2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Agree with latino, the only mistake he made was keeping Vidal on the pitch.

bleh, wanted juventus to win. glad to see a serie a club in the final though i guess, even if it is juve lol. messi was a nonentity, but that hardly matters with how good hes been in the rest of the year. him, iniesta and xavi now all have 4 CLs, but the latter two will probably be gone before messi gets his 5th, meaning he'll be tied with the 1950s class of Madrid players to have 5 european cups.

I'd say that was a penalty on Pogba yeah.

Though if you're really gonna say Neymar's goal was wrongfully disallowed you don't know what you're talking about, that was so obviously a handball.
Its a shady goal if it stands, but the rules on a handball are that it has to be deliberate, absolutely no chance it was. Anywhere else on the pitch I don't think the ref would have whistled.

I am glad it didn't stand though.

Last edited:
Its a shady goal if it stands, but the rules on a handball are that it has to be deliberate, absolutely no chance it was. Anywhere else on the pitch I doubt the ref would have whistled.

I am glad it didn't stand though.
Come on, if the ball didn't hit his hand it wouldn't even have gone in. Neymar knew it was a handball and it wouldn't count, that's why he pointed this shoulder. Keep in mind a handball is pretty much delibirate when your hand isn't next to your body, you know how defenders walk around in the penalty area with their arms straight down pushed towards their body?

https://vine.co/v/eMDvZX6Az60

Liverpool sign Ings.

Out of all the things he's done, the most baffling and downright stupid is Hodgeson playing Wilshere as a holding midfielder. I'm going to refuse to watch England until he either plays Wilshere in an attacking position or drops him. It just makes me cringe everytime I see it.

Liverpool sign Ings.

Out of all the things he's done, the most baffling and downright stupid is Hodgeson playing Wilshere as a holding midfielder. I'm going to refuse to watch England until he either plays Wilshere in an attacking position or drops him. It just makes me cringe everytime I see it.
Well Hodgson lacks good defensive midfielders in the first place, so he's probably still trying to figure out how to address that situation, not sure. England's last good CDM was Hargreaves, though Carrick might be fine too.

I wonder when people will stop going into crisis mode for clubs after a rough start at the beginning of the season. This season had so many examples of clubs climbing back from being in rough patches to climbing up and achieving glory or doing extremely well. Lists can include Arsenal, Barcelona, PSG, Dortmund, Leicester city, aston villa, and Manchester United just to name a few off the top of my head. Can we also recognize that teams who start well don't always finish well. I wouldn't necessarily put Bayern in here because they did win the league again but they lost in their other 2 competitions towards the end of the season. Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham, Hull City, Marseille, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid as well.

@ Drift Wizard: He played Henderson, Wilshere and Milner in midfield with Milner in no.10, Henderson box to box and Wilshere holding. Maybe it's just me but would it not make more sense to have Wilshere in no.10, Milner box to box and tell Henderson to sacrifice himself and hold. I'd need Liverpool fan's input on this but he seems far more comfortable there. Wilshere can't pass long at all and tackles like Scholes but he has quick feet, loves taking people on and is one of the few dribblers in the league who can make the ball seem to stick to his feet. And he loves short, quick passes. His talents are wasted there and he's constantly losing the ball because he's trying to turn and dribble out of the back four. It's excruciating. Henderson as far as I know has always been an orthodox mid, he's been the captain of the U21s, has good vision, has a far better range of passing and better tackling and defensive positioning. He seems at least to me to be much better suited further back than Wilshere. Milner made his name as a box to box mid so why not play him there, and why play him at no.10...? I really don't understand Hodgeson one bit.

Nope, none of them should be DMs. The England selectors need to search and find an English player who actually does play as a DM even if he isn't in top premier league club. Henderson would not make a good DM, although purely down to his work ethic and determination to succeed he would probably be the best choice as a sacrifice. However, Phil Jones played DM a few times at United didn't he, maybe he would be a decent try.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Hope Costa and Rémy stay fit, and Falcao can enjoy another season of earning shit loads for being a waste of space.

I think he gets a run of games under Mourinho he will start finding the net on a regular basis. Going for 1 every 2 games. He also gets to reunite with Costa upfront if they want to play two up front and change the system.

His goal record wasn't that bad, but even pre injury he wasn't doing that well at Monaco and was getting dragged off 30 minutes earlier or an unused sub, its not just at United.

Southampton signing Juanmi for just over 5 million isn't a bad bit of business on their part.

Last edited:
falcao will be taking a paycut at chelsea and is still on loan. Another thing Man United can't do right.

Edit: Micah Richards to Aston Villa. Good for both him and Tim Sherwood. Always love to see people getting revenge on Tottenham

Last edited:
So Andre-Pierre Gignac has decided that playing for Marseille in Europe and possible moving to a bigger club and possible playing chamions league is too mainstream and will now be moving to tigres in mexico. In other bizarre news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)