ORAS UU Scary Jiggle Physics - UU stall (peak #1)

Dedicated to my disappointment in Fatal Frame 5

Proof of #1 ranking

Hey all, this is my first rmt ever and its for a really fat semi-stall in UU. I'm reluctant to say its full stall because it has a wincon and has a decent amount of offensive presence overall, giving it a little more leeway to play around threats to the team.

Teambuilding

I had built a stall core prior to building this team that I was looking to refine, composed of Blissey, Fatmence, Umbreon and Mega Swampert. I was looking for both a ghost and Reuniclus check, and came across Jellicent. This ghost was able to check calm mind reun by switching in, taunting and spamming recover + scald, as long as it didn't have shadow ball (In which case it was far easier to deal with anyway).

From here the only role I saw absolutely necessary to fulfill was a Slurpuff check because Mence was set-up bait. I ended up choosing Forretress, who provided extra hazard utility and also a check to Mamoswine, among other physical attackers.

The Team

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Really an essential mon for every UU team, checking almost every special attacker out there. It's also on of the most reliable rock setters for stall, beating a large amount of opposing defoggers and spinners, importantly mega blastoise who is the best spinner in the tier. Twave makes it tricky to switch into for most physical mons and really annoys sub cm chandelures that try and switch in- just be careful of heracross.
Furthermore, it allows Blissey to check a huge threat in work up refresh Mega Pidgeot. People dispute this point all the time saying it relies on hax, but the probability is quite solidly in blissey's favour, as Pidgeot has to alternate between roost, refresh and work up to win, and this gives plenty of opportunities for full paralysis to kick in. It requires 4 seismic tosses to kill Pidgeot from max health, but if its even at 98% Stoss is a 3hko, meaning you are more than likely to only need 2 full paras on burd to kill. I'm gonna spam some maths in a hide tag here just to prove that it is a check:

As Pidgeot is paralysed each time it uses refresh, for the best case scenario it simply spams refresh and has of 32 turns with the status. The chance of full paralysis is 0.25, so the chance of two full paras in a row is 0.25^2.

(1-(0.25^2))^32 = 0.13 to 2sf

This is the chance to not get fully paralysed twice in 32 turns, meaning the chance to get fully paralysed twice in 32 turns is 0.87. As you can see, this is very heavily in blissey's favour.

For 3 paras in a row:

(1-(0.25^3))^32 = 0.60 to 2sf

This one is definitely less in Blissey's favour and so Blissey is only really a check, not a counter. Still, by the time blissey dies pidge will likely be paralysed and so easily revenged. I have a replay of this in action to, and I so far haven't lost a single mon using this team to work up pidge thanks to this in combo with Mega pert

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

I haven't seen anyone else using this set but it's pretty fantastic. Megapert suits a spdef set because it deals with the special attacking mons that threaten blissey the most- SubCM Chandelure, Trick users and Nasty Plot Luc.
Curse lets you beat calm mind reuni, potentially crocune and just blasts holes in teams. We all know how good Ground+Ice coverage is and it really helps that pert can weaken its grass type answers on the switch in. Ice punch is also handy to hit mega pidge if I've lost blissey but its paralysed.

jigling ghost titys (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
-
Hex - Thanks to Dodmen!
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

This moist ghost counters suicune, helps break enemy stall, checks fighting types, checks reuni and cress, spinblocks and blocks slower defogs with taunt. Speed creeps florges and then some because I like the even defense and speed. It's not really all that physically bulky so try not to throw it around too much, and beware of pursuit.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Fatmence is almost mandatory on stall for being the only real switchin to every single heracross set. Speed EVs outspeed adamant heracross so you can roost out band stone edge, also lets you kill Orb SD Hera. Flamethrower again 2hkos heracross, and has good coverage against hazard setters- you can run air cutter if you want to 1hko it. Roost and defog are self-explanatory and Toxic lets mence hit opposing stallbreakers like Mandibuzz and Jellicent, as it outspeeds both, and also hits general switchins that aren't hit by flamethrower.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Umbreon and fatmence form a pretty formidable physical core that beats pretty much every prominent physical attacker besides Slurpuff (Watch out the random ice punches on Machamp and Lucario though- luckily when these carry ice punch they are easily dealt with by Jellicent). Phys def umbreon beats gatr, every mega aero set (yes, even the taunt+toxic ones thanks to synchronise), every mega abomasnow set, krookodile, mamoswine, azelf, salamence, non-life orb Haxorus and Doublade. Furthermore it maintains enough special bulk to deal with Nidoqueen, Ampharos and life orb hydrei if entirely necessary.

It also provides a huge amount of utility through its cleric role and can successfully pass to forretress thanks to their typing synergy. A very underrated mon in this meta.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

This is a pretty standard forretress set, that adds more hazard control to my team while also checking mamo, and countering slurpuff pretty hard. Because it's kind of surplus to requirements compared to my other mons its easy to keep it healthy through the match. I chose Tspikes over normal spikes just from simple experimentation with each (also stealing it after fighting PiF using tspikes forry), and tspikes really helps against threats like subcm chandy.

