Guild Wars 2

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

So I saw that there was no Guild Wars 2 Thread in The Great Library. There used to be one on a forum or the old Firebot (idr). Anyways, just recently picked this game up and I know one or two other Smogoners who play this game.

I was hoping to find out if there are any other people who play, cuz I wanna expand the number of people I can socialize with in this game.

As for the game itself,

Guild Wars 2 is a critically acclaimed MMORPG that does not require a monthly fee. It is a paid game that you pay upfront, much like you would with any regular console game. However everything after that is pretty much free (bar a few ingame purchases that aren't absolutely necessary).

One of the biggest emphasis this game is on the constant flow of miniquests and whatnot, encouraging teamplay and rewarding such.

Oftentimes if you can gather a party of two or three people you can accomplish way more than you would if you were to try to attempt a quest on your own.

Another cool feature is World vs World which I personally have not tried but I hear you get to play with tons of other players in what is basically a giant teamfight. PVP is nice since you aren't required to be the same level to fight another player as the game automatically balances it out (iirc).

There's quite a list of nifty things this game has that drew my attention which is why I'm playing now!!

My current main is an Asura Thief. I am roughly level 15ish and am still learning the ropes.

If you want to add me, I go by the same handle as I do on Smogon.

Anyways I'll also include a list of anybody who is an active player in the OP so that you can add each other if you so please:

Smogon Username (GW2 Username)
Acklow (Acklow)

I played GW2 for about 2 months when it came out. It's a pretty good game, but it isn't really my cup of tea. World Vs. Wolrd was by far the best feature for me. If you organize a decent guild of about 20 and have ventrillo (Or something similar) you can control a heap for hours upon hours. It's very strategic. The whole server pretty much has to be in communication to control supply lines and hold key strategic points. We even went as far as to designate a dedicated spotter (A thief) for our trebuchets in order to be deadly accurate. There are battles of 100 v 100 often and the lag is minimal as long as you have a decent system. I can't really say much about it now since I haven't played in a year, but from what I've been told, it still holds up as a good game.

Acklow

Bumping this due to me being active again. Does anyone else play? I recently picked up Mesmer because I realized how strong and fun some of the class's abilities are. Roughly @ Level 20, but I'm grinding it out so I can get to 80 asap.

I know I've been playing with Walrein's friends on occasion but I'd like to increase my friend roster so I don't feel alone. XD

Acklow

Bumping this thread yet again because new expansion and because I'm getting into this game a lot more. I would love to make a Smogon Guild if we could get the members but so far it's just me, RaRe555, Walrein and one or two other Smogoners that actually play.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I played gw1, if there was a group of newbies that got the game and were willing to take drugs and party up for pve with me id probably get it

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not getting the expansion cuz I ain't paying $50 for only the expansion while new people into the franchise get that and the base game for that amount.

That and I'm lazy :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)