Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why are you assuming they are untrained?
Armchair priests and silver spoon licking silk wearers? Both of whom have not risen to prominence for very long? At least the Sons have a fair excuse to not be carrying around armor, but given that the Sparrows are a legitimized army, the fact that they aren't wearing armor proves that they don't know what they are doing.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wanna know what the fuck Jaime was thinking when he let resting bitch face kiss Myrcella for no apparent reason

Here I literally just changed my avatar the other day. And just watched a video with a really good theory on how Jon is the rightful heir of the 7 Kingdoms and the merge of Ice of the Starks and Fire or the Targaryens. And then I watch this, and what the hell.

Kit Harrington has a renewed contract for season 6. If he doesn't some how magically get saved or warged into ghosts body and just does flash backs or haunts Brand's mind as a ghost or something then I'm gonna be pissed. x__X

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Here I literally just changed my avatar the other day. And just watched a video with a really good theory on how Jon is the rightful heir of the 7 Kingdoms and the merge of Ice of the Starks and Fire or the Targaryens. And then I watch this, and what the hell.
Oh man I just figured that out yesterday too, I was watching that episode where Ned says he will explain about his mother when he gets back, and I was like "holy fuck".

Also I was so sure Jon was going to die when the white walkers turned up. I guess I just missed by a couple of weeks.

Also because I am so good at picking who will live/die. Stannis is definitely dead, and Arya is definitely alive. I think (about Arya, Stannis is definitely, definitely dead).

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
im just more upset that stannis the mannis was ended by the worst character in the whole show, i'd have rather let ramsay have him

im just more upset that stannis the mannis was ended by the worst character in the whole show, i'd have rather let ramsay have him
true true

at the same time though it was an offscreen death... so who knows. I want to say he's dead just based on his final words. His face seemed to show that he realized he was basically used by red lady and kind of gave up all hope. but knowing BRIENNE OF TARTH, SWORN KINGSGUARD OF IRRELEVANCE AND PROTECTOR OF USELESSNESS, she probably let him live. I'd prefer a dead stannis over some depressed stannis any day though.

and yeah even after a good night's sleep, fuck the nights watch. I hope the wildlings hear of Jon's death and take over the wall

^He said in a recent interview that he won't be in season 6 and as far as he knows, Jon Snow is dead. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

Edit: Though that doesn't mean he can't come back.
Pretty sure Melisandre didn't come back to the wall for nothing. She realised that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai not Stannis. Remember the brotherhood without banners? Thoros Myr (a red priest) revives Beric Dondarrion. A lot of people are speculating that Melisandre will bring him back to life. His death could also release him from his Night's Watch vows. "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

King's Landing and Braavos scenes were amazing. I would have liked to see the Tyrells in the finale but whatever.

Lol at Varys just appearing out of nowhere. He must be using littlefinger's jetpack when he went from Winterfell to King's Landing in one episode.

Dorne plot was an absolute clusterfuck and a waste of screen time that could have been used on the Iron Islands. Fun fact: If Stannis is actually dead, Balon Greyjoy won the war of the five kings.

The thing that bothered me the most was that they completely butchered Stannis' character. He's supposedly the most gifted millitary commander in Westeros but he decided to press on to Winterfell after losing half of his already starved and weakened army. If he had bothered sending scouts, he would have known beforehand that his infantry units are going to be annihilated by a larger and horsed Bolton host. I also don't like how brainless he is, leading the van guard without even wearing a helm. In the books, he commands in the rear. The aerial shots of the battle were amazing though.

Overall, this season feels too rushed. There were too many deaths, too many shocking scenes and nowhere near enough character development. The finale had too many cliffhangers as well. Season one had a much slower pace but was still the best season so far. I feel like I'm not affected any more by the death of main characters because of how frequently it's happening. When Eddard Stark died, everybody was dejected because nobody saw it coming. Jon Snow's death just didn't have the same effect on me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
stannis is probably dead but there are hints that he could have survived. first, he's the only major character to not get an on-screen death besides ned (whose headless body was shown in the next episode) and the hound (not confirmed dead). second, brienne has been hunting this dark king who she expected to be just as evil as that shadow which killed renly, but instead she finds a guy who even at the brink of execution doesn't cry out for mercy, but tells her to do her duty. perhaps she realizes he isn't worth killing and swings at the tree or something. and third, stannis keeps looking behind her in the scene, perhaps someone stopped brienne's strike. pod to the rescue?

as for jon snow, dead but not for long is my assumption. with melisandre at the wall having abandoned stannis, we could see some resurrection. hopefully she has to sacrifice thorne to do it. maybe jon will come back as a half living being and unite the armies of living and dead to march on westeros and fuck the world up?

arya's probably blind but not dead because again they didn't show her die, and her eyes got all milky
dany is a prisoner of the dothraki again shoutout to season 1
someone please tell me what happened to sansa and theon/reek (that was theon in the finale imo). they jumped off the battlements of winterfell. was that suicide or an escape attempt?

also THE MOUNTAIN IS BACK BOYS

You hear Brienne yelp as she swings, so she either was interrupted or didn't kill him. I don't think Stannis would go out like that, personally.