Threats/Issues

Salamence can roost stall it to death, but its pursuits do like 50% to blissey switching out and it becomes a big issue if it gets a boost.

More a general playstyle here, but the underrated Froslass offense has a good match up vs stall in general and can be very difficult to work around.

Nasty plot life orb azelf with dazzling gleam can cause issues, although it struggles to set up against any of my mons. Umbreon can survive a +2 hit without rocks and Megapert always survives one with them- just play carefully with it and it shouldn't be too much of an issue. It also helps that most don't run dazzling gleam in the first place, so umbreon answers most sets.

Subseed sets annoy the fuck out of blissey. Dealt with by getting tspikes up or just switching around to waste pp if they haven't got hazards up.

No phasing! - Yeah, I haven't been able to fit phasing in anywhere, so I need to apply as much pressure as I can to baton passing strats instead (also the odd sub set-up mons, but I beat most of them in other ways anyway). I could use roar/dtail mence I suppose but it would feel very passive.
Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239355573 - VS pretty standard balance with CM reuni. Cursepert punches huge holes in the team, helped by blissey spreading paralysis allowing pert to outspeed stuff even at -1 speed.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239358930 - Anger Management offensive balance getting pretty easily played around. Unfortunate burn on Cobalion, but didn't really matter as Mence isn't killed by +3 iron head anyway (and it didnt need to wall anything else on the team)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239365250 - Again vs balance, leech seed shaymin causes me issues but in getting up tspikes and killing their hazard remover I win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239234338 - Again balance. Dunno if it had refresh but work up pidge getting beaten by full paralysis and the duo of pert + blissey. Also Cursepert slamming a calm mind florges and amoonguss.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239229480 - VS offense. Here we have work up refresh pidge losing to Blissey via only 2 full paras in 17 turns.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-239090404 - Against offensive balance. Notable stuff is Jelly giving me a switch into endeavour mamo and another work up pidge, sans refresh, getting donked by blissey despite confusion.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-235524503 - Long stall v stall game against pokemonisfun, on my normal account. Basically, combination of cursepert and jellicent eventually weakens granbull, his cursepert answer, to the point where he can no longer phase, giving me the win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-238750384 - vs Arifeen hazard stacking balance. Notable stuff is band krook surprising me with stone edge, but being able to save mence via sneaky switches, and eventually catching it on the switch with jellicent's scald.

Importable
Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Curse
- Rest

And I think that's everything. Thanks for reading all o/

Last edited:
Hi! I think this team is very well built and it pretty much showcases stall in the current UU metagame, with some twists such as physically defensive Umbreon and Toxic Spikes Forretress. You clearly uilt with every top threat in mind and I'm happy to see that stall can still be successful in today's metagame (for diversity's sake, not that I personally enjoy using stall xd). So yeah congrats on your peak, and since the team is clearly successful and really solid in general I only have a few small suggestions I'd like to make.

CM Reuniclus is one of, if not /the/ biggest threat to stall and while you do have Taunt Jellicent to check it, it's likely to be heavily pressured by trying to keep Taunting it every three turns while also recovering from the +1 Psyshocks or Shadow Balls it'll have to eat. And all the while Reuniclus will be healing with Leftovers which you can't really keep up with with Scald. Your other check, Curse Mega Pert, is forced to Rest to stay healthy, giving Reuniclus three free turns to boost further. So one cool little tech you could try is to use Hex>Scald on Jellicent, which does enough to force Reuniclus out at +1 (around 50%) if you status it. I guess you could also replace WoW since you already have a massive amount of status on your team anyway. Hex still guarantees you to break Cobalion's Sub with 8 SpA EVs, and also gives you a harder hit on other stuff like Cresselia and Empoleon which can be annoying for your team.

The other suggestion I have is to run Moonlight over Protect on Umbreon. This is because Umbreon absolutely needs to stay as healthy as possible if your opponent has something like SD Feraligatr, DD and/or LO Salamence, etc. You don't want to be in a position where you're sitting at low health and need a Protect to receive your Wish, but you have a Cobalion or something in front of you. So yeah Moonlight gives Umbreon a more reliable shot at keeping itself healthy when it needs to.

There are definitely a couple things that can cause your team a lot of problems, like Taunt Krookodile or Work Up Refresh Pidgeot (T-Wave Blissey is not a reliable counter :( ) but overall you've got almost all of your bases covered. Good team again, hope you'll take these suggestions into consideration :)

Last edited:
Hey there, this is a cool team and I've made a very similar build before but more offensive (queen over pert and mega-aero over blissey, refresh dd mence and taunt on umbreon).

From my own experience of using that team, I know gatr with ice punch and crunch is still a big threat to this kind of build given how easily it can set up and the only thing that can take a hit from it once it is set up is umbreon who can be difficult to keep healthy above 85% (max roll for +2 adamant gatr) if you want it to be doing its cleric duties. I would recommend using draco meteor over either toxic or flamethrower ( I would say flamethrower as your team doesn't really have much issue with forretress or gron) on salamence to give you a secondary check to gatr that also beats any non ice-punch sets and to give you another mon it can't set up on which can also revenge kill it if it's around 60%.

