Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
interested to see how Ryu plays

also how is smash going to differentiate against Roy (FE) and Roy (Koopaling)

inb4 Koopaling at the end of the name, Xander you'll need to do some more work on top of what you gotta do.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
From observations, Roy actually has a smaller sword than Marth / Lucina, but makes up for it with faster frame data. His f-tilt and f-smash seem to be brand new, his d-air is now reminiscent of Ike's, d-throw has virtually no knockback at low percents (allowing for easy follow-ups), and his neutral b, Blazer, retains its OHKO power from Melee when fully charged. His gimmick with the sweetspot on the hilt of the sword may very well be great due to all of these attributes.

Ryu, apart from having final smashes, also comes with the unique quirk of having multiple B specials that are triggered by inputting a combination of buttons - this stays true to how Street Fighter works. His up b seems to be quite sad for Sm4sh standards (think Little Mac).

And with Miiverse and Dreamland 64 being on the way for both the 3DS and the Wii U, it'll be nice to see them on the competitive scene. I see Miiverse as either a starter or outright banned depending on how messages are triggered, while Dreamland 64 will likely be a counterpick given its huge blastlines. Sadly, its visuals are virtually unchanged.

Does anyone know if you can map dpad to directional inputs with custom controls? I'm not about to try to pull SRK off with a gamecube joystick

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just to be clear, the best way to DL the new stuff is through the eShop in the game, not through the main menu? I keep getting to the purchase screen and it says an error occurs. nintendo step your shit up

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ryu's a pretty interesting character to say the least. I've discovered that tapping his neutral A, up tilt, and down tilt will result in combo setup moves, often comboing into a Shoryuken. Also discovered that inputting the actions required to use the moves in Street Fighter powers up your specials. I gotta say, Ryu got a lot of love during the transition to Smash.

I for one am happy I only ever bothered to remember Ryu's special moves dating back to the SF2 days. Touch disappointed they didn't put in a bit more effort to make his red costume look like Ken, since they were basically pallet swaps with a slightly different hairstyle until the later games (then you get OMG KEN IS IN SMASH BROS also, like how Mario's alt costume looked like Wario before Wario was put in Brawl).

Dunno why no one likes Roy, if anything people should really hate Lucina more for being an almost literal clone besides the fact she's a chick, if you never played FE:A, people probably wondered even more wtf she's in there for and why she looks just like Marth.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I see Miiverse as either a starter or outright banned depending on how messages are triggered, while Dreamland 64 will likely be a counterpick given its huge blastlines. Sadly, its visuals are virtually unchanged.
Just out of curiosity (I'm a bloody casual), why would Miiverse be banned on account of how messages work? The messages are background-only and shouldn't affect gameplay, right?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Just out of curiosity (I'm a bloody casual), why would Miiverse be banned on account of how messages work? The messages are background-only and shouldn't affect gameplay, right?
Subliminal / inappropriate messages, pretty much. Depending on how the filter works, that is. We just recently received the stage so figuring out the quirks will come in due time. Otherwise, it's exactly identical to Battlefield and can be a starter stage in tournaments.

Best case scenario, it's Battlefield with memes.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
For the record, the Miiverse stage can be played without the messages in the background. You just have to turn off the internet connection.

Nice work, Rodan! I ended up dropping Charizard in favour of Megaman a few months back, how'd you end up making it that far? Any moves to be abusing? Good reads? Are there any videos of you in action?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
zard got some pretty heavy buffs in the last patch, his uthrow kills at around 110% or lower if on stages like battlefield or halberd. that is absolutely enormous, also his dthrow combos into things now which helps him a lot. the best thing with zard is to abuse the super armor on his rock smash and do things like sh nair and jab. charizards jab is probably the best in the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)