Fusion Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Oh, you're right. I thought it affected all physical attacks.

In which case, yea, Haxardos has a really good chance of actually breaking past it, outside of Balloon variants (which isn't the best imho, as it needs Lefties due to its lack of recovery). Of course, it would need to SD or EQ on the switch otherwise it gets burned but yea

Parents: Delcatty + Wailord
Shared egg group: Field
Offspring Name: Wailcatty
New type: Normal / Water
New base stats: 130 / 87 / 65 / 82 / 60 / 75
New ability and desc: Normal Veil : This Pokemon is immune to Normal-type moves.
Notable moves: Return, Waterfall, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Wish
Role Identification: Uhhhhhhhhhhh........ I guess a bulkyish physical attacker?

To do:
  1. Analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? Can they be better?
I really think we should buff the ability of Wailcatty because I think it's pretty unviable judging by its stats and typing. Yeah it can wish pass, baton pass and Heal Bell but I don't see it do anything more than that. As for comparing it to Vaporeon, Vaporeon has better typing, MUCH higher Special Attack and Special Defense, and it's UU.

I know that stats can't be changed, so we should make it more viable by buffing its ability at least.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
You might have noticed that Gargatr and Garchados are actually quite similar, as per their standard counterparts. Unfortunately, with a lack of Sheer Force to set them apart, on paper it seems like Garchados is the bulkier, stronger and faster one of the two, but Gargatr has its advantages too. Unlike standard, both pokemon get Swords Dance from Garchomp, but Gargatr still has access to priority Aqua Jet. However, as a Dragon Dancer when three moves are all the coverage you can get, Garchados has advantages due to Intimidate and high special bulk allowing it easy setup opportunities, as well as a nice 101 speed that allows it to speed tie with the likes of Landorus-I in standard and speed creep base 100 mons. It also has higher attack, but what it lacks is high powered coverage outside of Earthquake and Fire Blast. Whilst Gargatr gets Superpower and Ice Punch, Garchados is still stuck with Brick Break and Ice Fang. Gargatr also has a stronger Fire Blast, courtesy of Feraligatr's higher SpA. Gargatr hits harder when at 1/3 health despite having less HP and has a nice evasion boost, to compensate for the lower attack, while Garchados gets his evasion boosted as well but in sand (thereby granting him immunity to sand as well, as per standard Sand Veil), while Intimidate compensates for it's lower physical bulk. Two sides of a coin, really.

A standard Choice Scarf set they can both run:

Gargatr and Garchados @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk 4 SpA or 4 Hp 252 Spe Jolly/Naive

Garchados (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Veil of Intimidation
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP or 4 SpA
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge

Gargatr (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent Veil
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Fire Blast

An SD set:

Gargatr (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP or 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly or Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail

Dragon Tail is listed as an option because with the lack of a speed boost, you're gonna be outsped by a lot of mons with crazy speed in this metagame. If you want to make use of your bulk and run a tank set, go ahead and run SD with Aqua Jet for priority, and Dragon Tail for shuffling.

Garchados excels at Dragon Tail sets too however. It can run a similar set, but it doesn't have Aqua Jet, so Gargatr outclasses it in that regard. However...

Garchados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

I know using Negative SpA is weird, but Garchados's attack is quite high for Dragon Tail abuse, and it can't really give up bulk on either side too. And well, Scald's only real use is to burn opponents. Gargatr can run a similar set, but lacks Intimidate, has less attack, less mixed bulk and is slower by 1 point (lol). Other than that, it's mostly the same, so Garchados is the superior option.

Garchados @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Yeah, I pretty much copied Garchomp's set and replaced Fire Blast with Waterfall. Anyway, Garchados functions quite similarly to Garchomp in that regard, except it loses Rough Skin, but its speed is nearly Identical, you may have to add around 3 more to perform the same speed creeps it did to mons in regular OU (such as outspeeding Neutral Bisharp), but that's subjective really as we don't know what new threats this meta will bring us, so that can be tweaked around a bit. Defensively, it may well have a better typing than Garchomp, with 2x weaknesses to Dragon and Fairy over Garchomp which had the same but with a 4x ice weakness and electric immunity. However, the added bulk should compensate for that.