I personally prefer aero over swampert just for more pidge insurance and the fact that it can beat taunt krook better with aqua tail and also outspeeds chandelure as well as beating stall breaker crobat which looks like a problem for your team. I've also found that a lot of taunt users on stall really helps force plays. This would come at the price of being weaker to rotom-h-you would probably have to take the trick if it runs it, and losing an electric immunity which could be annoying against volturn.

This last suggestion is very small and perhaps to situational but I think ice beam>thunder wave on blissey gives you better odds against work up refresh pidge and gives you a better chance vs taunt roost hydra. It's also a better move against mence than t-wave given that lum berry or sub dd aren't all that rare in my experience. Ice beam would also take a little pressure off umbreon from being forced to switch in to mence every time. Ice beam stops gligar from coming in and defogging for free as well so that's another perk.

Hope the suggestions were helpful and congrats on the peak :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

dodmen Yeah, I think hex is a good idea and a little more offensive presence never hurts. I used to run moonlight umbreon in this core, actually a weird set of protect+moonlight because it has a habit of bringing in choiced mons like crazy. I ended up dropping it for wish when I started using forrey, but I'll give it a go :)

spuds4ever I'm honestly always switching up attacks on mence, so I'll give draco a try. Gatr is just a really difficult threat to prepare for, so more checks does no harm.

I can't see myself changing mega pert though, as volt-turn is very common right now and I think it's important to have something that makes those teams think twice about clicking volt switch. Aero also can't switch into chandelure very well, which is one of the main reasons I chose to use pert. I also don't really know about Ice beam, as twave is just so spammable, and it doesn't 2hko mega pidge besides. I also have Forrey for physical mence (Which is increasingly uncommon today actually) if needs be.

The problem I have with Draco>Flamethrower is that the set becomes walled by Steel types, most notably Cobalion who will straight up win if Jellicent gets Pursuit trapped or weakened. It also is much shakier vs Heracross, while also putting more pressure on your other mons to handle Doublade and Lucario. I like Toxic a lot on this set too, letting you cripple stuff like P2, Donphan, opposing Jellicent, Cresselia, etc that could possibly cause problems for the rest of your team (or just be super annoying to wear down in the case of the first two). I think the combination of Flamethrower+Toxic is great and gives you exactly the insurance you need against specific threats; worst case scenario against SD Gatr is you outspeed, Toxic, and Roost stall it.

Also I forgot to mention this in my first post but your Swampert set is amazing, definitely gotta give that a shot when I get the chance. A win condition that can heal off status and also can't be Tricked is an amazing asset for stall, and Swampert is a much better choice than shitty Curse Aggron.

Just a slight nitpick, but defensive umbreon doesnt beat dd gatr if it's switching in on a dd.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 211-250 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 220-259 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I can see gatr paired with healing wish/lunar dance being able to clean up your team quite easily.

From past experience, taunt jellicent doesnt actually beat suicune unless you speed creep it. However investing that much speed will leave you with almost no bulk. But I do think it's something you should definitely consider.

Orb hera also looks like a huge nuisance to your team, as I personally always run jolly on heracross. +1 facade has a VERY high chance of killing your mence. Even if it doesnt kill, flame thrower will only be doing half back to it, leaving it a few turns to completely wreck havoc on your team. So I suggest putting in a bit more investment to hit 296 speed. Dragon tail is also another option you should consider on mence over toxic as it gives you some much needed phazing.

When it comes to dragon dance gatr I wishtect stall the waterfalls (at max rolls it only takes 1.4% net damage), until they eventually go for the second dragon dance and I can 1hko with foul play. On that note, I've been trying out wish/moonlight and although moonlight has benefits, I tend to prefer wishtect as you can avoid some 2hkos after rocks and such with protect, and stall out some status turns in a pinch. Hex on Jelly is amazing though and it's definitely earned a permanent spot on the team.

Jelli should beat taunt suicune anyway as I can just switch around as it rests, and scalds should run out before taunt pp does, unless I'm missing something. I also get an opportunity to set up swampert when it rests. I'll try creeping jolly heracross on mence though, but I'd hate to get rid of toxic because I've just found it so useful in hitting common switch-ins. I miggghht try air cutter again if hera becomes a problem. Thanks!

Doesn't Weezing beat all Heracross too (something like ADV's Wisp Haze RestTalk maybe?) or am I missing something?
Weezing sucks and loses to SD Orb variants with Facade, although that is an uncommon, but still effective, set.
Weezing is also just too easy to set up on. Any mon with taunt eats it alive. Mence has generally better utility due to intimidate and a better movepool, as well as reliable recovery.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
You should add Swords Dance Pangoro to the threatlist, it destroys your tea when boosted. (SD Pangoro demolishes stall.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)