Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Dialga is such a pain in the ass, I'm going to save enough coins to go full commando on him. In the meantime, is it worth for me to even spend time on Mega Blastoise? It isn't like I don't already have a Blastoisinite.

Dialga is such a pain in the ass, I'm going to save enough coins to go full commando on him. In the meantime, is it worth for me to even spend time on Mega Blastoise? It isn't like I don't already have a Blastoisinite.
If you already have the Blastoisinite, just put in an intentionally poor attempt to get the consolation jewel without blocking someone from potentially winning the stone.

Word of advice, make sure you get enough coins for a great ball too, because you do NOT want to waste a capture chance against Dialga. I will say that I beat and caught him without using any items after 15 attempts and 2 wins.

The team you need to beat it is mega lucario, heatran, ninetails, and blaziken, it's the only thing that seemed to ever work.

If you already have the Blastoisinite, just put in an intentionally poor attempt to get the consolation jewel without blocking someone from potentially winning the stone.

Word of advice, make sure you get enough coins for a great ball too, because you do NOT want to waste a capture chance against Dialga. I will say that I beat and caught him without using any items after 15 attempts and 2 wins.
Heh, I always make sure I have enough coins for that additional Great Ball. Maybe I should save for two, just to be safe.

I'll just use my current team to battle Mega Blastoise that I've been training to fight Dialga. That should get me a low enough score for everyone else to have chance.

The team you need to beat it is mega lucario, heatran, ninetails, and blaziken, it's the only thing that seemed to ever work.
I guess I'll switch out Groudon for Blaziken then.

I don't really see the meaningful difference that would make. Hitting Streak's extra damage seems pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things.
Trust me, when you have a mon like Dialga with a lot of HP that can come down to the last moves, that extra damage can make a difference.

And just to offer some statistical evidence, I made 10 attempts with either mon on the team (20 total). I've only cleared Dialga twice, both times when I had Blaziken. And since they both have the Base 70 power, what do you lose by using Blaziken?

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Groudon outdamages Blaziken if you happen to build any long combos even if he never procs Quake (not sure if it can proc on Dialga in the first place, but it's a rare enough occurrence regardless).

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Groudon outdamages Blaziken if you happen to build any long combos even if he never procs Quake (not sure if it can proc on Dialga in the first place, but it's a rare enough occurrence regardless).
Blaziken and Groudon are both Base 70 SE mons vs Dialga. Assuming them to be the same level, Groudon should not be able to achieve a damage amount Blaziken could not.

For that matter, has anyone considered Delphox? She's also a Base 70 Fire type, and so far the other 2 support mons for Dialga are fire, so Pyre might be worthwhile to use depending on the trigger rate (I never used dedicated Pyre builds before this).

Oh whoops, yeah you're right, Blaziken should have a slight edge because of the more common activation rates then.

Pyre and other similar abilities generally work best in timed stages, with the home exploit on (or if you're really good at doing it live!), but it's okay in regular stages when there's potential to keep a long combo going.

Does Mega Gengar work against Dialga at all (say, with Disruption Delay)? I haven't tried cause I've been grinding Giratina up to L100.

Oh whoops, yeah you're right, Blaziken should have a slight edge because of the more common activation rates then.

Pyre and other similar abilities generally work best in timed stages, with the home exploit on (or if you're really good at doing it live!), but it's okay in regular stages when there's potential to keep a long combo going.

Does Mega Gengar work against Dialga at all (say, with Disruption Delay)? I haven't tried cause I've been grinding Giratina up to L100.
Assuming you can last long enough for the blocks to vanish, Gengar might work since the key to Dialga is getting as many combos between disruptions as you can. The one problem is that Gengar can't help open the top row like Lucario or even Aero, so you're at the game's mercy to last until those vanish, which is troublesome if Gengar megas before that happens and inadvertently removes too many icons or causes combos.

Now that I have two Mega Speedups.. which mon(s) should I use them on? I'd rather wait and use them wisely than use them in a rush just because I'm impatient.