Amazing scene in Croatia by Lena Headey :heart:

fuck yea. stannis and myranda both dead. brienne have no reason to let him alive because killing Stannis was one of her goals, also Stannis was hurt badly (in the legs).

Myrcella no :pirate: Tommen is the next.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
someone please tell me what happened to sansa and theon/reek (that was theon in the finale imo). they jumped off the battlements of winterfell. was that suicide or an escape attempt?
Reek is a dumb and thinks he might as well die rather than being caught when he is basically forced into a rescue attempt gone bad, although others are attempting to pull as rescue here (it's complicated). It was an escape attempt, and they are likely NOT DEAD unless the show pulls a really big dumb. In general this was a really bad scene since Myranda does die from a softer fall, really bad writing here.

I'll post some more thoughts later, can't say this was the best of show episodes though, too many cliffhangers for one.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Some say that this has been the season of untrained rabble defeating seasoned warriors. That may be so, but I'd also say it's the season of horses:

First we have Petyr Baelish's Jet horse, taking him from Winterfell to King's Landing in the span of a single episode (a journey that takes the better part of two months - Winterfell is located three hundred miles from the sea, and if you look at a map, that distance is not even a fifth of the way to King's Landing).

Then this episode ramped it up. We then saw the Bolton Pocket horses, which can reside in the thousands inside the walls of Winterfell without being noticed by anybody before then. Seriously, every other Sansa scene this season should have had a dozen extras shoving horse dung over the walls in the background, and probably half again as many bringing food in the other way.

Last, the Dothraki Stealth horses. A horde of thousands of mounted warriors in full gallop can go unnoticed by a girl and her dragon, in a wide open landscape, until they're fifty metres away from her - and then she only hears the lone horse right in front of her, and not the thousands running at her from the other direction.

Honorable mention: Melisandre's Convenience horse. Hundreds of horses slain in the horse lines? Deserters running away with all those remaining? General starvation in the camp, forcing soldiers to butcher horses for food? Well, it Just So Happens (TM) that there is one left, ready for Melisandre to ride away on, and it takes her all the way to Castle Black even when its rider is in shock. What a clever horse.

Other than that - a nice way to end the season. Though, the Dorne plot could have been dropped. They could have had one scene with Myrcella's head arriving in a box at the start of the season, and pretty much nothing would have been lost. No character development, no relevant plot development.

Seeing Stannis go, off-screen, well... had there been anything for him to come back for, I'd say he's no deader than he used to be. But it seems the series is going to cut down on its characters, and Stannis has had his buildup and his downfall already. Lost his men, lost his only child, lost his wife, Melisandre abandoned him, and it's been clear from the beginning that he is not Azor Ahai reborn. In the books, I'd say he has a fairly good chance of survival, but without Wyman the Wonderful on his side, Show!Stannis doesn't seem to have such a bright future.

On to Brienne, who were with Stannis (for some reason...). Sansa and Theon have just jumped off a wall (one full storey taller than the one which killed Myranda, but they have plot armour and will probably be just fine), and could need some support. With Stannis out of the picture, Brienne and Podrick are in dire need of a new plot line. I guess they'll be heading to the Wall in the next season, to meet Jon. Also, because where else can they go?

Tyrion, Missandei, Grey Worm and Varys ruling Meereen: If done well, this could have been a series of its own. Let's hope the writers do a good job here. The Meereenese will never even know what hit them.

Also, props to Lena Headey, or maybe her body double. That scene could not have been the easiest one to film. Requiring the actress to be naked, filthy, and have strangers screaming obscenities at her. For several takes. It must have taken days. That has to be quite psychologically tough, no matter how "pretend" it is. Oh, and there are cameras too.

Reek is a dumb and thinks he might as well die rather than being caught when he is basically forced into a rescue attempt gone bad, although others are attempting to pull as rescue here (it's complicated). It was an escape attempt, and they are likely NOT DEAD unless the show pulls a really big dumb. In general this was a really bad scene since Myranda does die from a softer fall, really bad writing here.

I'll post some more thoughts later, can't say this was the best of show episodes though, too many cliffhangers for one.
In the books, Theon's jumps off an 80 ft wall but lands on 40 ft of fresh snow which softens the impact significantly. The showrunners can still pull it off if they show Theon and Sansa falling into the snow since Myranda lands into a solid surface inside the castle.

At least CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED GET HYPE

Also, Stannis ain't dead. Game of Thrones don't kill named characters off-screen, though I do wish they had some budget/screen time left to have an actual battle scene instead of just "yeah every last soldier except for Ramsay, Stannis, and like 5 other people died. It was hella cool."

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)