Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In any case, there's nothing pathetic about Luffy getting out of this with the help of others-- since a character's charisma/power to draw others to his cause is considered a great part of "power" in One Piece, and even the marines have said it's a quality of Luffy's that they fear.
It's even more definitive than that. It is THE reason the marines and the World Government by extension fear Luffy. Luffy isn't even close to being the strongest anything in OP. This was a guy who, pre-timeskip, would basically dumb-rush whatever he ran into and he still got a B300,000 bounty. Even the Pacifistas wiped Luffy's whole crew out at that point. Aokiji curbstomped him.

While I suspect Luffy's bounty will go above B400,000 after the Dressrosa Arc, the chief driver of Luffy's bounty has always been his charisma. Without it he couldn't cause the revolt in Impel Down, get Jinbe on his side, etc.

But Sabo >> Luffy >>>>>>>> Burgess, is there really a point? Sabo already proved Burgess way inferior to him at the arena (before he got the Mera Mera)
Hahahah trying to pass this off as fact? Burgess could easily be the strongest character in the island still. Oda is just trying to hype up newer characters, and Burgess as a BB pirate is always being ridiculed. That doesn't prove anything. Especially how you randomly assume Luffy is stronger than Burgess for no reason lol

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's even more definitive than that. It is THE reason the marines and the World Government by extension fear Luffy. Luffy isn't even close to being the strongest anything in OP. This was a guy who, pre-timeskip, would basically dumb-rush whatever he ran into and he still got a B300,000 bounty. Even the Pacifistas wiped Luffy's whole crew out at that point. Aokiji curbstomped him.

While I suspect Luffy's bounty will go above B400,000 after the Dressrosa Arc, the chief driver of Luffy's bounty has always been his charisma. Without it he couldn't cause the revolt in Impel Down, get Jinbe on his side, etc.
True-- but that's all going to change if Dofla goes down... Dofla is on a whole different tier from Croc or Moria, who were planning on how to return to the New World-- Dofla IS the New World, entrenched in the establishment of the top Pirates and World Gov alike. If he goes down, the rep around Luffy's individual strength will totally change; from "upcoming rookie" to "top class elite". I think Luffy's ability to take on Dofla should prove his strength to anyone who doubts him.

Just think of it this way-- Dofla is a character not particularly afraid to confront Admiral-class fighters like Aokiji or Fujitora, and Luffy is taking him head on, if not even at an advantage when in Gear 4.

Well I guess Burgess ulterior motive is "grab any damned powerful fruit"...wait a sec does that mean Black Beard if loafing around somewhere nearby since theoretically they need to get it out of a deadman/near dead before it goes into another fruit somewhere else?

I'd lol if they settle on taking Dofa's String fruit at the end of the arc and run away with it...that'll actually make me lol.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Just think of it this way-- Dofla is a character not particularly afraid to confront Admiral-class fighters like Aokiji or Fujitora, and Luffy is taking him head on, if not even at an advantage when in Gear 4.
to be honest i have to disagree that dofla isn't afraid

i think he's not afraid because of his 'influence' and maybe because he can run away quickly against aokiji, but aokiji beat his ass, and fujitora being a new admiral and all is definitely not allowed to start shit with doflamingo

i guess there's ways to interpret it, but personally i felt like dofla is much weaker than aokiji and legitimately scared of him but just kind of arrogant and assured that aokiji will not fight him, but you can read it as dofla is a bit weaker and walks away because there's no reason to fight aokiji.

still though, luffy beating doflamingo should make him a big name. i'm really looking forward to the new bounty poster readings across the world (God Usopp will be amazing imo)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
at this point i think it's clear Oda is going to spread Dressrosa out until he can make chapter 800 an in-between-the-arcs chapter (like 700 was). I really hope chap 800 isn't where Doflamingo finally goes down cause -_-

Oda has said that the Zou arc will start in September, so there are defo around 7-8 chapters(including holidays) at a bare minimum left before Dressrosa ends, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 800 chapter thing actually happens

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
the end is so close it hurts...............

end of next chapter luffy is recovered and then 2-3 chapters to beat down DD???

so hopefully only 4ish chapters left until at least DD is out for the count???

plz...

tehy

Banned deucer.
still waiting for CP0 to show up...
+1

seriously, i remember people were hype for them, and they just faded into the background... ok, granted, I and probably some others felt like there was too much shit going on at the time but still, it's just weird to have that big reveal and have it not even play out so far

then again, maybe they're hiding in wait like the perfect covert operatives they are meant to be...still disappointing though

The end is near! Once Luffy recovers it shouldn't really be a prolonged brawl since he's good for one final attack. So unless the recovery lasts more than a chapter I can't see the fight lasting longer than like 2-3 more chapters. Alternatively the Burgess vs Sabo bout could delay the end if Oda wants to focus on it (mixed feelings about that) or if King Riku wants to make some random speech again.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
while this arc made me want to read OP again (I took a break during the stupid Sanji gimmicks on Fishmen Island and the boring arc of Punk Hazard) I'm glad this arc is about to be over. Over a year has been spent on this and I'm happy we're going somewhere new.

Honestly I'm excited for Kaido because I have this theory Gin and the Kreig pirates are subordinates of them now, or at least Gin is with Kaido now.
#bringbackGin

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What will end up happening with Doffy now? Can they even arrest him w/o his Shichibukai title? Law would kill him if he got the chance, but will he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)