Steam Summer Sale 2015

Grabbed Ys Origin from a flash sale and decided to finally try Neptunia to see if it's any good

also thanks for mentioning Crypt of the Necrodancer and RE4, I've wanted the former but forgot to put it on my wishlist fsr and the latter has been on my to play list for ages but I never actually realized it was on Steam

Tempting to go with the FF4 bundle, but then I remembered the PC version is the (to me vastly inferior) DS version instead of the GBA version (which had lots of extra content while allowing you to mix and match your party with all old members at will with new techniques/combos). I eventually want to play After Years, but wasn't it also released as a sprite version instead of the meh DS graphics look?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just bought Dust An Elysian Tale for 80% off which I've been recommended as a good RPG/Metroidvania, which I have to be honest I've been clamoring for with the news as of late.

Gunpoint is also on Flash Sale for the next 4 hours, and I'd highly suggest it too. Hilarious and fantastic 2D spy/stealth game. Has a demo too. But for $2 it's a great little game.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow Damned is in the flash sale

Do NOT fucking buy it

I have never regretted a game purchase more. I have a buddy who bought it with me and the fact that we both own Damned is a running joke. It's just about the most... not unfinished, but unstarted game I've ever had the misfortunate of attempting to play, and the fact that it's both on sale and claims to not be early access is scary. You'll see a 75% positive rating. Read those reviews. They are Three Wolf Moon meme reviews.

Shameful display

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I want to buy things but the responsibility in me says I've been sitting on Mass Effect 3 for years, Bastion, XCOM etc. and still haven't even played those so when am I going to get around to playing all the shit I would buy here? :( Might as well wait for next year, might have a job I don't work 60 hours a week for then and defeat some of this backlog...

I bought CS:GO, Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2. For CS:GO and Left 4 Dead 2 a lot of my friends also bought this week so we can all play as a group together and enjoy these online multiplayer games more. I bought Portal 2 because my friend convinced me. The story is pretty good and a couple of my friends enjoy the co-op of the game.
CS:GO is a really difficult game to master. It seems complicated when you first play the game and its really hard to play against experienced players. However, it just takes time and practice. The game is still fun overall, especially with friends. The graphics are pretty solid and the guns are really cool.
Portal 2 so far is a really cool game. Glad my friend recommended me this game because we spent countless hours already trying to pass levels. The story is pretty cool and the female voice that follows you around taunting you all the time is awesome as well. Co-Op is what I mostly play and the feeling of accomplishment of passing a difficult level is great.
Left 4 Dead 2 was such a steal. This game is super fun! Three of my other friends and I played numerous of Campaign modes and had a lot of fun. You can set the difficulty to your choosing which is good for beginners, and there are so many cool game modes withing this game alone.

Left 4 Dead 2
3.99 USD
Portal 2 4.99 USD
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 7.49 USD

Subtotal: 16.47 USD
Tax: 0.00 USD

Total: 16.47 USD

RODAN

Banned deucer.
RODAN> man
<RODAN> my steam sale haul
<RODAN> is ridic
<Espeon> so nice
<Espeon> to have in my pocket.
<RODAN> age of wonders 3, apotheon, banner saga, arkham city, boi rebirth, castle crashers, skyrim
<RODAN> grim fandango
<RODAN> huniepop
<RODAN> if my heart had wings
<RODAN> payday 2
<RODAN> reus
<RODAN> shovel knight
<RODAN> skullgirls
<RODAN> sonic racing transformed
<RODAN> sonic adventure 2 battle
<RODAN> tokyo school life

Got Shantae and Life is Strange, waiting to see if Ori and the Blind Forest will go lower.

As for recommendations I'll second Valkyria, Skullgirls is fun, and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is amazing if you haven't played that. If my heart had wings was ok (and probably the only thing I'll ever recommend with the line 'if you liked katawa shoujo...'), but I think it's free on iOS.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has someone HL'd Da Letter El yet for AoE2?

I also went and bought at 85% once I remembered new expansion packs, one of the first big PC games I bought.

I'm waiting for CS:GS to go on sale further, I know I've seen it hit 75% off at least in the past. Should've bought it then, but I had enough shooters at the time >.>

I picked up Gauntlet when it had its flashsale, classic arcade-ish play. Reminds me of why Gauntlet Legends was better than the original, but still kinda fun.

final haul:
Ys Origin
Neptunia Rebirth
RE4
Crypt of the Necrodancer

Crypt of the Necrodancer is really fun, would recommend

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Only thing I bought was the remaining Payday 2 DLC which I didn't own (75% off). Only 4 DLCs which came to less than £4...

Nothing else on sale was enough "off" to get me to buy. Most things on my wishlist were, but only for like 10/15% deals... Which meant the majority were still over £20. Money is pretty tight atm, and I have much better things to spend money on. After being through the amount of sales I have been through, you end up owning more than half the stuff on deal anyway from previous sales... And never end up playing it. My friends bought me a couple of games too, Speed Runners (which is surprisingly fun) and some weird dungeon crawler type thing (which I can't even remember the name of).

Tempting to go with the FF4 bundle, but then I remembered the PC version is the (to me vastly inferior) DS version instead of the GBA version (which had lots of extra content while allowing you to mix and match your party with all old members at will with new techniques/combos). I eventually want to play After Years, but wasn't it also released as a sprite version instead of the meh DS graphics look?
There's ff iv complete collection for psp, which features the main game and after years with enhanced gba graphics and shit. haven't played it yet because i can't find a disc and can't get it to run or my current custom firmware.

RODAN> man
<RODAN> my steam sale haul
<RODAN> is ridic
<Espeon> so nice
<Espeon> to have in my pocket.
<RODAN> age of wonders 3, apotheon, banner saga, arkham city, boi rebirth, castle crashers, skyrim
<RODAN> grim fandango
<RODAN> huniepop
<RODAN> if my heart had wings
<RODAN> payday 2
<RODAN> reus
<RODAN> shovel knight
<RODAN> skullgirls
<RODAN> sonic racing transformed
<RODAN> sonic adventure 2 battle
<RODAN> tokyo school life
shit sonic adventure 2 is on steam? my life is over. too bad they don't have sonic adventure 1 as well.

edit: oh shit oh shit SA1 actually is oh shit, hold me i'm gonna faint

edit 2: didn't have time to follow this sale, i glanced at it from my phone and desktop on one of the rare ocasions i used it but nothing really interested me. i did buy postal 2, however, for 2 BRL (that is less than a dollar) off wallet credit because why not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)