Last but not least is the standard Dragon Dance set. This is where both mons deviate from Garchomp, as it never had Dragon Dance in the standard meta. Offhand I'd say the superior DD user really depends on what you run as your coverage move. While Gargatr may have Superpower, it's -Atk - Def boost is kind of detrimental to a boosting set, while both can run Brick Break or Earthquake Garchados has higher speed, bulk and attack stats so it's gonna outclass Garchados in that regard. There's always Ice Punch but the damage output from Garchados' Ice Fang makes up for it due to higher attack. However, Gargatr's access to Torrent, while situational, should help it in late game situations, while Garchados' Intimidate lets it have an easier time setting up. It's a matter of preference really.

Garchados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Taunt
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall

Again, I'm taking Gyarados' standard bulk set here, replacing only Bounce with Dragon Claw. If you're feeling lucky, you can run Outrage on this set if you're confident your opponent won't break your sub soon but as always, the claw is more reliable. Pretty straightforward, use sub to avoid status or use your speed to Taunt opponents fast. Again, the speed can be tweaked around when the meta starts.

Garchados @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Ice Fang

Simple. Standard DD with two stabs + coverage. Here's what Gargatr can run instead:

Gargatr @ Life Orb
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Ice Punch / Superpower

Gargatr has the benefit of a stronger Fire Blast and higher BP coverage moves, but it has better things to do. Theoretically, it can run Superpower on a choice band set.

And that's all for now. Gonna make some sprites later...

You might have noticed that Gargatr and Garchados are actually quite similar, as per their standard counterparts. Unfortunately, with a lack of Sheer Force to set them apart, on paper it seems like Garchados is the bulkier, stronger and faster one of the two, but Gargatr has its advantages too. Unlike standard, both pokemon get Swords Dance from Garchomp, but Gargatr still has access to priority Aqua Jet. However, as a Dragon Dancer when three moves are all the coverage you can get, Garchados has advantages due to Intimidate and high special bulk allowing it easy setup opportunities, as well as a nice 101 speed that allows it to speed tie with the likes of Landorus-I in standard and speed creep base 100 mons. It also has higher attack, but what it lacks is high powered coverage outside of Earthquake and Fire Blast. Whilst Gargatr gets Superpower and Ice Punch, Garchados is still stuck with Brick Break and Ice Fang. Gargatr also has a stronger Fire Blast, courtesy of Feraligatr's higher SpA. Gargatr hits harder when at 1/3 health despite having less HP and has a nice evasion boost, to compensate for the lower attack, while Garchados gets his evasion boosted as well but in sand (thereby granting him immunity to sand as well, as per standard Sand Veil), while Intimidate compensates for it's lower physical bulk. Two sides of a coin, really.

A standard Choice Scarf set they can both run:

Gargatr and Garchados @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk 4 SpA or 4 Hp 252 Spe Jolly/Naive

Garchados (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge

Gargatr (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Fire Blast

An SD set:

Gargatr (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP or 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly or Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail

Dragon Tail is listed as an option because with the lack of a speed boost, you're gonna be outsped by a lot of mons with crazy speed in this metagame. If you want to make use of your bulk and run a tank set, go ahead and run SD with Aqua Jet for priority, and Dragon Tail for shuffling.

Garchados excels at Dragon Tail sets too however. It can run a similar set, but it doesn't have Aqua Jet, so Gargatr outclasses it in that regard. However...

Garchados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

I know using Negative SpA is weird, but Garchados's attack is quite high for Dragon Tail abuse, and it can't really give up bulk on either side too. And well, Scald's only real use is to burn opponents. Gargatr can run a similar set, but lacks Intimidate, has less attack, less mixed bulk and is slower by 1 point (lol). Other than that, it's mostly the same, so Garchados is the superior option.

Garchados @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Yeah, I pretty much copied Garchomp's set and replaced Fire Blast with Waterfall. Anyway, Garchados functions quite similarly to Garchomp in that regard, except it loses Rough Skin, but its speed is nearly Identical, you may have to add around 3 more to perform the same speed creeps it did to mons in regular OU (such as outspeeding Neutral Bisharp), but that's subjective really as we don't know what new threats this meta will bring us, so that can be tweaked around a bit. Defensively, it may well have a better typing than Garchomp, with 2x weaknesses to Dragon and Fairy over Garchomp which had the same but with a 4x ice weakness and electric immunity. However, the added bulk should compensate for that.

