E3 2015 - leaks, hype, thoughts, broken dreams all itt

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think we will hear some Pokemon stuff in E3, because Bandai is releasing a new Pokemon series of toys on 16th June.
I don't think it's coincidence.

Fallout 4 is starting to look absolutely amazing. Looks so much smoother than FO3 and FNV, and the added customization options for weapons and armour look slick. The best thing though, IMO, is the option to build (multiple!) bases. Release date November 11th, I'm hyped.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fallout 4 looks like ass

it also looks like a ten year old game

thank god for dishonored 2

smash announcements (and how quickly they were implemented) were awesome, mother port great news (if way overdue), and i'm p sure the only other thing to care about is the new mgsv trailer that should be being shown in about four minutes

:toast:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pretty disappointed for not being able to follow Nintendo's conference this year because of work. Oh well, the Internet here is kind of terrible anyway, so I guess in sum I won't miss anything. Anyway, I think we'll see a new Pokémon game (the inevitable follow-up(s) to XY), and OI will go nuts. I Nintendo didn't have any Pokémon news to feature at E3, they would have revealed Super Mystery Dungeon at E3 rather than the month before.

Other than that... well, apart from my 3DS I don't own any of the current-gen consoles, and my PC isn't the best out there, so it's kind of limited how much hype I can build. There might be some games out there that could pull me on some hype train, but so far I've heard no rumours about the few franchises I do follow.

They spent about 2 minutes on Mass Effect and about 15 interviewing Pele, then the twitch stream crashed while they showed battlefront. EA with a strong showing.

Yay for ff7 remake. Just a shame they'll probably charge a full $60 for it :(

Faint hope PC gets it I guess, though I can borrow relative's PS4 I guess. Please keep good old ATB and don't migrate to the crappy system for 13 and beyond.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

maybe it's just me and I'm determined to be pessimistic about this game but showing skill-like abilities that cool down (jetpacks, rocket launchers) instead of the class system and having AT-ATs call in 'orbital bombardments' where the rebels 'summon shields' makes me determined not to buy this game. It looks so objective and garrison-focused rather than two armies just massing with each other. Also, why is ROTJ luke fighting vader on hoth?

Not a big FF fan but the remake is cool. Seems to be another timed exclusive for Sony judging by the fact it was mentioned to be coming out on other platforms.

There was a ton of stuff that was timed exclusives, or playstation-exclusive beta, or playstation-exclusive DLC, or PS4 + PC, not that many actual exclusives.

Also I love how they put the chibi FF trailer first as a fakeout, and then even when you get to the actual trailer it spends most of its time dancing around and hinting until it finally plays the first notes from the intro theme and you see the buster sword

iirc the Squeenix presentation is still tomorrow and they had a hype video teasing a bunch of new announcements with Frog's theme playing in the background, I was wondering if that'd amount to anything but doing things that huge numbers of fans have been wanting twice would be too nice for squeenix

also

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

maybe it's just me and I'm determined to be pessimistic about this game but showing skill-like abilities that cool down (jetpacks, rocket launchers) instead of the class system and having AT-ATs call in 'orbital bombardments' where the rebels 'summon shields' makes me determined not to buy this game. It looks so objective and garrison-focused rather than two armies just massing with each other. Also, why is ROTJ luke fighting vader on hoth?
God damn... See, I think it looks awesome. But can kinda agree on this. I'm not really sure what it means by "40 Scenarios on Hoth" or whatever it said. I want to believe they will make other changes, but it seems way too close to release now. I'd much rather have ammo for my rocket launcher than any sort of cooldown though... Seems pointless if the cooldown is equal to the reload speed @_@

I really want this game to be bad, but it looks really fun.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
nintendo that sucked i am sad
fuckin seriously, when the #1 game you announce is star fox, and the #2 is mario & luigi: definitely not paper mario reskin you may have an issue

also ppl actually think the last guardian will be released ahahhahaha its like duke nukem forever except it might not be complete dogshit in a decade when it comes out

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
like, wooly world was cool and all but i honestly thought that was out already. like i've heard so much about it why was it given ~5-10 min of screentime????? WHY WHERE IS THE POKEMON

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why was Zelda Wii U not showcased!? I know it's not coming out till next year but it would be nice to get more info

Mario and Luigi X Paper Mario and 4-Player Metroid are ideas that could turn out really well but are also really easy to screw up. And those trailers...I dunno man...

Star Fox was kickass though.

Nintendo's presentation was better than last year, but it still sucked. Star fox was their #1 game and aside from its outdated graphics, it doesn't look too terrible. New Metroid Prime is also a big plus. No third party partnerships is a huge downside though.

Overall, aside from Nintendo's lackluster presentation, this was a good E3. I'm definitely looking forward to Star Wars battlefront and Halo 5. I might pick up Star Fox zero too depending on the reception it gets.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My problem with this years E3 was that almost everything was a 2016 annoucement. Even with the hype Sony confernece (the only particulary good conference at that), almost nothing was announced for this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)