So I just beat Giratina stage 97. Just three more stages and I'll have the third mega speedup. Only one problem - out of money again!
Are you serious? Are actually spending money on this? Or have you just grinded Meowth stages a lot? Also, what items do you buy and what's your team?

Ingame money of course! Haven't spent a single euro cent on this game.

When the game creators took a really long time to deliver new content, it was easy to almost max cash just doing the daily Meowth stage. Even still, I wasted money recklessly by going for overtly expensive setups (e.g. Attack Power Up for 3K), which depleted my funds all too quickly. Having downloaded Shuffle Move, I've been able to have a ~75% reliability of clearing a 50-99 Giratina stage with just one Disruption Delay and no other items. My team is Gengar (max), Yveltal (9), Giratina (7) and Zoroark (7). Max levels on all, especially Giratina because of how good its ability is in its own stage, would be preferable but there's no time to Amphygrind right now. I tried Absol (7) over Zoroark, but Mind Zap wouldn't activate often enough and I actually lost two DD attempts because I couldn't do one tiny bit of damage, which Zoroark's 10 extra base power probably would've secured.

I probably wouldn't be using Shuffle Move at all, since it's so time-consuming to play with it, but I need to be done with Giratina stage 100 fast enough (measured in IRL days rather than minutes spent playing the game) to have enough time to catch Dialga before it expires. Of course, I'll be broke again when I'm done with the third speedup and probably wait for the Sunday Meowth to actually have enough money to afford a full-itemed assault + some Great Balls to ensure I don't fail.

Without Shuffle Move, Attack Power Up with the same team should more or less guarantee your victory against 50+ Giratina, and if you play decently enough you will only fail if the luck is absolutely atrocious (which happened a couple times admittedly, but no more). This is how I played until level 75 or so, when my wallet was emptied and I realised I was in danger of missing either the third mega speedup or Dialga's capture.

So, the last S Rank I have to earn in the current line up is Mega Aerodactyl, and right now I'm just waiting on Blastoisenite before I make a serious and item based attempt at it.

Anything I should prep for Greninja in the meantime? I already have plenty of anti-waters from grinding for Blastoise, and I know I have to bring Frogadier, but anything else?

Finished the week pretty strong. Got to Giratina level 100 (95k can be made back in a week), caught and S-ranked Dialga, currently ranked 3111 itemless on M-Blastoise, cleared all the new regular stages, caught 9 out of 10 of them, S-ranked 2 of them. I should probably get started on my Meowth re-grind, before Monday comes with highly unexpected and potentially expensive surprises. *shudders at the idea of a Safari Zone 2*

Edit: Seeing it mentioned above, I also used Shuffle Move for the last 50 Giratina levels. I solely DD'd my way to level 84 (losing no more than 6 times throughout), before I decided that adding +5 would guarantee my win from 85-99, and threw in the obligatory Attack Up for level 100 (no, really. You need it).

It's a really useful tool for weighing your options on regular stages (it can prioritize your moves based on damage, number of combos, number of icons removed, AND number of disruptions removed) and improving your understanding of the game's mechanics (ex. in addition to determining which abilities proc, the order in which you drag icons can actually affect the length of your combo, for reasons that are much more noticeable on EX stages).

When I first started using it on Giratina, it took me nearly 25-30 minutes of inputting the board data per level; by the time I was in the mid-60s, I was clearing each level in 10-15 mins on average.

My team was M-Gengar (9), Yveltal (started 8, finished 9), Giratina (7), Zoroark (started 7, finished 8). I also took the time to level Shaymin to 6 during the week (stage-specific Pokemon disruptions do benefit from the levels of your Pokemon).

Last edited:
I finished my collection of notes for the playthrough of lvls 1-50 for Giratina.
Giratina pokemon shuffle level play throughs.