Last but not least is the standard Dragon Dance set. This is where both mons deviate from Garchomp, as it never had Dragon Dance in the standard meta. Offhand I'd say the superior DD user really depends on what you run as your coverage move. While Gargatr may have Superpower, it's -Atk - Def boost is kind of detrimental to a boosting set, while both can run Brick Break or Earthquake Garchados has higher speed, bulk and attack stats so it's gonna outclass Garchados in that regard. There's always Ice Punch but the damage output from Garchados' Ice Fang makes up for it due to higher attack. However, Gargatr's access to Torrent, while situational, should help it in late game situations, while Garchados' Intimidate lets it have an easier time setting up. It's a matter of preference really.

Garchados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Taunt
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall

Again, I'm taking Gyarados' standard bulk set here, replacing only Bounce with Dragon Claw. If you're feeling lucky, you can run Outrage on this set if you're confident your opponent won't break your sub soon but as always, the claw is more reliable. Pretty straightforward, use sub to avoid status or use your speed to Taunt opponents fast. Again, the speed can be tweaked around when the meta starts.

Garchados @ Life Orb
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Ice Fang

Simple. Standard DD with two stabs + coverage. Here's what Gargatr can run instead:

Gargatr @ Life Orb
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Ice Punch / Superpower

Gargatr has the benefit of a stronger Fire Blast and higher BP coverage moves, but it has better things to do. Theoretically, it can run Superpower on a choice band set.

And that's all for now. Gonna make some sprites later...
Garchados can always run +SpD/-Spe (Sassy, I think) on its Rest-Talk set to avoid weakening Scald, since I don't think it's meant to outspeed much anyways.

I'm doing some art for a few fusions, but it will be a while til I have anything more than sketches bc I'm out of country. If anyone is planning on doing art and wants to see some of my sketches for my fusions, msg me.
-------
Set Time!
Cofagreelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy Fortitude
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold/Impish Nature
-Pain Split
-Will o Wisp/Toxic
-Dragon Tail
-Stealth Rock/Shadow Ball/Protect/Iron Head
Basic tank Cofagreelix, High physical investment. I prefer Bold, but if you want to bring Iron Head as your fourth move or want more Dragon Tail damage, Impish works. Bold does have the benefit of reducing an enemy wall's Foul Play damage, which is nice. Pain Split is a must, since often Cofagreelix will tank a hit at 1 HP because of its ability, so predicting this and Pain Splitting can do a good amount of damage and keep Cogagreelix alive longer. The second slot is for passive damage: Will o Wisp walls physical attackers even harder, while toxic does more damage.Dragon Tail is a great move, as it racks up more passive damage and also can get rid of a troubling foe, such as a set up sweeper or a special attacker. The final slot depends on team comp: if you have no other hazard setter, run stealth rock, it will increase passive damage done by this Pokemon and hurt in tandem with Dragon Tail. Protect is useful for stalling leftovers recovery and WoW/Toxic damage, and Shadow Ball and Iron Head are nice to do some damage and not be total Taunt bait.
uwu enjoy~

SpartanMalice

Garchados can always run +SpD/-Spe (Sassy, I think) on its Rest-Talk set to avoid weakening Scald, since I don't think it's meant to outspeed much anyways.
True, but with 80 SpA I don't think Scald will be putting a dent in anything that matters tbh. But like I said, we don't know any speed tiers for sure yet, so it is pretty tentative. As far as I can tell, only three things in OU matter: Neutral (i.e Adamant) Bisharp - 239, Uninvested Gliscor - 226 and Jolly Azumarill - 218. Garchados' SpA is 176 when negative and 196 when positive. It's speed is 214 (negative) - 238 (positive), which is pretty good for a defensive pokemon, with some slight speed EVs it can always Scald first and get the burn, but the damage difference is only slight.

