UU Simple Questions Thread

Can I get a quick meta briefing? I haven't touched UU since BW, but knowing what's broken now would be nice. The last thing I remember using four years ago were HO teams+hail stall tbh.

Can I get a quick meta briefing? I haven't touched UU since BW, but knowing what's broken now would be nice. The last thing I remember using four years ago were HO teams+hail stall tbh.
Physical powerhouses like Gatr and Mence are top dogs, while M-Pidgeot is going to be suspected due to No guard Hurricane spam. Bulky offense and HO are pretty common now, while stall/semi-stall are pretty viable thanks to high usage of Snorlax, Florges and Suicune.

On the rise, keep an eye out for Doublade, Whimsicott, etc.. M-Aero is still a great go to mon that acts as glue for many teams checking most megas.

Curse is typically the better option as it boosts an insane physical bulk higher, and gives it a better attack so that it can hammer through things better. Automize doesn't really help since you shouldn't be running a max speed MAggron, so at best you'll hit something like 200 Speed and the weight reduction doesn't help since Grass Knot's the only weight-based thing actually useful in the tier and nobody'll use it on that.

So this is the best team I've made in probably literally years, but it's hella weak to DD/Scarf Salamence. I just lost a game because I threw away Donphan early and had to eat a +1 Dragon Claw with Swampert. Any changes I could make that would help?

http://pastebin.com/1kEaBA7b

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't know how important Shaymin's wallbreaking ability is for your team, but perhaps you could replace it with Life Orb Whimsicott (or any variant really). The Fairy-typing will obviously help with the Salamence issue, and even against DD Iron Tail you can Encore if Salamence DDs while you switch in.

So this is the best team I've made in probably literally years, but it's hella weak to DD/Scarf Salamence. I just lost a game because I threw away Donphan early and had to eat a +1 Dragon Claw with Swampert. Any changes I could make that would help?

http://pastebin.com/1kEaBA7b
I would say drop Shaymin for something that can threaten out/ kill mence. As leoLancaster said lo whimsi with encore would be great to still keep your offensive grass type thing going and providing a stop to alot of setup mons.

Part of the issue with that is that Shaymin is my best general switch-in on bulky waters. Meloetta can't do what it needs to do if it gets burned on the switch, and Whimsicott doesn't hit nearly hard enough.

EDIT: Replaced Infernape with Cobalion, still Choice Band. It's not as free a check to Mega Sharpedo as Mach Punch was, and I'm sure I'll miss Flare Blitz soon enough, but he's not that much weaker (still OHKO'd Mega Pidgeot as it was Mega Evolving) and I can still pivot with Volt Switch. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Why is Flash Fire preferred over Infiltrator on Chandelure? Seems like the ability to bypass subs would be more useful than turning a resistance into an immunity.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
Why is Flash Fire preferred over Infiltrator on Chandelure? Seems like the ability to bypass subs would be more useful than turning a resistance into an immunity.
The main Fire-types in UU are Entei, Darmanitan, Arcanine and Chandelure, and all of them shave off a significant portion of Chandy's HP. In fact, Entei and Darm can 2HKO Chandelure iirc. Essentially Chandy become a far stronger check to these with Flash Fire.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
And the fact that enteis only viable set is choice band being able to deter it from clicking one of the hands down stupidest moves in the game is pretty big

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Yeah, what LL and roady said above is true, but going for Flame Body might be helpful for SubCM sets, as that lets Chand not be walled by Trace P2 and burn U-turners or whatever, but Flash Fire is the superior choice almost every time.

Can anybody recommend a great lure to kill fairy types?

I've been running Bulky DD refresh Salamence with great success (broke top 300), but my only problem have been those stubborn battlers who refuse to send their fairy type out against anyone other than mence.

I've been running Bulky DD refresh Salamence with great success (broke top 300), but my only problem have been those stubborn battlers who refuse to send their fairy type out against anyone other than mence.
Gunk shot pangoro catches people off guard.
Heavy slam machamp with speed to get florges
sludge wave dugtrio for whimi (compliments of Kreme)
Specs flash cannon Hydra

Edit: oh yeah roar empoleon prevents wish florges from healing

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Hydreigon is a nice lure if you don't mind the double Dragon. A specs set with flash cannon will 2HKO physically defensive Florges, or you can use U-turn for chip damage into something that chases it out (such as Mega-Beedrill or Nidoqueen) and just wear it down over time.

I find CM Roar Suicine does a pretty good job of pressuring fairies as well, as most of them rely on Wish for healing.

Thanks guys

I'll try Heavy Slam Machamp and Gunk Shot Pangoro

I might try Specs Flash Cannon Hydreigon, but I'm not a fan of double
dragon fairy lure simply because in the past whenever I seen two dragons without multiple ways to kill fairies on that team (like I have) I automatically assume one is meant to lure and play around it.

I can't use CM Roar Suicune because it fits poorly with HO IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)