And now for my results in Giratina level capture rates etc.

lvl 1: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 1%
lvl 2: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 2%
lvl 3: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 3%
lvl 4: no disruptions etc, very easy. Capture rate: 4%
lvl 5: noticibly more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. The stage now starts off with a breakable rock disruption with 4-6 rocks, and spawns more every 3 moves. You get 1k coins for beating this level. Capture rate: 5%
lvl 6: a bit more hp than the previous tries, but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 6%
lvl 7: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 5-6 but I can still beat it in 4-6 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 7%
lvl 8: a bit more hp than the previous tries, less of an increase than from lvl 6-7 but I can still beat it in 6-7 moves. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: 8% I have now caught it. Incase you were wondering, this is my team. Mega Sableye, Yveltal, Gengar, and Zoroark, all of them are at max level.
lvl 9: a bit more hp than the previous tries, you can now tell that it has more HP than previous levels. Still has same disruptions etc as lvl 5 Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 10: starts with regular disruption etc it feels like it has twice the HP as lvl 5 but I don't want to say for sure as I don't have any proof etc. disruptions now occur every 2 turns, this is beginning to annoy the F out of me. Note that as I captured Giratina I now have it on my team replacing gengar. As stated by the game I got a disruption delay for completing this level. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 11: same as lvl 10 but felt slightly easier somehow, I could've just had an easy run this time or a hard one on level 10. There was likely an HP increase as well. Capture rate: ?%
Lvl 12: same as level 11 but only felt even easier as I got a bunch of combos that were out of my control. Capture rate ?%
Lvl 13: same as level 12 minus all the combos. ?%
Lvl 14: harder than level 13 I actually had trouble with this one as the disruptions are quite annoying. Note that when using Giratina, when its ability triggers it does 720 damage at level one, to put this into perspective my max level mega sableye does about 448 some odd damage. Capture rates will no longer be posted as they will all just be ?% as I caught Giratina already.
Lvl 15: it's the same as level 10 just with more health I got down to 7 moves by the time I beat it, otherwise there are no differences.
Lvl 16: same as level 10 just with more health as usual and the disruptions now reliably spawn 4 blocks, I don't know if this is the way it's always been or if there were more before, etc.
Lvl 17: same as 16 with the usual bit more health, otherwise there are no differences.
Lvl 18: same as 17 just felt more annoying due to me not getting more combos.
Lvl 19: same as 18
Lvl 20: oddly easier than lvl 19, there seemed to be no changes despite it being a level multiple of 5
Lvl 21: same as 20
Lvl 22: same as 20
Lvl 23: same as 20 if not a tiny bit harder
Lvl 24: noticeably more difficult than 23: I got down to 6 moves left
Lvl 25: Giratina is getting noticeably harder it is no longer luck based just hardish.
Lvl 26: Same as 25
Lvl 27: same as 25 this is getting more difficult each time no matter what the combos I get
Lvl 28: ok, even with my lvl 7 giratina this is constantly getting harder
Lvl 29: asides from the disruption starting off with a weird + symbol (likely just due to the RNG) I have had no difference between 29 and 28.
Lvl 30: giratina now summons barriers instead of breakable rocks now. There are disruptions every turn after turn 13, so that means after moves 12-1 etc giratina will instantly summon 4 new barriers. It's so bad that I got down to 3 moves before winning.
Lvl 31: I got down to only 8 moves this doesn't seem to be as hard as lvl 30 oddly
Lvl 32: I now seem to be getting down to 3-8 moves, the next 18 levels are going to be rough
Lvl 33: I ended up with 7 moves left, nothing else to note
Lvl 34: same as lvl 33 the levels are pretty much the same and asides from the barriers being really annoying there's nothing else to note
Lvl 35: got down to 5 moves left, and asides from mega banett being really useful there's nothing else to note
Lvl 36: It now seems that the difficulty of these levels depends on where the barriers are placed, nothing else to note.
Lvl 37: holy crap I got down to 1 move left due to stupid barriers. Nothing else to note.
Lvl 38: nothing really interesting to note, I got down to 5 moves and that was it.
Lvl 39: same as lvl 38 but with 9 moves left
Lvl 40: damn I actually failed this level the first time I tried it, the first two columns of both sides of the board are covered in barriers with a bunch of breakable blocks coming down from the two columns you can match. As well as tons of unbreakable blocks coming down from above the barriered pokemon. I failed my second attempt wtf? Third attempt worked it seems that the unbreakable blocks only come from the left side of the barriered blocks.
Lvl 41: it appears that somehow the only way to get a win is to somehow trigger a combo of 3-4 matches with in 1-4 moves otherwise you're screwed
Lvl 42: Nothing to note really, I got down to 3 moves and that was it.
Lvl 43: lost twice to this level and I only beat it because I got lucky on the third try via combos.
Lvl 44: failed once, these levels are hard and just annoying with the constant additional barriers. i nearly failed a second time, due to a stage reset and lack of possible moves.
Lvl 45: luckily got past this level with 5 moves left, only thing to note is that for some reason breakable blocks that have barriers over them seem to be able to be broken when a match is completed diagonally of them, with a radius of 1 square.
Lvl 46: barely made it with 1 move left and asides from it appearing that unbreakable blocks don't break when a pokemon you're matching by it is in a barrier there is nothing else to note.
Lvl 47: the left side of the field that has the unbreakable blocks on it seems to be a pattern of a full set of 6 blocks going from left to right, nothing else to note.
Lvl 48: I somehow got down to only 8 moves left and won due to a lot of early combos. And it seems that for some reason when Giratina's ability actives it removes 4 disruptions off the field, I don't know if this is due to them being on the field for so many turns etc though.
Lvl 49: nothing really to note
Lvl 50: the level starts with shaymin as the fith pokemon now with 3 squares getting barriered. And it also seems like if you don't do enough combos etc Giratina will summon 2 more sets of 3 barriers each, and at 9 moves left it summoned an entire wall of unbreakable blocks. My first attempt ends with the left 3 columns encased in barriers, and Giratina with half health. And my second attempt left it at 2/5 health screw it, HERE COMES THE ITEM TRAIN! And 14.3k coins later (due to me using attack power 3 and everything but a mega start and exp booster) I "somehow" "conveniently" end up with a win, wow! : D