0- SpA Gyarados Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 87-103 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 94% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Gyarados Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 96-114 (35.2 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hmm, but on second thought, getting a guaranteed 3HKO is indeed more useful than outspeeding, so yeah I think it's good to go with Sassy. Maybe some defense EVs too ?

+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 261-307 (61.2 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 214-253 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 174-205 (40.8 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 144-169 (33.8 - 39.6%) -- 23.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 153-181 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 186-220 (43.6 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 102-121 (23.9 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not bad at all (The defiant calcs were due to Intimidate), maybe it could indeed use some defense EVs? Hmm, earlier I mentioned Intimidate as being it's main advantage over Gargatr. But maybe it's both a blessing and a curse.

I'll edit this post with a few sprites soon.

Edit:

Garchados comes in two variants, Black/Red and Blue/Gold (the tail is a bit weird, I know, but this is what I hope the general design should be: Gyarados' fins and Garchomp's spikes, plus Gyarados' "crown".

Gargatr actually looks far cooler, I think. The spikes do a good job at making it look intimidating, ironically, than Garchados. I gave it Garchomp's colours as a primary and Feraligator's as a shiny.

Last edited:
Skarbat
Steel/Poison
85/95/110/65/75/110 630 BST
Inner Sturdiness: Can't be flinched at full health and sturdy.
Notable moves: Curse, Brave Bird, Spikes, SR, Poison Jab, Iron Head, U-Turn, Defog, Roost, Swords Dance.

(I was writing this just as the previous post popped up, so sorry to SpartanMalice for immediately diverging from his post) I feel like Armour Cast might need to be changed a bit to make it more balanced as it seems a bit overpowered rn. It gives you two free Dragon Dances when you either consume an item (which is easy to achieve by use of Normal Gem, Sitrus Berry, Focus Sash, Red Card, etc or get Knock Off'd which is a pretty common move in ORAS and a move that Hawlusharp can switch into a knock off with ease due to have a 4x resistance to it. The cost of losing 1 Def/Sp.Def isn't really that much as nothing will really outspeed you at +2 and with 118 base attack doubled (which gives a total of 736 with Adamant Nature) not much will survive a STAB and/or s.e. hit from this thing. You will need to worry about priority after this ability activates, sure, but team mates can easily deal with those, and Hawlusharp can use Sucker Punch to out-priority the priority users bar E-Speed + Fake Out.

In order to fix this I would suggest perhaps nerfing the buff to only +1 Atk/Spe and/or making the ability not activate when the Pokemon is hit by Knock Off, and so the ability only activates when an item is consumed. There may be a better way to balance this ability, but if so I haven't thought of it.
I definitely see where you're coming from. Sounded more balanced in my head, I guess :P

Toning it down to +1 Atk/Spe sounds like an acceptable nerf to me, since at +1 it can still get outsped by a lot of scarfers. Thoughts, anyone?

I definitely see where you're coming from. Sounded more balanced in my head, I guess :P

Toning it down to +1 Atk/Spe sounds like an acceptable nerf to me, since at +1 it can still get outsped by a lot of scarfers. Thoughts, anyone?
+1 Attack, with a 50% speed boost that isn't measured as a stat change. This both keeps to the mechanics of Unburden and gives it a little protection from shit like Topsy-Turvy and Imposter (okay, it lets you 50/50 with Ditto). Otherwise yes, this seems solid.

SpartanMalice

I almost didn't notice Armor Cast raised speed as well. That is indeed powerful o.o, and even with a single boost to both it need not bother boosting another time manually.

EV

Banned deucer.
Uselesscrab can you add the latest winners to the second post?

Submissions re-opened! What are some NFEs that might be worth fusing?

Parents: Numel / Arcanine
Offspring name: Arcamel
New type: Fire
New base stats: 85 / 95 / 70 / 92 / 72 / 75
New ability and desc: Simple Stare - Lowers target's Attack 2 stages upon entering the battlefield.
Notable moves: Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Lava Plume, Roar
Role identification: Very bulky Fire-type with somewhat reliable recovery. Shuffles around the opponent, sets hazards, and spreads burn status.

