head and raising its oars. This majestic salute is reserved for the courageous and valiant.

_
Opinions?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay guys, I am hitting this up with a 24 hour warning So get those entries in please!

Please post again after this post! Please make sure you match the style in the OP!

Final Submission

Naviathan,
the Majestic Pokemon

X/OR: Seafarers aboard Naviathan often get scared when they see its legendary dance, as the dance creates gigantic waves. These waves often wash the seafarers out.

Y/AS: Naviathan often set sail on full moon nights. The moon gives them incredible calmness, enabling them to shrug off special attacks easily.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Navigator Pokemon

X/OR: This Pokemon can navigate across the northern wastes. It is often credited with discovering previously unknown islands.

Y/AS
: Naviathan wage fierce battles out at sea. This is thought to have inspired legends of sea monsters among sailors.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Dragon Ship Pokémon

X/OR: Crews of Cawmodore and Cawdet man these Pokémon on voyages across the globe. Each Naviathan is capable of carrying 700 pounds.

Y/AS: Naviathan can resist a torpedo shot at their hull. These sturdy Pokémon are famous for their stoic, peaceful habits.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Seafaring Pokemon

X/OR: This Pokemon often clashes with Lapras as they compete for the attention of humans. Both enjoy ferrying people on their backs.

Y/AS: Empty Naviathan hulls can be found at the bottom of the ocean, becoming new habitats for Pokemon living on the seafloor.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Noble Ship Pokemon

X/OR: Shipwrecked sailors recall seeing Naviathan while they were lost. However if they tried to get closer, it would vanish back into the fog.

Y/AS: This Pokemon is very territorial. Legends say it washed away an entire naval fleet with one wave.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Voyage Pokemon

X/OR: Using their elegant yet rigid exteriors, Naviathan fight vigorously in times of combat. Smaller opponents risk getting crushed by their sheer bulk.

Y/AS: Ancient folklore tells of groups navigating the open seas, exploring for uncharted territory. Adventurers would venture atop them, crossing long and dangerous distances.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Trireme Pokemon

X/OR: In the ancient days, the foghorn cry of the Naviathan often signaled the start of a major battle.

Y/AS
: It is an honor to witness a Naviathan bowing its head and raising its oars. This majestic salute is reserved for the courageous and valiant.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Viking Ship Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon is the apex predator in the sea. Even Sharpedo hide when groups of Naviathan are hunting for prey.

Y/AS: Despite its ferocious appearance and nature, this Pokémon calmly and happily allows humans to ride on its back.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Metal Ship Pokemon

X/OR: They gather in large family groups, and migrate across entire oceans. Archaeologists have found evidence of abandoned Naviathan colonies in distant lands.

Y/AS: Its metal hide protects it from ice, while its limbs clear a path. Its markings prevent others from losing sight of it in polar seas.

Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Wave Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon creates large waves as it swims and is capable of traveling great distances. For these reasons, it is popular with surfers worldwide.

Y/AS: Annual migration patterns bring hordes of Naviathan from Unova to Hoenn. During low tide this Pokémon is known to walk along beaches, leaving enormous footprints.

Final Submission

Naviathan, the Sea Voyage Pokémon

X/OR: In folklore it is said that a giant Naviathan was used as a vessel for large groups of Pokémon.

Y/AS: This Pokémon is very solitary, seldom seen in any sort of group or pack

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Final Submission

Naviathan
, the Longship Pokemon

X/OR: The oars on its sides are formed from the same material as the scales which adorn its chest.

Y/AS: Although Naviathan usually reside on the surface of the water, their preference for locations with sea ice delayed the discovery of this species.

P.S. Codraroll you're good :]

Final Submission

Naviathan, the Warship Pokémon

X/OR: A Naviathan does not sink. Other ships fear it for its fabled ability to cause hurricanes.

Y/AS: When Naviathan begin a battle, they either begin to rock the waves, or to stand fiercely still. Either one accompanies a fearsome storm.

Naviathan, the Viking Ship Pokémon

X/OR: It's mighty roar can cause violent storms. They can navigate any sea with no problem.

Y/AS: It uses it's powerful legs to create whirlpools powerful enough to suck in a cruise liner. Reason for this is unknown.

Final Submission

Naviathan,
the Unbreakable Pokémon

X/OR: Despite their fearsome appearance, Naviathan are quite calm and peaceful. Poets inspired by their majesty call them "Guardians of the Ocean."

Y/AS: Naviathan's hide toughens with age. Legend tells of a 3,000-year-old Naviathan that wandered through a naval battle completely unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)