The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
games I have uploaded so far:

also I am playing oliprobs in the coming days and darkloic in about a week. I will finish my preparations for the very neat monster dexter the griffin asap and then we will fight

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Reminder:

Furthermore, if by Sunday, June 28th, 2015 at 11:59 EST you have not completed at least one battle, I will force the Captain to sub you out. I will NOT accept inactivity.
If you won't be able to play at least 1 game by this Sunday but you have already scheduled, PM telling me why you haven't been able to play any game until now and why I should not force your captain to sub you out, and when have you scheduled with your opponents.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
i think i made the right moves
Honestly, you could have just went into skarmory on smeargle after letting alom take the sleep and click whirlwind, which forces him to bpass immediately into espeon w/o the +3 boost from cotton guard, meaning your goth would be able to live a stored power and trick it(although it would make it sort of a 5050 between going back into goth on cm or him clicking stored power directly, but if you got whirlwinded back to goth it was a guarantee win too). If your goth didn't have enough hp evs to live stored power after geo+cm(204 hp) or you for some reason didn't have whirlwind on skarm, you should have just went for the early wake w/ goth because u'd still ohko smeargle even after geo(or well, if it was a 3-turn sleep, there was the possibility between tricking as he goes to espeon or goin for psychic as he stays in and predicts trick to bp right after). The way you ended up playing made it an autoloss, not that it was a choke exactly, but there were better ways to try to deal with the situation.
Not that beating bp w/ stall is something easy, though

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Honestly, you could have just went into skarmory on smeargle after letting alom take the sleep and click whirlwind, which forces him to bpass immediately into espeon w/o the +3 boost from cotton guard, meaning your goth would be able to live a stored power and trick it(although it would make it sort of a 5050 between going back into goth on cm or him clicking stored power directly, but if you got whirlwinded back to goth it was a guarantee win too). If your goth didn't have enough hp evs to live stored power after geo+cm(204 hp) or you for some reason didn't have whirlwind on skarm, you should have just went for the early wake w/ goth because u'd still ohko smeargle even after geo(or well, if it was a 3-turn sleep, there was the possibility between tricking as he goes to espeon or goin for psychic as he stays in and predicts trick to bp right after). The way you ended up playing made it an autoloss, not that it was a choke exactly, but there were better ways to try to deal with the situation.
Not that beating bp w/ stall is something easy, though
You were watching the wrong battle. That was for Hydreigon Cup ._.

lol give me a fucking break, I thoroughly outplayed problems but lost anyway despite his genius jolly subsalac hera in sand. I love pokemon "gg"

edit: to all the adv experts out there, if the aero was jolly it would've needed absolute max damage to kill cune so kindly fuck off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)