SpartanMalice

Parents: Basculin / Malamar
Shared egg group: Water
Offspring name: Malaulin
New type: Water/Dark
New base stats: 88/102/86/84/75/95
New ability and desc: Reversability - No cool gimmicks this time, just plain old Adaptability + Contrary.
Notable moves: Waterfall, Superpower, Crunch, Knock Off, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Rock Slide, Switcheroo
Role identification: Fairly straightforward. One could say, due to the additional of Contrary, this is a superior Crawdaunt. That being said, it's movepool is still stale, but this could hit pretty damn hard. It's speed is fairly average though, and it has no way of boosting it other than Scarf so, we're good. Not too OP I think.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Lets do some Smeargle stuff

Parents: Smeargle / Slaking
Offspring name: Smearking
New type: Normal
New base stats: 102 / 100 / 77 / 67 / 65 / 97
New ability and desc: Technical Truant: User can only use attacking moves that have 60 BP or less every other turn. Status Moves do not count.
Notable moves: Every move in the game (once), Return, Slack Off, Encore, Power-Up Punch, Pursuit, Elemental Punches, Gunk Shot, Taunt
Role identification: A Smeargle fusion that has decent stats! However, it's ability is semi-limiting. It works like Truant, except instead of doing nothing you can only use moves with 60 BP or less (status moves don't count otherwise it would be a bit borked imho). As for what role, it's a very versatile Pokemon due to Sketch and its huge natural movepool. Plus, there are some cute moves you can use during TechTruant turns, like Power-Up Punch and Pursuit. You can even Sketch something like Tail Slap and have a powerful STAB move to use during TechTruant turns. Nuzzle wouldn't be a terrible option either. Overall with its limiting movepool, and mediocre stats I don't think it's borked but a very fun mon!

SpartanMalice

That's actually a nice way to balance it out. Though it got a touch too overkill with the nerfing lmao. I guess that's the best you can do with it though.

Reserving Scyther + Gliscor. You called for NFE and here we are!

Parents: Scyther / Gliscor
Shared egg group: Bug
Offspring name: Scyscor
New type: Bug/Ground
New base stats: 82/112/112/60/87/110
New ability and desc: Technicutter - Moves of or below 60 BP get boosted by 1.5x, and attack cannot be lowered
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Agility, Baton Pass, Defog, Roost, Brick Break, Knock Off, Pursuit, U-Turn, Tailwind, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Bulldoze, Bug Bite, Feint Attack (?, somehow is the only dark move other than pursuit boosted by tech)
Role identification: Not as good as I thought it would be, but Nincada's (formerly) unique typing is decent offensively and of course offensively. Unfortunately Poison Heal is DW so we're stuck with Hyper Cutter. I suppose STAB Technician Bulldoze could be a thing on a defensive mon. Also, SR neutrality!

Reserving Steelix + Aegislash. The Reptile previously made Haxardos, which he believed to be the highest possibly boosted attack in Fusionmons. Well it is, but I've found a loophole :D, although it might need a nerf.

Last edited:
A smalltime thug unwittingly signs a pact with a demonic hellhound. The hellhound takes over the thug's body, and just like that, its last remaining trace of humanity dissipates, and the creature that remained was one driven solely by its lust for making others suffer. Its name... Scroom.

Parents:
Scrafty + Houndoom
Offspring name: Scroom
New Type: Dark
New base stats: 80/100/92/87/107/86 (BST: 552)
New ability: Moxie + Flash Fire = Hellspawn: This ability activates when the user KOs a Pokemon. When that happens, its Atk and SpA are raised one stage, its typing changes to Dark/Fire, and it gains an immunity to Fire- type attacks.
Notable moves: Bulk Up, Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Drain Punch, Sludge Bomb, Iron Tail
Role Identification: Lategame setup sweeper/ win condition. You can fully special or physical (or mixed, if you're adventurous), as its movepool will provide you with more than adequate support either way.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Parents: Snorlax + Tyranitar
Shared egg group: Monster
Offspring name: Snoritar
New Type: Normal/Rock
New Base Stats: 140/132/97/90/115/55
New abillity and desc: Thick Sand Stream: Opon switching in, sets up Sandstorm for turns. When Sandstorm is up, Fire and Ice type attacks deal 50% damage (Including it's own)
Notable moves: Stealth Rock, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance, Rock Polish, Curse, Thrash, Pursuit, Thrash, Yawn, Dragon Tail, Self Destruct, Thunder Wave, Whirlwind, Stone Edge, Return, Taunt
Role Identification: This pokemon functions mainly as a poweful tank, having the bulk to take many differnet special attacks. It can also function as a wallbreaker or a trick room sweeper thanks to its access to powerful setup moves

