Board Game Double Decker Diplomacy - G1 Over (E/F/G/I/R/T Draw), G2 Over (A/E/G Draw)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Honestly this whole game was invalidated the minute you subbed in so I'm not super bothered either way
Ok I am actually not going to ignore this type of comment anymore since honestly I do not think it is a valid excuse for losing... For the record the other diplo game I won here was a game where I was France and the person playing England was subbed out... and immediately became much more hostile to me afterwards! The individual in question was none other than Aura_Guardian. Sweet irony.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It has nothing to do with you. I would never have done the actions I did prior to your subbing (most particularly stabbing Germany) unless I 100% trusted England. The fact that literally every single original player in this game except for lolAgape has ragequit over your subbing ought to be a hint that it completely invalidated the game because people played as if DLE were England for three turns. This is a fact.

Curiously, when I became hostile to Bass in the anonymous game, he'd first sent me a message... which indicated he was now against me.

EDIT: Also, Bass subbing in is not why I left. Not directly by any means.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I mean if ag was gonna leave because of a player, i did more than enough to frustrate him in the last smogon game we played together so i cant imagine bass did something so egregiously different and awful to him that he would quit off that

I don't blame Bass, I blame UncleSam and DLE for subbing out.

It'd be so nice for original players to stay with the game throughout. If bass had been in since the beginning, I'd be fine with my position if that is how it ended up.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah i would have loved to stick out game 1 but i had some personal issues that needed attending to. Once I attended to them I was able to play but it would have been unfair to the people playing for me to take a hiatus for a week and a half.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
GAME 2 IS OFFICIALLY OVER! CONGRATULATIONS TO Gale Wing Srock, PokeguyNXB, and Da Letter El (originally Black Heart) FOR THE DRAW!

TL;DR postgame: Everyone was Gale's bottom girl for half the game, then it was Gale & Pokeguy vs. the world but at that point not many people cared.

------------------------------------

in the meantime Game 1 deadline extended 24 hours because UncleSam and moi haven't sent me anything but i'm confident i can shake them down for orders. This is their only extension though.

shout out to everyone who actually showed up on IRC and engaged in actual diplomacy with other players and just in general playing to win!

seriously, maybe i have a flawed vantage point but it sure seemed like to me that as soon as DLE subbed in, everyone seemed to rush and see who could be the one to let him win. why bother playing to win??? maybe if you guys actually cared about winning/playing the game/engaging in actual DIPLOMACY maybe it wouldn't have been so boring???

Yes, during my stage (i.e. before Da Letter El subbed in) I and Gale Wing Srock even when being natural rivals tied together as allies from centre and after some plays we were powerhouses which made others feel bore... That's one of the two reasons I subbed out so that Gale can get a rival but it seems it didn't work out... The other reason being that my admissions in college have started (which are still on...)

Still guys, well played...

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
no more hide tags yay!

in other news, it will say that certain units for Italy and Russia held rather than NMRing; in actuality they didn't, i just have to do it that way to prevent the autodisband

ANYWAYS, the update:

Agape - Austria:
F Adriatic Sea - Trieste
A Budapest - Vienna
A Rumania - Budapest
A Serbia Supports F Adriatic Sea - Trieste

Bass - England:
F English Channel Supports A Picardy - Brest
F Irish Sea Supports F North Atlantic Ocean - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
F North Atlantic Ocean - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
F Norway Supports F St Petersburg(nc)
A Paris Supports A Burgundy - Gascony (*Void*)
A Picardy - Brest
F St Petersburg(nc) Supports F Norway

UncleSam - France:
F Gascony - Brest (*Fails*)
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean Hold (*Dislodged*)
F Spain(sc) - Marseilles

Drawesome532 - Germany:
F Baltic Sea - Sweden
A Burgundy - Belgium
A Holland Supports A Burgundy - Belgium
A Sweden - Finland
A Tyrolia - Venice (*Fails*)

moi - Italy:
F Greece, no move received
F Ionian Sea, no move received
A Trieste Hold (*Dislodged*)
F Tyrrhenian Sea, no move received
A Venice, no move received
F Western Mediterranean, no move received

askaninjask - Russia:
F Gulf of Bothnia, no move received
F Sevastopol, no move received
A Smyrna Hold (*Dislodged*)
A Ukraine, no move received
A Warsaw, no move received

Gale Wing Srock - Turkey:
F Aegean Sea Supports A Constantinople - Smyrna
F Black Sea - Ankara
A Constantinople - Smyrna

Retreats needed:
UncleSam - France: F Mid-Atlantic Ocean
moi - Italy: A Trieste
askaninjask - Russia: A Smyrna

Autumn 1905 ends 24 hours from this post.

HOWEVER, because 2/3 of the players who need to retreat have been less-than-active, I will allow players to send builds this cycle as well (since it will be impossible for any supply centers to change hands directly as a result of these retreats).

Adjustments needed:
Drawesome532 - Germany: Build 2
moi - Italy: Remove 1
askaninjask - Russia: Remove 2
Gale Wing Srock - Turkey: Build 1

If I have received all retreats AND all builds from all players who are not Italy or Russia, I will combine the next two updates and jump straight into Spring.

Guys,

Kiritsugu is new to the game, so I am going to coach him. Will give him intro of the game, and tutor him on basics of the game. I will be giving objective feedback to him, this even means that his support can be got by any country giving him a fair deal. There will be no Juggernaut, to keep it a sane game for him.

Requesting the players to create convos with him, including me and walrein. And to keep the game clean on his side for atleast till he is comfortable.

The sole objective of this is to make Kirisugu's first game, a good experience for him in general. Regardless of a Loss or draw. This doesn't however mean that he wouldn't go for a win. He could go for it if he wants to. But realistically, I don't see it happening in this game, because of his inexperience.

Requesting an extension to the phase for his introduction to the game.

If you guys have any objection. Then let us discuss for a bit.

----

Regarding Italy's substitution I don't mind if Italian units are in CD or we seek a sub for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)