Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If I want to RNG Suicune in HG/SS, is it best to catch it in the Burned Tower (where it respawns if you beat it on Route 25 and then beat the E4)? There are no WNPCs in the basement of the Burned Tower, and I imagine there are on Route 25.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
If I want to RNG Suicune in HG/SS, is it best to catch it in the Burned Tower (where it respawns if you beat it on Route 25 and then beat the E4)? There are no WNPCs in the basement of the Burned Tower, and I imagine there are on Route 25.
Assuming there are NPC's on Route 25 (can't remember but there are quite a few trainers), the Burned Tower would be easier. There's no difference in how you would RNG them, so the Burned Tower seems like the better option if you don't mind the extra hassle.

I want to get a TID / SID combo of 20043 / 000000 to nickname Wishmaker Jirachi in Sapphire. TID is 4E4B, and SID is 0000, both in hexadecimal. Together, I should be aiming for a PID of 4E4B0000, right? How would I go about getting this combo?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I want to get a TID / SID combo of 20043 / 000000 to nickname Wishmaker Jirachi in Sapphire. TID is 4E4B, and SID is 0000, both in hexadecimal. Together, I should be aiming for a PID of 4E4B0000, right? How would I go about getting this combo?
IIRC, only the TID needs to match, but I could be wrong. To get those IDs, that is the PID you should aim for.

The R/S ID abuse guide describes how to find and get your desired IDs. Note that in the guide, it would have you search for your TID as XXXX4E4B (which is technically the frame after the one your IDs are generated on).

edit: Thanks for the correction, Esmeya

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm fairly certain you can't nickname Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi or Colosseum Pikachu even with the matching combo like some other events.

shiny finder Gen 4 only requires TID, Gen 5 needs all the information to match and Gen 3 is.. weird to say the least.

Edit: Time to go back in time and RNG that myself to check. I don't think trainer gender matters for it, but TID/SID (00000 GBA Restricted event if from a direct Gamecube) matter.

Edit2:

For Gen 3 you need matching TID/SID/OT to nickname it if you want to keep it there. 4E4B0000 should work for your needs along with naming yourself "WISHMKR".

If you're going to transfer it all the way to Gen 6, Gen 4 has the easiest way of renaming events - as all you need is the matching TID which is what shiny finder mentioned above.

If it's already in Gen 5, well, you need TID/SID/OT/gender and the game version to match it - which kinda isn't really possible seeing as it originates from Generation 3.

tl ;dr: I suck.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain you can't nickname Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi or Colosseum Pikachu even with the matching combo like some other events.

shiny finder Gen 4 only requires TID, Gen 5 needs all the information to match and Gen 3 is.. weird to say the least.

Edit: Time to go back in time and RNG that myself to check. I don't think trainer gender matters for it, but TID/SID (00000 GBA Restricted event if from a direct Gamecube) matter.

Edit2:

For Gen 3 you need matching TID/SID/OT to nickname it if you want to keep it there. 4E4B0000 should work for your needs along with naming yourself "WISHMKR".

If you're going to transfer it all the way to Gen 6, Gen 4 has the easiest way of renaming events - as all you need is the matching TID which is what shiny finder mentioned above.

If it's already in Gen 5, well, you need TID/SID/OT/gender and the game version to match it - which kinda isn't really possible seeing as it originates from Generation 3.

tl ;dr: I suck.
But, how do I find the frame that I need to hit in order to get my TID SID combo? There are so many! I can search a bunch of frames in Excel in bunches of 100,000, but I might be doing that forever only to have to wait 10 hours to hit my frame!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
But, how do I find the frame that I need to hit in order to get my TID SID combo? There are so many! I can search a bunch of frames in Excel in bunches of 100,000, but I might be doing that forever only to have to wait 10 hours to hit my frame!
You can try using FindFrame, which is bundled with a couple other programs here. Never used it, but it seems like this is what it's made for (yet another useful program from Kaphotics). You'd care about the Method 1 frame/seed.

Short of that, you would just have to keep searching manually.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think frame 2,711,137,221 is the first one that generates a PID of 00004e4b. (Might be within ±2 depending on RNG Reporter versions...). It'll be a long wait I'm afraid.

[For the record, this was assuming Ruby/Sapphire, dry battery. Otherwise that's not the way to RNG your TID/SID.]

Edit: If you need a PID of 4e4b0000, I don't think that ever shows up.

In either case, learning to do it in Gen 4, doing the RNG, getting through the game and transferring the Pokémon would probably take less time than the expected waits in Gen 3.

Last edited:
Quick question about Journal Flipping in Platinum. You only advance frames if the Pokemon that's noted on the page has been caught, right? Or can a received Pokemon from a trade count as well?

Esmeya

Quick question about Journal Flipping in Platinum. You only advance frames if the Pokemon that's noted on the page has been caught, right? Or can a received Pokemon from a trade count as well?
Caught (Night, Day etc.) or Defeated.

I just RNG'd the TRU event Shaymin in my pokemon Diamond. However, I would like to nickname it. What is the easiest GEN IV game to RNG your ID number in? I don't care about SID or the shiny spread, I just want to be able to nickname the Shaymin.

Also, is there any way to RNG a Jirachi at this point in time even if you missed the events?

Esmeya

I just RNG'd the TRU event Shaymin in my pokemon Diamond. However, I would like to nickname it. What is the easiest GEN IV game to RNG your ID number in? I don't care about SID or the shiny spread, I just want to be able to nickname the Shaymin.

Also, is there any way to RNG a Jirachi at this point in time even if you missed the events?
"Easiest" is relative, all Gen 4 games only need your TID - probably Heart Gold and not really no, you can inject the Wondercard for the event, but that makes it legal at best.