I might need to change this thing's abillity a bit, because right now this is looking pretty OP

Also, reserving Raichu + Lucario

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Parents: Steelix + Aegislash
Shared egg group: Mineral
Offspring name: Aegisteel
New type: Steel
New base stats: 77/77/185/62/117/55 (Steel Shield)
77/185/77/117/62/55 (Rock Blade)
New ability and desc: Rock Metamorphosis - When using a recoil move, switches to it's Blade form. When using King's Shield, reverts to shield form, but recoil moves can pass through the shield. Prevents recoil damage. I'm thinking of making it change type to Rock or Ground when it shifts to offense, in order to nerf it's defensive capability a bit, but that'd a) be too weird and b) actually make it worse to handle.
Notable moves:
Autotomize, Sacred Sword, Destiny Bond, Flash Cannon, Head Smash, Iron Head, King's Shield, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Crunch,
Dragon Tail, Explosion, Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Toxic
Role identification: Enter Aegisteel, a firm competitor to Haxardos for highest attack in Fusionmons and maybe Cofagreelix due to King's Shield plus absurd defense. I came up with slight ways to nerf it, not sure if it's good enough but there you go! Losing that ghost typing, not exactly sure how helpful that is for this mon.

If actually allowed, reserving Rhyperior + Rhydon.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Maybe I could let it use status moves every other turn if its too much of a nerf? idk, that sounds too powerful to me, especially with Sketch. At the moment I think it's fine, since at worst you can always PuP during Truant turns.

Let's do something silly - a defensive Ice-type.

Parents: Aurorus / Avalugg
Offspring name: Avarus
New type: Rock / Ice
New base stats: 119 / 107 / 138 / 81 / 79 / 53
New ability and desc: Fridged Body [Ice Body + Refridgerate] (Contact moves used against the user become Ice-type)
Notable moves: Recover, Rapid Spin, Stone Edge, Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Encore
Role identification: Rock / Ice is an abysmal defensive typing...unless you can make all contact moves non-STAB and non-SE. While it does have a 4x weakness to Fighting and Steel, most, if not all, physical moves of those types are contact moves. This lets it wall things that it probably shouldn't with that typing, such as Fighting-types (it can probably wall Terrakion even with a weakness to Rock - that bulk is pretty solid). Unlike Avalugg though it's Special Defense isn't awful, although it is still kind of weak, and it doesn't fridge anything (except for Grass Knot, which could let it wall non-EQ Mega Metagross funnily). Overall a pretty good defensive mon.

SpartanMalice

Parents: Rhyperior / Rhydon
Offspring name: Rhydorior
New type: Ground / Rock
New base stats: 120/145/135/60/60/50
New ability and desc: Rock Head + Solid Rock = Solid Snake - Removes recoil damage and reduces super effective hits by 3/4.
Notable moves: Nothing new, except no recoil Double Edge.
Role identification: Gotta admit, this actually works out for the new Donperrior. It's essentially a direct improvement statistically, although it loses Rock Stab, it loses out on 2 4x weaknesses, and Solid Rock for a mono type is pretty good. Rhyperior's answer to Mega Steelix, if you will. Offensively, this is a better choice, defensively, it could probably have merged with Hippowdon instead for Slack Off, but that's why it inherits Solid Rock instead. I realize Rock Head's useless, but Reckless is DW and also not useful and Lightningrod is far worse.