Well, the Safari's back, and Manaphy's our next event mon.

Safari Mons found so far
- Darumaka
- Darmanitan
- Stantler
- Electrike
- Manectric

Try to get Manectric, because evidently his Mega Stone is the competition next week.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
So far mega gengar + 2 ground types seem to work great at the safari.
Manectric seems to be our new sharpedo though, among the rarest to find.

I also managed to catch manaphy, could beat it without items using a team of M-Bro / Zapdos / Shaymin / Sceptile. Sleep Charm is GODLIKE against manaphy.

Yeah ! Gengar + Groudon + another ground works well. I've caught Darumaka + Stantler ... I've tried one life on Manaphy, but the freezing was hard, and I didn't manage to clear it fast (and Mega Ampharos takes long to Mega evolve), so I will try again !

You can still get manetricite without Manectric :) AND STILL NO FIRE MEGA STONE ! We already have Amphy for electric type (against Water or Flying) and for Water, you can also use Mega Venusaur and for Flying, you have the choice with Mega Aerodactyl + Glalie !

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
After spending nearly 20 hearts (bought some with my saved up jewels) I managed to get all the safari Pokemon. I only found Manectric ONCE and Darmanitan TWICE. I was lucky because I got super catch power on both. Now I can begin training for the next competition, definitely getting that manectite.

I still have both the safari electrics to catch. I didn't bother wasting a Great Ball on Electrike on both the times I encountered it, and Manectric hasn't appeared yet.

Apparently, the decision to go for the third speedup created a massive backlog for me in this game - I haven't S-ranked/caught a few of the recently added stages, haven't caught any of the Kalos starters in EX-stages (Delphox not even unlocked), and Dialga & Manaphy also remain unlocked. If I had foregone the last 50 Giratina stages and the money farming that entailed, I'm sure this wouldn't be the case right now.

I suppose I'll try to catch Dialga/Manaphy ASAP and then focus on catching Electrike/Manectric. The Safari is probably the only occasion where I often click 'Quit' immediately when I see the Pokemon I got, so it generally doesn't waste much of your time, but it does make time pass and there are deadlines all over the place in this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)