2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who isn't following the copa america tournament and why do you not want to watch arguable one of the most exciting international tournaments?

Mandzukic seems like a good signing for juve, I feel like this p much confirms llorente exit and probably tevez too. Rest of serie A has a lot of catching up to do, can't see anyone challenging them next season.

Falcao to chelsea seems like a weird signing IMO. He's finished as a top striker, and unlike drogba he's never been great at hold up play. Ik it's only a loan deal, but it still makes little sense to me.

Mandzukic seems like a good signing for juve, I feel like this p much confirms llorente exit and probably tevez too. Rest of serie A has a lot of catching up to do, can't see anyone challenging them next season.

Falcao to chelsea seems like a weird signing IMO. He's finished as a top striker, and unlike drogba he's never been great at hold up play. Ik it's only a loan deal, but it still makes little sense to me.
tevez looks like he is going back to boca but idk about llorente. I think Remy might leave and Falcao is cutting his wages in half to join chelsea so he would be worth it i think

So Uche went from Villareal to tigres as well wtf? also chile and bolivia through, ecuador have to have all winners in the next 4 games in copa america to get through

just hilarious that Sterling is even worth this much money to Man City. We want to keep him because he has potential to be a good player for the 13-15 years for us, but clearly he thinks he is miles better than he is, we are being smart trying to milk as much as possible, no way could anyone think he is actually worth 50m. I used to rave about him when we first signed him, and I would tell all my friends about the 15 year old wrecking the U18s, but he is still very raw and has loads of things, literally every aspect of the game football he needs to improve in vastly. He has good positioning skills and football intelligence, along with good physical attributes, and that's what has carried him this far. His technique however is just dreadful. He has played 124 times for Liverpool, and he has had about 20 good individual performances...Despite all this I really do want him to stay and play for Liverpool his whole career and become a solid player, but I wouldn't care at all if he leaves right now, I would accept 25m myself but I think we can milk them.

Easiest player to replace ever. Man City are better off saving them self a whole lot of money and just buying Nathan Redmond who does the same thing except he can shoot better.

just hilarious that Sterling is even worth this much money to Man City. We want to keep him because he has potential to be a good player for the 13-15 years for us, but clearly he thinks he is miles better than he is, we are being smart trying to milk as much as possible, no way could anyone think he is actually worth 50m. I used to rave about him when we first signed him, and I would tell all my friends about the 15 year old wrecking the U18s, but he is still very raw and has loads of things, literally every aspect of the game football he needs to improve in vastly. He has good positioning skills and football intelligence, along with good physical attributes, and that's what has carried him this far. His technique however is just dreadful. He has played 124 times for Liverpool, and he has had about 20 good individual performances...Despite all this I really do want him to stay and play for Liverpool his whole career and become a solid player, but I wouldn't care at all if he leaves right now, I would accept 25m myself but I think we can milk them.

Easiest player to replace ever. Man City are better off saving them self a whole lot of money and just buying Nathan Redmond who does the same thing except he can shoot better.
you think you can milk him? No you guys are going to milk him, for at least 50 mil

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
It's done. I can respect his desire to stay in London, to avoid uprooting his family, doesn't make him a traitor in my book. Just gonna leave this here :P
FB_IMG_1434878233369.jpg

Luis Suarez truly is a magician, treble in his first la liga season and he made people believe Sterling was actually anything more then a good winger.

City should probably start by replacing defenders and defensive midfielders.

Fantastic signing by Arsenal, 33 isn't old for a keeper.

ss234

bop.
Looks like liverpool have signed Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim for around £29 million. Seems like a very good deal to me, he's got world class potential. Idk quite where he'll fit into the Liverpool side as he seems best playing off the striker where Coutinho plays, so perhaps Rodgers will go back to the 3-4-2-1 system. He's a p good goalscorer, so that's a nice bonus. A few more good signings like Firmino and Liverpool could be genuine top 4 contenders imo.

Also, Jackson Martinez looks like he's off to atletico. He seems like a really nice signing and I'm surprised other big clubs like Chelsea weren't interested in him. Ik he's only really played in Portugal but he was excellent in the champions league this season especially against Bayern Munich in the quarter finals.

In other news, Pepe Reina has left Bayern for Napoli after playing just 3 games. It makes you wonder why he left in the first place lol, he must have known he was going to be second choice after Neuer anyway.

EDIT: Just found out that Vietto has signed for Atletico Madrid as well for around $20 million. Looks like Atletico really are going to give Barca / Real a run for their money next season with the extra firepower - Vietto was great last season and will probably become world class under Simeone over the next few years. Excellent signing imo.

Last edited:
Looks like liverpool have signed Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim for around £29 million. Seems like a very good deal to me, he's got world class potential. Idk quite where he'll fit into the Liverpool side as he seems best playing off the striker where Coutinho plays, so perhaps Rodgers will go back to the 3-4-2-1 system. He's a p good goalscorer, so that's a nice bonus. A few more good signings like Firmino and Liverpool could be genuine top 4 contenders imo.

Also, Jackson Martinez looks like he's off to atletico. He seems like a really nice signing and I'm surprised other big clubs like Chelsea weren't interested in him. Ik he's only really played in Portugal but he was excellent in the champions league this season especially against Bayern Munich in the quarter finals.

In other news, Pepe Reina has left Bayern for Napoli after playing just 3 games. It makes you wonder why he left in the first place lol, he must have known he was going to be second choice after Neuer anyway.

EDIT: Just found out that Vietto has signed for Atletico Madrid as well for around $20 million. Looks like Atletico really are going to give Barca / Real a run for their money next season with the extra firepower - Vietto was great last season and will probably become world class under Simeone over the next few years. Excellent signing imo.
You seem shocked that atletico always sell their top striker every year and get new strikers that will turn out to be great. Pepe Reina went to bayern to be with pep but probably got bored watching everybody else win so he went back.
And Liverpool need a lot more than Firmino to get back into the top 4, especially if they are selling sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)