Since I'm having fun with these, reserving Snorlax + Rhyperior next. Or should it be Rhydon? Solid Rock + Rock Head is actually harder to choose time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents: Arcanine / Zoroark
Shared Egg Group: Field
Offspring Name: Zorcanine
New Type: Fire / Dark
New Base Stats: 85/117/80/120/80/110 (BST 592)
New Ability and Desc: Mental Fear (Intimidate + Illusion) - Always appear as full health to the opponent.
Notable Moves: Physical- Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Extremespeed, Iron Head, Reversal, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Low Kick, Wild Charge, Pursuit, U-turn
Special: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Snarl, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Dragon Pulse, Solarbeam, Snarl
Status: Will-O-Wisp, Roar, Morning Sun, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, Taunt, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Memento, Trick
Role Indentification: So lots of coincidences going for it. Its Parents are A-Z, and its typing is unique except in Houndoom's eyes. Just Pairing intimidate and Illusion together kinda seems counter productive, so I came up with this ability. It makes the opponent unable to see your health, which is awesome for striking fear with your numerous status moves. Its excellent offensive stats and movepool allow it to function as a revenger, or a set up sweeper. It performs SD+ Espeed much more effectively than lucario thanks to its immunity to burn, dark stab to dissuade ghost types, greater power, greater speed, and greater bulk! Defensive sets are where this ability really shines. 85/80/80 defenses may not be the sturdiest around, but Zorcanine is capable of dishing out fast WoW and morning suns. Just having morning sun+lefties makes it hard for the opponent to keep track of your health. Zorcanine also has 6 resistances and 1 immunity.

SpartanMalice , I think Rhyperidon is a better name. Also, don't you mean Mega Aggron, not Mega Steelix?
Parents: Cofagrigus / Wobbuffet
Shared egg group: Amorphous
Offspring name: Wobbugrigus
New type: Ghost/Psychic
New base stats: 125/51/111/74/91/41
New ability and desc: Mummy Trap: Opponent is trapped, unless they have Shadow Tag or Mummy Trap. Using a contact move on a Mon with Mummy Trap gives them Mummy Trap.
Notable moves: Counter, Night Shade, Protect, Will-o-Wisp, really anything from Cofagrigus' movepool because Wobbuffet doesn't have one
Role identification: It's like Wobbuffet, but it actually works. Mummy Trap basically gives a free Counter, and it's not likely to be OHKO'd due to having great defenses. You can't stall it out by not attacking it either because Cofagrigus provides a decent support movepool as well as Night Shade so it's not passive. It still lacks reliable recovery, though, and I doubt a Rest set will be viable on it.

SpartanMalice

Yeah, I wanted something along those lines too, like Rhydorion, but since it had to be a portmanteau, I zigged it around that way. I suppose we could always change it later...

Parents: Rhyperior/Snorlax
Shared Egg Group: Monster
Offspring Name: Rhylax
New Type: Normal / Ground
New Base Stats: 147/135/107/70/92/45
New Ability and Desc: Ability: Thick Rock - Halves Ice and Fire damage and reduces the damage output of super effective moves by 3/4
Notable Moves: Body Slam, Return, Double Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Superpower, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Gunk Shot, Heavy Slam, Ice Punch, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Wild Charge, ThunderPunch, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Hammer Arm, Megahorn, Rock Polish, Shadow Claw, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, Role Indentification: Rhyperior was always a strong mon held back by its weaknesses. While my previous fusion worked around making it decent, I think this one might actually be better. Both mons have nice movepools, Snorlax's added special bulk and HP actually makes this pretty solid all around. 147/107/92 is not bad at all especially when you factor in Thick Rock (it technically resists Ice moves now). Offensively, it's not a slouch either - 135 attack puts it on par with the pseudo legendaries. If it wants to, it can run a support set with Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail as well. I could've used Rhydon for the offensive variant, but this is better imo.

Reserving Electabuzz + Electivire, that actually makes a better mon overall.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Parents: Azumarill + Breloom
Shared Egg Group: Fairy
Offspring Name: Azumaloom
New Type: Water / Grass
New Base Stats: 90 / 100 / 90 / 70 / 80 / 70
New Ability and Desc: Healing Fat - HP is restored by 1/8th every turn when burned or frozen. Prevents the attack drop from Burn status and the immobilization by Frozen status.
Notable Moves: Leech Seed, Scald, Spore, Substitute, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Bullet Seed, Sword Dance, Belly Drum, Synthesis, Knock Off
Role Indentification: Can run an annoying SubSeed set with access to Spore and Scald and huge passive recovery. Immunity to burns and good boosting and STAB options make a physically attacking set with Spore viable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)