Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Just caught Manaphy and Dialga with rather lowish percentages (no Great Ball necessary).

For Dialga, I really regret not taking Mega Gengar instead of Mega Lucario. The three Mega Lucarios were positioned in such a way that I couldn't really effectively clear the board for the first few turns, and I hadn't achieved much by turn 20 when everything fell down as it should. With Mega Gengar, the comboing in that part of the game would've saved me a few turns and resulted in a higher catch rate.

Oh well, didn't matter so much either way (but I know I would be pissed if I'd run out of Great Balls instead since the initial catch rate was far from 50).

It's better to just complete a repeated stage. Takes no more than 60 seconds, you've used up the heart anyway, 30 coins adds up over time, and there's still exp to consider (unless of course the Pokemon you're using are maxed).

I have yet to see Manectric, and have caught all 4 of the others. I won't be attempting Manaphy until Manectric is caught--even more so now because M-Manectric is going to be our competition next week. This marks the first Mega we'll be getting where the stone AND mon are limited time only, and of course, it opens the possibility for an Electric-type Mega whose ability might not be 50 kinds of random in terms of combo generation potential.

Should note Manectric and Chesnaught also might work well as anti-Waters, because Hitting Streak stacks between mons sharing the ability for more damage.

It's better to just complete a repeated stage. Takes no more than 60 seconds, you've used up the heart anyway, 30 coins adds up over time, and there's still exp to consider (unless of course the Pokemon you're using are maxed).

I have yet to see Manectric, and have caught all 4 of the others. I won't be attempting Manaphy until Manectric is caught--even more so now because M-Manectric is going to be our competition next week. This marks the first Mega we'll be getting where the stone AND mon are limited time only, and of course, it opens the possibility for an Electric-type Mega whose ability might not be 50 kinds of random in terms of combo generation potential.
I have seen the manectric stage, and beat it...barely. The head icron you see when you battle it looks weird AF, but sides from that it's basically like the elektrike level but with the disruption going off every 2 turns, and it is VERY hard.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Manectric is kind of tricky since it (oddly) freezes 2 horizontal blocks (usually at the top of the grid) but once you get your M-Gengar going the combos will end up destroying everything.

Manectric is kind of tricky since it (oddly) freezes 2 horizontal blocks (usually at the top of the grid) but once you get your M-Gengar going the combos will end up destroying everything.
HOLY CRAP, mega Gengar makes all the difference, I just used it ONCE and this happened.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who's S Ranked Mega Aerodactyl, what was your team and items? It's the only S Rank I have left in the currently released stages.

Got Manectric when today's check-in rolled over. One Great Ball was all I needed. Proceeded to beat Manaphy itemless, got a super capture bonus that brought him to 90%. Back to that Meowth grind.

Any advices for S-ranks on Mega Aero Snorlax Gurdurr Shelgon Steelix Blitzle LickyLicky Conkeldurr Tangrowth and Tyranitar ?
Snorlax I managed surprisingly well using a full item loadout and Mega Gengar.

Shelgon is extremely easy (in line of Banette) if you bring him into the stage. Not much more than that.

Tangrowth there is a very specific move to it (I believe drag Second from the left on top row to make a Vertical match in the center) that always triggers a 5 combo, which in turn is what prompts Tangrowth's disruption to clear out the frozen blocks. From there it's pretty simple to S Rank.

Blitzle I've seen people recommend either Mega Gengar or Aerodactyl, depending on if you wanna shell out just for the Moves +5 or the Mega Start.

I remember there was a specific move for Lickilicky that involved (in a grid) Bottom Row, Column 5 Lickilicky being switched with a Lickitung somewhere in the lower left, but not sure where. Also, I think you could bring the two yourself to help wear out the disruptions eating two of your columns.

Last edited:
It seems to me like the distribution of Pokemon in the new Safari is much, much better than last time. Also, data miners are saying we get Mega Manectric next week for the contest.

Been playing Safari non-stop and today is the first time I see that damned Manectric.

I beat it and get a 20% catch rate. Obviously I don't catch it.
2 Great Balls later and I still don't have it.
The damn thing runs away and I'm broke.

Screw Safari mons.

Been playing Safari non-stop and today is the first time I see that damned Manectric.

I beat it and get a 20% catch rate. Obviously I don't catch it.
2 Great Balls later and I still don't have it.
The damn thing runs away and I'm broke.

Screw Safari mons.
I suppose this is a good time to bring up resetting. If there is ever a time that you fail to catch a Pokemon with Great Balls or that you end up using more of them than you'd like on a single catch, press the Home Button, close out the game, and open the game again. You will have lost your heart for the attempt (as well as any coins you would have earned, letter grade, exp or acknowledgement that you cleared the stage), but the coins you spent on the Great Balls will still be there. This only applies to coins spent on Great Balls, as the game does not save your progress until after you exit the final results screen (the one where your Pokemon get their exp and you see your letter grade for that attempt). Items purchased before starting the stage do not benefit from this, as the game saves right before you start the stage.

This also does not apply to Jewels used to extend the remaining moves/time on the stage during the middle of an attempt, as the game will save every time you use a Jewel.

Almost back up to max coins. At the rate I'm going, I'll be there before Sunday, which means I'll have time to S-rank a few stages to unlock the EX Kalos starters/capture Tyranitar and then replenish it with Weekend Meowth before the M-Manectric competition. I think it's time I paid some of the old Mega stages a visit... *smirk*

I just recently managed to unlock Greninja's stage after almost 2 weeks stuck on the last mega or two. Fucking Aerodactyl.

There was something pretty satisfying about going back to Mawile after so long and managing to S Rank it itemless.

Edit: Greninja acquired. Nothing to do but train, grind coins, and prep for the Mega Manectric comp next week.

Last edited:
Almost back up to max coins. At the rate I'm going, I'll be there before Sunday, which means I'll have time to S-rank a few stages to unlock the EX Kalos starters/capture Tyranitar and then replenish it with Weekend Meowth before the M-Manectric competition. I think it's time I paid some of the old Mega stages a visit... *smirk*
Wait, there's a maximum amount of coins you can have? O_O

Also sitting at 87k. Might actually hit 95k before the check-in if I don't botch any 530 attempts on Meowth. Then Sunday will be S-ranks until I dip below 90k, followed by a Weekend Meowth rebate into more S-ranks. Finally, I feel like I've caught up to the people who've been playing since Day 1. By that, I mean, having more coins than things to spend them on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)