"Easiest" is relative, all Gen 4 games only need your TID - probably Heart Gold and not really no, you can inject the Wondercard for the event, but that makes it legal at best.
Ok.

So I'm beginning to abuse for the desired TID (02089). As long as this ID matches the ID for the Shaymin, I can trade the Shaymin to the game I abused the TID in and will be able to nickname it? Do I also have to have the same Name (Shaymin's OT is "TRU")?. When I open pandora's box, can I just ignore the PID column and just search for the desired ID since I don't care about shiny spreads?

Edit: holy shit i got it lol

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Below for readability
(Pseudo-)Moving this post here.

Thomaz

I will try to make the scenario as understandible as i can (no native speaker)

I'm trying to breed a flawless special cleffa. In order to finally achieve this, i will be/was using the frame that is suggested in the guide i linked above. So my first step, after capturing dittos that each have one stat with 31IVs, was rnging cleffas with the two perfect IVs which should be inherited by slot A (SpAtk, SpDef). To my surprise, this actually went very well and it only took me a few attempts to hit the frame i was looking for. I did this with three different cleffas, until i felt somewhat secure, and as i said, i was very surprised that everything went so well.
So, in theory, all i had left to do was evolve my 2IV cleffa and put it in the daycare with a Speed-IV Ditto (I made sure to put clefairy in first), and i should be ready to shoot for my flawless cleffa at frame 2391. Am i correct so far?

Now, the problem that ocurred is the following: After a few failed attempts, i got a cleffa with suspiciously good stats at level 5. After leveling to level 10 and checking with the IV-Judge, it turned out that i had a cleffa with HP and Defense at 31, as well as Attack, SpDef and Speed at exactly 30. However, the SpAtk stat was lacking, it was within the margin of 0-9. I did try to find a frame which would cause these results, but the RNG-Reporter did NOT find that frame.
Now, trying to further investigate the case of this mysterious nonexistant frame that i hit, i did generate all the results for method 1 and seed 0 in the main window of the rng reporter, and was looking around the area of frame 2391. I found out that the stats that are generated by method 1 on frame 2391 are the following 31/4/31/17/30/30. Considering that no similar results are near this frame, and i hit 31/X/31/X/30/30 despite not having any of these IVs with my two parent mons, this is definitely not a coincidence. I checked my parents again and found that the ditto (slot B) does in fact have 30 Attack IVs and a SpAtk stat that would fit in the margin of 0-9. Long story short, the IVs were not inherited in the way that the RNG reporter predicted. In fact, the frame 2391 has the following results for me 31/B/31/B/30/30.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I did write this entire process down, hoping that you can maybe point out mistakes that i made. Hope you aren't annoyed by that :)

Thanks again for offering your help

Edit:
Looking at the "Breeding (Emerald Alternate)" option in RNG reporter gives the exact spread you received on the suggested frame.

From this guide:
Another less common anomaly is the game going into what is known as "Alternate Inheritance" mode. Alternate Inheritance mode causes the IVs inherited by the parents to shift backwards one frame. This means that the IVs passed from the parents on frame 943 when using the vanilla method 1 generation will be inherited on frame 942 in Alternate Inheritance mode. This completely changes what spreads are viable; better spreads may occur with shorter wait times, and different parents than usual. However, Alternate Inheritance mode is very unorthodox in its appearances; when it occurs, it will be the method of IV generation for an indefinite amount of time, liable to disappear without notice. For this reason, it is best not to aim for an Alternate Inheritance spread right away; wait until you see different IVs being inherited to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
I have another question regarding the mentioned "alternate inheritance mode".

Is this mode limited to certain frames for the time it is being used by the game, or are ALL frames generated by this mode of inheritance while it is active? And is it true that it will disappear and be replaced by method 1 at some random point in time?

I have another question regarding the mentioned "alternate inheritance mode".

Is this mode limited to certain frames for the time it is being used by the game, or are ALL frames generated by this mode of inheritance while it is active? And is it true that it will disappear and be replaced by method 1 at some random point in time?
I don't know what it triggers, but from experience, it's completely random. The best thing you can do if you get the wrong inheritence is to get good parents so that you can try both the regular, split and alternate inheritance for different frames. But most of all, just keep trying, you'll get the right inheritance eventually.

.com: It was caused by the VBlank iirc, try saving multiple times and try again to hit the non split spread, it works for me sometimes. The spread at 5718 works like a charm for me btw, you get the same if you hit non/splits, and you could also hit the frame below it (5717 on split) which gives attack iv of 4.

First of all, thanks a lot for your help .com Thomaz

Thanks to you, i managed to rng a flawless special cleffa. I kept trying like thomaz suggested and got the right inheritance after a while. Now i'm trying a second cleffa with a different nature, and so far i havent had any luck (got the alternate inheritance for that frame 16 times now)

Now i am patient enough to accept that this may take some time, however i hate when i dont understand things, it makes me feel blind as fuck. And just now i got a cleffa with 31/X/31/X/31/31. Once again, this spread is nowhere to be found in the RNG reporter. The only spread with these IVs is the one i was going for. The Special Attack stat on my hatched Cleffa however is equal to or lower than 9! And i double checked, my clefairy parent definitely has 31 IVs in Special Attack, and it was in the slot A. How is this possible? Am i missing something obvious again?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
What's the fastest way to get my exact SID in SS? I haven't caught the Red Gyarados yet.
You can also keep capturing the Gyarados (noting it's IVs, gender, nature etc) and entering its info into the "Chain to SID" feature in the 4th gen tools in the RNG Reporter. Just keep SRing and entering the information until you get your SID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)