Media Metalheads Thread III

Maryland Deathfest has been a blast so far.

Vattnet Viskar, Gnaw Their Tongues, Adversarial, Demoncy and Tsjuder were all fucking awesome.

today is PACKED:

Edison Lot - A
Tombs 1:20 to2:00
Goatsnake 3:05to 3:55
Winter 4:45 to5:40
Skepticism 6:45to 7:35
Neurosis 8:40 to9:45
Edison Lot - B
Prosanctus Inferi12:45 to 1:15
Masacre 2:05 to3:00
Primordial 4:00to 4:50
Anaal Nathrakh5:45 to 6:40
Demilich 7:40 to8:35
Amorphis 9:50 to10:50

Rams Head Live
Thantifaxath10:00 to 10:30
Impetuous Ritual10:45 to 11:30
Knelt Rote 11:45to 12:30
Portal 12:45 to1:40

only two bands i don't care about. \m/

MDF XIII

Funebrarum: missed most of their set waiting in line
Vallenfyre: wasn't in to it.
Master: lol
Cianide: LOL
Vattnet Viskar: was fucking awesome. they played 4 tracks off the new album and ended with Weakness. we called it a night after that and went back to Mark's to drink and smoke.

Serpentine Path: we didn't get up in time to see these guys sadly.
everything else until Tryptikon was shitty/not my thing at all. they were really good though, definitely going to check out more of their stuff.
Adversarial: was very surprised with these guys. really cool stuff. their gorilla of a drummer was absolutely insane, some of the most impressive gravity blasts i've ever seen.
Gnaw Their Tongues: if there was one band i was looking forward to that was a let down, it was these guys. it was much better after i moved in front of the speakers so i could FEEL it, but it's just not a style that can be easily duplicated live.
Demoncy: these guys were really good, did the whole choir robe thing and were just evil in general.
Tsjuder: at least i thought Demoncy was evil until these guys came on. fucking great show.

we again had trouble getting going the next day and missed Prosanctus Inferi and Tombs.
Masacre: not my thing at all, but they sounded good for what it was.
Goatsnake: holy shit this was bad. i liked it when he played the harmonica because then he couldn't sing.
Primordial: eh eh eh. was hoping i'd like them live but i couldn't get in to it.
Winter: not a fan. was pretty boring.
Anaal Nathrakh: holy shit they were good. vocalist is an absolute beast, great stage presence. was happy they had a live drummer. these guys were definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me.
Skepticism: they were really fucking heavy considering they had an organ, guitar, and drums. the first 20 minutes was cool, but got pretty tiresome after that. i went and got Pork Lord tacos.
Demilich: really really fucking cool. thanks for hyping them to me [user]Psalmazaar[/user].
Neurosis: i'm actually not THAT big of a fan of these guys, but holy shit they were great. heaviest band of the weekend and it wasn't even close. buncha old guys just pummeling faces.
the next stretch of Thantifaxath/Impetuous Ritual/Knelt Rote/Portal was absolutely insane. Thantifaxath did the whole choir robe thing too, and they were outstanding. IR came out in blood and loin cloths and murdered everyone. KR seemed very out of place after those two, coming out in jeans and t-shirts, but they blew me away. probably the best guitar work of the weekend (outside of like, Demilich), and their drummer was insane. and then Portal brought the abyss to life. they all had Locust-style face masks except for the vocalist who came out in regalia. he looked like a fucking ascended sleeper. they started their last song at 1:40 and Rams Head cut off their amps and turned on the house lights at like 1:45, but they just kept playing. there was easily 2000 these at the end.

all in all, fucking great weekend.
already looking forward to next year.

also Crucial Blast took all my money. i spent so much money on merch and probably 80% went to them, the fucks. here's my haul:

Lunar Aurora - Mond / Alkeerdeer - Morinde / Arcana Coelestia - Le mirage de l'ideal / Moon - The Ninth Gate - / Darkspace - Darkspace III / Barren Harvest - Subtle Cruelties / Boduf Songs - Stench of Exist / Gnaw Their Tongues - Per Flagellum Sanguemque, Tenebras Veneramus / Darkspace - Darkspace III I / EA - A Etilla / Dead Elephant - Thantology / Dead Elephant - Lowest Shared Descent / Darkspace I

Gnaw Thier Tongues + Alkerdeel - Dyodyo Asema / Lord Mantis - Death Mask / Old Man Gloom - The Ape of God / Old Man Gloom - The Ape of God (the other one) / Urna - Iter ad Lucem / Neptune Towers - Caravans to Empire Algol / Njiqahdda - Yrg Alms / Spektr - Et Fugit Interea / Velvet Cacoon - Geneveive / Black Sheep Wall - No Matter Where it Ends / Deathspell Omega - Si MonumentumRequires Circumspice / Pinkish Black - Pinkish Black / Pyramids - A Northern Meadow / Made Out of Babies - Coward / Made Out of Babies - Trophy

NOT PICTURED: Sky Swallower and Settler from Vattnet Viskar, as well as a shirt from them, and a Gnaw Their Tongues shirt.

you can see a bunch of shitty vid clips on my instagram: @stonespiceco

here's a couple cool pictures i took:

ME, MY BUDDY WHO WE STAYED WITH, AND MY BUDDY WHO CAME UP AS WELL DRINKING SURLY DARKNESS ON FRIDAY NIGHT

THIS COOL GIRL WHO WANTED TO "UPGRADE MY BRAID"

SO SHE DID

ME WAITING FOR THE SUN TO GO THE FUCK AWAY ON SUNDAY

IMPETUOUS RITUAL

PEOPLE WAITING FOR PORTAL

PORTAL

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
New Skinless album out today, sounds solid imo

I confess I've never seen Slayer in concert (don't kill me). But in November i will be able to solve this issue as they will be in Milan at like 5 mins from my university. Hooray!

and the "special guests" are nothing to scoff at

For some reason it took me two years to discover the bonus tracks on Amon Amarth's most recent album. That being said, if you like Amon Amarth and/or AC/DC:

been listening to new make them suffer, old souls, and holy balls it is amazing. just so many neat sounds arranged so majestically...lol idk how to describe it

also new nekrogoblikon is pretty neat stuff

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I had been kind of avoiding the new nekrogoblikon until you mentioned it... It's way different than I was expecting. Their identity as a band is still progressively more nebulous but damn are they getting better at songwriting.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
New Skinless album out today, sounds solid imo

I confess I've never seen Slayer in concert (don't kill me). But in November i will be able to solve this issue as they will be in Milan at like 5 mins from my university. Hooray!

and the "special guests" are nothing to scoff at
I'd suck three dicks to see this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)